PDA

View Full Version : Neil Smith Has Earned The Honor

Phobia
10-21-2006, 12:34 AM
I wasn't so sure about that but Mike Campbell convinced me. Please don't read this if you wish to remain angry at Neil Smith.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=581646

Psyko Tek
10-21-2006, 01:54 AM
I always loved that flinch move, somehow I could see it coming, but they still jumped...
I suppose if he was about to hit me I would have jumped too

hate the fact he went to the Broncos,
but he was a good player

Deberg_1990
10-21-2006, 01:56 AM
I agree, he deserves it. Im curious what the reception will be like for him on Sunday?

el borracho
10-21-2006, 02:07 AM
Does that mean the Chiefs will retire his jersey number (which Sims is wearing)?

Fruit Ninja
10-21-2006, 02:10 AM
He does deserve it. he made the move to the evil Broncos, but he has a Superbowl Ring. He got everything he wanted out of football, not many can say that.

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Neil Smith Has Earned The Honor

If by "honor", you mean my life long scorn, then yes, he's earned the honor.

GoodDaySir!
10-21-2006, 02:44 AM
I don't think he deserves all the hate he gets in Kansas City considering he wanted to stay here.

If you worked at a place you loved and they said, "No, we don't want you here anymore", what would you do?

I'd stick it to them and go to their rival.

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2006, 02:47 AM
I don't think he deserves all the hate he gets in Kansas City considering he wanted to stay here.

If you worked at a place you loved and they said, "No, we don't want you here anymore", what would you do?

I'd stick it to them and go to their rival.

NIce fable, Aesop.

KcMizzou
10-21-2006, 02:48 AM
I agree, he deserves it. Im curious what the reception will be like for him on Sunday?He'll get a nice ovation, and he deserves it. Thanks Neil.

Kaylore
10-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Neil Smith was great. It was wonderful seeing him finally get two rings with a real team.

Rausch
10-21-2006, 02:56 AM
**** him.

That article means squat.

Everything he meant to say he said on the Donk sidelines, in the 4th quarter of a win, during thier super bowl season.

"It's nice to finally play for the good guys."

Psyko Tek
10-21-2006, 03:32 AM
Neil Smith was great. It was wonderful seeing him finally get two rings with a real team.

aww, 'scuse me, go have anal sex with a farm implement,
you chose

blueballs
10-21-2006, 04:12 AM
Shannon Sharpe and him had lengthy conversations
about making english the mandatory language in the US

Spott
10-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Screw Neil Smith.

Phobia
10-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Does that mean the Chiefs will retire his jersey number (which Sims is wearing)?

No. Retiring the jersey number is an entirely unrelated honor.

Chiefnj
10-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Good article. He deserves it. He brought many years of enjoyment and pride to the Chiefs. The era of players being drafted and retiring from the same team is over. If you are going to hold grudges against such players, there will be few to none left to feel good about once they move on and retire.

ROYC75
10-21-2006, 08:54 AM

Oh, you mean the 2 years the Donks had to cheat to get a SB win ?

I understand how that works now ..........

stevieray
10-21-2006, 09:02 AM
I agree, he deserves it. Im curious what the reception will be like for him on Sunday?

I think they should play the clip of him doing his swing at Arrowhead in his Invesco uni.

gblowfish
10-21-2006, 09:12 AM
NO SOUP FOR NEIL!!!

StcChief
10-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Neil deserves it. The Donxs move was about $$$.

There are and will be others that move on for $$$.

TRich ring a bell.

gblowfish
10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I wish I had one of these to hang from my bumper on Sunday...

Spott
10-21-2006, 11:16 AM
I wish I had one of these to hang from my bumper on Sunday...

A buddy of mine that is a Bronco fan has a sports room in his house with all kinds of memorabilia in it, including one of those teddy bears in that pic. Every time I'm at his house, I want to go rip the head off that bear and burn it in his driveway.

Bwana
10-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I think NOT.

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Neil deserves it. The Donxs move was about $$$.

There are and will be others that move on for $$$.

TRich ring a bell.

Try to at least act like you know what you're talking about. Smith grossly exaggerated his worth on the market. Remember all those teams that lined up to pay him 5mil a year? I don't either.

He took an incentive laden offer from the Donx then played up the "good guys" angle.

Smith essentially fell out of a tree and landed on is feet with a Donx team that took him for a championship ride.

gblowfish
10-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Good article. He deserves it. He brought many years of enjoyment and pride to the Chiefs. The era of players being drafted and retiring from the same team is over. If you are going to hold grudges against such players, there will be few to none left to feel good about once they move on and retire.
Yeah, gosh I see your point. Neil Smith should be equally honored with current players like Will Shields, or Dante Hall, or Tony Gonzalez.

Riddle me this:
Name me any other player on the ring of fame who went to a division rival, and personally took part in knocking the Chiefs out of a playoff game?

I just hope they provide an interpreter for his acceptance speech.

gblowfish
10-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Let's sell this at the Arrowhead gift shop tomorrow. We love Neil. He's so cute in that Donk outfit...