PDA

View Full Version : A review of my day to date.

Rain Man
10-18-2006, 02:53 PM
I had to put out a report last night and told myself that I wasn't going home until I finished it and I finished it at 1:30 in the morning after eating a bunch of M&Ms that I found in the cupboard and went home but I didn't have a coat and my car had a bunch of snow and ice on it and the locks were frozen so it took me about 15 minutes in the cold empty parking lot to get the car unlocked and then I got to bed at 2:00 a.m. and overslept this morning but it wasn't a big deal and so I came back into the office at about 9:00 and got a bunch of stuff done today even though somehow I had a meeting that didn't get on my schedule and caught me by surprise but that was okay because I'm kind of dressed up because I was supposed to do a presentation this evening about survey design but then the client called and canceled it on me which is the third time they've canceled it but that's fine and for the first time in months and months I'm actually pretty caught up at work so I might go to the gym and then go home early which will be pretty cool since they're installing our kitchen countertops today and I really want to see them and man oh man it's really nice to not have a deadline bearing down on me for once so maybe I'll even go walk around the pedestrian mall or something and have another Dr. Pepper because I really like Dr. Pepper and perhaps even plan to get home early enough to see if I can catch a rerun of the Simpsons or Drew Carey and you know this is working out to be a pretty nice day.

seclark
10-18-2006, 02:55 PM
rainman's pregnant...he's skipping periods.
sec

trndobrd
10-18-2006, 02:57 PM
I had to put out a report last night and told myself that I wasn't going home until I finished it and I finished it at 1:30 in the morning after eating a bunch of M&Ms that I found in the cupboard and went home but I didn't have a coat and my car had a bunch of snow and ice on it and the locks were frozen so it took me about 15 minutes in the cold empty parking lot to get the car unlocked and then I got to bed at 2:00 a.m. and overslept this morning but it wasn't a big deal and so I came back into the office at about 9:00 and got a bunch of stuff done today even though somehow I had a meeting that didn't get on my schedule and caught me by surprise but that was okay because I'm kind of dressed up because I was supposed to do a presentation this evening about survey design but then the client called and canceled it on me which is the third time they've canceled it but that's fine and for the first time in months and months I'm actually pretty caught up at work so I might go to the gym and then go home early which will be pretty cool since they're installing our kitchen countertops today and I really want to see them and man oh man it's really nice to not have a deadline bearing down on me for once so maybe I'll even go walk around the pedestrian mall or something and have another Dr. Pepper because I really like Dr. Pepper and perhaps even plan to get home early enough to see if I can catch a rerun of the Simpsons or Drew Carey and you know this is working out to be a pretty nice day.

siberian khatru
10-18-2006, 02:59 PM
God, I hope Kevin doesn't dismember his wife and stick her in an oven.

Count Zarth
10-18-2006, 03:01 PM
How many M&M's did you eat?

What was the report about?

Also, congratulations on your last article. It was entertaining as usual.

Warrior5
10-18-2006, 03:09 PM
...even though somehow I had a meeting that didn't get on my schedule and caught me by surprise but that was okay because I'm kind of dressed up because I was supposed to do a presentation this evening about survey design...

http://www.film.org.pl/images2/rain_man/4.jpg

Rain Man
10-18-2006, 03:16 PM
How many M&M's did you eat?

What was the report about?

Also, congratulations on your last article. It was entertaining as usual.

1. Way too many. I found the bag around midnight, and it was one of those big commercial five-pound bags. I was pounding them down until I realized that my teeth were getting a candy-coated film on them.

2. Survey of construction company owners in various cities around the country. Quite interesting, actually.

3. Thanks. Was it the Lamar Hunt one or the Detroit one? Would Nick mind if I posted the Lamar Hunt one? I want to start a grassroots movement.

Kyle401
10-18-2006, 03:47 PM

311 words, 1 period.

I wish my wife was that brief during hers...

siberian khatru
10-18-2006, 03:48 PM
311 words, 1 period.

I wish my wife was that brief during hers...

Oh, man, CLASSIC. ROFL

Fat Elvis
10-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Dr. Pepper is carbonated prune juice. They use it in nursing homes because it gives people the runs...kinda like that sentence.

Glad you're caught up and got that out of your system. :thumb:

Count Zarth
10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
3. Thanks. Was it the Lamar Hunt one or the Detroit one? Would Nick mind if I posted the Lamar Hunt one? I want to start a grassroots movement.

Detroit? I don't know what you're talking about. The last one from you I read was "Quest for Coverage."

I did enjoy the Lamar one. That issue just hit the stands. We'll get it posted on the site in a month or so perhaps.

Count Zarth
10-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Dr. Pepper is carbonated prune juice.

No it's not. That is a myth.

HemiEd
10-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Kevin, you might want to reduce the strength of your coffee. Or maybe even a change to decaf. :D