PDA

View Full Version : Dayton Moore spoke in St. Joe today

cmh6476
10-20-2006, 12:35 PM
I attended a chamber breakfast where he was the featured speaker.

Three things really stood out for me:

1. The first question he was asked was about the 3B position. He said the plan initially would have been to move Teahen to first, but that was pretty much out of the equation now with the acquisition of Shealy. he said Teahen was the more flexible of the two (he and Gordon) and they would probably try and shift teahen to the OF. It almost sounded like this was something we might see next season.

2. They have really expanded their player development and scouting. He said when he visited with Glass about the position, he told him it didn't matter how much he got paid, because it all boiled down to their development and scouting staff. I think he said they had something like 2 MLB scouts previously, and now would have either 5 or 8, I can't remember.

He also said they have added many scouting assistants and development guys, and they hope to really shore up our player development and scouting.

3. Said they hired some guy, Francisco something or other to head up their Latin American baseball program. I guess this guy was the one that brought Rafeal Furcal, Odalis Perez and a few others to the MLB, and they hope to be one of the more competitive teams in the big leagues when it comes to recruiting Latin American talent.

That's about all that really stood out to me worth mentioning...

ChiefsCountry
10-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Sounds good. I still think Teahan will end up trade bait though.

siberian khatru
10-20-2006, 01:43 PM
They have really expanded their player development and scouting. He said when he visited with Glass about the position, he told him it didn't matter how much he got paid, because it all boiled down to their development and scouting staff. I think he said they had something like 2 MLB scouts previously, and now would have either 5 or 8, I can't remember.

He also said they have added many scouting assistants and development guys, and they hope to really shore up our player development and scouting.

"I don't know why we need them. All they do is watch baseball games."
-- Marge Schott

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-20-2006, 01:44 PM
The guy brought Furcal and Odalis Perez to MLB...ROFL

cmh6476
10-20-2006, 01:56 PM
The guy brought Furcal and Odalis Perez to MLB...ROFL

are there any messicans if the HOF? :shrug:

Pitt Gorilla
10-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Sounds good. I still think Teahan will end up trade bait though.
Dayton's not that stupid.

Halfcan
10-20-2006, 03:30 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ what about paying the players they develop instead of being cheapskates and letting other teams buy them??

ChiefsCountry
10-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Dayton's not that stupid.

I know hes not, but we got a log jam at positions that Teahan could play, and we got to figure out which players have the highest potential.

ChiefsCountry
10-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Another thing is Gordon, Butler, and Huber all playing for Omaha this year?

Deberg_1990
10-20-2006, 04:08 PM
He said when he visited with Glass about the position, he told him it didn't matter how much he got paid, because it all boiled down to their development and scouting staff.

Why did it take Glass so damn long to figure this out? He cant be that dumb can he??

PinkFloyd
10-20-2006, 04:17 PM
I know hes not, but we got a log jam at positions that Teahan could play, and we got to figure out which players have the highest potential.

Can Tehan play shortshop ??? Berroa is a punk - thug and has not any hustle in any bone in his body !!! I saw at least 10 times -- and probably more -- where he just jogged to first base and could have at least made it a close call... I say goodbye to Berroa... God knows nobody would want him anyway...

cmh6476
10-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Another thing is Gordon, Butler, and Huber all playing for Omaha this year?

The question I asjked was if he was planning on keeping the AA guys in tact by sending them to Omaha?

He said he would like most of those guys to move up and play at a more competitive level, but didnt get into specifics really as who would and who wouldnt.

PinkFloyd
10-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Dang --- I live just down the road from St. Joe... I wish I would have known about this... I would have gotten kicked out when i asked about Berroa's lazy ass....

sedated
10-20-2006, 04:42 PM
I still think Teahan will end up trade bait though.

there's never a log-jam for athletic flexible players with possibly great bats

Jayhawkerman2001
10-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Trading Teahen would be one of the dumbest things they have done in a long ass time. No need to trade anybody right now, except for the veterans like menkie or redman.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-20-2006, 04:47 PM
plus, Moore has said that Glass promised him more money to spend on guys we need to keep like your teahens and gorden when he gets good. Moore is pulling all the strings here, leaving glass to deal with just the financial part of everything, and if glass pulls back on his promise, moore can get that guy in a lot of trouble.

Chief Chief
10-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Let's package Teahen and Berroa together and send 'em to NY for Rodriguez or Jeter.

KChiefs1
10-20-2006, 05:17 PM
"I don't know why we need them. All they do is watch baseball games."
-- David Glass

There I fixed it for ya!:)

PinkFloyd
10-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Let's package Teahen and Berroa together and send 'em to NY for Rodriguez or Jeter.

No way Jeter would come here... He's not that dumb nor is the Yank-me organization... I'd take Rodriquez only in the condition he tries to fly from New York on 10 gallons of fuel !!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
10-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Let's package Teahen and Berroa together and send 'em to NY for Rodriguez or Jeter.Do you people even listen to yourselves? Teahen is making almost league minimum and will for another 4.5 years or so. Jeter and A-Rod are much more expensive options. If you're going to spend money, you'd better get good, young starting pitching.

Demonpenz
10-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Royals need arms or we might be looking at the damon dye randa sweeney era where we scored a bazillion runs but lost anyway.

keg in kc
10-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Royals need arms or we might be looking at the damon dye randa sweeney era where we scored a bazillion runs but lost anyway.I think two things when I read that.

One: Damon, Dye, Randa, Sweeney - none were superstars, regardless of how we deify them. Butler, Gordon, et al, have the potential to all be better than any of them. And I'll include Teahen in that mix, I think we saw the first sign of what he's capable of the last 3/4 of 2006.

Two: Grienke, Hochever, Lumsden, and probably more I can't remember. There are arms in the system already, and Moore has made it clear that pitching's a priority.

This isn't shaping up like the late 90's, I don't think.