PDA

View Full Version : Scott Fujita

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 05:09 PM
This guy has 41 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble and 5 passes defensed.

But at least we traded him and signed Kendrell Bell. Phew.

JBucc
10-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Great trade Carl. What did we get for that?

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Boomer Grigsby.

CoMoChief
10-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Obviously there was some reason we let him go. That whole team is playing well though. Their Dline can actually get pressure on the QB. We can't. You'd be amazed on what that can do for a defense. Unfortunately DV never saw that.

HemiEd
10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Obviously there was some reason we let him go. That whole team is playing well though. Their Dline can actually get pressure on the QB. We can't. You'd be amazed on what that can do for a defense. Unfortunately Gunther never saw that.

fyp

StcChief
10-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Don't be doubting Boomer

InChiefsHell
10-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Boomer is the next Mazlowski...

...oh...

Deberg_1990
10-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Hes nothing special.....

sedated
10-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Great trade Carl. What did we get for that?

a 5th and 6th i think

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
OK. I was wrong.

We drafted Tre Stallings with the pick. Woo!

There's a conditional pick next year, also. Woo!

Sure-Oz
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Didn't Fooj get cut by the cowboys too or something? That whole team is playing real well, and they play extremely tough in NO esp after all the problems there.

ceebz
10-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Fujita sucks. I've watched a number of Saints games this year and he still misses a lot of tackles.

HemiEd
10-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Great thread idea! :thumb:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=148424

He is starting to remind me of Joe Horn.

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Fujita sucks. I've watched a number of Saints games this year and he still misses a lot of tackles.

You mean he actually shows up on the field? That would be an improvement considering it looks like we're playing a 4-2 most of the time.

ceebz
10-19-2006, 05:44 PM
You mean he actually shows up on the field? That would be an improvement considering it looks like we're playing a 4-2 most of the time.

I never said Bell was any good either. Unless Fujita can play DT, who gives a shit about him?

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I never said Bell was any good either. Unless Fujita can play DT, who gives a shit about him?

I do. He'd be an upgrade.

JBucc
10-19-2006, 05:48 PM
There's a conditional pick next year, also. Woo!I assume that means the better he plays the higher pick we get...so. ..GO FUJITA! TACKLE DEM SUMBITCHES!!!!

BigRock
10-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Does the condition of the conditional pick carry over now that he's with the Saints? We traded him to the Cowboys, but since they got rid of him I would guess that we'll just get whatever the minimum end of the deal was.

Count Zarth
10-19-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm assuming it was based on his play in Dallas.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Obviously there was some reason we let him go. That whole team is playing well though. Their Dline can actually get pressure on the QB. We can't. You'd be amazed on what that can do for a defense. Unfortunately DV never saw that.

Yep there was a reason we let him go......... same reason we let Donnie Edwards go.

Crashride
10-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Yea lets all whine and bitch about how we let fujita go and blame Carl...WHEN WE HAVE SCANLON ON THE BENCH.

jspchief
10-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Fujita is certainly better suited for the OLB role in this scheme than Bell is. IMO he's a solid role player LB. Not a Pro Bowler, but he's not going to be a weak link if he has good players around him.

That being said, there is no way we would have given him a new contract. The only reason he was cheap for the Saints is because he had been cast off by two teams in the last two years.

Glad to see him playing well. It almost legitimizes me spending $200 on an authentic Fujita jersey like a dumbass.

Aries Walker
10-19-2006, 08:24 PM
I really liked Fujita, and hated to see him go. Don't forget he made the key tackle at the end of the Cowboys game last year. If we had won that, we would have been 11-5 instead of 10-6, and we would have made it to the playoffs, and the eventual Super Bowl winners would have stayed home.

JBucc
10-19-2006, 08:26 PM
I really liked Fujita, and hated to see him go. Don't forget he made the key tackle at the end of the Cowboys game last year. If we had won that, we would have been 11-5 instead of 10-6, and we would have made it to the playoffs, and the eventual Super Bowl winners would have stayed home.Scott Fujita changed the history of the world in the span of 5 seconds.

edit: You know if you think about it, he kind of ****ed us over twice. Not only with that whole keeping us out of the playoffs thing but also if the Steelers hadn't gone on to be SB champs then Roethlisberger may have worked on his game instead of crashing bikes and bursting appendixes and then the Steelers wouldn't have struggled and wouldn't have had their backs to the wall and wouldn't have slaughtered us Sunday. It's the curse of Scott Fujita. Maybe that's digging too deep.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2006, 08:37 PM
I cant believe how many of you guys miss this guy. He played on some of the worst defensive teams ive ever seen. Im glad we have had nearly a complete roster turnover on defense the past 2 years.

Messier
10-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Yep there was a reason we let him go......... same reason we let Donnie Edwards go.

Because he didn't get along with the coaches?

Pitt Gorilla
10-19-2006, 09:15 PM
His trade was a good one; we still could have resigned him after he left the Cowboys.

milkman
10-19-2006, 09:39 PM

I never liked Dick.
I never wanted him in KC as the HC.

But the fact is, Dick did see that, which is why the Chiefs spent numerous draft picks on DT in his 5 years.

He saw the problem, he, and Carl, just never picked the right player(s) to fix the problem.

boogblaster
10-19-2006, 10:15 PM
I liked him..what not to like.. he lead the team in tackles 2 yrs. in a row....

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2006, 10:27 PM
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJ

:sulk:

ChiefFan31
10-19-2006, 11:10 PM
I heard that Fujita was not born but descended from the heavens riding lightening. He is one bad ass Asian.

That might be Carl's biggest F up in his whole tenure. Wasting a high draft pick on Derrick Johnson when we already had Fujita here.

Dammit Carl :cuss:

Rausch
10-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah, every now and again I wonder what happened to that kick returner we had when Montana played.

That guy we signed from seattle that was KR ace (for about 6 games)...

greg63
10-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Don't be doubting Boomer

Don't you mean: Keep ******* doubting Boomer?

Messier
10-20-2006, 07:00 AM
I heard that Fujita was not born but descended from the heavens riding lightening. He is one bad ass Asian.

That might be Carl's biggest F up in his whole tenure. Wasting a high draft pick on Derrick Johnson when we already had Fujita here.

Are you being serious? If not that's pretty funny.

If so....what are you talking about?

Inspector
10-20-2006, 07:16 AM

I don't think he's asian. I believe he was adopted by asian parents.

Seems like I read that somewhere, probably here.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 07:17 AM
I don't think he's asian. I believe he was adopted by asian parents.

Seems like I read that somewhere, probably here.
You are right, he's not Asian.

Bowser
10-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Yeah, every now and again I wonder what happened to that kick returner we had when Montana played.

That guy we signed from seattle that was KR ace (for about 6 games)...

Jon Vaughn? Heh.

I remember watching him and thinking "this guy is so amped up, his head is going to explode".

Speaking of former Chiefs, at the opener against Cinci, I sat next to Derrick Walker and two of his friends. Super cool guys. He is still pretty proud of that TD he caught against the Chargers on Monday Night to tie it in the final seconds. Then Vanover ended it in OT.

The wife was hammered and pretty much drooling all of herself at Derrick and his two friends. When they left at halftime, she looked at me and told me that was why she liked coming to the games. I hadn't felt pride like that in hours.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2006, 09:44 AM

yeah good thing that Herm is identifing that problem! Along with you can score to fast and to much, which causes you to lose attitude as well...

TEX
10-20-2006, 10:37 AM
yeah good thing that Herm is identifing that problem! Along with you can score to fast and to much, which causes you to lose attitude as well...

:clap:

el borracho
10-20-2006, 11:01 AM
DV never saw that? Why do you think we drafted Downing, Sands, Sims, Freeman and Siavii? DV saw the problems he (and Carl) just couldn't fix the problems.

Demonpenz
10-20-2006, 11:23 AM
stuff

greg63
10-20-2006, 12:27 PM
stuff

Agreed!