PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu

listopencil
10-19-2006, 12:33 AM
I was able to get it sent to me via mail for free and installed it in...oh...I don't know...twenty minutes or so. I'm posting this from my Ubuntu laptop. I haven't checked to see if my WINXP still works, I left it as dual booting 'cuz I'm chicken. Here goes.

listopencil
10-19-2006, 12:42 AM
OK, I'm back in WINXP again. Windows freaked out and had me go through a verification process then reboot. It wants me to reboot again one more time. Heh. Everything is going fine so far.

listopencil
10-19-2006, 12:52 AM
...and now I'm back on my desktop. I don't really use my laptop for anything other than a toy, so I split the hard drive in two. Half WINXP and half Ubuntu. If this goes well I might just ditch MS completely.

SLAG
10-19-2006, 12:17 PM
...and now I'm back on my desktop. I don't really use my laptop for anything other than a toy, so I split the hard drive in two. Half WINXP and half Ubuntu. If this goes well I might just ditch MS completely.

SUSE Linux really told me to Dump M.S but some programs are just under windows so i usally leave a half assed version of xp installed just in case-

IMO -Ubuntu sux but im not a fan of the GNOME interface-

You may want to try Kbuntu or Suse if you are digging the Linux- just a suggestion but you do like the donkeys so Ovbiously your sense of Taste is off right there

:p

listopencil
10-19-2006, 10:51 PM
...stuff...

Eh, I stumbled across a site that was willing to ship me multiple copies of Ubuntu on CD and went with it. I like it so far but I haven't done much with it. I'll keep messing around with it-I really like free stuff. I'll tell you what though-if my WINXP ever crashes like WIN98SE on my old Crashpaq POSario used to do I've seen enough. I won't restore Windows ever again. I'll let the bastard die next time.