PDA

View Full Version : News Break: Oakland sells out a game!

morphius
01-06-2001, 02:00 PM
Just figured that needed to be said since it happens so rarely.

[Edited by morphius on 01-06-2001 at 03:02 PM]

morphius
01-06-2001, 02:10 PM
The refs missed a huge tackle from behind right after the pick that released him to return for a TD, bad bad refs.

BigOlChiefsfan
01-06-2001, 02:21 PM
What an opportunity for an earthquake, sez I. Aww, I take it back, I'm betting Ugly Duck is there, and I wouldn't want to lose a fine, if misguided, debater here on the board. Didn't Abraham ask God to spare Sodom if he could find one honest man within the town? Same story, similar metroplex. All y'all Sodomites owe UD a beer.
Uh...watch 'em, Duck. Don't drop your wallet.

I'm enjoying the game so far, there was a great shot of Chucky doing his immitation of Popeye the sailorman on the sidelines. If I hadn't turned off the sound to ignore the announcers, I probably could have heard him say 'I yam what I yam'.

morphius
01-06-2001, 02:24 PM
Well it appears that every good play the dolphins make will be given a penalty and an automatic first down.

hawaiianboy
01-06-2001, 03:17 PM
Tsk...tsk...tsk...

Morphius whining about the refs...

Attendence cracks....

Thug references....

LMAO.... you guys are in midseason form!

Too bad your season is over......

morphius
01-06-2001, 03:19 PM
JQ - Other then that missed call on the INT return I really can't complain about the refs. Your D is making some plays and helping out the O. It is a good thing Fielder sucks because his WR's have been wide open. Your O is also doing a pretty good job running the ball.

morphius
01-06-2001, 04:14 PM
The idea to replay the wishful fumble recover and TD by Gruden today was about his only mistake today. It was stupid to even try, I have seen this exact call 2 other times this year called the exact same way.

morphius
01-06-2001, 04:27 PM
I didn't think any team could drop more passes then we did in that Indy game at the beggining of the season, but Miami did it today.

BigOlChiefsfan
01-06-2001, 04:50 PM
JQ, if we weren't making fun of Chucky and thugs and attendance and refs, you'd think we weren't paying attention. We're 'enjoying' the raidergame in our own fashion.

Here's to next year!

morphius
01-06-2001, 04:53 PM
After a couple series where Gannon was not able to move the ball they put in Hoying and walk down the field. I guess this shows how much they really need Gannon.

alanm
01-06-2001, 05:02 PM
Hey I hope that guy they just showed wasn't one of your typical Oakland fans. That dude was slobbering all over himself. I want some of what he was smoking :D

Mosbonian
01-06-2001, 05:27 PM
jq:

Good to see you back....

Much as I hate to say this, the Raiders look tough this year and could be headed to the Super Bowl. If the Ravens win tomorrow I think that they wouldn't have a chance to beat you guys at home. But, if you go on the road to Tennessee, it will be tight.

BTW, I was out in the Bay area in November and had dinner with a friend of mine. Her father is the Head of Security for the Raiders(and was when they were in Oaktown the earlier years) and you would be interested in what he has to say about some of the fans there.

mmaddog

hawaiianboy
01-06-2001, 07:20 PM
mark.....

I go to about 3 games every year and I really haven't seen anything bad happen.... Any time, anyplace alcohol is served there will be problems.... But I'm always up for horror stories so go ahead....