PDA

View Full Version : Bolts are overrated!!!

PunkinDrublic
10-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I really think our slipups allowed them to get back into the game like the phantom pass interference, missed extra point and bad clock management before the half. I've been saying for weeks the bolts have been getting by on a cupcake schedule to anyone who would listen. I'm sick and tired of the undue praise Rivers has been getting. I open up yahoo today and there's a story about experts believing SD is the best team in the league. At one point this week Merril Hodge was heralding Rivers as the second coming of Dan Marino. We didn't play well but I'm so glad we beat these media darlings.

WilliamTheIrish
10-22-2006, 04:06 PM
They don't look overrated to me.

That's a good team. We got the big lead and held on.

If the Chiefs go down 20-0 in SD, we don't make that comeback.

Rudy lost the toss
10-22-2006, 04:10 PM
they'll always be the best team with ____ losses

PunkinDrublic
10-22-2006, 04:12 PM

They are a good team, but they are hardly the elite team the media makes them out to be. I've been sick of the media kissing their ass and I was especially glad to see them lose today. I'm not saying we are anything special but SD is who they are.

Deberg_1990
10-22-2006, 04:12 PM
No, thats a damn good team right there. Dont try and take anything away from the Chiefs today.

Mr. Laz
10-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Nah, we are just a completely different team at home versus on the road.

at home, we can play with anyone

on road, we can lose to just about anyone

PunkinDrublic
10-22-2006, 04:14 PM
No, thats a damn good team right there. Dont try and take anything away from the Chiefs today.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Chiefs, I'm really proud of the way we rebounded after last week.

keg in kc
10-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Oh damn, I'd already forgotten about that f*cking PI call. What a lame goddamn flag.

WilliamTheIrish
10-22-2006, 04:18 PM
They are a good team, but they are hardly the elite team the media makes them out to be. I've been sick of the media kissing their ass and I was especially glad to see them lose today. I'm not saying we are anything special but SD is who they are.

Okay, I understand a little better now. Funny you mention this, because I quit watching ALL the pregame shows a couple of seasons ago. And mainly for the reasons you just mentioned.

That, and when they let Michael Irvin talk...

chief52
10-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Oh damn, I'd already forgotten about that f*cking PI call. What a lame goddamn flag.

From what the showed on TV it was a lame call. But something happened before the replay picks up. Was it PI? Who knows...but they never showed the whole thing in my opinion.

KcMizzou
10-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Clearly if the Chiefs could beat them, they're overrated.

*sigh*

LMAO

keg in kc
10-22-2006, 04:21 PM
From what the showed on TV it was a lame call. But something happened before the replay picks up. Was it PI? Who knows...but they never showed the whole thing in my opinion.What I saw was the two of them get their legs tangled. And technically, if something happened before that, before we could see, it would've had to be called holding. Either way, it was clearly an uncatchable pass. The Flash might've caught that ball. Nobody else could have.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2006, 04:22 PM
All I know is that is the BEST team in the history of league to ever lose on a Larry Tynes 53 yard field goal.

dirk digler
10-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Nah, we are just a completely different team at home versus on the road.

at home, we can play with anyone

on road, we can lose to just about anyone

Yep. That is why I never predict the Chiefs to lose at home just because of the great homefield advantage and the way the Chiefs play at home.

chief52
10-22-2006, 04:24 PM
What I saw was the two of them get their legs tangled. And technically, if something happened before that, before we could see, it would've had to be called holding. Either way, it was clearly an uncatchable pass. The Flash might've caught that ball. Nobody else could have.

Yes, I agree that if something happened earlier it should have been holding, not PI. That would have been a major enforcement difference. 10 yards or the ball on the 1.

PunkinDrublic
10-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Clearly if the Chiefs could beat them, they're overrated.

*sigh*

LMAO

Come on man that's not what I'm saying. Don't try to put me into that same anti-Chief box with Mecca. I'm saying it feels especially great to beat a team that have been the medias darlings all season.

KcMizzou
10-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Come on man that's not what I'm saying. Don't try to put me into that same anti-Chief box with Mecca. I'm saying it feels especially great to beat a team that have been the medias darlings all season.Indeed it does. :toast:

I really wasn't commenting on you. It's just an annoying prevailing attitude not only here... but around town as well. If we loose, we suck. If we win, it's because the other team sucked.

Halfcan
10-22-2006, 04:31 PM
I would not call their D over rated-maybe very beatable after today.

PunkinDrublic
10-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I would not call their D over rated-maybe very beatable after today.

Yeah how did Merrimans boxing regimine in the offseason help him in the clutch today? I swear if I see one more feature on him and his offseason boxing training I am going to slit my wrists.

chief52
10-22-2006, 04:35 PM
It's just an annoying prevailing attitude not only here... but around town as well. If we loose, we suck. If we win, it's because the other team sucked.

Very true :clap: I do not understand it myself. The Chiefs played well today and beat a very good team. Do not take that away from them.

Halfcan
10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah how did Merrimans boxing regimine in the offseason help him in the clutch today? I swear if I see one more feature on him and his offseason boxing training I am going to slit my wrists.

I hate that D#ck, I would love to see him blow out a knee.

RINGLEADER
10-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Bolts have a lot of talent, but everyone claiming they're the best team in the league (ahem, Ron Jaworski, ahem) should realize that ALL of the Bolts wins have come against teams with a combined record of 5-18!!! They haven't beaten a team over .500 yet!

Let's see them actually win a game against a good team before proclaiming them champs. I could honestly see them losing three of their next four games against the Rams, at Bengals, and at Broncos (teams with a combined record of 12-5).

Like I said, they've got talent but they haven't beaten anyone else with talent.

Halfcan
10-22-2006, 04:43 PM
As long as Choke Marty is their coach-they will never go all the way.

PunkinDrublic
10-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Bolts have a lot of talent, but everyone claiming they're the best team in the league (ahem, Ron Jaworski, ahem) should realize that ALL of the Bolts wins have come against teams with a combined record of 5-18!!! They haven't beaten a team over .500 yet!

Let's see them actually win a game against a good team before proclaiming them champs. I could honestly see them losing three of their next four games against the Rams, at Bengals, and at Broncos (teams with a combined record of 12-5).

Like I said, they've got talent but they haven't beaten anyone else with talent.

Exactly. What was over the top to me was when Merrill Hodge devoted a whole segment to comparing Rivers release to Dand Marinos. I know we looked really horrible last week but this years Chiefs team IMO has played with more heart in overcoming adversity then any team in recent memory.

Frankie
10-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Bolts are overrated!!!....

I open up yahoo today and there's a story about experts believing SD is the best team in the league. ....

No they are not. They are an excellent team. But yes, alling them the best team in the NFL would be overrating them.

Frankie
10-22-2006, 04:50 PM

Absolutely right.

Frankie
10-22-2006, 04:54 PM
What I saw was the two of them get their legs tangled. And technically, if something happened before that, before we could see, it would've had to be called holding. Either way, it was clearly an uncatchable pass. The Flash might've caught that ball. Nobody else could have.
And the call was against Ty Law who was guarding the other WR who was obviously way out of the play anyway.

RINGLEADER
10-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Exactly. What was over the top to me was when Merrill Hodge devoted a whole segment to comparing Rivers release to Dand Marinos. I know we looked really horrible last week but this years Chiefs team IMO has played with more heart in overcoming adversity then any team in recent memory.

Not to oversimplify it but each season comes down to a few plays. We stop the Eagles on fourth and long or Derrick Johnson doesn't get flagged against the Cowboys and we're in the playoffs last season. We find a way to win in Denver and we're sitting atop of the AFC West right now. We're close, but we really need to show that we can play consistently to be considered a contender.

PunkinDrublic
10-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Not to oversimplify it but each season comes down to a few plays. We stop the Eagles on fourth and long or Derrick Johnson doesn't get flagged against the Cowboys and we're in the playoffs last season. We find a way to win in Denver and we're sitting atop of the AFC West right now. We're close, but we really need to show that we can play consistently to be considered a contender.

I agree but considering what the team has had to deal with as far as injuries, I think we are very fortunate to be 3-3.

Rausch
10-22-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't think they're overrated, I think they have a rookie QB playing his 1st game @ Arrowhead.

Considering, he played pretty good.

FAX
10-22-2006, 05:16 PM
The Dolts may well be overrated. But, by how much? Are they as good as the sports media would like us to believe? Absolutely negatorio.

They have excellent talent everywhere on that team and they are used to winning. The fact is that, the Chiefs have every right to feel very good about this game. Had we not left points on the field after the first turnover or missed the extra point, it would likely not even have been close.

We outplayed them in practically every facet. I'd like to see us get our coverage teams up to speed, though.

Good win, Chiefs.

FAX

tk13
10-22-2006, 05:22 PM
I know I've said this 11 billion times, but it's difficult to win 2 straight weeks on the road in the NFL. We probably took advantage of that today. Just like our D got torched last week and looked slow, we beat up on their defense today. They'll probably come back strong next week, I still don't think there's one standout team in the AFC yet, it's pretty wide open.