PDA

View Full Version : Things that annoyed me from today's game:

Short Leash Hootie
10-22-2006, 08:16 PM
#1: That bullshit pass interference call against Law. Illegal contact, ok...but that was not a catchable ball.

#2: The offsides call on Jared Allen. I thought he just got a good jump.

#3: 3rd and 1 throw to Samie Parker in the 4th quarter. Yes, it was a completed pass for a nice gain, but what?!? If Huard throws incomplete there I break my roommates big screen TV.

#4: Our defense allowed a 21 yard reception, to Gates, on 3rd and 20. That made me want to cry.

#5: Right before half. Enough said.

#6: That fake double reverse thing to Parker. What the **** was that?

#7: Kris Wilson's false start. Christ dude, Christ.

Ok, that about covers it!

runnercyclist
10-22-2006, 08:18 PM
#8 allowing SD to come back and tie the game.

I sure coulda used a "laugher".

Rain Man
10-22-2006, 08:18 PM
1. I agree.
2. I agree.
3. I don't remember that.
4. I agree.
5. Huh?
6. Huh?
7. It killed me.

While I think the offenses have way too many advantages, I don't think that a lineman should be allowed to jump across the line and then have the offensive player across from him penalized for moving. Who made the greater transgression?

Count Alex's Losses
10-22-2006, 08:19 PM
I was going nuts on that third and 1 call.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-22-2006, 08:20 PM
What annoyed me most was all the San Diego cocksucking the announcers were doing throughout the entire game. They need to get LT the ball, hes soooooo goood, blah blah blah. Never once did they speak about damon huard, our backup quarterback shredding their defense, or Larry Johnson shredding their defense for 132 yards and 2 touchdowns, which they havent allowed a 100 yard rusher in quite some time. If you arent from either of the 2 coasts, you arent shit to national media, which is totally bullshit.

Short Leash Hootie
10-22-2006, 08:21 PM
I had no problem with the announcers today.

The 3rd and 1 call was dumb. Parker almost dropped the friggin' ball, too.

You can call that play when you're in 4 down territory, but they weren't 4 down territory.

I'm all for 'mixing' it up, but not in that situation.

Pitt Gorilla
10-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Packing it in before the half seemed crazy. Granted, I was on the road today and had to listen to the game on the radio, but it didn't make sense. We had timeouts, decent field position and a quarterback that can move the ball in the 2 minute drill. I wonder if Herm re-thought that move after SD tied the game.

ChiefsFire
10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
What annoyed me most was all the San Diego cocksucking the announcers were doing throughout the entire game. They need to get LT the ball, hes soooooo goood, blah blah blah. Never once did they speak about damon huard, our backup quarterback shredding their defense, or Larry Johnson shredding their defense for 132 yards and 2 touchdowns, which they havent allowed a 100 yard rusher in quite some time. If you arent from either of the 2 coasts, you arent shit to national media, which is totally bullshit.

they mentioned several times that Johnson was the last back to go for 100 yds against SD

Jayhawkerman2001
10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
I really really hate it when Herm tries to pull the reins in on Huard. Huard has shown that he can play the damn game, so let him ****ing play!!! Some things herm does just annoys the **** out of me so much, I want to kill him. But he allowed huard go most of the day today, so today he was fine.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
they mentioned several times that Johnson was the last back to go for 100 yds against SD

I did hear them say that, but most of the day was about LT this, LT that, specially after he threw for that TD.

Short Leash Hootie
10-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Packing it in before the half seemed crazy. Granted, I was on the road today and had to listen to the game on the radio, but it didn't make sense. We had timeouts, decent field position and a quarterback that can move the ball in the 2 minute drill. I wonder if Herm re-thought that move after SD tied the game.
It was a bad decision. Very bad. San Diego had no timeouts, so let's say we throw a pick, and they take it to say, our 40 yard line...they still have to go 35 yards in 30 seconds with no timeouts...

Another cool thing about Huard was the way he handled that last drive...he stepped up in that pocket, and delivered some pretty balls to Tony Gonzalez. The dude has started less than a full season worth of games, and has 4 game winning drives. He's clutch.

ChiefsCountry
Good gosh we had the two most homer announcers you could want for a Chiefs national tv game - Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon. They did a good job, and besides LT is the best rb in the NFL he deserves all the pub he gets.

plbrdude
it really annoyed me that my dvr stopped recording with 4min left in the game :mad:

ChiefsFire
10-22-2006, 08:28 PM
it really annoyed me that my dvr stopped recording with 4min left in the game :mad:
you didnt miss much in the last 4 mins.......

dj56dt58
10-22-2006, 08:28 PM
I did hear them say that, but most of the day was about LT this, LT that, specially after he threw for that TD.
I like how they had that little video package ready of LT throwing all those touchdowns. I'm glad they knew it was coming because Gunther sure as hell didn't

KcMizzou
10-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Good gosh we had the two most homer announcers you could want for a Chiefs national tv game - Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon. They did a good job, and besides LT is the best rb in the NFL he deserves all the pub he gets.Harlan made me chuckle at one point. "The Chiefs have their starters in... as does San Diego."

Uh, yeah Kevin. We're 6 minutes into the game. :spock:

Jayhawkerman2001
Good gosh we had the two most homer announcers you could want for a Chiefs national tv game - Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon. They did a good job, and besides LT is the best rb in the NFL he deserves all the pub he gets.

Im guessing you're being sarcastic?

plbrdude
you didnt miss much in the last 4 mins.......

i missed lt drill the 53 yarder

Short Leash Hootie
10-22-2006, 08:30 PM
I usually hate the announcers for Chiefs games...but I think Gannon and Harlan did fine today. Wasn't annoyed about that in the least.

plbrdude
10-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Harlan made me chuckle at one point. "The Chiefs have their starters in... as does San Diego."

he used that several times :)

SPchief
10-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Harlan made me chuckle at one point. "The Chiefs have their starters in... as does San Diego."

Shit, he was doing it at the end of the game.

"Both teams still have all their starters in execpt one."
Imagine that Kevin, its a tie game with 2 minutes left.

Rain Man
10-22-2006, 08:34 PM
he used that several times :)

I kept wondering why he was saying that. Do other teams tend to play their entire second-strings a lot?

cjp27
10-22-2006, 08:34 PM
#1: The fact that I had to cut myself off from the outside world until 6 pm, so I could watch the game on tape.

#2: Covering my face at the airport as I got off my plane so I couldn't see NFL scores as I walked by the Tv's in the airport

#3: Not being able to check my fantasy football team scores until 6:30

I guess I don't have too much to complain about in the big picture. EVERYBODY picked the Chargers to win, and we manged to pull one out, even though it had to be a little more interesting than it should have been.

We now have a win against a legitimate playoff team, so I think that at least validates the Chiefs as a contender for a playoff spot.

Although, I do have to admit, that pass interference call was complete BS. That ball was clearly uncatchable. It almost went through the uprights.

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2006, 08:35 PM
I think Kevin hasn't adjusted to tv very well, alot of that stuff is common from the radio days.

petegz28
Kris Wilson did move...AFTER the defender jumped across the line.

And what about the non-call on roughing the passer when Huard was pulled down WELL AFTER the ball was gone?

milkman
Jared allen was clearly offsides on that play.

Short Leash Hootie
10-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Jared allen was clearly offsides on that play.
I disagree.

He obviously picked up on something from the snap count because he was getting good jumps all game long.

petegz28
10-22-2006, 08:37 PM
I disagree.

He obviously picked up on something from the snap count because he was getting good jumps all game long.

He jumped. I saw it and knew the flag was coming. He was just that much too early.

milkman
10-22-2006, 08:43 PM
He jumped. I saw it and knew the flag was coming. He was just that much too early.

I said he was offsides before I knew there was a flag.

the Talking Can
10-22-2006, 08:45 PM
#3: 3rd and 1 throw to Samie Parker in the 4th quarter. Yes, it was a completed pass for a nice gain, but what?!? If Huard throws incomplete there I break my roommates big screen TV.

that willingness to take that risk is the reason we won today...it's also what was missing in our loss to Denver....at some point in a game you have to roll the dice...I keep thinking Herm has learned that, then he forgets...then he remembers again...etc.

KcMizzou
10-22-2006, 08:52 PM
that willingness to take that risk is the reason we won today...it's also what was missing in our loss to Denver....at some point in a game you have to roll the dice...I keep thinking Herm has learned that, then he forgets...then he remembers again...etc.Yep. Ultra conservative before halftime, yet he let Huard throw two TD passes on first downs.

Archie F. Swin
10-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Brian Waters jump in the 1st half wasn't very helpful either.

CoMoChief
10-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Man I was so pissed off at the end of the half.

Shit if Herman Edwards is so damn terrified of turning the ball over before the half maybe our offense shouldnt even step on the field. Seriously though, his clock management skills are the worst I have ever seen.