PDA

View Full Version : Mooch and Deion: AFC West is a three-team race.

Count Alex's Losses
10-22-2006, 07:31 PM
They just pimped us on NFL Network. Do you agree?

donkhater
10-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I don't know. But after the world of media experts went down on SD the entire week, NBC sure treated the win as ho-hum. Quickest set of highlights and no discussion afterward.

Short Leash Hootie
10-22-2006, 07:37 PM
One things for sure...we're a totally different team at home.

KCChiefsFan88
10-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Peter King picked San Diego to win something like 36-17.

jspchief
10-22-2006, 07:39 PM
I think most of these guys are morons every week, regardless of their opinion of the Chiefs.

Other than that, I'd say usually the NFL season isn't over in week 6... so yea, we're still in it.

jspchief
10-22-2006, 07:40 PM
By the way, Prisco picked the Chiefs to win this game.

Rain Man
10-22-2006, 07:41 PM
It's probably still a three-team race. I don't think we've eliminated San Diego and Denver yet.

Direckshun
10-22-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't know. But after the world of media experts went down on SD the entire week, NBC sure treated the win as ho-hum. Quickest set of highlights and no discussion afterward.
They do that every week with the Chiefs.

This sounds weird to say because it's just sports, but media has a serious bias against midwestern teams, especially the Chiefs.

rad
10-22-2006, 07:45 PM
One things for sure...we're a totally different team at home.

Funny, I was just telling someone at work that same thing....it's like a lightswitch. We need to shake that trend quick....

rad
10-22-2006, 07:46 PM
By the way, Prisco picked the Chiefs to win this game.

No way!!! Prickso picked us to win? Get the net.....

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Good teams don't blow 17 point leads at home. I'm sorry, we're not a good team. I'm happy with the win, but I'm also realistic.

VonneMarie
10-22-2006, 07:51 PM
They do that every week with the Chiefs.

This sounds weird to say because it's just sports, but media has a serious bias against midwestern teams, especially the Chiefs.
Did you not hear them slurpin' down Chicago?

rad
10-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Good teams don't blow 17 point leads at home. I'm sorry, we're not a good team. I'm happy with the win, but I'm also realistic.

We beat a better all-around team today. We didn't "blow" anything. We won.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Did you not hear them slurpin' down Chicago?

I remember a ton of times people saying that Chicago is an eastern city, which is stupid as hell.

B_Ambuehl
10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
There's no way S.D. should've been in the game playing on the road minus 2 in the turnover department. The (our) defense has to sell out too much to stop anything.....Marty came out playing martyball and that was too predictable and our defense was guessing right and making them look bad....that changed when they opened it up a bit. Give our offense a lot of credit and give them credit for coming back but I mainly credit Marty's opening quarter gameplan for this win.

Short Leash Hootie
10-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Funny, I was just telling someone at work that same thing....it's like a lightswitch. We need to shake that trend quick....
Or we need to figure out how to get a 9th home game like the Giants did last year...

runnercyclist
10-22-2006, 08:03 PM

Not to mention the three turnovers SD handed us. We are not a good team -yet. But we are improving.

ROYC75
10-22-2006, 08:04 PM
I remember a ton of times people saying that Chicago is an eastern city, which is stupid as hell.

It's east of the Mississippi River .........

KcMizzou
I see Ugly Duck has voted.

Must be feelin' frisky after the big win today.

Deberg_1990
Just a quick question. Why do we care so much what these national turds think of us each week?? Who the hell cares?? I can gurantee you, they dont know the team half as much as most of you guys do so wo cares???

Halfcan
10-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Peter King picked San Diego to win something like 36-17.

Peter Puffer always picks against the Chiefs. He is a dumbazz.

tk13
10-22-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't care how we won. That was a really good football team we beat today. They should be undefeated, if Marty hadn't choked the Baltimore game away, people would probably be propping them up as the best team in football, maybe deservedly so. And we pounded them. I'll just take the win and move on.

Short Leash Hootie
10-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Peter Puffer always picks against the Chiefs. He is a dumbazz.
that's funny...you, calling someone else a dumbass. Hahaha.

VonneMarie
10-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Agreed.

NashvilleRock.net
10-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Was Deion pimping us during halftime or something? The reason that I ask is because after the game he was talking about how awful our defense is and basically saying that we don't stand a chance to win the division. Shows how big of an idiot the guy is.

tk13
10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Really, just like last year though, I still think Denver has the best schedule. The only game I'd want to chalk up as a loss is the Thanksgiving game at Arrowhead. Road game on a short week, but I guess they did it against Dallas last year. Denver lucks out because their two toughest road games @ Pit and SD come in the first week of back to back road trips. Then the 2nd game's are @ Oakland and Arizona, winnable games. They still could lose the first game of those trips though.

I think San Diego might have the hardest schedule. They've got an @ Cincy/@ Denver road trip next month. Then in December they have Den/KC at home, then have to go @ Seattle, tough.

The Chiefs luck out like the Broncos, the toughest road games come after home games. The 2nd game of our back/back road trips are Miami and Oakland, not very good teams. Even then it'll be a challenge to beat St. Louis/San Diego on the road unless we play better, but at least we might be able to avoid a devastating losing streak like Dallas/NYG on the road last year. Other than that all our tough games are at home... Seattle, Baltimore, Denver, Jacksonville.

I really don't think 10-6 is unrealistic at all. We have a stretch coming up of: @ MIA, Oak, Den, @ CLE, Baltimore... those are all winnable games. If we're going to make the playoffs we need to survive the next couple weeks and get on a hot streak right there. We can't turn around and choke the next two weeks, we need to take care of business at home against Seattle, and we always play the Rams tough.. if we could steal that road game I think we're in really good shape going forward.

Garcia Bronco
10-22-2006, 08:44 PM
They said that though....based on who you're playing next...and who they might be missing

Count Alex's Losses
10-22-2006, 08:46 PM
They said that though....based on who you're playing next...and who they might be missing

We're missing our QB and LT.

The Bad Guy
10-22-2006, 08:47 PM
There's no way S.D. should've been in the game playing on the road minus 2 in the turnover department. The (our) defense has to sell out too much to stop anything.....Marty came out playing martyball and that was too predictable and our defense was guessing right and making them look bad....that changed when they opened it up a bit. Give our offense a lot of credit and give them credit for coming back but I mainly credit Marty's opening quarter gameplan for this win.

Of course you credit Marty.

You know why?

Because you're a dickbag.

That's why.