PDA

View Full Version : IE7-anyone here using it?

ZepSinger
10-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Was wondering if anyone has installed IE7 yet- if so, any bugs or problems with it that you can see?

KCFalcon59
10-20-2006, 07:29 AM
I did last night. The anti-phishing feature slows down the webpage load quite a bit. Had a few hangs when I went to refresh. Also the setting to open all links in a new tab doesn't work all the time. Which is annoying because it defeats the purpose of having tabbed browsing. So I am sure there will be fixes and updates fairly often and fairly soon to come.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Already exploited: http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Arbitrary_Content_Disclosure_Vulnerability_Test/

Why anyone uses IE is beyond me

KCFalcon59
10-20-2006, 08:33 AM
If everyone quit using IE, it wouldn't take any time at all to see how exploitable all the other browsers truly are. I use firefox at home and opera at work and IE on my laptop. I just don't get the hate for microsuck. You just don't hear as much about the other browsers because use is a fraction of IE's.

JBucc
10-20-2006, 08:34 AM
I use opera with an IE7 skin. I do like the way IE7 looks.

Fish
10-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Been testing it a bit here at work... not too bad... I don't think I'll be switching from Firefox though...

FYI: The version that comes with Vista RC2 is a more recent version than the one made available to the public. Less buggy too. I'd recommend it if you've got Vista RC2. It features 256-bit cipher strength, over the 128-bit version in the public IE7.

Kyle401
10-20-2006, 03:22 PM
I did last night. The anti-phishing feature slows down the webpage load quite a bit. Had a few hangs when I went to refresh. Also the setting to open all links in a new tab doesn't work all the time. Which is annoying because it defeats the purpose of having tabbed browsing. So I am sure there will be fixes and updates fairly often and fairly soon to come.

My links have been opening in new windows all the time, despite setting to open in new tab. I disabled the anti-phishing feature.

Overall, it seems like an improvement over IE 6 to this point.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2006, 04:01 PM
If everyone quit using IE, it wouldn't take any time at all to see how exploitable all the other browsers truly are. I use firefox at home and opera at work and IE on my laptop. I just don't get the hate for microsuck. You just don't hear as much about the other browsers because use is a fraction of IE's.
cause microsuck really does suck

if they didn't have already have a corner on the market in term capability they would already be out of business.

unstable POS

but unless you are really into computers and know how to work with them, windows is the only option.

There's a few "plug and play" type things out there like Lindows etc ... but for the most part it's only microsuck.

bgguitarman
10-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Installed it...ran it and it froze automatically at the runonce2.aspx page. Uninstalled it. That worked well surprisingly. I use Maxthon...it's basically IE6 with tabs and groups and most of what you can find in Firefox.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I use Maxthon.
never heard of it ........ speak on Yoda.

bgguitarman
10-20-2006, 04:40 PM
never heard of it ........ speak on Yoda.

Here try it out: http://www.maxthon.com/

I highly recommend it if you're used to viewing site in IE6. It uses the same rendering engine as IE6. But...it adds the ability to apply skins, use tabs, save groups of tabs, it has a pop up blocker that works well and it can clean your history...Plus much more.

Otter
10-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Already exploited: http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Arbitrary_Content_Disclosure_Vulnerability_Test/

Why anyone uses IE is beyond me

Two posts, that may be a new record if you would have included a link or reference to Firefox.

ChiefsLV
10-21-2006, 11:11 AM
but unless you are really into computers and know how to work with them, windows is the only option.

Because anyone who knows anything about computers doesn't use Windows. %(/

Mr. Laz
10-21-2006, 12:58 PM

I highly recommend it if you're used to viewing site in IE6. It uses the same rendering engine as IE6. But...it adds the ability to apply skins, use tabs, save groups of tabs, it has a pop up blocker that works well and it can clean your history...Plus much more.
i'll check it out ..... thanks.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2006, 02:53 PM

trying it now ...... where's the cookie controls in the biatch?

in IE i go to the privacy screen and turn cookies completely off to all websites except the ones i choose.

irishjayhawk
10-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Maxthon is better than IE or IE7. However, it still is based on the IE engine and therefore still doesn't live up to the web standards. Designers seem to becoming more and more standards oriented if only to screw IE.

Anyway, the RAM usage is also misleading when compared to Firefox or Opera as IE is built into the OS so it can appear to have less memory build up than it really does.

bgguitarman
10-23-2006, 07:54 AM
trying it now ...... where's the cookie controls in the biatch?

in IE i go to the privacy screen and turn cookies completely off to all websites except the ones i choose.

Options...Internet Options. Same way as before.