PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet "Change"--Good, Bad, or "Eh...what change?"

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Inspired by stevieray's thread (and Rain Man, heh)....

It seems like a lot of old-timers around here have been lamenting the "change" here at the Planet over the last year or so.

I do think the place has changed; and isn't quite as entertaining as it use to be....but I know how life is, and I've become "busier" so I'm not here as much--and it seems like I'm not the only one. Even when I do get to spend some time though, it's just different. Not bad, just different.

I think what is missing is....a lot of the humor from moderators and "regulars" who are no longer here, or don't post as often....for whatever reason. JMHO.

Change is the one inevitability in life though. The beat goes on....

What say you? :shrug:

Hoover
10-19-2006, 12:42 PM
This thread sucks with out pictures

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Pics?.....I'll have to dig through the Archives and the Search function later, for that one..... :hmmm:

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 12:50 PM
It's changed, for sure. I remember when I could post ere till 3am, and this was all the entertainment I'd need. Now, I don't think I would if I could.

I don't think it's better or worse. It's just different.

SPchief
10-19-2006, 12:51 PM
This place has gone to hell since that Phobia guy left.

SPchief
10-19-2006, 12:52 PM
It's changed, for sure. I remember when I could post ere till 3am, and this was all the entertainment I'd need. Now, I don't think I would if I could.

I don't think it's better or worse. It's just different.

Alot of that has to do with Endelt not posting drunk as much as he used to.

MichaelH
10-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't have near the posts as the "old timers" but have been around here for a while. While I miss football discussions from time to time, I can always count on this place to cheer me up when life sucks ass. I've been a member of other non football message boards but lost interest in them. I still come here whenever I can no matter if it's football season or not.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Alot of that has to do with Endelt not posting drunk as much as he used to.And a number of his accomplices.....

Hey, I know what we should do.... We should all identify a few people....who are at a place in their lives, where they can drink heavily and post every 5 or 6 nights a week for 4 or 5 hours each night.

:spock:

Maybe someone who's dropped out of college....or who's "in transition"...or who's "between jobs?" And they can be our designated entertainment, during that time......if each of us "give a month or two" for the sake of the Planet....we could work out a schedule, so there are no "lulls...." :hmmm:

(And, FWIW....nope, I can't help out. I've already served my time during the winter of 2004-2005....:banghead: )

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Pastor voted twice. Cheater!

SPchief
10-19-2006, 12:59 PM

So did Kotter, but that was expected.

PastorMikH
10-19-2006, 12:59 PM
I was really struggling last spring. Everyone kept saying it was just the "slow time" and things would pick up. Things still aren't rolling like they used to.

At one point, I was really bored with the Planet. I realized though that the reason was a lot of the people I used to enjoy posting with were gone. Upon further reflection, I came to the conclusion that I liked posting iwith those people because I had become comfortable posting with them. All the nOOBs just cluttered the BB. Since then, I have been a bit more attentitive to learning who the newer posters are. Now I've kinda gotten to know some that I was basically ignoring and they aren't all that bad. I have also found fresh targets for smack.:)

There will never be another LVNHACK, jOHn, MrBlond and so on. I wished more of the old regulars were back. But at the same time, we are getting some new posters that are quality posters as well.

PastorMikH
10-19-2006, 01:00 PM

Stupid nOOB! It was a multiple choice poll!

:shake: :shake: :shake:

:)

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 01:00 PM

I allowed that choice because I suspect it's not one answer for many..... :p

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Stupid nOOB! I resemble that remark.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
It is a lot slower on certain days-lots of useless threads that I open, are worded in a way that leaves no response.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Whoops forgot to vote.

Woodrow Call
10-19-2006, 01:04 PM
It's not as entertaining as it was when I first started posting/lurking. I think it's a combination of the bad posters and apathy towards the Chiefs.

It is still the best Chiefs board around; none of the others are even close.

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 01:05 PM
There will never be another LVNHACK, jOHn.

Good. They were jerks with the IQ of cheese. We don't need them.

Phobia
10-19-2006, 01:06 PM
It blows. It's too bad Phobia left for Warpaint (http://mb31.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1).

Cochise
10-19-2006, 01:06 PM

Like we need attention whores like you more than good people like LVN and others.

HemiEd
10-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Alot of that has to do with Endelt not posting drunk as much as he used to.

He was the straw that stirred the drink.

PastorMikH
10-19-2006, 01:08 PM

Heh, the way they kicked you around was hilarious.

Count Zarth
Personally, I see little difference. Then again, I'm not driving around the block 20 times on Friday nights anymore. :D

This place is still great. I enjoy logging on Monday mornings and slogging my way through three pages of football-related threads. :shake:

PastorMikH
I resemble that remark.

That's 'cause you aren't posting enough nowadays.

PastorMikH
10-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Personally, I see little difference. Then again, I'm not driving around the block 20 times on Friday nights anymore. :D

Finally gave up one women all together then I see.

PastorMikH
10-19-2006, 01:10 PM
It blows. It's too bad Phobia left for Warpaint (http://mb31.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1).

Comparing the two sites, I can see why you'd feel that way. Say Phil, if you are that bummed over there, you can always come back.

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 01:11 PM
He was the straw that stirred the drink.

I do miss ENDelt. It seems like htismaqe is posting less lately, too. I respect his football opinions moreso than most people.

Count Zarth
Comparing the two sites, I can see why you'd feel that way. Say Phil, if you are that bummed over there, you can always come back.

Be careful what you wish for.

Mr. Kotter

That's a bit harsh....there are a lot of posters I really miss though (some who are no longer here; others who've dropped off in their posting):

LVNhack, jOHN, ENDelt, Phobia, KCWolfman, Ringleader, Mr Blond, JazzLovr, Clint In Wichita and Red n Feisty, Talisman, Raderhader....and some others I'm fogetting, I'm sure.

Even some of the folks people like to rag on....they make the place interesting, at least. Heh.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I agree about those 2. Not so much LVNHACK, but the other one was a moron.

PastorMikH
10-19-2006, 01:13 PM
That's a bit harsh....there are a lot of posters I really miss though (some who are no longer here; others who've dropped off in their posting):

LVNhack, jOHN, ENDelt, Phobia, KCWolfman, Ringleader, Mr Blond, JazzLovr, Clint In Wichita and Red n Feisty, Talisman, Raderhader....and some others I'm fogetting, I'm sure.

Even some of the folks people like to rag on....they make the place interesting, at least. Heh.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that SDChiefsFan that used to post? He was a lot funnier than anyone on here nowadays.

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 01:13 PM
I do miss ENDelt. It seems like htismaqe is posting less lately, too. I respect his football opinions moreso than most people.Htis knows his shit, that's for sure. I've learned a lot about the game since I started posting here... and a decent amount of it came from him.

'Delt's just a funny, entertaining bastard. (that's a compliment)

Saulbadguy
10-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I've found that I really have a hard time relating to anyone on this board. I like quite a few people, hate a few people, and am indifferent to most everyone else.

I don't think a whole lot has changed since i've come aboard, but IMO, it's not a big deal.

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I tell you who I miss. Taco John. He barely posts here anymore. We don't have a real strong opposing fan dynamic here anymore. All we have are Garcia Bronco's weekly threads about the Chiefs winning and the Broncos losing. The rest of the rival posters are mostly trolls that bring nothing to the discussion.

UNBAN RAIDERSROCK!

Gonzo
10-19-2006, 01:19 PM
You know whkat we need around here to get things going again? One of the following:

1. A thread about pickle relish.

2. A thread from some whore saying she's dating a Chiefs D-Linemen.

3. A thread about a retarded guy getting anally raped by two punks with a pipe-snake. (That's always a real laugher!)

4. More threads about a guy who knows a guy who knows the grocery store clerk in Trent Green's neighborhood who heard from some chick that is allegedly dating Jared Allen, that Trent is retireing.

Then again.....maybe we should petition the mods to start posting more.

Either that or we will just keep hearing from dumb ass n00b's like....me!

Inspector
10-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Everyone who posts here is really cool.

Really, really cool.

HemiEd
I do miss ENDelt. It seems like htismaqe is posting less lately, too. I respect his football opinions moreso than most people.

Agreed on both accounts, Brian kept things lively. It is to bad for the Planet he has found a more satisfying way to spend his time. Hell, he took a picture of his dinner one night and that thread went on for days!

KcMizzou
Either that or we will just keep hearing from dumb ass n00b's like....me!We're dooooomed!

Sully
10-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah.
It's not nearly what it used to be.

dirk digler

Yep

I can't believe I agree with goat nuts. :D

Also TJ isn't on here anymore to rile everyone up.

Count Zarth
What we need...is a good judging thread. :D

J Diddy
10-19-2006, 01:22 PM
I'd have to say there's a whole lot more posts about this place changing.

dirk digler
10-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Looking on the front page now tells you all you need to know about what has happened to this place or the general apathy of the Chiefs.

We only have 2 football threads the rest are NFT.

HemiEd
10-19-2006, 01:30 PM
I tell you who I miss. Taco John. He barely posts here anymore. We don't have a real strong opposing fan dynamic here anymore. All we have are Garcia Bronco's weekly threads about the Chiefs winning and the Broncos losing. The rest of the rival posters are mostly trolls that bring nothing to the discussion.

UNBAN RAIDERSROCK!

People move on, MHM was the class of the Bronco fans IMO. No slight to Vailpass intended.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Speaking of which, whatever happened to that SDChiefsFan that used to post? He was a lot funnier than anyone on here nowadays.

:)Eh....he was just a big Drama Queen/Attention Whore. A real idiot.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM

UNBAN RAIDERSROCK!
Bite your MFing tongue, goatcheese! :shake:

When he was not trolling, he was okay. Actually a pretty reasonable guy. MHM, Garcia, and vailpass are more enjoyable as Bronco fans. But I sure don't miss his BS trolling. And if he wasn't trolling by dissing the Chiefs here, he was trolling over in D.C.

Ari Chi3fs
10-19-2006, 01:39 PM
i liked this place best, when Mods would change GoChiefs username to some derogatory each week. It kept it fresh and fun.

Also, since the Chiefs have been blowing ass, it makes it less fun to post... and more negativity...

overall, i think Im gonna post less now. You have convinced me.

dirk digler
10-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Bite your MFing tongue, goatcheese! :shake:

When he was not trolling, he was okay. Actually a pretty reasonable guy. But I sure don't miss his BS trolling. And if he wasn't trolling by dissing the Chiefs here, he was trolling over in D.C.

Everytime he posted he always generated a lot of responses which is a good thing IMO.

I don't think TJ is a troll at all and I do miss his shit stirring threads and posts.

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 01:41 PM
overall, i think Im gonna post less now. You have convinced me.Thank God. One less beaker.

:D

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Thank God. One less beaker.

That did it. :cuss:

I'm gonna going to go to the Jayhawks scout.com and recruit some KU fans for here.....:p

dirk digler
10-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Maybe we should consider moving everything back into the Lounge?

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Maybe we should consider moving everything back into the Lounge?

Nope.

That's not the solution, if you ask me.

vailpass
10-19-2006, 01:56 PM

This tells you all you need to know about the devolution of this board, when solid posters like Hack are now "jerks" and Goatcheese says "we" as though he is representative of CP.

JBucc
10-19-2006, 01:56 PM
This place sucks. I'm leaving for 5 minutes.

dirk digler
10-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Nope.

Just curious why not? I was a big fan of splitting everything up but maybe we combine everything back in it would spur great discussions which is really lacking in this place lately.

Of course I don't know if I would like to see 20 Jaz threads on the main page.

Nzoner
10-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Everything changes no big deal,you either deal with it or don't.Sure I miss Delt being on so much and hearing about his exploits with fat chicks and I'm sure as hell going to miss him at this year's bash but I've also personally met a couple of the new guys that are A-OK in their own right.

So I'll deal with the change and do my best to continue to make new friends while always remembering the good times with old friends.

Cochise
10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Nope.

That would be the cherry on top, if it were open season for political recruiting in the lounge again.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Just curious why not? I was a big fan of splitting everything up but maybe we combine everything back in it would spur great discussions which is really lacking in this place lately.

Of course I don't know if I would like to see 20 Jaz threads on the main page.

Personally, I just think it would be too divisive. Some people have NO interest in politics, but wouldn't have the self-control to "not click." It isn't worth the discord it might cause, IMHO.

HemiEd
10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Everything changes no big deal,you either deal with it or don't.Sure I miss Delt being on so much and hearing about his exploits with fat chicks and I'm sure as hell going to miss him at this year's bash but I've also personally met a couple of the new guys that are A-OK in their own right.

So I'll deal with the change and do my best to continue to make new friends while always remembering the good times with old friends.

Well said Joe!

Nzoner
10-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Personally, I just think it would be too divisive. Some people have NO interest in politics, but wouldn't have the self-control to "not click." It isn't worth the discord it might cause, IMHO.

I agree,the last thing I want to do is get in a political or religious discussion here.

As if a thread about some dude who found a lump under his sac is any more entertaining.

Donger
10-19-2006, 02:17 PM
This tells you all you need to know about the devolution of this board, when solid posters like Hack are now "jerks" and Goatcheese says "we" as though he is representative of CP.

That's not very nice.

dirk digler
10-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Ok I'm back now. I can't believe I'm saying this since I hate all the DC dwellers but I kind of agree. It was kinda fun when a few of the DC threads got moved out here that one time.

Yep I think things could get pretty lively in here again.

Just my .02 cents

dirk digler
10-19-2006, 02:26 PM

I agree that it would be very divisive which may rejuvante this place a little. IMVHO there are more interesting discussions going on in the DC right now then in the Lounge.

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 02:47 PM

Here's a good example of what's wrong with this place.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I agree that it would be very divisive which may rejuvante this place a little. IMVHO there are more interesting discussions going on in the DC right now then in the Lounge.

Eh, I don't know if we need that kind of "excitement." I agree to a point; but there are enough folks over here who've said they just don't want that stuff here....and I think it's still accessible to those who really want it. Allowing a couple of threads here, and when they've run their course....or become too obnoxious, then being sent to DC....I could see. But managing that would be a pain in the butt.

BigRedChief
10-19-2006, 02:58 PM
It's those damn 2003 N00bs!
Skip

vailpass
10-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Here's a good example of what's wrong with this place.

So it's come to this? An oft-banned pathetisad intraweb tard thinks he can call the shots while the grown ups are away? I see you sucked up enough stones to take me off iggy Draven. I'll try not to make you cry again but no promises.

Be careful CP. Potentially high-contributing n00bs might actually think Draven does represent this board and just keep walking. How many established members have already left?

That would be true decline, and CP would go from a football board to a poseur site on it's way to extinction.

keg in kc
10-19-2006, 03:25 PM
I think the place has been on a steady decline since shortly after the 2003/04 playoff loss to Indy.

Everything runs its course in time. I think there's a lot of us who've simply gotten burned out on the 'web, too. And life interrupts play time eventually for everybody.

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 03:31 PM
CP would go from a football board to a poseur site on it's way to extinction.

That's hilarious. The majority of my posts are football-related.

Meanwhile, the majority of your posts are dedicated to attacking people.

HemiEd
10-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I think the place has been on a steady decline since shortly after the 2003/04 playoff loss to Indy.

That is when I stumbled on to this place, the lounge was called the Mental Ward.

dirk digler
10-19-2006, 03:42 PM
So it's come to this? An oft-banned pathetisad intraweb tard thinks he can call the shots while the grown ups are away? I see you sucked up enough stones to take me off iggy Draven. I'll try not to make you cry again but no promises.

Be careful CP. Potentially high-contributing n00bs might actually think Draven does represent this board and just keep walking. How many established members have already left?

That would be true decline, and CP would go from a football board to a poseur site on it's way to extinction.

Gochiefs isn't the reason why the site is in decline.

My money is on the Chiefs suckage.

rad
10-19-2006, 03:45 PM
I love this place, but I don't post alot, so.........maybe I don't know it well enough to notice it.

Bob Dole
10-19-2006, 04:12 PM

You want divisive?

How about if Bob Dole just pledges to follow you around and repeatedly call you a dipshit?

chagrin
10-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Ok I'm back now. I can't believe I'm saying this since I hate all the DC dwellers but I kind of agree. It was kinda fun when a few of the DC threads got moved out here that one time.

That's ridiculous, go visit the DC forum if you want to reunite with the freaks you miss. Frankly, the less of jaz, buc and meme the better

Calcountry
10-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Htis knows his shit, that's for sure. I've learned a lot about the game since I started posting here... and a decent amount of it came from him.

'Delt's just a funny, entertaining bastard. (that's a compliment)I can say the same.

Calcountry
10-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Everytime he posted he always generated a lot of responses which is a good thing IMO.

I don't think TJ is a troll at all and I do miss his shit stirring threads and posts.OMG, I bet they will start a CP is imploding thread at the mane over this.

Calcountry
10-19-2006, 04:34 PM

So I'll deal with the change and do my best to continue to make new friends while always remembering the good times with old friends.You haven't met me yet. My Nephew moved back to Overland Park, so I am sure to have an excuse to be out there soon.

Calcountry
10-19-2006, 04:36 PM
That's not very nice.Yep, this place has gone to hell in a handbasket. I mean, it is hockey season and no C4me in here for you to call a stupid twat.

Ari Chi3fs
10-19-2006, 04:41 PM
twunt

J Diddy
10-19-2006, 04:44 PM
You want divisive?

How about if Bob Dole just pledges to follow you around and repeatedly call you a dipshit?

with or without the chihuahuas?

OldTownChief
10-19-2006, 04:46 PM

ROFL

There is some truth to that.

Calcountry
10-19-2006, 05:00 PM
How long before someone starts a "Keep f'ing Doubting Chiefsplanet" thread?

OldTownChief
10-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I miss the Donger and chiefs4me fights. Quality shit. LMAO

Donger
10-19-2006, 05:03 PM

It recently sent me its resignation.

Quite sad, really.

dirk digler
10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
You want divisive?

LMAO

No that would be hilarious

Fairplay
10-19-2006, 05:29 PM
There will never be another LVNHACK, jOHn, MrBlond and so on. I wished more of the old regulars were back. But at the same time, we are getting some new posters that are quality posters as well.

MrBlond was funny. Great one-liners. I think i got in 2 years of him or so before he dropped out of this place.

I always thought his avatar fit his personality on here.

Fairplay
10-19-2006, 05:30 PM

You could have a bad day and have some really good laughs from reading that. Classic.

Rain Man
10-19-2006, 05:35 PM

Whoa. When did he leave?

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Well i'm a long time lurker but a new poster. One of the biggest reasons it took me so long to get goin' was seeing how often n00bs get bashed about the head, neck and face. It is OFTEN deserved and often times it is not. I knew i had better have substantial logic behind my posts, or i would get the same. But i do think good contributors may have been run off from time to time because people wouldnt give'em 1/2 a chance just because they are new. I remember reading an old redrum post saying he basically hated talking to people that werent local or that he didnt know, which i felt was wrong. Its the internet, there will be people from all over hells 1/2 acre. Sometimes the name calling & acrimony REALLY sucks but at the same time the "tough crowd" attitude is what drew me in. If ya need a soothing bubblebath, try the dolts main board, but at the same time i think we all should take a step back and learn to just chuckle at some of the idiocy. Welcome to ChiefsPlanet, newbies welcome (but dont get cocky).

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm also of the opinion that the pop culture, sex, poop, stupid videos and other miscellaneous non-football threads is one of the things that make CP truly unique and entertaining. Sometimes the whole thing is taken WAY, WAY, WAY TO SERIOUSLY. :p

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 05:58 PM
It's not as entertaining as it was when I first started posting/lurking. I think it's a combination of the bad posters and apathy towards the Chiefs.

It is still the best Chiefs board around; none of the others are even close.
Roger that Archie :thumb:

htismaqe
10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Htis knows his shit, that's for sure. I've learned a lot about the game since I started posting here... and a decent amount of it came from him.

'Delt's just a funny, entertaining bastard. (that's a compliment)

I changed jobs and am beyond busy now. Plus, there just doesn't seem to be the level of football conversation that there was in the past...

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I think this place is alot like an aging football team, it needs some new voices to replace or bolster the creaking vets who have lost their burst. :)

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 07:13 PM
I think this place is alot like an aging football team, it needs some new voices to replace or bolster the creaking vets who have lost their burst. :)

Leon can't do everything.

Baconeater
10-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Shut up n00b! And change your avatar for god's freaking sake.

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Shut up n00b! And change your avatar for god's freaking sake.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morphius
10-19-2006, 07:22 PM
I blame that morphius guy, everything was fine until they put him in power.

Stupid poser that one it.

keg in kc
10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Plus, there just doesn't seem to be the level of football conversation that there was in the past...There isn't. And when there is some, it's generally between the same people who've been having the same arguments for the last decade at the star or on here...

Simply Red
10-19-2006, 07:27 PM
REDRUM_69 surfacing ruins his legacy.

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 07:30 PM
REDRUM_69 surfacing ruins his legacy.
Agreed. Phi.....ehhh..Red should only come out of the gimp hole to sodomize people, not make relevant analysis.

Simply Red
10-19-2006, 07:36 PM
I changed jobs and am beyond busy now. Plus, there just doesn't seem to be the level of football conversation that there was in the past...
What are you doing for work these days?

Baconeater
10-19-2006, 08:02 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do it NOW n00b, or I'll turn your rep from green to red faster than....wait...I mean from red to gr....aw screw it. Damn you Morphius!

burt
10-19-2006, 08:26 PM

I would agree, but after I read the same old spins 13 times...I don't feel much like adding another same old spin....

Deberg_1990
10-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Plus, there just doesn't seem to be the level of football conversation that there was in the past...

Plenty of politcal D.C. chatter though.

That forum could probably break off and form its own Washington DC web page.

milkman
10-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Back in the early days of this forum, the old posters weren't nearly the attention whores that some of the n00bs around here are now.

People didn't start threads just to be a thread starter.

Discussions on a given subject were generally contained within a couple of threads.

Now, we have guys that start threads whenever they get a wild hair up their ass, in spite of the fact that numerous threads on the very same topic litter the first couple of pages.

That is the primary reason reposts irritate the hell out of me.

Nobody wants to take the time to read through some posts before they just jump in and start a thread.

That wasn't nearly so prevalent in the early days.

Logical
10-19-2006, 09:19 PM
That's ridiculous, go visit the DC forum if you want to reunite with the freaks you miss. Frankly, the less of jaz, buc and meme the betterAlthough I understand your viewpoint this place is suffering due to the dearth of activity. You get on here and post and sometimes the thread won't move for an hour, that is just sad.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Back in the early days of this forum, the old posters weren't nearly the attention whores that some of the n00bs around here are now.

Discussions on a given subject were generally contained within a couple of threads.

Now, we have guys that start threads whenever they get a wild hair up their ass, in spite of the fact that numerous threads on the very same topic litter the first couple of pages.

Nobody wants to take the time to read through some posts before they just jump in and start a thread.

That wasn't nearly so prevalent in the early days.

Yea, its particuarly bad on gamedays where this place is littered with stuff like:

Is Herm the worst HC in the league?

Huard Sucks!

Sammie Parker still cant catch

Greg Wesley, i told ya so!

and so an and so on........

Of course, i may have been guilty of a few of those myself.....LOL

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Although I understand your viewpoint this place is suffering due to the dearth of activity. You get on here and post and sometimes the thread won't move for an hour, that is just sad.
Your so right Logical, it reminds me of looking at the dolt "bored" last night, very, VERY little continuous discussion. Bed time for Bonzo stuff.

Mark M
10-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Just admit it ... you guys miss me.

MM
~~;)

JBucc
10-19-2006, 09:27 PM

That wasn't nearly so prevalent in the early days.I agree. I won't mention any names *cough*blueballs*cough*. Me? I never start a thread unless it is of the utmost importance.

milkman
10-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Just admit it ... you guys miss me.

MM
~~;)

And the All Idiot team.

Mark M
10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
And the All Idiot team.
I've thought about doing one but:

A. Most of the people on the original team are gone.
2. I don't know the n00bs well enough.
iii. I haven't been on here enough (banned at work, busy at home).
IV. I'd have to give three paragraphs of background for the n00bs.

Maybe some day ...

MM
~~:shrug:

keg in kc
10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
You were gone?

Mark M
10-19-2006, 09:46 PM
You were gone?

You're still here?

I figured you'd have OD'd on antidepressants by now ...

MM
~~:hmmm:

keg in kc
10-19-2006, 09:48 PM
You're still here?Actually, not so much. Probably why I didn't notice you were gone, twiggy.I figured you'd have OD'd on antidepressants by now ..Can't OD on what you ain't got.

Although I'm close to OD on big macs and pizza. I've swelled-up like a puffer fish. Or a Frazee.

Iowanian
10-19-2006, 09:51 PM
While Some of you may have lost your Burst, Iowanian still rules. I'd still read if he were the only poster left.

Ratings would go through the roof, and success through to his head.

Mark M
10-19-2006, 09:57 PM
While Some of you may have lost your Burst,
You're assuming some of them ever had a burst.

Actually, not so much. Probably why I didn't notice you were gone, twiggy.
You're just jealous ...

Although I'm close to OD on big macs and pizza. I've swelled-up like a puffer fish. Or a Frazee.
ROFL

MM
~~:)

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2006, 10:38 PM
While Some of you may have lost your Burst, Iowanian still rules. I'd still read if he were the only poster left.

Ratings would go through the roof, and success through to his head.

Is he that red headed short guy standing by the keg of beer? :hmmm:

boogblaster
10-19-2006, 10:40 PM
new to the planet..like to comment on some things ..usually just off the wall.. keeps you'll from wedging your bloomers.....

Rausch
10-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Change is a constant, you are not.

listopencil
10-19-2006, 11:04 PM

UNBAN RAIDERSROCK!

**** you, douchebag. The best part of you ran down your mom's buttcrack. Your Dad should have spent the five bucks on rubbers instead of that cheap whore what birthed you. Your doomed, retart!

Phobia
10-20-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm actually concerned for the Planet. For the past couple of days I've noticed the "Welcome to our newest member" section stuck on Homosexual Chief.....

It's a rather noticeable name. But he signed up 5 days ago. No new users on the Planet in 5 frickin days? Over the same time period, we've had 300 new users at Warpaint. No joke.

So, I voted "no big deal" but I'd like to change that to a more concerned option.

Phobia
10-20-2006, 12:28 AM
FWIW, the previous post wasn't meant to rub noses in our 300 new users at Warpaint. ChiefsPlanet has had 300 register in a single day before, so they by far whoop us. I posted that figure as a point of reference.

Halfcan
10-20-2006, 12:32 AM
There is a homo chiefs fan on here? Don't drop the soap.

luv
10-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Have I been around long enough to know the old regulars?

Baconeater
10-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Have I been around long enough to know the old regulars?
Hell, you're one of them to me.

luv
10-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Hell, you're one of them to me.
I'm just imagining what all went on in the first 4 years before I got here. A lot has changed in the last year and a half. I guess I'm trying to compare my time here with what was here before I got here. Finding that rather difficult. There are a lot of inside type jokes that I'm aware of, but I wasn't here when they first came into existance.

I guess I'll just vote from what I've seen.

Baconeater
10-20-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm just imagining what all went on in the first 4 years before I got here. A lot has changed in the last year and a half. I guess I'm trying to compare my time here with what was here before I got here. Finding that rather difficult. There are a lot of inside type jokes that I'm aware of, but I wasn't here when they first came into existance.

There's always the Gaz option. :)

luv
10-20-2006, 01:00 AM
There's always the Gaz option. :)
I'm leary of placing my name next to an option having anything to do with a cow. I'm sure you understand...lol.

keg in kc
10-20-2006, 01:04 AM
The regulars change regularly.

I'm not sure how to say this, but I'll try my best. I think there was a collective essence back in '01 and '02 and '03, the way people got along that made this place, the board as a whole, special. The posters weren't any better or smarter than they are now, but the board came together in a way that it just hasn't for a couple of years. People were friends, whether we agreed or not (with a couple notable exceptions as the years passed). I don't mean that in a happy, hand-holding, 'can't we all just get along' way, but I guess that is how it was. People did get along.

I'm not sure if the board's a reflection of society in general, maybe we mirror the way the country seems to have changed and polarized since 9-11, maybe that's just my perception. It just seems less friendly, more angry, more prone to personal attacks, less of a community in general. That's what I think we've lost. Community.

I'm not here so much, though. Maybe it's still like that and I'm just not around enough to notice. But to me, it just doesn't seem the same. And it hasn't for a while.

Things change. They always have and they always will. And maybe I'm suffering from the kind of nostalgia that everybody seems to acquire when they get older. The "good ol' days" have always been filled with sunshine and overflowing kegs, nomatter who's looking back at what period in time...

OldTownChief
10-20-2006, 04:58 AM
I'm leary of placing my name next to an option having anything to do with a cow. I'm sure you understand...lol.

ROFL

Guru
10-20-2006, 05:04 AM
Stupid nOOB! It was a multiple choice poll!

:shake: :shake: :shake:

ROFL

cadmonkey
10-20-2006, 05:07 AM
I've noticed that its not quite the same around here. I thought it was just me because I haven't been around here as much as I used to and was missing out on the inside stuff, but apparently I am not the only one feeling that way.

cadmonkey
10-20-2006, 05:09 AM
FWIW, the previous post wasn't meant to rub noses in our 300 new users at Warpaint. ChiefsPlanet has had 300 register in a single day before, so they by far whoop us. I posted that figure as a point of reference.

There is no reason to explain. We all know you are condasending jerk :p

Bob Dole
10-20-2006, 05:19 AM
I'm actually concerned for the Planet. For the past couple of days I've noticed the "Welcome to our newest member" section stuck on Homosexual Chief.....

It's a rather noticeable name. But he signed up 5 days ago. No new users on the Planet in 5 frickin days? Over the same time period, we've had 300 new users at Warpaint. No joke.

So, I voted "no big deal" but I'd like to change that to a more concerned option.

There have been no new registrations because it was shut down last Sunday during the Squealer Trollathon.

KCTitus
10-20-2006, 07:28 AM
Sorry Im not able to post as much anymore...without going into detail, I having trouble even dialing into the net from work now given the current monitoring hardware just installed.

It's not apathy, we had great traffic during the 6-10 season of 2001...I do think think the DC split had something to do with it and Im convinced that the acrimony of that 'sub' lounge and several posters did cause things to begin to change.

Even before I had to cut down posting, I noticed things changing before even God's gift to Football Forums on teh Intarweb, Phobia, left Chiefsplanet. I think that rivalry has also caused the place to suffer.

So what is the answer? I dont know, I do know that those of us that sailed over from the Star BB on the 'Mayflower' to found a new place for unfettered discussion on any topic will eventually die off--no pun intended--and a new generation take over, I just didnt realize it would happen so quickly.

When wireless broadband gets cheaper, I'll probably find my way back, if CP still exists.

siberian khatru
10-20-2006, 07:38 AM

I'm not sure how to say this, but I'll try my best. I think there was a collective essence back in '01 and '02 and '03, the way people got along that made this place, the board as a whole, special. The posters weren't any better or smarter than they are now, but the board came together in a way that it just hasn't for a couple of years. People were friends, whether we agreed or not (with a couple notable exceptions as the years passed). I don't mean that in a happy, hand-holding, 'can't we all just get along' way, but I guess that is how it was. People did get along.

I'm not sure if the board's a reflection of society in general, maybe we mirror the way the country seems to have changed and polarized since 9-11, maybe that's just my perception. It just seems less friendly, more angry, more prone to personal attacks, less of a community in general. That's what I think we've lost. Community.

I'm not here so much, though. Maybe it's still like that and I'm just not around enough to notice. But to me, it just doesn't seem the same. And it hasn't for a while.

Things change. They always have and they always will. And maybe I'm suffering from the kind of nostalgia that everybody seems to acquire when they get older. The "good ol' days" have always been filled with sunshine and overflowing kegs, nomatter who's looking back at what period in time...

I think that's pretty close. What drove me off for several months earlier this year was in large part the personal attacks and nit-picky arguments in a range of posts. It wasn't confined to just one topic. I like to come here and have fun -- talk football and make jokes. Some seem to like to come just to stir the pot, start arguments, sling insults, win smack wars. Some come peddling agendas and write stuff I'm pretty sure they don't believe, just to get a reaction from folks.

Now, that's not confined to the Planet by any means. I guess it's inevitable that personas and styles from other boards would infect this place, too. In other words, the Planet isn't immune to the Internet.

Archie F. Swin
10-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Are skinbra, Pacfan and WisChief over at warpaint now?

Hank's toupe?

htismaqe
10-20-2006, 07:53 AM

You should see my inbox, filled with emails from people who are wanting to register but can't because we're not accepting new registrations right now...

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Are skinbra, Pacfan and WisChief over at warpaint now?

Hank's toupe?
Man...that skinbra guy is something else isnt he??? I was truly impressed reading that thread in the Hall. An evil genious to be sure. yuo agry???

siberian khatru
10-20-2006, 07:57 AM
You should see my inbox, filled with emails from people who are wanting to register but can't because we're not accepting new registrations right now...

http://unquietmind.com/images/mccarthy.jpg

"I have here in my hand a list of 205 people ..."

:p

ChiTown
10-20-2006, 08:01 AM

:clap: Bravo!

When we ganged up on people, it was primarily the opposing teams fans. Now, it's an all-out assault on new members and anyone with an opposing viewpoint. It's weird, and we've talked about this in the past, but this place felt like your favorite tavern. A place where you could belly up and take part in any conversation. People would respond to everybody, not just their little bunghole buddies. Gaz actually had great football takes, and wasn't just a punchline to the end of a poll.

Kyle had it right, this place was very unique when it first started. It's doubtful that we'll capture that "essence" again, imo, but this can still be a great bb to talk football (I hope).

Archie F. Swin
10-20-2006, 08:04 AM
I actually contemplated inviting Jamie to DC for a good ol' fashioned, election 2000 style, political throwdown, but a lot about CP has changed since those days, including my username. Plus I dont have the political piss and vinegar I used to have.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 08:04 AM
:clap: Bravo!

When we ganged up on people, it was primarily the opposing teams fans. Now, it's an all-out assault on new members and anyone with an opposing viewpoint. It's weird, and we've talked about this in the past, but this place felt like your favorite tavern. A place where you could belly up and take part in any conversation. People would respond to everybody, not just their little bunghole buddies. Gaz actually had great football takes, and wasn't just a punchline to the end of a poll.

Kyle had it right, this place was very unique when it first started. It's doubtful that we'll capture that "essence" again, imo, but this can still be a great bb to talk football (I hope).
Outstanding post...to many people are far to selective in who they respond to.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 08:07 AM
I actually contemplated inviting Jamie to DC for a good ol' fashioned, election 2000 style, political throwdown, but a lot about CP has changed since those days, including my username. Plus I dont have the political piss and vinegar I used to have.
Hangin' in DC sucks, you can count on ALWAYS being wrong...no matter what your take it seems. Everybody is Speaker of the House.

Archie F. Swin
10-20-2006, 08:08 AM
:cuss: Dammit Carl!

Archie F. Swin
10-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Hangin' in DC sucks, you can count on ALWAYS being wrong...no matter what your take it seems. Everybody is Speaker of the House.

It was much more fun when CP was just one forum, no sub-forums. Now its like a partitioned styrofoam plate.

http://img.nextag.com/image/ACME_White_Styrofoam_Plate/1/000/005/103/093/510309383.jpg

ChiTown
10-20-2006, 08:31 AM

Yeah, that never made any sense to me. I have NEVER met one poster from the Planet in person. Now, I've been posting here since the inception of this place, and (as Titus put it) sailed over on the Mayflower from the Star BB. I'm probably one of the few guys that's been here this long that has never met another Planeteer in person. I've personally kept it that way on purpose. It's helped me stay away from being part of a Internet clique, which makes this place a lot more fun for me. I'm probably in the vast minority with that opinion.

Phobia
10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
There have been no new registrations because it was shut down last Sunday during the Squealer Trollathon.

Oh good. I'm glad there's an explanation.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Yeah, that never made any sense to me. I have NEVER met one poster from the Planet in person. Now, I've been posting here since the inception of this place, and (as Titus put it) sailed over on the Mayflower from the Star BB. I'm probably one of the few guys that's been here this long that has never met another Planeteer in person. I've personally kept it that way on purpose. It's helped me stay away from being part of a Internet clique, which makes this place a lot more fun for me. I'm probably in the vast minority with that opinion.
I would love to get over for a Planet Bash and meet some of the guys. Most here seem like they would be fun & funny guys to hang with. But i wouldnt want to become jaded and think that me and my 20 friends opinions are the only ones that matter. This is not some private country club, its for CHIEFS fans. I dont have a prob gang tackling some n00bs who blow in on a gust of hot air, but most dont IMO. As far as i know. nobody here has a Masters in football, thats how i feel anyway.

Archie F. Swin
10-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Another reason we dont sparkle like we used to is because we dont feel threatened by Pigskin Park

just sayin

Phobia
10-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Even before I had to cut down posting, I noticed things changing before even God's gift to Football Forums on teh Intarweb, Phobia, left Chiefsplanet.

I think Gift should probably have been capitalized as well, Titus. It's a nice title, though.

Nzoner
10-20-2006, 09:22 AM
I would love to get over for a Planet Bash and meet some of the guys. Most here seem like they would be fun & funny guys to hang with. But i wouldnt want to become jaded and think that me and my 20 friends opinions are the only ones that matter. This is not some private country club, its for CHIEFS fans. I dont have a prob gang tackling some n00bs who blow in on a gust of hot air, but most dont IMO. As far as i know. nobody here has a Masters in football, thats how i feel anyway.

Maybe it's just me but I don't know how someone could be concerned that meeting guys from the Planet might make them jaded towards others.It's not like someone is trying to rush you for a frat or pull you into a secret society where you can only agree with certain things and certain people.

Furthermore if you're your own man you won't let what others think or say influence your thoughts towards another individual anyway.

Sorry not trying to be preachy here but personally having met well over 100 planeteers I can tell you they're just like anyone else and just like life things change and people change,you either deal with it or you don't.

As for the board,I've never called anyone a n00b that I can recall,post counts nor rep has nothing to do with the quality of the person typing or what they might have to contribute to the board.

Inspector
10-20-2006, 09:23 AM
I knew i had better have substantial logic behind my posts, or i would get the same.

Wha???

Substantial logic???

Man, nobody told me about that.

Crap!

Baby Lee
10-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey, that's me!!!

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Maybe it's just me but I don't know how someone could be concerned that meeting guys from the Planet might make them jaded towards others.It's not like someone is trying to rush you for a frat or pull you into a secret society where you can only agree with certain things and certain people.

Furthermore if you're your own man you won't let what others think or say influence your thoughts towards another individual anyway.

Sorry not trying to be preachy here but personally having met well over 100 planeteers I can tell you they're just like anyone else and just like life things change and people change,you either deal with it or you don't.

As for the board,I've never called anyone a n00b that I can recall,post counts nor rep has nothing to do with the quality of the person typing or what they might have to contribute to the board.
I was basically responding to a post from ChiTown about how it seems some posters are pretty well ignored. I always keep my own counsel as to my opinions as well, i dont need someone to tell me how to think and sometimes that seems to be a prob here IMO. I joined here because i enjoy the football talk and the funny chit that goes on. I'm not real sure why you are taking issue with me here???

NewChief
10-20-2006, 09:48 AM

Who were you before?

Nzoner
10-20-2006, 09:58 AM
I was basically responding to a post from ChiTown about how it seems some posters are pretty well ignored. I always keep my own counsel as to my opinions as well, i dont need someone to tell me how to think and sometimes that seems to be a prob here IMO. I joined here because i enjoy the football talk and the funny chit that goes on. I'm not real sure why you are taking issue with me here???

I wasn't taking issue with anyone in paticular just giving my thoughts and your line about not wanting to become jaded towards others helped formulate those thoughts.

It wasn't meant as an attack on you,sorry if you took it that way.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 10:02 AM
I wasn't taking issue with anyone in paticular just giving my thoughts and your line about not wanting to become jaded towards others helped formulate those thoughts.

It wasn't meant as an attack on you,sorry if you took it that way.
Thanks dude....and i really do wanna come to your Bash one o' these days. Sounds like an outstanding party.

Mr. Kotter
10-20-2006, 10:03 AM

Sometime, when you're bored.....spend some time in the archives, or in the larger threads. Just start with a "search" for the larger threads.

Larger Threads in the Lounge: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=1&page=1&pp=25&sort=replycount&order=desc&daysprune=1000

In the HOC: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32&daysprune=1000&order=desc&sort=replycount

In the Archives: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=11&page=1&pp=25&sort=replycount&order=desc&daysprune=1000

Bon Appetite! Lots of information in those babies...:)

...good and bad. :banghead:

Archie F. Swin
10-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Who were you before?

Chief Red Pants

JBucc
10-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Sometime, when you're bored.....spend some time in the archives, or in the larger threads. Just start with a "search" for the larger threads.

Larger Threads in the Lounge: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=1&page=1&pp=25&sort=replycount&order=desc&daysprune=1000

In the HOC: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32&daysprune=1000&order=desc&sort=replycount

In the Archives: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=11&page=1&pp=25&sort=replycount&order=desc&daysprune=1000

Bon Appetite! Lots of information in those babies...:)

...good and bad. :banghead:Heh, looks like this place has been in decline for a while LMAOhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118797

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Heh, looks like this place has been in decline for a while LMAOhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118797
ROFL ...that thread is worth a look if only for Brando's clip of Emperor Cruise. Thats the kinda stuff that helps keep this place goin' IMO.

Mr. Kotter
10-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Heh, looks like this place has been in decline for a while LMAOhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118797

See, QUALITY thread....heh.

Some of us are interested in quantity; other quality. I enjoy, BOTH....thank you. :D

;)

rad
10-20-2006, 02:26 PM
It's up to some of us n00bs to step up and rekindle the magic that original members brought that makes this place great......(and it's up to original members to accept them)

I'll do my best to bring it...(quick, someone pick a fight with me or somethin'......) :)

chiefs4me
10-20-2006, 04:28 PM
It recently sent me its resignation.

Quite sad, really.

lying again huh....:rolleyes:

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Woman or no she seems to be asking for it Donger rochambeau

Logical
10-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Sorry Im not able to post as much anymore...without going into detail, I having trouble even dialing into the net from work now given the current monitoring hardware just installed.

It's not apathy, we had great traffic during the 6-10 season of 2001...I do think think the DC split had something to do with it and Im convinced that the acrimony of that 'sub' lounge and several posters did cause things to begin to change.

Even before I had to cut down posting, I noticed things changing before even God's gift to Football Forums on teh Intarweb, Phobia, left Chiefsplanet. I think that rivalry has also caused the place to suffer.

So what is the answer? I dont know, I do know that those of us that sailed over from the Star BB on the 'Mayflower' to found a new place for unfettered discussion on any topic will eventually die off--no pun intended--and a new generation take over, I just didnt realize it would happen so quickly.

When wireless broadband gets cheaper, I'll probably find my way back, if CP still exists.

Even though you probably give me more shit than anyone except maybe Parker, you are missed. Hurry back.

Donger
10-20-2006, 04:46 PM
lying again huh....:rolleyes:

Well, now. Hi there. How are you?

chiefs4me
10-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Woman or no she seems to be asking for it Donger rochambeau

who are you???

chiefs4me
10-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, now. Hi there. How are you?

:rolleyes: didn't even feel right typing it, did it???

Donger
10-20-2006, 05:22 PM
:rolleyes: didn't even feel right typing it, did it???

Felt perfectly natural and normal, thanks.

How's the family?

htismaqe
10-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Even though you probably give me more shit than anyone except maybe Parker, you are missed. Hurry back.

Your "transformation" is part of the reason this place sucks. What the hell happened to you?

Count Zarth
10-20-2006, 06:22 PM
It's true. Logical is a pussycat. I long for the days when he abused me. Both mentally and avatarly.

Calcountry
10-20-2006, 06:24 PM
I changed jobs and am beyond busy now. Plus, there just doesn't seem to be the level of football conversation that there was in the past...Many times, I have written football commentary, only to hit the backspace key. Why? Because I KNOW that it won't hold up to HT's scrutiny. lol . :p

Calcountry
10-20-2006, 06:25 PM
I think this place is alot like an aging football team, it needs some new voices to replace or bolster the creaking vets who have lost their burst. :)True, but Carl can't draft quality football players, what makes you think he can draft good posters?

htismaqe
10-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Many times, I have written football commentary, only to hit the backspace key. Why? Because I KNOW that it won't hold up to HT's scrutiny. lol . :p

Pshaw...I'm a harmless windbag...

Calcountry
10-20-2006, 06:37 PM

So, I voted "no big deal" but I'd like to change that to a more concerned option.Mods, can you change Phobia's name to Homo-Phobia?

Bill Parcells
10-20-2006, 06:39 PM
How the f*ck would I know..I am just a 2 bit nOOb thats only been here 2 months :Peace:

Cntrygal
10-20-2006, 06:40 PM
It seems different - but it could be the time zone.

Calcountry
10-20-2006, 06:43 PM
I actually contemplated inviting Jamie to DC for a good ol' fashioned, election 2000 style, political throwdown, but a lot about CP has changed since those days, including my username. Plus I dont have the political piss and vinegar I used to have.I left all that on the table in 04.

Calcountry
10-20-2006, 06:49 PM
How the f*ck would I know..I am just a 2 bit nOOb thats only been here 2 months :Peace:You see, there is hope. YOu still have that energetic n00b mentality. Like a new Christmas present this place is to you. So, think up some cool thread ideas and start posting. Even better, invite some of your friends for the fun. Have a party at your house, and have everyone bring ther laptops, and hook up to your wifi, and make this place hum. ?

Calcountry
10-20-2006, 06:50 PM
It seems different - but it could be the time zone.You still here? Wow. You joined at the same time I did back during the 9-0 start. Where the heck have you been?

It is all n00bs like you's fault. Bandwaggon jumper. :p

Cntrygal
10-20-2006, 07:22 PM
You still here? Wow. You joined at the same time I did back during the 9-0 start. Where the heck have you been?

It is all n00bs like you's fault. Bandwaggon jumper. :p

LOL!!!

I came back to the States and haven't had as much posting/drinking time. So I usually just get online lurk a bit - maybe make a post here or there... and offline I go.

But since I have a cold/flu and it's very windy and blowing snow - I figured I should stay home and maybe visit a bit. :D

And I never jumped on your wagon. :harumph:

JBucc
10-20-2006, 07:37 PM
I wish I coulda been here when we were 9-0. I bet this place was lively.

Cntrygal
10-20-2006, 07:41 PM
That was the season that we (Bills) beat the Pats 31-0 on opening day. I thought our season was going to end up different. :(

Luckily, I had found your board and could share soju posts with everyone.

milkman
10-20-2006, 07:47 PM

I've only met one poster, and he's rarely here.

I haven't really noticed any cliques.

Maybe that's just because I'm self absorbed.

Bill Parcells
10-20-2006, 07:54 PM
You see, there is hope. YOu still have that energetic n00b mentality. Like a new Christmas present this place is to you. So, think up some cool thread ideas and start posting
:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Thank you Santa Claus..I thought you were long gone.. :p

Logical
10-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I wish I coulda been here when we were 9-0. I bet this place was lively.

Not so much more than anytime back then. Compared to now though it certainly was.

Archie F. Swin
10-20-2006, 08:20 PM
I really think the turning point was when Psicosis spilled the beanie weenies

Logical
10-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Pshaw...I'm a harmless windbag...Windbag sure, harmless, hardly.:p

htismaqe
10-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Windbag sure, harmless, hardly.:p

Maybe harmless wasn't the right word, certainly not in your case.

More like ineffectual. :D

HemiEd
10-20-2006, 09:06 PM
caught up to here.

Cntrygal
10-20-2006, 09:10 PM
caught up to here.

So this is your "bookmark"?

keg in kc
10-20-2006, 09:38 PM
I've only met one poster, and he's rarely here.I think that speaks for itself.

Mark M
10-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Wow ... this thread brought some of us out of the woodwork, didn't it?

Actually, I'm getting ready to crash, but now that I got me one of them fancy-assed high speed connections to the Intraweb tubes, I hope to be here a bit more often in the evenings.

MM
~~:Peace:

keg in kc
10-20-2006, 09:43 PM
now that I got me one of them fancy-assed high speed connections to the Intraweb tubes, I hope to be here a bit more often in the evenings.Okay, which one of you f*ckers had to go and say "I don't think it can get any worse"?

Mark M
10-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Okay, which one of you f*ckers had to go and say "I don't think it can get any worse"?

Ahhh ... reminds me of the good 'ol days.

MM
~~ROFL

HemiEd
10-20-2006, 09:50 PM
So this is your "bookmark"?

Yep, this is an educational read for me.

JBucc
10-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Good Night All. Tommorow I shall awaken to the realization that Ole Miss is about to git their ass kicked. And it will be fun and pure and the foot of western man hasn't trodden here to often and peaceful and the game outcome remains the same. Arkansaw wins.

Iowanian
10-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Some seem to like to come just to stir the pot, start arguments, sling insults, win smack wars. .

Why don't you just come out and say it? Don't be a p@$$y...."Iowanian Ruined Chiefsplanet".

Bill Parcells
10-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Why don't you just come out and say it? Don't be a p@$$y...."Iowanian Ruined Chiefsplanet".
I will come right out and say it..I dont give a shit..Iowanian ''legendary owner of the keyboard of doom'' is without a doubt one of the most entertaining posters I think I have ever seen on any message board.besides his legendary septic filled rants..he is a very smart guy..and knows his shit about alot of topics..

that is all :p

Iowanian
10-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Please remove your mouth from my taters.

Bill Parcells
10-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Please remove your mouth from my taters.
Your raisan filled sack did not get in the way

Rausch
10-21-2006, 01:53 PM

I think a lot of this also has to do with the old regulars meeting each other in person, and I have yet to meet someone I didn't have a great time hanging with, but a lot of those posters haven't been around lately.

Another thing is just being on here for so long. When a n00b arrives they often voice the same tired negative arguments every time we lose a game/screw up/look bad. It's not their fault - they're new, they have no way of knowing many here have heard the same stuff for years now.

And, it probably wouldn't hurt for the team to actually accomplish something... :rolleyes:

Easy 6
10-21-2006, 02:02 PM
I think a lot of this also has to do with the old regulars meeting each other in person, and I have yet to meet someone I didn't have a great time hanging with, but a lot of those posters haven't been around lately.

Another thing is just being on here for so long. When a n00b arrives they often voice the same tired negative arguments every time we lose a game/screw up/look bad. It's not their fault - they're new, they have no way of knowing many here have heard the same stuff for years now.

And, it probably wouldn't hurt for the team to actually accomplish something... :rolleyes:
Thanks for a well thought out & honest reply Rausch. I have no doubt that 90% of the folks on here would be a riot to hang out with, i look forward to doing it one day to. As far as the negative stuff, thats just never been my style. I'm always looking for that glimmer of hope, the silver lining based in some kind of common sense. But my way sure would be alot easier if we would get on a serious playoff roll one o' these days.

Kclee
10-21-2006, 04:13 PM
I've only met one poster, and he's rarely here.

Maybe that's just because I'm self absorbed.

Let me guess, it's Sidewinder isn't it?

milkman
10-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Let me guess, it's Sidewinder isn't it?

nlm

OK, that's pretty funny, but no.

Calcountry
10-21-2006, 06:17 PM

And, it probably wouldn't hurt for the team to actually accomplish something... :rolleyes:Reading this post made me think, "Has anyone from the planet died?"

I know we have had quite a few people in the hospital with all the stickies and such.

Perhaps, some of these folks have truely faded away.

One of the saddest things of being in small retail is the Oldsters all of a sudden not coming in for a long time. You start thinking, did they get rid of their animals, or , have they gotten sick, or, died?!! Who am I to them, just a clerk. No letter from the family, miss the obit and they just fade away from my memory after a few years, then something makes me wonder, what happened to them?

Raiderhader
10-21-2006, 06:22 PM
That Iowanian feller ruined ChiefsPlanet, IMNSHO.

Raiderhader
10-21-2006, 07:05 PM

Ha! That would be something, wouldn't? Every so often I lurk up and the same thing always sticks out, that forum needs more me. But it ain't happening, not until the wench is gone. I made that vow and am sticking to it. So sadly, I'd have declined your invite anyway. But I'm touched you had the thought. :)

PastorMikH
10-21-2006, 07:16 PM
That Iowanian feller ruined ChiefsPlanet, IMNSHO.`
`
I remember when that guy used to bring quality material to the Planet. Haven't seen any quality original stuff since the ambushing gas theives thread. Since then, he's tried to make a living around here with canned smack. Sad actually. He used to rule around here but he seems to have really dropped off.

Say, maybe it has something to do with the wedding cake and the skirt he put on immediately after the toast.

:fire:

PastorMikH
10-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Ha! That would be something, wouldn't? Every so often I lurk up and the same thing always sticks out, that forum needs more me. But it ain't happening, not until the wench is gone. I made that vow and am sticking to it. So sadly, I'd have declined your invite anyway. But I'm touched you had the thought. :)

It's better you stay over here. You go over there and start slapping her around, she'll be over here on the main BB posting just to get away from you. Yep, just leave her over there and the Planet will be a happier place.

Raiderhader
10-21-2006, 07:26 PM
`
`
I remember when that guy used to bring quality material to the Planet. Haven't seen any quality original stuff since the ambushing gas theives thread. Since then, he's tried to make a living around here with canned smack. Sad actually. He used to rule around here but he seems to have really dropped off.

Say, maybe it has something to do with the wedding cake and the skirt he put on immediately after the toast.

:fire:

Dude has certainly lost his burst.

PastorMikH
10-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Dude has certainly lost his burst.

I wouldn't be surprised if he googles for his insults nowadays.

:):)

Raiderhader
10-21-2006, 07:30 PM
It's better you stay over here. You go over there and start slapping her around, she'll be over here on the main BB posting just to get away from you. Yep, just leave her over there and the Planet will be a happier place.

I was always against splitting the board, and under the right circumstances would love to bring it back together. But those circumstances would entail the banning/leaving of her. I am not a big fan of just sweeping the problem under the rug, but since that is what the majority has decided to do, I'm left little option. The DC forum needs to stay in place, and me out of that hell hole.

Raiderhader
10-21-2006, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he googles for his insults nowadays.

:):)

LMAO

It's pretty bad when Burrito Jane has better smack....

siberian khatru
10-21-2006, 07:42 PM

ROFL

You wish you had that kind of power.

:p

Iowanian
10-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Siberian...I need to ask a serious, and nostalgic question,that I'm sure you're capable of answering.

Does Your Wife still snort during sex?

remember?

siberian khatru
10-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Siberian...I need to ask a serious, and nostalgic question,that I'm sure you're capable of answering.

Does Your Wife still snort during sex?

remember?

ROFL

One of my finest moments.