PDA

View Full Version : What song are you absolutely sick of?

Bowser
10-20-2006, 11:26 PM
I mean the kind of song that when it comes on the radio, you have an automatic reflex to stab the channel button to go along with the "GAAAH!!"

"Signs" by Tesla. I hear that twangy guitar starting up, it's like a timer I have to change the channel before I hear any lyrics.

I'm sure I'll think up plenty more, after I un-repress the memories......

Baconeater
10-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Right off the top of my head:

The Boys Are Back in Town-Thin Lizzy

That song wasn't that good to begin with, and I seem to hear it all the damn time. I'm sure I'll have a few more contributions to this thread.

Bowser
10-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Right off the top of my head:

The Boys Are Back in Town-Thin Lizzy

That song wasn't that good to begin with, and I seem to hear it all the damn time. I'm sure I'll have a few more contributions to this thread.

Yeah, thats a contribution.

I have to throw Ozzy under the bus with Crazy Train. Great song, but the poster child for being played into the ground.

Baconeater
10-21-2006, 12:01 AM
OK, couple more here,

"Centerfield" by John Fogarty. That song makes me want to break my radio.

"Old Time Rock 'n' Roll" by Bob Seger. Make it go away.

Ari Chi3fs
10-21-2006, 01:10 AM
I Love Rock n Roll... my five year old plays it ALL the ****ing time. And, its my fault, cuz I made him the mix cd...

but he loves jamming out to it, while playing his drumset... it still drives me up the wall.

Deberg_1990
10-21-2006, 01:39 AM
More than a Feeling.....Boston...

Just have heard it way too many times.

Molitoth
10-21-2006, 08:20 PM
I dont listen to much radio besides 810, but anytime I hear Bucherry i want to run far away.

Demonpenz
10-22-2006, 11:31 PM
If your from KC there are some songs that can be played on 3 or 4 different stations. so if you can find one that gets played on 99.7 101.1 98.9 97.5 the max those are the worse. You pretty much assured you won't hear some stuff on one channel but not the other I remember in one day I heard Crazy Train on all of those stations.

Jenson71
10-23-2006, 12:26 AM
How about Mellencamp's "This is our country" on the Chevy commericials, they show every break during the Series.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Back in black-ACDC

Anything from Aerosmith-jeez they suck. Wow another Greatest hits CD-with a Stoopid new song.

Smoke on the Water-deep purple

Cocaine-Clapton-make that anything by him.

Any rap song.

Fat Elvis
10-23-2006, 01:33 AM
If your from KC there are some songs that can be played on 3 or 4 different stations. so if you can find one that gets played on 99.7 101.1 98.9 97.5 the max those are the worse. You pretty much assured you won't hear some stuff on one channel but not the other I remember in one day I heard Crazy Train on all of those stations.

You can now add 105.1 to that list.

Reaper16
10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Back in black-ACDC

Anything from Aerosmith-jeez they suck. Wow another Greatest hits CD-with a Stoopid new song.

Smoke on the Water-deep purple

Cocaine-Clapton-make that anything by him.

Any rap song.
Aerosmith > Rush
FACT

DeepPurple
10-23-2006, 02:54 PM
but anytime I hear Bucherry i want to run far away.
98 Rock here in Baltimore until a couple of weeks ago was playing Crazy Bitch for what seemed like once an hour and I had to immediately change the station everytime it came on.

Baby Lee
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Ohh Boy you looking like you like what you see
Won't you come over and check up on it, I'm gone let you work up on it
Ladies let em check up on it, watch it while he check up on it
Dip it, pop it, twork it, stop it, check on me tonight

siberian khatru
10-23-2006, 03:03 PM
How about Mellencamp's "This is our country" on the Chevy commericials, they show every break during the Series.

That's the one I was going to finger.

And it's not a song, but another ad I am sick to death of is the Star Trek digital TV one. They show it EVERY. FREAKING. BREAK.

Stewie
10-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Ohh Boy you looking like you like what you see
Won't you come over and check up on it, I'm gone let you work up on it
Ladies let em check up on it, watch it while he check up on it
Dip it, pop it, twork it, stop it, check on me tonight

That's the theme song for skanks on myspace. If they have that song playing when I open up their page I run and hide.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Aerosmith > Rush
FACT

Yep Aerosmiths latest songs that go straight to Truck commercials really rock. They have sucked since they got back together after rehab. Their last CD Whacking off BOBO sold what ten copies, so then they put out yet another Greatest Hits CD with yet another lame song.

They should retire.

Nightwish
10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Aerosmith > Rush
FACT
I have to differ with you there. Aerosmith hasn't put out a decent album since Pump, and only a handful of halfway good songs (all of which come from the Pump and Permanent Vacation albums) at all since they reunited. Aerosmith has never impressed me greatly, but they were infinitely better when they were still getting high.

Reaper16
10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I have to differ with you there. Aerosmith hasn't put out a decent album since Pump, and only a handful of halfway good songs (all of which come from the Pump and Permanent Vacation albums) at all since they reunited. Aerosmith has never impressed me greatly, but they were infinitely better when they were still getting high.
Has newish Rush material held up with thier old material? I don't think it does. Which kinda puts both bands in the same boat.

banyon
10-23-2006, 08:09 PM
As a University of Tennessee Graduate, it will always be "Rocky Top". After you hear that for the 1000th time, it is readily apparent that is is the worst f***ing song of all time.

ChiefFripp
10-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Yep Aerosmiths latest songs that go straight to Truck commercials really rock. They have sucked since they got back together after rehab. Their last CD Whacking off BOBO sold what ten copies, so then they put out yet another Greatest Hits CD with yet another lame song.

They should retire.
He has a point. Aerosmith have sucked for way too long and are about as musically credible as Toby Kieth.

Reaper16
10-23-2006, 08:49 PM
He has a point. Aerosmith have sucked for way too long and are about as musically credible as Toby Kieth.
I'd say that is pretty good. For country/pop, Toby has always been pretty stellar.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 11:28 PM
I'd say that is pretty good. For country/pop, Toby has always been pretty stellar.

Don't get me wrong-I have owed tons of Aerosmith stuff-they used to be one of my fav bands back when they were hungry. Their early stuff is legendary-I even like several tunes off of PV. But when they tour the same place 3 times in a year and half and don't put out good stuff anymore-it gets old. They piss me off because they have sold out and lost touch with thier real fans.

The bo bo CD was embarassing.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Has newish Rush material held up with thier old material? I don't think it does. Which kinda puts both bands in the same boat.

When Rush changed their sound from the long epics-they became huge. But they have never been about flash and cash. Yes when they went all keyboards, I didn't like it. But as the years go by I listen to some of those and they really hold up.

Aerosmith has never changed their sound even when Jimmy Crispo took over for Joe. Funny that CD had some of Tylers best lyrics-he was really putting it all out there. Now they are just like Def Lepard-a sissy pop band.

Kiss fell into the money trap, as did the Stones. That is all I am saying.

Archie F. Swin
10-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Sweet Home Ala:Lin:

see what happens!

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 11:49 PM

see what happens!

L S died on that plane-they never should have came back. I saw them at Sandstone and the were pretty boring-plus a 45 minute Freebird jam. :banghead: I was almost glad it was over-spent the whole show walking around drinking and hitting on sluts.

Miles
10-24-2006, 12:28 AM

see what happens!

The redneck anthem is defintly high on the list.

Miles
10-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Foghat: Slow Ride is pretty brutal
Dave Matthews: What would you say (this one isnt on nearly as much as it used to be. I absolutly hate it.)

Bowser
10-24-2006, 12:51 AM
As for new songs, Audioslave's "Original Fire" MIGHT be a good song, but it gets played so damned much, my skin crawls when I hear the drums and opening line....

Baconeater
10-24-2006, 01:11 AM

They should retire.
I have to totally agree with the Can Man on this one. All their new stuff sounds the same. But for some reason, chicks dig them. If all I had to do was put out a crappy album so I could go out on tour and have women shake their boobies at me for several hours a night, I sure as hell wouldn't retire either.

DeepPurple
10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
In 1986 I saw REM in Savannah, Georgia on their Fables of the Reconstruction tour and for an encore they played "Toys in the Attic". At the time they were considered new wave or whatever and I thought that was neat. That's back when Michael Stipe still had long hair and hadn't come out of the closet and ruin a good live band.

DMAC
10-26-2006, 09:16 PM
JOHN MELLENCAMP- THIS IS OUR COUNTRY

:banghead:

thurman merman
10-26-2006, 09:35 PM
that stupid song on the commercials about "this is our country" by john mellencamp or something. wow that song sucks.

DMAC
10-26-2006, 10:26 PM
ROFL Didn't I just say that? :spock:

Halfcan
10-26-2006, 11:57 PM
You which song I hate

Its that fugging Mellencrap song on the truck commercial.

StcChief
10-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Agreed. The new Johnny Cougar Mellonhead song

Duck Dog
10-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Screw the songs. I have entire bands that cause me to cring on my way to change the channel.

Def Leopard, Nickleback, the stones, Aerosmith...gawd I could go on and on.

Duck Dog
10-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Agreed. The new Johnny Cougar Mellonhead song

John Cougar Watermellon Summercamp sucks too.

DMAC
10-27-2006, 11:37 PM
There is some song on a truck commercial...

It's like This is a fraud country...or somethin?? :shrug:

thurman merman
10-29-2006, 07:51 PM
ROFL Didn't I just say that? :spock:

haha yes, but i didnt notice till after i had already written mine.

oh well, i think we can all agree that is a really terrible song. and it is on EVERY SINGLE commercial break on EVERY SINGLE sporting event.

banyon
10-29-2006, 08:14 PM
When that s****y Mellenclown song comes on, I have a hard time not thinking, "If our country's so effing great, why don't you stop making your vehicles in Mexico?"

Bill Parcells
10-29-2006, 09:08 PM
I remember in 1985,''we are the world'' came out to benefit hunger in Africa..
Back in that day there were juke boxes in the bars..and some nitwit would always play that ****ing song :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

So I put in $2 of quarters and kept playing that stupid song until everybody got sick of it and they had to turn the ****in juke box off :cuss:

But that song I still hate today!!! :cuss: :cuss:

KcMizzou
10-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Recently... Buck Cherry : Crazy bitch

Baconeater
10-30-2006, 11:27 PM
That "Go boy go" song on the Dockers commercials is really starting to grind my gears.

BWillie
10-30-2006, 11:34 PM
That stupid Bringing Sexy back song by Justin Timberlake. I go into coniptions everytime I hear it. It took me forever to realize that it actually is him singing, it sounds all messed up and jumbled because his song is put through some sort of computer synthesiser thingy mabob. I guess that is music nowadays...

Duck Dog
10-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Recently... Buck Cherry : Crazy bitch

Yes, yes, yes! And also that stupid ass "I wanna be rock star" by Nickleback.

Bruce Springsteen, that guy sucks too.