PDA

View Full Version : Turley's status and the LT position?

FringeNC
10-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Will Turley play anymore this year? Is he done, or has he just lost his starting job to Jordan Black? What about Svitek?

The games Jordan Black has started we have not played very well on offense. Is he really going to be our starter for the rest of the year?

And then there's Welbourn. We don't know if he's in shape to play, and if so, does he play right tackle or lack tackle. If right tackle, is Sampson benched or does he move over to left tackle?

In my opinion, we need to experiment. I just don't think Jordan Black is the answer...

ptlyon
10-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Svitek is out this weekend. Welbourn is at a whopping 185 lbs. I could provide better service...

Just be like the rest of us and accept the year is over and we don't suck enough for the first draft pick, which will be a DT anyway...

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Whatever happens i hope they dont put Sampson at LT, as much as i think he'll be good one day, i cant see him having the quick feet to play LT. I believe Turley will be kept for depth/spot duty cause that is prolly the only role his aching back can handle.

FringeNC
10-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Just be like the rest of us and accept the year is over and we don't suck enough for the first draft pick, which will be a DT anyway...

Oh, I am not optimistic about this year or the future (with this GM and HC), but until the season is really over, you fight to try to win games.

BigRock
10-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Welbourn is at a whopping 185 lbs.Who's reporting that?

Brock
10-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Who's reporting that?

It's bullshit. Welbourne hasn't seen 185 since the 8th grade.

KingPriest2
10-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Who's reporting that?

www.ptlyon.com

ptlyon
10-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Who's reporting that?

read it on here somewhere a couple of days ago, so you know it's true.

TEX
10-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Oh, I am not optimistic about this year or the future (with this GM and HC), but until the season is really over, you fight to try to win games.

I'm with you here. Before the season, some were talking about how Herm was going to improve the defense and get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. I found that particularly funny especially since every team in the AFC West (Including Seattle) has at least gone to the Super Bowl once since our GM took office? And now there are 2 teams in the division that have a legit shot this year and the Chiefs are certainly not one of them.The sad fact is, over Peterson's tenure at GM, we're closer to Detroit, New Orleans, and Arizona than we are to our own teams in our division when talking about post season success. Time for most to face facts. :shake: Carl Peterson + Herm Edwards = Success ROFL

Hootie
10-20-2006, 12:18 PM
how the **** is welbourne at 185? I don't ****ing believe that. If he was at 185...he wouldn't be trying to make an NFL comeback, I'm sure he (and the Chiefs) have more common sense than that.

Hootie
10-20-2006, 12:19 PM
you don't just lose 125 pounds in one offseason.

Kyle401
10-20-2006, 12:24 PM
how the **** is welbourne at 185?

He was a contestant on The Biggest Loser, but they kicked him off when he tested positive for banned diet pills and ephedrine.

PastorMikH
10-20-2006, 12:35 PM
I could MAYBE see Welbourn down to 285, but not 185. 25 pounds is believable, 125 lbs (40% drop) is not. Actually a weight loss would at least indicate that he's left the 'roids alone for a while. Though he may not be big enough to play anymore.

Please Planeteers, at least try to avoid making yourself look ridiculous by posting something that doesn't even make sense unless you have at least 1 credible source for it.

:rolleyes:

PastorMikH
10-20-2006, 12:36 PM
He was a contestant on The Biggest Loser, but they kicked him off when he tested positive for banned diet pills and ephedrine.

Was it ephedra or 'roids? I would think if it was ephedra and he quit, he would be increasing weight.

Calcountry
10-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Svitek is out this weekend. Welbourn is at a whopping 185 lbs. I could provide better service...

Just be like the rest of us and accept the year is over and we don't suck enough for the first draft pick, which will be a DT anyway...No chit, it is time to get into College football and dream about us being able to get some fresh new talent, and lots of it, from their ranks.