PDA

View Full Version : Best BBQ dinner you've ever had?

KChiefs1
10-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Mine:

Jack Stack Burnt Ends
Jack Stack BBQ Beans

I have that just about everytime I get back to KC or Martin City...of course I love Arthur Bryant's ribs too but Smoke Stack seems to have the perfect meal in my opinion.:clap:

Anyone else?:hmmm:

Simply Red
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
When I came into town last year for the last game of the season, my Dad and I went to Gates right there across from Cool Crest. (which is amazing in itself that it is still there) I went with a big plate of Steak Fries and a triple decker on Wonder Bread, Ham and Beef Brisket. Best I've had in years. Keep in mind that I'm now in Georgia where uhh they don't do BBQ well.

Archie F. Swin
10-17-2006, 09:28 PM
John & Cooks
Lawton, Oklahoma

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 09:30 PM
When I came into town last year for the last game of the season, my Dad and I went to Gates right there across from Cool Crest. (which is amazing in itself that it is still there) I went with a big plate of Steak Fries and a triple decker on Wonder Bread, Ham and Beef Brisket. Best I've had in years. Keep in mind that I'm now in Georgia where uhh they don't do BBQ well.
You are easily impressed. Gates is fast food plain and simple. Right down to their frozen french fries. Try Bryant's.

Simply Red
10-17-2006, 09:31 PM
You are easily impressed. Gates is fast fod plain and simple. Right down to their frozen french fries. Try Bryant's.

long time parted with KC so yes I am at this point.

CoMoChief
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
I dont know. I love certain dishes from different places.

Best Ribs - Houston's

Best Beans - Zarda BBQ (not store bought - those suck)

Burnt Ends - Arthur Bryants

noa
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Oklahoma Joe's BBQ Ribs. Best ribs I've ever had in my life, and I filled up my gas tank while I was there!

http://kansascity.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=kansascity&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oklahomajoesbbq.com%2F

Jenny Gump
10-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Abe's BBQ in Clarksdale, MS.

Bugeater
10-17-2006, 09:51 PM
I have a great place right down the street. Which reminds me, Donger, if you are reading this, no they don't ship the jerky. Sorry.

Dave Lane
10-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Ribs - Gates

Beans - LC's

Sandwich - Lauras

Burnt Ends - Haywards

Dave

Reaper16
10-17-2006, 10:23 PM
My favorite overall place is Oklahoma Joe's. 2 jumbo pulled pork sandwiches and pink lemonade is mu usual. I find thier ribs to be very good as well, far above the average. Though only served on Wed, they have bad-ass burnt ends.

I love a Jack Stack when affordable. Ribs + burnt ends are great, and those beans! Really good fries, too.

Bryant's is the s***, too. I happen to really like a short end from there, and you can' go wrong with the towering, mountianous Beef sandwich.

Amazingly, for as much as I eat KC barbecue, I haven't had LCs yet. I plan on correcting that soon.

I know a lot of Planeteers are proud BBQers themselves. I can vouch for Phobia's pulled pork as being pretty darn awesome, but that was over a year ago. I'm sure its even improved from then.

Demonpenz
10-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I had jack stack burnt ends. holy shit that was great.

HemiEd
10-17-2006, 11:09 PM
We used to eat a lot at Rosedales in KC, pretty good. The best ever though, is R&S Barbecue in Wichita. Last time I was there, it was only open 4 hours a day, two days a week. They ran the place similar to the "Soup Nazi" in Seinfeld.

Smed1065
10-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Phobia better have ribs on the menu on Thanksgiving..........also BBQ Beef is hard to find outside of KC. IMO.......

Phobia
10-17-2006, 11:42 PM
I know a lot of Planeteers are proud BBQers themselves. I can vouch for Phobia's pulled pork as being pretty darn awesome, but that was over a year ago. I'm sure its even improved from then.

That was my first time trying pulled pork. Yes, it's much better now.

Phobia
10-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Phobia better have ribs on the menu on Thanksgiving..........also BBQ Beef is hard to find outside of KC. IMO.......

We'll eat whatever you want. You're the boss.

Smed1065
10-17-2006, 11:43 PM
He is the best PULLER in the country, practice makes perfect..........

luv
10-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Corky's in Memphis. BB King's was really good too.

HMc
10-17-2006, 11:50 PM
I went to Bryant's once when i was in KC, i've never had better BBQ anywhere in the world.

Smed1065
10-17-2006, 11:54 PM
We'll eat whatever you want. You're the boss.

That should scare off most of the ones I wanted too

but I bet there some cling-ons here..............

:)

ChiefFan31
10-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Man, that is kind of tough, but the first thing that came to mind is the pulled pork sandwich from Oklahoma Joe's. Gaawwd Dayumm that is some good eats :drool:

CHIEF4EVER
10-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Best Burnt Ends in the world - LC's.

Saggysack
10-18-2006, 02:25 AM

Uh..

Brennan Rd. BBQ in Columbus, Ga. is one of the finest BBQ places in the country, has benn for years. It's a hole in the wall, but the food is outstanding.

Nzoner
10-18-2006, 07:10 AM
We had a little place here is St Joe called Beaty BBQ that used to have a Saturday night buffet.Been gone close to 10 years now(the owner retired)but to this day best ribs,sauce and sides I've ever had.

MOhillbilly
10-18-2006, 07:29 AM
best ever was done up at family affairs.

beyond that Stones BBQ in spfld. (late 70s early 80s)

StcChief
10-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Hole in the wall joint in Memphis. Dry rub.

NewChief
10-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Craig's in Devall's Bluff, Arkansas is pretty spectacular. Here's a review:
http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writeup.aspx?ReviewID=2466&RefID=2453

Baby Lee
10-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Last time at Jackstack Railhouse was a pretty good experience. We got a wide assortment, and the whole time it was;

bite of brisket - "mmm, I think the brisket's the best."
bite of sausage - "no, definitely the sausage."
bite of ribs - "nothing can beat the ribs"
bit of brisket - "ooh, forgot how good the brisket was."

and on and on. brisket, ribs, sausage, chicken, pork, beans, cheesy corn, cole slaw.

Best ever, I'd probably say Keegans in Martin City, but that might be nostalgia.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Brisket at my house.
Beans at my house.
Smoked corn on the cob at my house.
Sun tea at my house.
Homemade rolls at my house.

Skip Towne
10-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Brisket at my house.
Beans at my house.
Smoked corn on the cob at my house.
Sun tea at my house.
Homemade rolls at my house.
Your wife at my house.

boogblaster
10-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Heard Bryants was the best ends on earth..Masterpiece Zarda and Gates is all Ive ever eatin in KC....luv that ends and brisket...

TN_Chief
10-18-2006, 09:59 AM
I love Bryant's...which is one of the few BBQ places I've been in KC. Living in Memphis, we've got our share of decent BBQ down this way as well.

If you're ever in Memphis...skip The Rendezvous. IMO they're coasting on their rep and it's really more of a tourist trap and an "institution" at this point. Germantown Commissary blows Rendezvous out of the water.