PDA

View Full Version : Madden 07 360 ?

wutamess
10-18-2006, 01:07 AM
I just received tha game.
I want to get heavy into this again like Iw as when I was in college.

Having trouble with some things?

1. How in the hell do you tackle. I'm used to the old Gameday series of tackling when you hit a button and you kinda stuck to the ball carrier.

The x button on Madden dives but sometimes it dives past the player.
Is the right thumbstick the correct tckling method? I noticed that if you miss with it you can't quickly recover.

2. What's the best position to be in to swat/ intercept the ball? It seems like I'm always out of place.

Is it me or are those LB & RB buttons uncomfortable as hell?

Help from some Madden guru would be appreciated.

HC_Chief
10-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Player switching sucks in EA football games, period. More than half the time as soon as you pick the guy closest to the ball, he slows down. When you hit the "dive" button he goes in the direction 180 degrees opposite of the ball carrier.

Then factor in EA's attempt at "game-balance AI"... you know, what pretty much anyone who has ever played an EA football title calls "the f*cking game CHEATS!". :grr: That shit pisses me off. If I am triple-covering a player, and the ball somehow magically materializes THROUGH one or more of said defenders into the hands of a receiver, then all three defenders manage to bouce off the receiver like bullets off of superman, resulting in a long TD reception, then the receiver is ten steps faster than ANYONE on my team... I call bullshit.

Best bet is to get your player close to the ball carrier. You can make a tackle by guiding him into the RB/WR/QB/etc. If you think you have it lined up properly, use the right stick. NEVER dive unless it is absolutely necessary.... and then, expect the dive to be off target or ineffective.

F*ck, EA sucks. :grr:

JBucc
10-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Madden 360 sucks. Sell it and get NCAA instead.

HC_Chief
10-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Madden 360 sucks. Sell it and get NCAA instead.

Same problems as outlined in my first email.

Waht's worse: random penalties. PI calls are about as inconsistent in NCAA as I have ever seen. They will flag for PI when there isn't a defender in sight, but will allow a complete rape of a receiver and no hanky. There is ZERO AI involved in the penalty system.

And what the hell is the point of the "pump up crowd"? You can have your crowd fired up, making tons of noise, and nothing EVER freaking happens. Check that, YOUR team will get a false start when you have the ball... and the crowd is dead silent.

EA sucks.

JBucc
10-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Same problems as outlined in my first email.

Waht's worse: random penalties. PI calls are about as inconsistent in NCAA as I have ever seen. They will flag for PI when there isn't a defender in sight, but will allow a complete rape of a receiver and no hanky. There is ZERO AI involved in the penalty system.

And what the hell is the point of the "pump up crowd"? You can have your crowd fired up, making tons of noise, and nothing EVER freaking happens. Check that, YOUR team will get a false start when you have the ball... and the crowd is dead silent.

EA sucks.Er....nevermind then. Sell it and get Fight Night or something.

wutamess
10-18-2006, 05:12 PM
I can't take "it isn't possible" for an answer.

I played online against a guy in ESPN 05 and he absolutely dominated me... intercepting everything I threw and good tackling.

Is it one of those things that practice makes perfect?
I'm not good at tackling, swatting, intercepting, etc. granted... I've just had the game all of 5 days.