PDA

View Full Version : Congrats - from a Chargers fan

jersey
10-22-2006, 04:49 PM
However, I will say what I've said all season about the Chargers - we're too stupid to win tough games. 3 turnovers in the first half? Bounce one off the upright. Can't stop the Chiefs in the last minute of the game. Too stupid.

Having said that - Congrats. And I mean that sincerely.

burt
10-22-2006, 04:50 PM
However, I will say what I've said all season about the Chargers - we're too stupid to win tough games. 3 turnovers in the first half? Bounce one off the upright. Can't stop the Chiefs in the last minute of the game. Too stupid.

Tight game....and thank you for the honorable post. Good luck the rest of the season, but not too much!! :)

KcMizzou
10-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks. Hell of a tough team you have there. I wouldn't get down on them. Arrowhead's always a tough place to win.

mac58
10-22-2006, 04:54 PM
thanks. . tough loss for u guys. . .

jersey
10-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks. Hell of a tough team you have there. I wouldn't get down on them. Arrowhead's always a tough place to win.

We've got a team that isn't ready to take the next step - and the coach has a lot to do with that. I'm sure you're familiar with that situation. ;-)

KcMizzou
10-22-2006, 04:56 PM
We've got a team that isn't ready to take the next step - and the coach has a lot to do with that. I'm sure you're familiar with that situation. ;-)Very.

mikey23545
10-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Classy post after a tough loss, dude...Good luck to you guys the rest of the way (minus one game, of course!)....

jersey
10-22-2006, 05:10 PM
I thank you for the "honorable post" comments. Although, I have to say that Chiefs fans are very cool (on the whole, of course).

I remember our 1-15 season a couple years ago where the one win was the Chiefs game here. I went to the game with a few friends, and then we went to a bar afterwards when a few Chiefs fans showed up. They couldn't have been better sports, and we all had a great time partying the night away.

burt
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM
I thank you for the "honorable post" comments. Although, I have to say that Chiefs fans are very cool (on the whole, of course).

I remember our 1-15 season a couple years ago where the one win was the Chiefs game here. I went to the game with a few friends, and then we went to a bar afterwards when a few Chiefs fans showed up. They couldn't have been better sports, and we all had a great time partying the night away.

um.....we're Chiefs fans..........we HAVE to be good sports........

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM
You stay classy, San Diego.

dirk digler
10-22-2006, 05:15 PM
It was a great game and SD is going to be a tough team to beat for any team. The bad news for you is that Marty is your coach.

jspchief
10-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Don't worry, the bandwagon is as easy to jump off as it was to jump on a few years ago.

jersey
10-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Don't worry, the bandwagon is as easy to jump off as it was to jump on a few years ago.

Don't you DARE accuse me of being a bandwagoner. You can call me anything you want, just don't call me a bandwagoner.

burt
10-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Don't you DARE accuse me of being a bandwagoner. You can call me anything you want, just don't call me a bandwagoner.

You are obviously a quality poster, but can I have a few negative suggestions as to what to call you, just in case you get all "GoChiefs" on us?

jersey
10-22-2006, 05:42 PM
You are obviously a quality poster, but can I have a few negative suggestions as to what to call you, just in case you get all "GoChiefs" on us?

My Chiefs buddy keeps telling me there's plenty of room for new Chiefs fans if the Chargers move to LA.

In the mean time, you could call me a Raider fan if you really wanted to piss me off. ;-)

burt
10-22-2006, 05:44 PM
My Chiefs buddy keeps telling me there's plenty of room for new Chiefs fans if the Chargers move to LA.

In the mean time, you could call me a Raider fan if you really wanted to piss me off. ;-)

No way that I could stoop that low.....

jersey
10-22-2006, 05:46 PM
No way that I could stoop that low.....

Good to know you have your limits.

burt
10-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Good to know you have your limits.

If ya really make me mad, I may call you a Cardinals fan....

CHENZ A!
10-22-2006, 05:55 PM

I think you're saying this because you know that your team is better than ours, and I agree at this point.

But I would say that the Chargers flat got outplayed, both teams made mistakes, but the Chiefs dominated the LOS.

Kind of a backhanded compliment imo, but anyway..

SNR
10-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Do you know a HBBoltGirl by any chance?

leothedog69
10-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Congrats to all Chiefs fans for today's win. I had to deal with the Doltz fans last week, and I was not impressed with them much at all (Bunch of Blow Hards that were ready to hoist the Lombardi trophy above their heads long before this season is over).

WAY TO GO!!

burt
10-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Congrats to all Chiefs fans for today's win. I had to deal with the Doltz fans last week, and I was not impressed with them much at all (Bunch of Blow Hards that were ready to hoist the Lombardi trophy above their heads long before this season is over).

WAY TO GO!!

thank you Leo.....very kind of you.

jersey
10-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I think you're saying this because you know that your team is better than ours, and I agree at this point.

But I would say that the Chargers flat got outplayed, both teams made mistakes, but the Chiefs dominated the LOS.

Kind of a backhanded compliment imo, but anyway..

I'm not saying it because we're a better team than anyone. We haven't beaten anyone with a winning record, and we haven't been able to beat a good football team. A lot of it has to do with the fact that we're not disciplined.

Was it a backhanded compliment? A little only because I trashed the Chargers first before saying congrats. But I do really mean it - congrats. You guys needed something to get going, and this might be it. I'd prefer to see the Chiefs take the division over the Broncos (assuming it's not the Chargers, of course).

jersey
10-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Do you know a HBBoltGirl by any chance?

I do not. Is she hot? ;-)

burt
10-22-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not saying it because we're a better team than anyone. We haven't beaten anyone with a winning record, and we haven't been able to beat a good football team. A lot of it has to do with the fact that we're not disciplined.

Was it a backhanded compliment? A little only because I trashed the Chargers first before saying congrats. But I do really mean it - congrats. You guys needed something to get going, and this might be it. I'd prefer to see the Chiefs take the division over the Broncos (assuming it's not the Chargers, of course).

If the Chiefs lost, I suppose any congrats. that I would provide would also be a little back handed. Because I would be a little(understatement) upset....and that would be all. You are a quality person..... and no Raiders fan!

Direckshun
10-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the words, jersey. This win was absolutely huge for KC; it was essentially our livelihood. You guys came into a hornets nest in KC, basically the same thing we came into with Pittsburg last week.

You have a great team, though. I have to be honest, it still hurts watching Donnie Edwards play Pro Bowl linebacker considering he once wore a red jersey, and Rivers showed himself to be an unbelievably tough quarterback to beat. Just a great all-around team, and that makes a quality win that much better.

We'll see you again in a few weeks, dude! You're welcome to try to avenge yourselves, but KC proved today they're considerably harder to take down than predicted.

burt
10-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the words, jersey. This win was absolutely huge for KC; it was essentially our livelihood. You guys came into a hornets nest in KC, basically the same thing we came into with Pittsburg last week.

You have a great team, though. I have to be honest, it still hurts watching Donnie Edwards play Pro Bowl linebacker considering he once wore a red jersey, and Rivers showed himself to be an unbelievably tough quarterback to beat. Just a great all-around team, and that makes a quality win that much better.

We'll see you again in a few weeks, dude! You're welcome to try to avenge yourselves, but KC proved today they're considerably harder to take down than predicted.

well said n00b. I hate playing against Donnie Edwards also!! He has always been a class act.

jersey
10-22-2006, 06:30 PM

I'm just glad we didn't actually trade him away this off-season.

alanm
10-22-2006, 06:43 PM

Course Bronco fans should always be ass whupped when encountered. :D

chiefsfan1963
10-22-2006, 09:51 PM

the turnovers killed you guys. SD is the better team this year but you can't turn the freakin ball over at ARROWHEAD. It's hard enough to win at Arrowhead w/o them.