PDA

View Full Version : Dante Hall...

penguinz
10-23-2006, 03:32 AM
The midget needs to be removed from return duty. He tried his best to lose this game for us. He has one lucky year and he thinks he can do it all himself.

His temper tantrums he throws after getting tackled is getting really old also. The guy has a serious case of short persons syndrome.

KCChiefsMan
10-23-2006, 03:36 AM
he's still pretty damn good at punt returns, except for that one today where he didn't he field it

ChiefFan31
10-23-2006, 03:38 AM
The midget needs to be removed from return duty. He tried his best to lose this game for us. He has one lucky year and he thinks he can do it all himself.

His temper tantrums he throws after getting tackled is getting really old also. The guy has a serious case of short persons syndrome.

I have read a few threads this evening, but not all of them. I did notice that Dante got benched at the end of the game. Eddie was back there, plus Rod Gardner was in as the third wide.

Did he get knocked silly at one point in the game? Anyone?

He straight up misdjudged a couple of kicks and let them hit the ground. Yes, he made bad judement errors today, and does deserve to get some shit, but flat out missing twice?

penguinz
10-23-2006, 03:58 AM
I did notice that Dante got benched at the end of the game. After the last return he had he got up holding his calf. Probably trying to fake an injury to take the focus off of his pathetic play.

Simply Red
10-23-2006, 07:47 AM
Though he's done some great things for this team; I have to agree with you.

IA_Chiefs_fan
10-23-2006, 07:53 AM
How would you like to be the special teams teammate that goes to help Hall up and has to stand there and wait 20 seconds while Dante finishes beating the hell out of the ground and crying... on every single return? I love Hall as a returner, but he's about my least favorite Chief. I don't know why we try so hard to make him a receiver.

MOhillbilly
10-23-2006, 08:03 AM
his run blocking skills are so-so at best.

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 08:06 AM
JEEEZZZZ, lets pile on the dude. He had a bad game. Maybe he is over the hill but he's also gave me some really great Chief moments to forever remember.

I'll not join in on this dogpile and you guys should back off on kicking him while he's down. :harumph:

MOhillbilly
10-23-2006, 08:09 AM
JEEEZZZZ, lets pile on the dude. He had a bad game. Maybe he is over the hill but he's also gave me some really great Chief moments to forever remember.

I'll not join in on this dogpile and you guys should back off on kicking him while he's down. :harumph:

we dog pile everything else.

if a guy sucks or has lost his touch we shouldnt have to put up w/ one good year.
see eric hicks....

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 08:10 AM

Good advice-it was not Dante's fault their Offense rolled us the second half.

penguinz
10-23-2006, 09:04 AM

I'll not join in on this dogpile and you guys should back off on kicking him while he's down. :harumph:it is not just a bad game. He has been average at best ever since his break out season.

redsurfer11
10-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Quit complaining, Tampa Bay hasn't had a kick return for a TD in their history.

jspchief
10-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Benching Hall due to his performance is the equivalent of benching LJ due to his performance.

Both have made stupid mistakes and played below their potential... do you want to bench LJ?

Bowser
10-23-2006, 09:23 AM
What the hell? Bench Dante....Ty Law is a bust.....when is someone going to call for Trent Green to get cut because he can't take a hit?

Damn.

penguinz
10-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Benching Hall due to his performance is the equivalent of benching LJ due to his performance.

Both have made stupid mistakes and played below their potential... do you want to bench LJ?
Hall has not perfomed well returnign kicks for the past 2 seasons. His play yesterday should get him benched. Not to mention that he acts like a 4 year old when he gets tackled.

jspchief
10-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Hall has not perfomed well returnign kicks for the past 2 seasons. His play yesterday should get him benched. Not to mention that he acts like a 4 year old when he gets tackled.I'm not a big fan of his fits either, but I'm not sure how that plays into his ability to play professional football.

He's 4th in the league in punt return average and has a TD already. His Kick-off returns haven't been as good, and I'm OK with giving Webb some more looks (he looked good in relief of Hall), but I think it's premature to be calling for Hall to be benched.

He had a bad game. Larry Johnson has had numerous games where his fumbles lost it or almost lost it for us. Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good.

FAX
10-23-2006, 09:52 AM
At this point, I think I would turn my attention to our return blocking. If Dante had a seam, I think he would probably try and run through it.

FAX

DaFace
10-23-2006, 09:54 AM
What the hell? Bench Dante....Ty Law is a bust.....when is someone going to call for Trent Green to get cut because he can't take a hit?

Damn.

I tend to be quiet for a few days after every game (win or loss) for this reason. Seems like every player that has a bad game needs to be crucified, while every player that has a good team will take us to the superbowl. It's incredible how myopic this place is sometimes.

penguinz
10-23-2006, 09:55 AM
At this point, I think I would turn my attention to our return blocking. If Dante had a seam, I think he would probably try and run through it.

FAXMost fo the time he does not give a seam a chance to develop before he starts trying to 'improvise'.

And his return from deep in the endzone was inexcusable. Should have been benched the rest of the game just for that.

FAX
10-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Most fo the time he does not give a seam a chance to develop before he starts trying to 'improvise'.

And his return from deep in the endzone was inexcusable. Should have been benched the rest of the game just for that.

You may be right about the improvisation, Mr. penguinz. And, of course the endzone return looks like a terrible decision unless he breaks it, I agree. Then again, he may be suffering from LJ disease at this point. Who is his lead on returns, anyway? I've lost count. Frankly, I've felt that Dante hasn't been himself since the loss of Derrick Blaylock.

Oh, and please stop calling me "Most fo".

FAX

Kerberos
10-23-2006, 10:15 AM

This would be known as "Ceasars Syndrome" IIRC.

I don't think he has any syndrome I think he is frustrated and needs to just calm the **** down and just run the ball straight. He knows he has a target on his back and he is NOT going to get great run backs everytime he touches the ball. He is just frustrated. I can feel his pain because I am frustrated for him as well.

It may have been one lucky year but we have had some great returns from him since as well. He has a bad streak for a few games without giving us the ball on the openents side of the 50 and you are ready to pull him for someone else? :shake:

Give him a chance he is going through a dry spell just like LJ did. He will have more great moments than bad games IMO.