PDA

View Full Version : Do pregnant women deserve a designated parking spot?

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 06:30 PM
A lot of you are going to think I'm a complete piece of shit, but whenever I go get groceries at the local supermarket I park in the expectant mothers parking space every time. It's the principle of the whole thing. I do not believe that getting knocked up entitles you to reserved parking. The store by my apartment has these designated signs that say expectant mother parking with the silouette of a stork carrying a baby in a blanket. ****ing ridiculous.

DMAC
10-17-2006, 06:31 PM
8 months and up definately do. They are handicapped.

Claynus
10-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Pregnant women should not leave the house.

MichaelH
10-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Where I live, the preggie mothers are driving 25ft SUV's that are 8 feet off the ground. If they can crawl back into that bus, they can walk a few extra feet. Exercise is also good.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Women shouldn't be allowed to drive. I have a thread to that effect.

Archie F. Swin
10-17-2006, 06:38 PM
I always thought that was stupid. Do they have a special expectant mothers shoping area where she can get everything she wants close to the front door?

Sully
10-17-2006, 06:40 PM
This seems worth getting pissed about.

runnercyclist
10-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Women should not leave the kitchen/bedroom/laundry room.

Fixed your post.

B2chiefsfan
10-17-2006, 06:47 PM
5 months and beyond.

Try getting into this debate with your pregnant wife.........:)

B2chiefsfan
10-17-2006, 06:49 PM
A lot of you are going to think I'm a complete piece of shit, but whenever I go get groceries at the local supermarket I park in the expectant mothers parking space every time. It's the principle of the whole thing. I do not believe that getting knocked up entitles you to reserved parking. The store by my apartment has these designated signs that say expectant mother parking with the silouette of a stork carrying a baby in a blanket. ****ing ridiculous.

You are completely right..............

JBucc
10-17-2006, 06:50 PM
If pregnant women get parking spaces so should guy's with beer guts.

B2chiefsfan
10-17-2006, 06:52 PM

Their spot should be in the far back so they can walk it off their fat azzes...

PinkFloyd
10-17-2006, 06:55 PM
I was diagnosed with M.S. in 2001 and I don't even use the handicap parking spaces... I'm still working and walking and playing ball and other activities... I wouldn't park in those spaces anyways...

PinkFloyd
10-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah --- regarding the question --- maybe if they are 8 months along and carrying 6 of them...

StcChief
10-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Walk the exercise well do them good.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 07:00 PM
5 months and beyond.

Try getting into this debate with your pregnant wife.........:)

Her ass wouldn't be allowed to go grocery shopping in the first place.
It's not so much me trying to be an asshole as it is me standing up to this PC bullshit and doing my part as a culture warrior.

Rain Man
10-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Is this only while they're giving birth, or during the entire gestation period? It seems like women could abuse this by merely claiming that they think they're two hours pregnant.

Ari Chi3fs
10-17-2006, 07:03 PM
my wife would say yes. I have never had a baby in my stomach... so I will bow to her expertise on the subject.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Is this only while they're giving birth, or during the entire gestation period? It seems like women could abuse this by merely claiming that they think they're two hours pregnant.

I stood idlely by when they outfitted supermarkets with rascal scooters. Enough is enough.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Only for those who are going to the grocery store to buy beer for their husbands.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 07:06 PM
my wife would say yes. I have never had a baby in my stomach... so I will bow to her expertise on the subject.

Let me know what you think when your wife leaves the room.

Ari Chi3fs
10-17-2006, 07:10 PM
heh. I think the final trimester, plus the first couple months after birth, they should be allowed access to the handicap parking spot.

0-6 months is not that big of deal, but 7-9, my wife bitched incessantly about her back and all the pain she had. It was rough on her.

SO yeah. They deserve a spot, but not to take advantage of it.

SLAG
10-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Only for those who are going to the grocery store to buy beer for their husbands.

You mean there is another reason?

RufusRJones
10-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Damn straight it's the principle of the thing! Who the hell do these store managers and pregnant women think they are? The next thing you know there will be special spots for people with disabilities right up front. MFers!

Cochise
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
They deserve them more than 95% of the people I see using handicapped spaces.

Baconeater
10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
My wife had a rough, complicated pregnancy to the point where her doctor gave her a temporary handicapped permit. So I would say no, if you're that bad off talk to your doctor or stay home.

It's just more PCBS.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 07:22 PM
heh. I think the final trimester, plus the first couple months after birth, they should be allowed access to the handicap parking spot.

0-6 months is not that big of deal, but 7-9, my wife bitched incessantly about her back and all the pain she had. It was rough on her.

They have no business going to the grocery store alone while expectant. Someone should drive them up and park them in non designated spots.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 07:22 PM
You mean there is another reason?

I just think we should publically support and remove all obsticles for wifes out to buy beer for thier husbands. If they are pregnant than they can't walk as fast so we need to move them closer to the door. There should also be a special express lane for check-out.

My only concern is how to get the husband a beer when she goes into labor. Maybe a beer drive through window for the wife in labor?

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 07:23 PM
They deserve them more than 95% of the people I see using handicapped spaces.

Really are you medically qualified to make that assessment.

SLAG
10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
I just think we should publically support and remove all obsticles for wifes out to buy beer for thier husbands. If they are pregnant than they can't walk as fast so we need to move them closer to the door. There should also be a special express lane for check-out.

My only concern is how to get the husband a beer when she goes into labor. Maybe a beer drive through window for the wife in labor?

just keep a cooler of a 30 pack in the trunk during the last trimester-

but honestly-

I have kids- and a wife-

and I park in the Pregnant spot any time i want.... i figure since she (my wife whom we are currently under "Contract" I represent her and she I) was Pregnant I deserve to always park in that space-

What the hell are they going to do -

Tow me because I wasnt "Pregnant"- I can beat that wrap son

Skip Towne
What about an Arkansawyer with only two teeth?

Mecca
I use to work in a grocery store........what about the people who have handicapped on their plates because they are fat? I don't think being fat makes you handicapped.......one time this really fat lady was on the motorized cart and was like "why is it going so slow?" so I had to inform her that it has a weight limit...

Chief Faithful

Psst, if she is still in the room you may want to edit out that incessantly comment. Hurry Up!

redbrian
10-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Now if you really want to go on a rant about grocery parking lots itís the lazy ass bastards who canít push the damn cart to the back of the cart coral.

Is just so damn hard, to push the damn thing another 4 foot, good god people if you are that damn weak and anemic stay the hell home with the pregnant women.

Baconeater
10-17-2006, 07:27 PM
I think I should get a special parking place on days my back is hurting. Or my knee for that matter.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I use to work in a grocery store........what about the people who have handicapped on their plates because they are fat? I don't think being fat makes you handicapped.......one time this really fat lady was on the motorized cart and was like "why is it going so slow?" so I had to inform her that it has a weight limit...

ROFL

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Now if you really want to go on a rant about grocery parking lots itís the lazy ass bastards who canít push the damn cart to the back of the cart coral.

Is just so damn hard, to push the damn thing another 4 foot, good god people if you are that damn weak and anemic stay the hell home with the pregnant women.
I do it just to piss you off. Then I laugh and laugh.

Baconeater
10-17-2006, 07:36 PM
just keep a cooler of a 30 pack in the trunk during the last trimester-

but honestly-

I have kids- and a wife-

and I park in the Pregnant spot any time i want.... i figure since she (my wife whom we are currently under "Contract" I represent her and she I) was Pregnant I deserve to always park in that space-

What the hell are they going to do -

Tow me because I wasnt "Pregnant"- I can beat that wrap son
You are absolutely right. Those spots aren't protected by law, we should all rebel and park in them whenever we can!

ChiefaRoo
10-17-2006, 07:37 PM

Not only are you a complete piece of shit your a simple minded one too. You're fired! Turn in your Chiefs board card and quietly click the close button on your way out.

morphius
10-17-2006, 07:37 PM
I think they should get use of the handicapped spots.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Not only are you a complete piece of shit your a simple minded one too. You're fired! Turn in your Chiefs board card and quietly click the close button on your way out.
Shut up, n00b!!

Jenny Gump
10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
They have no business going to the grocery store alone while expectant. Someone should drive them up and park them in non designated spots.

I'm calling BS on this one. First you say they don't deserve the spaces, now you are saying they are so fragile that someone should drive them to the store. What a joke. You can't have it both ways.

My opinion is that the majority of them do need to walk, its good for mom and the baby.

ChiefaRoo
10-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Shut up, n00b!!

Skip, if you keep popping that oversized okie head of yours up and out of your hole I'm just going to have to keep slapping you back down.

NOW GO GET YOUR ****ING SHINE BOX!!

SquirrellyBastard
10-17-2006, 07:58 PM
My wife can park wherever she wants when she's pregnant. She's still willing to "service" me even though her hormones are totally whacked. Most pregnant women are physcially exhausted let alone having to deal with lower back pain.

I'd love to see you guys confront a pregnant woman about a parking spot. You wouldn't live.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm calling BS on this one. First you say they don't deserve the spaces, now you are saying they are so fragile that someone should drive them to the store. What a joke. You can't have it both ways.

My opinion is that the majority of them do need to walk, its good for mom and the baby.

Drop them off and pick them up without having a designated space just for them. I don't think someone about to hike the ball should have a designated spot for them when they go grocery shopping.

Simplex3
10-17-2006, 08:13 PM
No s**t. When I was at 320 I can assure you it was just as hard for me to walk into the store as it is for some pregger.

Simplex3
10-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Dude, she obviously has no ability to think clearly. Christ, she married YOU.

Rain Man
10-17-2006, 08:17 PM
I've never had a baby in my stomach, either. At least, not a live, whole one.

Simplex3
10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
I've never had a baby in my stomach, either. At least, not a live, whole one.
For all the guys saying "We don't know", I call BS. I've never had a leg cut off but I'm thinking it would hurt. A lot. I've never had a toe crushed by a hammer, but I think I have a pretty firm grasp on what THAT would be like, too.

Take it from those of us who have been fatasses: it doesn't suck "I need to park in the lobby of the building so I don't have to walk" bad.

B2chiefsfan
10-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Her ass wouldn't be allowed to go grocery shopping in the first place.
It's not so much me trying to be an asshole as it is me standing up to this PC bullshit and doing my part as a culture warrior.

Some expecting mothers are have husbands that are deployed overseas. You just assume to kiss a king cobra than to take that spot on any military facility. You would basically get skinned by your commander if caught.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Some expecting mothers are have husbands that are deployed overseas. You just assume to kiss a king cobra than to take that spot on any military facility. You would basically get skinned by your commander if caught.

That still doesn't entitle them to a designated parking space.

OldTownChief
10-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Do fat women take advantage of this?

morphius
10-17-2006, 08:37 PM
For all the guys saying "We don't know", I call BS. I've never had a leg cut off but I'm thinking it would hurt. A lot. I've never had a toe crushed by a hammer, but I think I have a pretty firm grasp on what THAT would be like, too.

Take it from those of us who have been fatasses: it doesn't suck "I need to park in the lobby of the building so I don't have to walk" bad.
The difference is that most people get fat over time and it is well distributed, it is a bit different being pregnant, your hips are not spreading, you don't have something kicking you in the kidneys and bladder, or pinching your sciatic nerve.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-17-2006, 08:39 PM
What about women who expect to have children, eventually. Does that qualify as "expectant women"? My wife and I want to have children someday... can she park there?

Rain Man
10-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Do fat women take advantage of this?

I wouldn't think so. They're less likely to be pregnant.

Claynus
10-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Do you have a sister, FMB? If so, I want to marry her. Then you can drop your future kids off for the weekend at their Aunt and Uncle's place. I will then tie them down and force them to watch Paycheck and XXX over and over and over again.

Donger
10-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Yes. Any woman that is unfortunate enough to be knocked up by you people should at least have some benefit before she vomits forth that little biped upon the world.

el borracho
10-17-2006, 08:49 PM
When I was small my best friend had a swimming pool. We would swim until it became dark and cold out and then, before coming into the house, my best friend's father would take the garden hose and rinse us off. It would be freezing out but there we would stand being hosed by cold water and we never complained because his father would always say things like, "Let's see who's the bigger man" and "Real men don't complain."

Seriously, I would never complain that I had to walk farther than a woman, pregnant or not. It's not difficult. Nine times out of ten I can park farther away and still reach the store before the people who waste time looking for the closest spot. Just find a space, park your car and walk.

Oh, and quit complaining. It's embarrassing.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Skip, if you keep popping that oversized okie head of yours up and out of your hole I'm just going to have to keep slapping you back down.

NOW GO GET YOUR ****ING SHINE BOX!!
So you're a WSU fan huh? I've got a question for you. What kind of lightweight, chickenshit, no account, third rate non entity of a Division 1 school can't field a football team? Hell, Junior colleges can field a football team......even high schools can. If I were you I would stfu and stfd before I have to come over there.

redbrian
10-17-2006, 08:57 PM
When I was small my best friend had a swimming pool. We would swim until it became dark and cold out and then, before coming into the house, my best friend's father would take the garden hose and rinse us off. It would be freezing out but there we would stand being hosed by cold water and we never complained because his father would always say things like, "Let's see who's the bigger man" and "Real men don't complain."

Seriously, I would never complain that I had to walk farther than a woman, pregnant or not. It's not difficult. Nine times out of ten I can park farther away and still reach the store before the people who waste time looking for the closest spot. Just find a space, park your car and walk.

That always cracks me up, you see these fat asses (same folks who canít push the damn cart to the back), circling around and around looking for a spot close enough so they won't burn off any of the damn fat weighing them down.

Iíll park in the first slot I find and get in the store before they have the engine turned off.

Ultra Peanut
10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
<strike>Pregnant</strike> women should not leave the <strike>house</strike> kitchen.FYP

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 09:15 PM

It's not about having to walk further it's about an undeserved entitlement. Getting knocked up shouldn't get you a specially designated parking space.

jynni
10-17-2006, 09:15 PM
I thought walking was generally considered good for pregnant women? I mean, I know there are exceptions but if a pregnant women is that limited, then maybe she should be on bed rest. Or possibly get a temp disabled tag.

The place I work at has a ton of "expectant mother" spaces. More of those than handicap spaces. All the women in my office agreed that the spaces weren't neccesary. Maybe in the third trimester.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 09:19 PM
After the woman caught her husband cheating she told him "THERE BETTER BE SOMETHING IN THE DRIVEWAY TOMORROW THAT WILL DO 0-200 IN SIX SECONDS. The next day she looked out and saw a small package in the driveway. She retrieved it and anxiously opened it only to find..........a bathroom scale.

Jenny Gump
10-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Ehhh, we all know its just a PR stunt....ooooo, look, we "care" about "pregnant" people by putting a "space" in front of the "store". Aren't we special??

It really isn't out of a concern for someone's health or even convenience. If THAT were the case, they would stock the Boulevard in the middle of the cold case instead of that run of the mill domestic crap that some people call beer.

Braincase
10-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Every woman I nailed had a hard time walking for months, pregnant or not. Let 'em have the damn spot, you can walk an extra 25 feet, you fat Texas wuss.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Every woman I nailed had a hard time walking for months, pregnant or not. Let 'em have the damn spot, you can walk an extra 25 feet, you fat Texas wuss.

First off I don't care how long I live here I'll never be a Texan. Wasn't born here wasn't raised here. Second of all I'm no fatass I'm all muscles toughguy.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 09:26 PM
You're just a pretender. We have a guy on here who can wreck wombs and dislocate a uterus.

morphius
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
First off I don't care how long I live here I'll never be a Texan. Wasn't born here wasn't raised here. Second of all I'm no fatass I'm all muscles toughguy.

Just lacking in endurance I guess...

Jenny Gump

Prove it. This post is worthless without pics.

PastorMikH
What ever happened to the days when a woman would go to work in the field pregnant, go into labor, put the sack they are putting harvested crop into down for a minute or two, push out a kid, wrap it up in a blanket, drop it into a backpack or papoose, then pick up the bag and get back to work?

Today's women would never make it in the good ol' days.

:)

BucEyedPea
10-17-2006, 09:29 PM
I'd love to see you guys confront a pregnant woman about a parking spot. You wouldn't live.
Yep! If we can pick up a car to save a baby or child from being killed, I'm certain that when pregnant we can manage to pick up a car to throw at a man denying us closer parking. Wonder what that would be called...parking rage?

Donger
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Ehhh, we all know its just a PR stunt....ooooo, look, we "care" about "pregnant" people by putting a "space" in front of the "store". Aren't we special??

It really isn't out of a concern for someone's health or even convenience. If THAT were the case, they would stock the Boulevard in the middle of the cold case instead of that run of the mill domestic crap that some people call beer.

Okay, I'm ashamed to say that gave me a semi.

B2chiefsfan
10-17-2006, 10:06 PM
It's private property. They can designate parking spots anyway they want. What about "Employee of the Month", 'Volunteer of the Quarter", "Asshole of the Month",........etc..........

Who cares about this crap.......

Why do people waste their energy worrying about this kind of crap.

Rain Man
10-17-2006, 10:26 PM
It would seem like a bad concept to have a special parking spot for "Asshole of the Month."

B2chiefsfan
10-17-2006, 10:31 PM
It would seem like a bad concept to have a special parking spot for "Asshole of the Month."

It would actually be placed as far away from the store as possible.

Baconeater
10-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of people who would accept that title in exchange for a good parking place.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 10:41 PM
What ever happened to the days when a woman would go to work in the field pregnant, go into labor, put the sack they are putting harvested crop into down for a minute or two, push out a kid, wrap it up in a blanket, drop it into a backpack or papoose, then pick up the bag and get back to work?

Today's women would never make it in the good ol' days.

Ah the good old days. Before the white man got to Oklahoma, the men hunted and fished all day while the women did all the work. Then whitey showed up and improved that system into what we have now.

Demonpenz
10-17-2006, 11:01 PM
In hindsight maybe a pregant only staircase next to the marble store wasn't such a good idea at the overland park mall

PastorMikH
10-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Ah the good old days. Before the white man got to Oklahoma, the men hunted and fished all day while the women did all the work. Then whitey showed up and improved that system into what we have now.

Yeah, we did them a big favor didn't we?

luv
10-17-2006, 11:53 PM

The Price Cutter Plus at the corner of Republic Rd and Kansas Exp have a bunch of good imports in their cold case. Not quite in the middle, but you can still buy it nice and cold.

ChiefFan31
10-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Do pregnant women deserve a designated parking spot?

**** No

No thanks on that one. Yikes!

They shouldnt get a designated spot, but I aint about to go on a campaign about it.

ChiefaRoo
10-18-2006, 12:44 AM
So you're a WSU fan huh? I've got a question for you. What kind of lightweight, chickenshit, no account, third rate non entity of a Division 1 school can't field a football team? Hell, Junior colleges can field a football team......even high schools can. If I were you I would stfu and stfd before I have to come over there.

Spit shine my shoes you old Okie.

So I was at this party and Skip comes up to me and says "hey I'd like you to meet my wife and sister" The scary part was there was only one girl standing there.

B2chiefsfan
10-18-2006, 02:02 AM
I think they should get a handicap sticker if their doctor recommends it.

donkhater
10-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Outside our store the parking spaces are for parents with toddlers--not expectant mothers. I like it. When ever I go to the store with my 8, 5, 3 year old, I'd rather not walk across the length of th parking lot where people are paying less attention than when they are on the road.

chagrin
10-18-2006, 05:37 AM
Probably echoing others, but I feel like it is justified, but I don't want to see some milf wannabe, in her running shoes and workout clothes, at 7 weeks, taking up those spaces

Simplex3
10-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Yep! If we can pick up a car to save a baby or child from being killed, I'm certain that when pregnant we can manage to pick up a car to throw at a man denying us closer parking. Wonder what that would be called...parking rage?
Only if bitching is capable of picking up and thowing cars. Compaining is the only thing I've seen pregnant women do. Well, that and eating weird crap like ice cream with mustard and pickles.

Simplex3
10-18-2006, 05:43 AM
I'm sure there are plenty of people who would accept that title in exchange for a good parking place.
Around my customer site they'd have to add "of the Month" to my current title of "Asshole" before it would work.

old_geezer
10-18-2006, 05:48 AM
I think they should get a handicap sticker if their doctor recommends it.

That just raises a whole new "piss me off" list for me. Docs will issue a "handicaped" permit to damn near anyone that has the nerve to ask for one. For instance, I worked with a man a few years ago that put on a lot of weight (i.e., he got fat). So he went to the doc and got a handicap permit so he could drive a four wheeler into the bushes to drag out his deer when he shot it. He was too damn lazy to carry or drag it out like everyone else. Then he got the bright idea that he could improve his hunting chances during archery season by using a crossbow. So he goes to the doc again and claims arthiritus made it too hard to pull back the bow and -zap- doc gives him a permit to use a crossbow during archery season.

I think ALL handicaped stickers should be a lot harder to come by. :cuss:

KC Dan
10-18-2006, 05:56 AM
No, misdeamenor endangerment and get a 2 month house arrest punishment instead of murder. If she's cute and white, no punishment as she has suffered enough. Not white/cute or a man -> 10-25 years.

Simplex3
10-18-2006, 05:56 AM
I think ALL handicaped stickers should be a lot harder to come by. :cuss:
Amen my brother.

Also, if you can't do the activity as it's meant to be done, why the hell do we bend over backwards to accomodate you? Let's say, for instance, my arthritis is SO bad that I can't even use a crossbow. Should I be allowed to use a gun? Maybe it's so bad I can't even walk around the woods. They should bring the deer to me in a cage. Then, instead of having to use the gun (since that's hard) they could rig it up so that when I say "now" someone else drops the deer (still in the cage) into a pool of water and drowns it. That would really help the handicapped.

Amnorix
10-18-2006, 06:05 AM

Yes.

Braincase
10-18-2006, 06:08 AM
The hottie that got knocked up gets the space? How about the guy that tapped dat ass? Maybe a parking space and a beer.

Bill Parcells
10-18-2006, 06:26 AM
I'm a complete piece of shit

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Fried Meat Ball!
10-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Do you have a sister, FMB? If so, I want to marry her. Then you can drop your future kids off for the weekend at their Aunt and Uncle's place. I will then tie them down and force them to watch Paycheck and XXX over and over and over again.
First of all, why? Why would you do that to the innocent children?

Second of all... no, I don't have a sister.

ZepSinger
10-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Absolutely they deserve the spot. My wife's Dr. said that most miscarriages occur before 12 weeks, so I applaud tons of parking spot TLC for the expectant mother's duration, and for weeks afterward. Jeez, what happened to chivalry??? The day comes that I can't walk an extra 100 feet for a mom-to-be would be a pretty sad day....

Z

BucEyedPea
10-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Around my customer site they'd have to add "of the Month" to my current title of "Asshole" before it would work.

That would rule out all women.
You sure you wanna go with that one?
I mean give us a chance to at least be in the running.

Not all women bitch when pregnant. Those hormones make many happy.
I loved being pregnant. There is a glow when pregnant.

Amnorix
10-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Not all women bitch when pregnant. Those hormones make many happy.
I loved being pregnant. There is a glow when pregnant.

As my wife used to say, "the pregnancy glow is just sweat".

She enjoyed being pregnant some of the time, but at the end especially it can be very challenging. She had sciatica with our first boy, and that was really tough.

BucEyedPea
10-18-2006, 07:18 AM
As my wife used to say, "the pregnancy glow is just sweat".

She enjoyed being pregnant some of the time, but at the end especially it can be very challenging. She had sciatica with our first boy, and that was really tough.
The end, I admit, is physically challengingó just to sleep, never mind having to walk through a supermarket parking lot.
Luckily, I didn't have to go the full nine, being ordered to a pre-planned C-ection a month earlier. What a relief!! Too many, in the so-called "good-old-days" died in childbirth along with their babies.

Robo-Chachi
10-18-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm OK with them if they are used by women who are late in pregnancies. When my wife was really pregnant I'd get pissed when I'd see some lady pull into one we wanted to park in and show no visible signs of pregnancy, which happened often. It isn't your reward for getting knocked up last month.

StcChief
10-18-2006, 07:54 AM
The end, I admit, is physically challengingó just to sleep, never mind having to walk through a supermarket parking lot.

How about get the lazy a$$ of the couch to go to the store for you in last month.

morphius
10-18-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm OK with them if they are used by women who are late in pregnancies. When my wife was really pregnant I'd get pissed when I'd see some lady pull into one we wanted to park in and show no visible signs of pregnancy, which happened often. It isn't your reward for getting knocked up last month.
Which is why I think doctors should hand out temporary handicap badges for the last few months of the pregnancy.

Skip Towne
10-18-2006, 08:15 AM
I think the government should get involved.

HC_Chief
10-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Absolutely they deserve the spot. My wife's Dr. said that most miscarriages occur before 12 weeks, so I applaud tons of parking spot TLC for the expectant mother's duration, and for weeks afterward. Jeez, what happened to chivalry??? The day comes that I can't walk an extra 100 feet for a mom-to-be would be a pretty sad day....

Z

No kidding.

Somebody should kick the living shit out of PID.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-18-2006, 08:45 AM

Getting "knocked up" probably doesn't entitle you to anything, but being pregnant should.
Why should you care if a pregnant woman gets to park a little closer than you do?

Baconeater
10-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Luckily, I didn't have to go the full nine, being ordered to a pre-planned C-ection a month earlier. What a relief!! Too many, in the so-called "good-old-days" died in childbirth along with their babies.
Um, what do you do once you're inside the supermarket?

BucEyedPea
10-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Um, what do you do once you're inside the supermarket?
Leaning on the cart does take pressure off your feet.( I used to push, then jump on and ride it like a bike). Groceries get carried out by baggers if needed...and they do have those carts, for those in the worst shape. Luckily I didn't go 9 months like I said.

Baconeater
10-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Leaning on the cart does take pressure off your feet.( I used to push, then jump on and ride it like a bike). Groceries get carried out by baggers if needed...and they do have those carts, for those in the worst shape. Luckily I didn't go 9 months like I said.
I'm not sure I'm buying that leaning on the cart helps all that much. Even if the groceries get carried out by baggers, you're still WALKING next to them. As I said earlier, those in worst shape can get a handicapped placard, there are no shortage of those parking places.

I don't really have a huge problem with the concept, as someone stated earlier it's private property and they can designate the parking however they want, I just fail to see the logic in it.

TN_Chief
10-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Not in my opinion. Nor do about 50% of the people with "disabled" tags/permits.

Actually, what pisses me off just about as much is seeing someone with a handicapped tag park in a regular spot when there are handicapped spaces available.

BucEyedPea
10-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure I'm buying that leaning on the cart helps all that much.

Have you ever been pregnant?
I did it all the time...and when I had an knee injury...it helps!

Even if the groceries get carried out by baggers, you're still WALKING next to them. As I said earlier, those in worst shape can get a handicapped placard, there are no shortage of those parking places.

I don't really have a huge problem with the concept, as someone stated earlier it's private property and they can designate the parking however they want, I just fail to see the logic in it.

I have never advocated the govt requiring a private place of business to do this. But if private places should, because their customers may happen to have a lot of families in their area, and they want to do something nice then I don't see any problem with that.

And to be honest with you I ate out during a lot of mine anyway and never had to try walking in the 9th month as I posted. But if the 8th is any indication, just by the difficulty in finding a comfortable sleeping position...well then I can imagine what it'd be like.