PDA

View Full Version : HemiEd, Bigfoot, Interstate Retards and Other Random Thoughts

Frazod
10-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Just got in from KC. Long friggin drive and I'm tired, so I'm all about consolidation. Here goes.

1. I promised HemiEd that I'd start a Kris Wilson thread. Here it is. I thought Big Foot was hiding in the Pacific Northwest, but apparently he's been in the west endzone all along. Congratulations to Ed and Wilson. Who? :D

2. I'm convinced that 1 driver in 5 on I-70 in Missouri is either retarded or a complete dick, or maybe both. THE FAST LANE IS FOR PASSING YOU DOUCHEBAGS! The worst offenders really do seem to be in Missouri. Not something to be proud of. Of course, in Illinois on I-55, there was a rash of morons who would pass me and then slow down so I'd have to pass them. Over and over and over and over. I set the cruise control, so I drive at a constant speed. It really isn't that hard. Instead, some dick passes me, slows down, I pass them, then they ride my ass, I speed up to get away from them, resume my normal speed, they slowly creep up, and do the whole damn thing again. This happened with about 10 different vehicles. F#cking assholes. :#

3. Great game, in retrospect. Love the win over the favored Chargers, who remain, I assume, the greatest team ever in the history of the NFL that never did a goddamn thing. Solari needs the nuthooks for calling that pass on 2nd and 5 in the 4th quarter. And Dante just needs cut. I really don't know how much longer his runt ass can survive on shit he did three years ago. He makes horrible decisions and did his damnedest to lose that game all by himself. Enough.

4. BAYLOR? ROFL The Gayhawks lost to BAYLOR? ROFL Sorry I missed that one.

5. Speaking of useless runts, HEY ECKSTEIN, if you're too damned injured to play effectively, DON'T PLAY. 4321 Oh well, at least the Cards got a split in Detroit, but they did put a damper on what was otherwise a perfect sports weekend - losses by Nebraska, both Kansas teams, and wins by the Chiefs, Mizzou and the Cards (on Saturday). Oh well, I guess 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

6. Baylor ROFL Don't you get kicked out of the Conference if you lose to Baylor? You should.

7. Parker. You suck. You were supposed to show up at the game.

8. Dole has definitely lost his burst. Next year, you are limited to drinking O'Douls. :D

9. Hats off to Nzoner and the Mrs. for hosting the party. A great time was had by all. :thumb: It was nice seeing everybody else, too.

10. GoodDaySir!/BelowAverage was a no show. Sadly, no one attempted to "Go Geathers" on me. Bummer.

11. Baylor ROFL

That is all.

Short Leash Hootie
10-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Hall pissed me off today, perhaps he should only return punts...

That being said, I wouldn't cut him because I think he's a good receiver...honestly.

Tactical Funky
10-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Good post, minus the proverbial "rubbing-of-the-salt-in-the-wound" statement about the Jayhawks throwing away a game they really should have won. :banghead:

*picks up a small, furry woodland creature and punches it in the face*

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Cut Dante? yeah okay

Short Leash Hootie
10-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Cut Dante? yeah okay
he's probably going to retire after the game he had today, don't you think?

Frazod
10-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Good post, minus the proverbial "rubbing-of-the-salt-in-the-wound" statement about the Jayhawks throwing away a game they really should have won. :banghead:

*picks up a small, furry woodland creature and punches it in the face*

Sorry, but I've been holding that in since Saturday afternoon. :)

Tactical Funky
10-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Sorry, but I've been holding that in since Saturday afternoon. :)
It's all good, man.

I sometimes feel like pulling the cliched "wait for basketball season to begin" phrase out of my arsenal, but I'm a huge fan of football in general and I'd like to see KU referred to as something other than a "basketball school" for once in my freakin' life.

:cuss:

Sadly, being a fan of the Chiefs has hardened me to the ways of futility... :shake:

luv
10-23-2006, 12:27 AM
2. I'm convinced that 1 driver in 5 on I-70 in Missouri is either retarded or a complete dick, or maybe both. THE FAST LANE IS FOR PASSING YOU DOUCHEBAGS! The worst offenders really do seem to be in Missouri. Not something to be proud of. Of course, in Illinois on I-55, there was a rash of morons who would pass me and then slow down so I'd have to pass them. Over and over and over and over. I set the cruise control, so I drive at a constant speed. It really isn't that hard. Instead, some dick passes me, slows down, I pass them, then they ride my ass, I speed up to get away from them, resume my normal speed, they slowly creep up, and do the whole damn thing again. This happened with about 10 different vehicles. F#cking assholes. :#

Welcome to Missouri driving.

I faced the same issues when I used to drive back and forth to Memphis every weekend. Moronic drivers. Whenever I was on the two lane highways going through Arkansas, I used to see if I could catch up to any big rigs before getting to the next passing zone.

keg in kc
10-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Tim, make sure you catch Friday's Battlestar Galactica soon. I'd say it was the best episode since '33' way back at the start of season 1.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Tim, make sure you catch Friday's Battlestar Galactica soon. I'd say it was the best episode since '33' way back at the start of season 1.

Actually, we were able to watch it at our hotel in St. Joe Friday night. Watched it twice, actually. Maybe the best episode ever. My previous favorite had been the one where Adm. Kane got whacked.

I'm off to bed. Later.

Inspector
10-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Uh...the left lane is for passing???

Doh!

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-23-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm convinced that 1 driver in 5 on I-70 in Missouri is either retarded or a complete dick, or maybe both. THE FAST LANE IS FOR PASSING YOU DOUCHEBAGS! The worst offenders really do seem to be in Missouri. Not something to be proud of. Of course, in Illinois on I-55, there was a rash of morons who would pass me and then slow down so I'd have to pass them. Over and over and over and over. I set the cruise control, so I drive at a constant speed. It really isn't that hard. Instead, some dick passes me, slows down, I pass them, then they ride my ass, I speed up to get away from them, resume my normal speed, they slowly creep up, and do the whole damn thing again. This happened with about 10 different vehicles. F#cking assholes.
A similar thing happened to me a few years back on I-29 coming back from KC. Some woman in a Mercedes just insisted on being in front of me even though she was traveling at a lower speed. After about 10 times of that I finally had enough and did about 80 mph until I couldn't see her headlights behind me anymore. And people wonder why road rage is such a problem.

Bill Parcells
10-23-2006, 08:00 AM

Dude..I drove I-70 from St Louis to Columbus one time and I agree whole heartedly...I also took that route from St louis to Chicago..that was way too fun

Although..it's still better than driving on the east coast :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: