PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock: Sometimes, Passion Isn't A Good Thing (Chiefs players and sex toys!)

keg in kc
10-23-2006, 04:06 AM
ROFL

You can't make this stuff up...

Sometimes, passion isn’t a good thing (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15824927.htm)

By Jason Whitlock
Posted on Mon, Oct. 23, 2006

The Chiefs played with renewed passion Sunday, thanks in large part to Herm Edwards’ passionate bashing of the team on Wednesday for its Saturday-night, Passion Party behavior in Pittsburgh.

OK, you might be confused. That’s a lot of passion getting tossed around in one sentence. Let me try to clear this up.

The Chiefs knocked off the team perceived by many as the best in the AFC, the San Diego Chargers, 30-27 inside Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday.

Kansas City’s victory and 30-point outburst seemed particularly shocking given how poorly the team played last week during a 45-7 loss to the Steelers.

However, the seeds for Sunday’s redemption were planted on Wednesday when Edwards verbally shredded the entire team because a handful of Chiefs players socialized with Passion Party consultants (women who are host to all-female, sex-toy sales parties in their homes) at the Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt, the team hotel, the night before their game against the Steelers.

Passion Party, the Avon of sex toys, held a Friday-Saturday seminar for more than 200 of its consultants at the Airport Hyatt. According to the Passion Party spokeswoman I interviewed last week, seven to 10 Chiefs players joined 30 consultants in a simulated sales party Saturday night. The players, the spokeswoman said, bought a few toys and left the party before 10 p.m.

In the locker room after Kansas City’s victory over the Chargers, Edwards confirmed to me that he did address and berate his players about their behavior and lack of focus the night before the Pittsburgh game.

Two Chiefs players, Jared Allen and Brian Waters, also spoke with me about Edwards’ Wednesday rant and the team’s lack of maturity in Pittsburgh.

“We had a great week of preparation (for Pittsburgh),” Waters said. “And guys just have to understand how critical it is to be focused on Saturday and Sunday. You can have a good time on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. But when we leave here on Saturday, it has to be all football.”

Allen added: “I can’t speak for everybody, but you just hope people’s focus wasn’t bothered.”

Based on what we just witnessed Sunday — KC’s inspired performance against San Diego — it’s impossible to believe that a lack of focus didn’t contribute to what we saw in Pittsburgh.

After the Pittsburgh game, I asked three Chiefs players — Sammy Knight, Lenny Walls and Waters — whether the Chiefs “kicked it” the night before the game. Knight and Walls laughed at me and said it was preposterous to think the Chiefs didn’t take the Steelers seriously.

Hmm. It appears the Chiefs thought they could relax a little bit Saturday night because they were playing a late-afternoon game on the East Coast. The Pittsburgh game kicked at 3 p.m. Central rather than noon.

“I don’t know what all happened,” said Waters, who was not involved in the Passion Party. “You hear lots of rumors.”

My point in bringing all of this up is to say there’s reason to trust what you saw from the Chiefs against the Chargers. Maybe we should throw out the Pittsburgh game altogether. It was an aberration. I regret what I wrote after the game. (Yes, King Carl, that’s as close as you’re going to get to an apology from me.)

The Chiefs probably aren’t as good as they looked on Sunday, but they’re certainly not as bad as they played in Pittsburgh, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

The Chiefs made a subtle defensive adjustment against the Chargers. Edwards and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham left their best defenders out on the field for more snaps. Walls didn’t rotate in at corner for Ty Law and Patrick Surtain in KC’s base defense. Safety Knight stayed on the field for most snaps. Allen and Tamba Hali took fewer breaks.

Kansas City’s defense might have been a little worn out by the fourth quarter — San Diego scored 14 points in the fourth — but the defense helped the Chiefs build a 20-6 halftime lead.

That halftime lead should have been bigger had Edwards and his offensive assistants been on the same page just before the break. Kansas City wasted its final possession of the half when quarterback Damon Huard failed to get KC’s hurry-up offense going. With three timeouts and a minute on the clock, Edwards waved frantically for the offense to get to the line of scrimmage, and Huard told his teammates to stay in the huddle.

The Chiefs wasted 20 seconds, then changed their minds and just let the clock run out. Kansas City had a 14-point lead over an AFC powerhouse, and the Arrowhead Stadium crowd booed loudly as the Chiefs walked to the locker room.

I guess everyone was filled with passion on Sunday, even the fans.

Braincase
10-23-2006, 06:46 AM
Doomed to self-detonating destruction due to debauched distractions of dildo-dealing debutantes. Dammit Carl!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 06:51 AM
No wonder we couldn't tackle. Our secondary was covered in KY Jelly.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 07:31 AM
They played like a bunch of dildo's.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Herm is the biggest DILDO for all his mistakes during the games this year. Miscommunication, bad clock management, putting LJ back in to get 100 yards in the Frisco game, stoopid press conferences.

the Talking Can
10-23-2006, 08:00 AM
we lost to Pitt because of ass beads?

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 08:04 AM

Yep that is why Ty fell down-he forgot to take them out.

Iowanian
10-23-2006, 10:02 AM

Its possible...alot of players ran like they still had them in.

It makes sense....Pittsburg did pretty much ride the Chiefs like a sybian.
Who knew that Roethisberger was a squirter....

TN_Chief
10-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Good to see our boys trying to pick up the slack from the Vikings.

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 10:16 AM
You know that the Steelers put them there on purpose. We should learn from this and send sex workers to the KC airport when other visiting teams arrive.

ck_IN
10-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Ok someone please explain to me why and how such a veteran team could allow this to happen?

A sex toy party the night before a game? Where is the self policing that vet teams should and usually do have? Utterly amazing.

Simplex3
10-23-2006, 10:23 AM
You know that the Steelers put them there on purpose. We should learn from this and send sex workers to the KC airport when other visiting teams arrive.
Just don't forget to send in the male prostitutes when the Donks come to town. GoChiefs will know the number.

NTTAWWT.

InChiefsHell
10-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Did anyone else think that one of the guys involved HAD to be Boomer? I figured Jared Allen would have been there to...

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I simply can't imagine this scenario without imagining Jared Allen in the middle of it.

Phobia
10-23-2006, 10:43 AM
This is the story I promised you guys last Friday. The version I was going to tell was quite a bit more tame. But our publisher and Scout execs decided not to publish it.

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
vailpass, listopencil, and Garcia Bronco are gonna have a field day with this little nugget

Count Alex's Wins
10-23-2006, 11:29 AM
This is the story I promised you guys last Friday. The version I was going to tell was quite a bit more tame. But our publisher and Scout execs decided not to publish it.

I can verify this. It's a shame, too, because Phil had a real scoop. He would have been the first.

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Why was Phil at the party?

InChiefsHell
10-23-2006, 11:35 AM
I can verify this. It's a shame, too, because Phil had a real scoop. He would have been the first.

So who all was involved? Or do we know for sure?

Calcountry
10-23-2006, 11:39 AM
You know that the Steelers put them there on purpose. We should learn from this and send sex workers to the KC airport when other visiting teams arrive.Somebody has been listening to Lawrence Taylor's seminar on "How to weaken an opponent the night before a game."

Calcountry
10-23-2006, 11:41 AM
This is the story I promised you guys last Friday. The version I was going to tell was quite a bit more tame. But our publisher and Scout execs decided not to publish it.That's just great, claim a scoop, after Whitlock of all people scoops you.

If you had the story and spiked it, then you didn't have the story. You just make yourself look weak by claiming after it goes public.

jspchief
10-23-2006, 11:41 AM
So name names. Let's see if the performances on the field jive with the accusations.

ChiefsFanatic
10-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Ok someone please explain to me why and how such a veteran team could allow this to happen?

I can tell you from experience, once the blood flow leaves the brain, and heads south, your ability to make good, sound decisions severely decreases.

Count Alex's Wins
10-23-2006, 11:43 AM
If you had the story and spiked it, then you didn't have the story.

Phil's information was identical to Whitlock's.

Count Alex's Wins
10-23-2006, 11:44 AM
So who all was involved? Or do we know for sure?

The Passion Party reps that Phil talked to refused to name names.

Bootlegged
10-23-2006, 11:46 AM
DJ, Edwards, Samie and Tynes

Calcountry
10-23-2006, 11:48 AM
The Passion Party reps that Phil talked to refused to name names.So did Phil drop the dime to Whitlock?

Demonpenz
10-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Sales reps already had a repore with the chiefs since johnny morton was one of their biggest buyers.

vailpass
10-23-2006, 11:55 AM
ROFL

You can't make this stuff up...

Sometimes, passion isn’t a good thing (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15824927.htm)

By Jason Whitlock
Posted on Mon, Oct. 23, 2006

Passion Party, the Avon of sex toys, held a Friday-Saturday seminar for more than 200 of its consultants at the Airport Hyatt. According to the Passion Party spokeswoman I interviewed last week, seven to 10 Chiefs players joined 30 consultants in a simulated sales party Saturday night. The players, the spokeswoman said, bought a few toys and left the party before 10 p.m.

What's the BFD here? A few players hung out with a few sales women and turned in before curfew. No hard partying, gun play, or fighting.
What if the girls had been selling bibles instead of butt plugs; would this even have been a story?

Count Alex's Wins
10-23-2006, 11:58 AM
That's sort of the way I look at it, vailpass, but Whitlock apparently thinks there is something to it, given the discrepancy in performance. I think he has a point.

RINGLEADER
10-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Doomed to self-detonating destruction due to debauched distractions of dildo-dealing debutantes. Dammit Carl!

I nominate for post of the year...

Deberg_1990
10-23-2006, 12:03 PM
That's sort of the way I look at it, vailpass, but Whitlock apparently thinks there is something to it, given the discrepancy in performance. I think he has a point.

This is why i want to see names. That way we can compare poor performance and see if they match up.

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 12:43 PM
What's the BFD here? A few players hung out with a few sales women and turned in before curfew. No hard partying, gun play, or fighting.
What if the girls had been selling bibles instead of butt plugs; would this even have been a story?

If the Bibles were intended for anal insertion during sex, I bet it would've been a huge story.

Phobia
10-23-2006, 12:44 PM
That's just great, claim a scoop, after Whitlock of all people scoops you.

If you had the story and spiked it, then you didn't have the story. You just make yourself look weak by claiming after it goes public.

The point of that post wasn't to claim the scoop. The point was to explain why, after I hyped the story last Thursday that it didn't appear on Warpaint. I guess it was viewed as a tad too controversial.

I'm not a scoop monster. I don't really care about that. If I were all about the scoop, I'd have run something last Tuesday. I wanted to get the information right. FWIW, my story was quite a bit more tame.

vailpass
10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
If the Bibles were intended for anal insertion during sex, I bet it would've been a huge story.

LMAO No wonder the chicks all dig you.

Lzen
10-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Why was Phil at the party?

Ass beads.

jwhit
10-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Phobia has a right to claim the scoop. No big deal.... His story wasn't tame. And his story didn't have confirmation from the head coach and players. But Phobia certainly knew the connection between Passion Party and the Chiefs poor play.

Boyceofsummer
10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
they were physically compromised. To much 'jackin the hammer' the night before the game. Physics is a bitch. :holdman:

TinyEvel
10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
We have proof that Tynes was there, too!

Easy 6
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM

A sex toy party the night before a game? Where is the self policing that vet teams should and usually do have? Utterly amazing.
Thats a BIG 10-4, unreal...its a business trip and these guys are pro's, i've sure heard of worse but nonetheless very disappointing. Like they dont have enough time to paint the city red in the off-season, they are paid millions to focus on football.

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Phobia has a right to claim the scoop. No big deal.... His story wasn't tame. And his story didn't have confirmation from the head coach and players. But Phobia certainly knew the connection between Passion Party and the Chiefs poor play.

If we ever make it to the Super Bowl, I hope it's not being held in New Orleans.

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Thats a BIG 10-4, unreal...its a business trip and these guys are pro's, i've sure heard of worse but nonetheless very disappointing. Like they dont have enough time to paint the city red in the off-season, they are paid millions to focus on football.

Yeah thats true but if you are in 20s male and the T&A is flowing you let your one head do all the talking.

Easy 6
10-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah thats true but if you are in 20s male and the T&A is flowing you let your one head do all the talking.
I agree, cant imagine what i would've been like as a millionaire celeb in my 20's, but thats why i agree with ck_IN's post, i would like to think the vet leaders would squash that idea assuming some knew about it.

the Talking Can
10-23-2006, 03:51 PM

yeah, we care about the boys at WPI..really...thanks for keeping us informed, we were worried....

Brock
10-23-2006, 04:01 PM

And if he didn't report it, I'm sure it has nothing to do with his nuts being kept in a jar.

Stewie
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
I heard it on good authority that the Chiefs players were there selling "D" batteries for the Boy Scouts.

Phobia
10-23-2006, 04:52 PM
And if he didn't report it, I'm sure it has nothing to do with his nuts being kept in a jar.

I'd love to air my dirty laundry which would prove otherwise but I'm learning discernment in my old age. Funny post, though Brock. You rarely disappoint.

the Talking Can
10-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I'd love to air my dirty laundry which would prove otherwise

you might as well, just another thread ruined by WPI employees insisting on telling us about the days and nights of WPI employees.....

Phobia
10-23-2006, 05:08 PM
You wouldn't happen to be my ex-wife would you, Talking Can?

KcMizzou
10-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Exactly. This is a non-issue in my mind.

SNR
10-23-2006, 05:15 PM
I guess the analogy "playing the game of football is like making love to a beautiful woman"

Calcountry
10-23-2006, 05:19 PM
The point of that post wasn't to claim the scoop. The point was to explain why, after I hyped the story last Thursday that it didn't appear on Warpaint. I guess it was viewed as a tad too controversial.

I'm not a scoop monster. I don't really care about that. If I were all about the scoop, I'd have run something last Tuesday. I wanted to get the information right. FWIW, my story was quite a bit more tame.Thats all well and good. What I was trying to say is, that if you spike the story, for whatever reason, then leave it there. If someone else runs with it, after that decision has been made, you keep your spiking in house. You don't go out and say, we had that, but decided to spike it.

Can't you at least see, how that weakens your credibility, the next time you have a "story"?

Why did you hype the story in the first place if you weren't going to run with it?

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 05:21 PM
I guess the analogy "playing the game of football is like making love to a beautiful woman"

...in both cases you're grabbing someone's genitals at the bottom of a pile...?

Phobia
10-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I didn't think they'd spike it. Why else?

Logical
10-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Phil's information was identical to Whitlock's.

Frankly the story is stupid, Phil was better off that it never ran. Whitlock sounds like a prude making excuses for his going overboard with the previous story.

Logical
10-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Does anyone really believe we got obliterated by the Steelers because some adults attended a sex toy party?

This is the most bogus piece of shit story I can imagine.

Phobia
10-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Whitlock's information was similar. My angle was much different.

Count Alex's Wins
10-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Does anyone really believe we got obliterated by the Steelers because some adults attended a sex toy party?

This is the most bogus piece of shit story I can imagine.

How else do you account for the discrepancy in performance? There was clearly something that made the Chiefs play so badly. They aren't that bad.

Short Leash Hootie
10-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Phil, I'm sure you still have the article...post it for us to read.

Redcoats58
10-23-2006, 07:04 PM
How else do you account for the discrepancy in performance? There was clearly something that made the Chiefs play so badly. They aren't that bad.

Apparently they are. No sex party that ended at 10 PM the night before the game made them play like shit. Next you're gonna tell me that Ty Law slipped on that play because there was KY jelly smeared on the field and that tackle LJ made on Polamalu by his hair was the result of some kinky sex act the night before.

tjspassion
10-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I can't believe how so much was made out of nothing. I was one of the consultants at the "mock party" that some of the players crashed, and they only listened to a few minutes of the presentation, and the rest of the time they were sharing some laughs, talking, and taking pictures with fans. Only about 8 players were there, so what's the excuse for the rest of the players? It was just an unfortunate bad game, and it's really sad that people have to try and place the blame on someone other than the team and the coach.

This "mock party" was being held for some of our newer consultants, and no one else was invited. We were of course thrilled to meet them, and it was all very innocent, and the guys were all very nice, and didn't get out of line at all. They didn't stay that long, and left way before curfew. What is the big deal? Passion Parties is a very professional tasteful company, and I'm proud to be a part of it. This whole story, somehow blaming their loss on us is totally ridiculous!

KcMizzou
10-27-2006, 02:11 PM
I can't believe how so much was made out of nothing. I was one of the consultants at the "mock party" that some of the players crashed, and they only listened to a few minutes of the presentation, and the rest of the time they were sharing some laughs, talking, and taking pictures with fans. Only about 8 players were there, so what's the excuse for the rest of the players? It was just an unfortunate bad game, and it's really sad that people have to try and place the blame on someone other than the team and the coach.

This "mock party" was being held for some of our newer consultants, and no one else was invited. We were of course thrilled to meet them, and it was all very innocent, and the guys were all very nice, and didn't get out of line at all. They didn't stay that long, and left way before curfew. What is the big deal? Passion Parties is a very professional tasteful company, and I'm proud to be a part of it. This whole story, somehow blaming their loss on us is totally ridiculous!Aha... so it's all your fault.
:harumph:

Easy 6
10-27-2006, 02:15 PM

This "mock party" was being held for some of our newer consultants, and no one else was invited. We were of course thrilled to meet them, and it was all very innocent, and the guys were all very nice, and didn't get out of line at all. They didn't stay that long, and left way before curfew. What is the big deal? Passion Parties is a very professional tasteful company, and I'm proud to be a part of it. This whole story, somehow blaming their loss on us is totally ridiculous!
We are not known as a forgiving bunch around here...buuuuuuuuuut if you were to see fit to post a pic of yourself i'm sure we could arrange something.

InChiefsHell
10-27-2006, 02:23 PM

Exactly! I totally agree! You have been totally mis-represented here!

...so...what are you wearing? :drool:

FAX
10-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Do you offer anything for girls with enormous vaginas?

FAX

Easy 6
10-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Exactly! I totally agree! You have been totally mis-represented here!

...so...what are you wearing? :drool:
I'm afraid we have driven her far, far away ICH, BTW she's a lil' late to the defense, that was a big issue for like 6 maybe 7 hours tops. Still think all female Planeteers should be given instant ICON staus if they post pics of themselves in black mini's.

SPchief
10-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Do you offer anything for girls with enormous vaginas?

FAX
:eek:

Easy 6
10-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Come back sex toy lady...........................................

tjspassion
10-27-2006, 02:48 PM
I only posted to try and clear up the situation. These guys were perfect gentlemen, didn't drink and they were very genuine. It was great meeting them, and I now follow their games, and I'm not usually a football fan. They crashed our party, but that was the extent of it. There was nothing obsene, no hooking up, no anything but pictures and some laughs. The fact that we were with Passion Parties, turned the whole thing into something it wasn't. There was a huge religious convention at the hotel at the same time, so if it was them that the players were talking to, then what?

Easy 6
10-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Well thanx for clearing it all up. If i were king o' the world i wouldnt want my players doin' jack squat the night before the game, but it is nice to hear that they carried themselves like gentlemen. Say...dont i know you from somewhere???...no???, cant blame a guy for tryin'.