PDA

View Full Version : Error McNair

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 08:10 AM
Wow...That was comical watching him trying to play QB in those must pass situations...The guy was completely dumbfounded out there...If he didn't have that defense carrying that team to 10 plus wins he would already be out of the league...I tell you what, Shaun King take a lot of flack for killing TB and much of it deserved but McNair makes King look like Dan Marino in comparison....

Mile High Mania
01-08-2001, 08:12 AM
I don't know if I would go that far... but, it is odd to see how bad he played with the likes of Thigpen, Pickens, Mason, Wycheck and George on his side of the ball.

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 08:14 AM
The only thing he can do is dump the ball off to the TE and RB, he can't throw down field to save his life. He is nothing more than a big running back that lines up behind center...

Cormac
01-08-2001, 08:26 AM
Good post. I couldn't understand the playcalling either though. Why were they dumping short passes over the middle to George and Wycheck late in the 4th quarter when down by 14??? Again and again. Not to mention, the ball sometimes bounced twice on the way to the intended receiver. His throwing was horrible. I thought I saw he had a really swollen elbow though. I don't know if that was for sure (I'd need to see it again), but something must have been up.

I hardly heard Pickens name either........what's up with him? I used to side with him when he was wasting away in Cincy, but now he has no excuse, and he didn't do jack. I honestly thought he wasn't playing until I heard his name called once (I only saw the 2nd half).

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 08:33 AM
That was a mirror image of their playing calling and his performance for the past couple years...The only difference is that their defense usually keeps them in a tight game that allows them to get away with that....

An interesting fact that most people would not realize...Since the 1st game of last season against the Bungles, a Titan WR has gone over 100 yards receiving only once with Error McNair as the starting QB...This guy can't throw accurately or read a defense down field...To his credit, he realizes his limitations and thus only throws the dump passes to the TE and RB...

morphius
01-08-2001, 08:41 AM
I have to say that I'm majorily disappointed in the level of talen at QB on these playoff teams. There is something terribly wrong when the best QB's, other then Manning, are the career backup, Gannon, and the rookie, Culpepper. It has been truly desturbing to wath how bad these guys really suck.

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 08:56 AM
Morph,

What pisses me off is how the media and the NFL for that matter reward bad QB's just because their team in winning...For instance, if Tenn had a average defense they would be 6-10 and everyone would be calling for McNair's head. But despite his bad play the defense is good enough to carry them to a winning season and the media strokes him like he is something special...The same can be said for Shuan King and Dilfer...Those guys would be hanging out with David Klingler if they played for teams like the Bungles...

kcred
01-08-2001, 09:01 AM
Please, your critique can not be complete without mentioning that phenom in Miami. Fiedler's performance had to be one of the worst I have ever seen. Say what you want about Elvis, and I am sure a lot will, but if we get down by 14, I believe we still have a shot at pulling it out, with him and our receivers. After what I saw Saturday, I feel a whole lot better about next years schedule. The AFC East can't be all that much, if Miami is the best they have to offer.

morphius
01-08-2001, 09:05 AM
jl - Agreed. I just have trouble with rewarding QB's for finding their RB's out in the flat and dumping them the ball, KC proved that this formula works with almost any below average QB, but tends to fail in the playoff's. This may well be the worst crop of Qb's to ever grace the field during the playoff's, and I'm having a hard time watching it with screaming and pulling hair out.

Heck, other then 1 drive a game the offenses have not been able to march down the field. Sure some of that is the really good D's, but there have probably been more D scored points or points set up by the D and special teams then there have been by the offenses, and that is really sad.

MrBlond
01-08-2001, 09:08 AM
No wonder Marty came back. He looks at Baltimore, NY Giants, Tennessee, Miami, New Orleans, Philly, and the Raiders deep into the playoffs and says to himself..."The league finally has come around to my way of thinking!!"

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 09:12 AM
KCRed,

You are very correct...Add Fiedler to the list of McNair,King,Dilfer and the like...

What cracks me up is that these teams win despite very bad QB play so they are afraid to make a change...They always say things like "we are winning and we don't want to mess up the chemistry...." blah,blah,blah

If the Fins, Ravens, Titans or Bucs had any kind of QB at all they would have been 14-2.

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 09:21 AM
McError going to the pro bowl ahead of Elvis....I didn't expect them to prove me right so soon on my previous statment:

"What pisses me off is how the media and the NFL for that matter reward bad QB's just because their team in winning.."

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 10:31 AM
The Real Music City Miracle:

The fact that Error McNair is employed in the NFL as anything other than a jock washer...