PDA

View Full Version : Freed inmate refuses to leave jail...

wutamess
10-21-2006, 12:36 PM
From the just when you thought you heard it all files...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/10/21/germany.prisoner.reut/index.html

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- A 59-year-old German man who has spent the last 34 years in jail has turned down offers to be let out, an official said on Saturday.

"He rejected an offer to leave in 1992," Thomas Melzer, a spokesman for the Brandenburg state justice ministry, told Bild newspaper. "We can't do anything if someone sentenced to life in prison doesn't want to leave."

The man, identified only as Gerold H, was convicted of murder and sentenced to life imprisonment in 1972 when the area was part of communist East Germany.

German prisoners have no obligation to agree to leave jail before their sentences have been completed.

StcChief
10-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Free loader no wonder their taxes are high.

Stewie
10-21-2006, 12:51 PM
What would he do? Where would he go? Do they have Walmarts there? He could be a greeter like the creepy dude at the Walmart by my house.

Fruit Ninja
10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
yeah, he doesnt know anything else. my neighbor did 9 years when he was 16 he was scared as **** when he got out, dude wanted to go back at first, he didnt know shit from the outside world, He's fine now though, but it was a pretty rough transition for him. The day he got out, he came over later that night after all his family left, he goes you know what man, i said whats up, he goes this the first time i have seen sunlight in 4 years. i was like damn.

Cntrygal
10-21-2006, 02:45 PM
The prison should charge him for room/board if he doesn't want to leave.

mikey23545
10-21-2006, 02:48 PM
yeah, he doesnt know anything else. my neighbor did 9 years when he was 16 he was scared as **** when he got out, dude wanted to go back at first, he didnt know shit from the outside world, He's fine now though, but it was a pretty rough transition for him. The day he got out, he came over later that night after all his family left, he goes you know what man, i said whats up, he goes this the first time i have seen sunlight in 4 years. i was like damn.

Joe Dirt, is that you?

scott free
This thread could best be summed up with Morgan Freemans monologue towards the end of Shawshank Redemption.

Saulbadguy
Why not?

My dad , who worked with the corrections system for years, said he would see the same guys check in when the weather turned cold just so they could sleep in a warm place and get 3 hot meals a day.

Fruit Ninja
10-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Joe Dirt, is that you?
NO, not a redneck from the midwest sorry.

Fruit Ninja
10-21-2006, 02:53 PM
The prison should charge him for room/board if he doesn't want to leave.
They said they cant, he can by the law serve his full term, which was life. Its how the system is.

Cntrygal
10-21-2006, 02:57 PM
They said they cant, he can by the law serve his full term, which was life. Its how the system is.

They should offer to end his life. Of course, the offer should be made discreetly and in the middle of the night.

Dark Horse
10-21-2006, 03:06 PM

What was he in for felony exaggeration?

Fruit Ninja
10-21-2006, 03:07 PM
What was he in for felony exaggeration?
Premeditated Murder actually, though, he was faslely accused, and they finally admitted it after 9 years.

Deberg_1990
10-21-2006, 05:29 PM
institutionalized

big nasty kcnut
10-21-2006, 06:41 PM
I think he doesn't want to deal with a united germany and like to stay in the past.

mac58
10-21-2006, 06:55 PM
institutionalized

thats what i was thinking. . .\ShawShank