PDA

View Full Version : Turley at FB

Troy1220
10-18-2006, 09:01 AM
I heard he wanted to be a tight end. What about lining him up as a fullback in short yardage situations. Okay..stupid idea...I'm sorry.

Troy

Warrior5
10-18-2006, 09:12 AM
I've said this before; for some reason Ross looks like he should be a FB.

At this point, it couldn't hurt.

jspchief
10-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Turley is too tall. I don't think he'd be able to get the leverage.

Besides, it would probably be harder on his back than playing LT.

ct
10-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Turley is too tall. I don't think he'd be able to get the leverage.

Besides, it would probably be harder on his back than playing LT.

Exactly my thought. FB demands much more movement, so now you're talking high speed collisions, rather than mostly trying to stand up the DE and maintain leverage. Both I'm sure are very hard on a bad back, but the higher speed shock playing FB, I imagine would be brutal!

Frankie
10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Ahem,.... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3486736#post3486736
(cough)..... post 79, (cough, cough)!

tyton75
10-18-2006, 10:47 AM
I liked what the Patriots used to do in short yardage with Klecko... get a big D-tackle to blast thru the hole...

Sims could do that.. couldn't he?? it would be fun to watch! :)

pr_capone
10-18-2006, 11:58 AM
I liked what the Patriots used to do in short yardage with Klecko... get a big D-tackle to blast thru the hole...

Sims could do that.. couldn't he?? it would be fun to watch! :)

Only if a LB would shoot in low around his knees and end his joke of a career.

CoMoChief
10-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Only if a LB would shoot in low around his knees and end his joke of a career.

ROFL

greg63
10-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Why not he can't play LT.

Dartgod
10-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't think calling attention to the fact that you were the first person to suggest a really dumb plan is that good of an idea.

PastorMikH
10-18-2006, 12:11 PM

Hairball there Frankie?

Quick! Get him off the carpet and over on the linoleum!

:)

As for Turley at FB, I think it would be a lot easier for a guy who's been on the line his entire career to go to TE than FB. At TE he's basically doing the same thing as he did at tackle except the guys he's blocking aren't quite as big and he gets to run a pass route from time to time.

greg63
10-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Hairball there Frankie?

Quick! Get him off the carpet and over on the linoleum!

:)

As for Turley at FB, I think it would be a lot easier for a guy who's been on the line his entire career to go to TE than FB. At TE he's basically doing the same thing as he did at tackle except the guys he's blocking aren't quite as big and he gets to run a pass route from time to time.

That's what I was thinking; kinda sad when ya really think about it.

trndobrd
10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Does this mean we can move Jason Dunn to Tackle? Yea!!

PBJ

Frankie
10-18-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't think calling attention to the fact that you were the first person to suggest a really dumb plan is that good of an idea.
I actually agree.

greg63
10-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Rich Scanlon people! Rich Scanlon is the answer!!! :p

Frankie
10-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Rich Scanlon people! Rich Scanlon is the answer!!! :p
Isn't he injured? Oh wait, I forgot about his super telekinetic blocking powers. I guess he can block from the sideline that way.

Kyle401
10-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I heard he wanted to be a tight end. What about lining him up as a fullback in short yardage situations. Okay..stupid idea...I'm sorry.

Troy

If you believe this is a stupid idea, why would you create a new thread about it? :shake:

Frankie
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
If you believe this is a stupid idea, why would you create a new thread about it? :shake:
nube jitters.

el borracho
10-18-2006, 01:32 PM
We should just cut Turley already and be done with it. He is not the answer to anything on the football field anymore.

greg63
10-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Isn't he injured? Oh wait, I forgot about his super telekinetic blocking powers. I guess he can block from the sideline that way.

Yup, he can make the opponents soil themselves merely by appearing on the sideline.

Fruit Ninja
10-19-2006, 12:04 AM
I am thinking is ol Boomer as the suprise FB. Just a hunch though.

SNR
10-19-2006, 12:12 AM

Sims could do that.. couldn't he?? it would be fun to watch! :)I think I remember seeing an old movie about that...

http://www.monstrula.de/filme/blob/unbekannt.jpg

Troy1220
10-19-2006, 04:43 AM
If you believe this is a stupid idea, why would you create a new thread about it?

I love getting a rise out of assholes like you.

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 09:17 AM
I am thinking is ol Boomer as the suprise FB. Just a hunch though.
Good a guess as any. I was thinking Reed, he's got that bowling ball build.

jspchief
10-19-2006, 09:26 AM
We should just cut Turley already and be done with it. He is not the answer to anything on the football field anymore.Yea, because his vet minimum salary and the roster spot he's consuming is the only thing keeping us from having a great O-line. :rolleyes:

I've been skeptical of what Turley could give us since the day he was signed, but what possible reason do we have for cutting him at this stage? Even if he only plays one in every 4 games, that's still an upgrade over Black 25% of the time.

StcChief
10-19-2006, 09:33 AM
I am thinking is ol Boomer as the suprise FB. Just a hunch though.Wouldn't bother me to see Boomer get a shot.

With the new guy signed as FB this looks doubtful.

Frankie
10-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Good a guess as any. I was thinking Reed, he's got that bowling ball build.
Wilkerson?

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Wilkerson?
JMO, but i think they would want a guy with a more squat build. Better at getting leverage.

el borracho
10-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Yea, because his vet minimum salary and the roster spot he's consuming is the only thing keeping us from having a great O-line. :rolleyes:

I've been skeptical of what Turley could give us since the day he was signed, but what possible reason do we have for cutting him at this stage? Even if he only plays one in every 4 games, that's still an upgrade over Black 25% of the time.
I'm not really concerned with Turley's salary and I don't think anyone said anything about our Oline being great this year. I would cut Turley because I don't think his mediocre play warrants a roster spot if he can only play 2 out of 5 games. I would prefer to see a young player (Svitek and/ or Stallings) get some experience at the position. Who knows? maybe we can develop someone this year and have one less lineman to draft next year. :shrug:

jspchief
10-19-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm not really concerned with Turley's salary and I don't think anyone said anything about our Oline being great this year. I would cut Turley because I don't think his mediocre play warrants a roster spot if he can only play 2 out of 5 games. I would prefer to see a young player (Svitek and/ or Stallings) get some experience at the position. Who knows? maybe we can develop someone this year and have one less lineman to draft next year. :shrug:Fair enough. I guess where we differ is that I think it's a little early to throw in the towel.

I still think this team deserves the best effort to win from the coaches/FO, and if we can hold a .500 record until Green gets back, it's not beyond the realm of possibility to get 10 wins and make the play-offs.