PDA

View Full Version : Good game yesterday (Bolt fan here)

caffeinated_virus
10-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Good game yesterday guys. You definitely game out with some fire. I definitely give props to that.

I didn't expect the scoring to be this high but after watching the game again on my DVR, I keep scratching my head gonig WTF was our defense doing? Why weren't we double covering Gonzalez...he roamed freely yesterday. And our Run defense decided not to show up yesterday.

Overall, I was very pleased with the play of our QB Rivers, who I think grew leaps and bounds yesterday playing in such a hostile environment. Your defense threw a lot of different looks and he is smart enough to learn from that. He took some shots (the only hit I am upset with is the play where I think your MLB and a DL had a hold of him, in the air and then threw him to the ground...I thought it would have been a flag for unnecessary roughness because the play was over.) In this league, you need to protect the QB and as Chief fans who have gone through the incident with Green and Geathers, I think you can relate. Other than that, I think everything else was clean. In the end, I think Rivers is going to be a star in this league. IF we can only get some better OL protection for him. :cuss:

now, it looks like we lost both our starting OLB for awhile...great...hopefully we can pull it together. :banghead:

Just make sure you beat the hold crud out of the Donks...I hate them more than any team in this league and their cheating coach Shannarat! Put a beat down on them and we will oblige as well.

Good game again guys.

Cheers

CV

Simplex3
10-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Are you on roids too?

OnTheWarpath58
10-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Are you on roids too?

:clap: :clap:

caffeinated_virus
10-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Are you on roids too?

the caffeinated kind. :)

Simplex3
10-23-2006, 09:29 AM
the caffeinated kind. :)
:)

So on a serious note, you need to make sure that LT and Gates don't wind up at any sex toy parties the night before a game, I start them both on my fantasy team. I'm holding you personally accountable.

caffeinated_virus
10-23-2006, 09:33 AM
:)

So on a serious note, you need to make sure that LT and Gates don't wind up at any sex toy parties the night before a game, I start them both on my fantasy team. I'm holding you personally accountable.

As long as they are not in Minnesota and nobody is renting a boat, I think I can do pretty good though. If for any reason, they end up in Minnesota, all bets are off.

Hog Farmer
10-23-2006, 09:34 AM
You're going about this all wrong. You are supposed to come on here and tell us we suck and the Chargers just had a bad day and the refs blew it and we were cheating!

caffeinated_virus
10-23-2006, 09:40 AM
You're going about this all wrong. You are supposed to come on here and tell us we suck and the Chargers just had a bad day and the refs blew it and we were cheating!

Ya, your right. Let me re-do this thread.

Hey mods, can we delete this thread please? I need to re-do it properly. ROFL Just kidding.

Your record should be better. If you keep playing like you did yesterday, could be a 3 way race to the AFC West championship. But as long as both the Chiefs and Bolts knock off the Donks, they can be a very distant third.

DId I tell you I can't stand the Donks? Ya, I really can't.

Brock
10-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Rivers is a better QB than I ever thought he would be.

King_Chief_Fan
10-23-2006, 09:53 AM
The post confused me some as it's title would indicate congratulating the Chiefs on their play. What I heard was a few excuses (but not bad) and then the joys of having Rivers as a QB. (by the way, he is going to be good)

and then finally, the real reason charger fan comes: Please beat the Donks for us. Well, we obliged the horse meat lovers request to beat the Chargers, turn about is fair play.

Seriously, thanks for coming by.....we will talk again in a few weeks I think.

DaFace
10-23-2006, 09:55 AM
I...I...don't know how to react. When opponents come around after the game, someone's supposed to be bitch-slapping someone else. Who do you think you are, coming in her all cordial? I think my head's going to explode.

Seriously, though, welcome to the board. Thanks for not being an ass. :D

caffeinated_virus
10-23-2006, 09:59 AM
I...I...don't know how to react. When opponents come around after the game, someone's supposed to be bitch-slapping someone else. Who do you think you are, coming in her all cordial? I think my head's going to explode.

Seriously, though, welcome to the board. Thanks for not being an ass. :D

Appreciate the kind words.

I think the Chiefs are a very good team. Always have. I was surprised at what happened in Pittsburgh and had this sinking feeling that game would be huge motivator for the Chiefs.

Your defense is vastly improved from the previous years. I was impressed with your rookie Tambi Hali(?). Quick off the line and put constant pressure on Rivers.

We were just outplayed and outcoached yesterday. Period.

With Green coming back, things are really looking up for the Chiefs.

We can all agree though; the Donkeys fuggin suck. :p

Good luck next week and we will see you in San Diego, December 17th.

cheers

morphius
10-23-2006, 10:00 AM
I was happy to see the Chiefs OL hold up against the Chargers D. All the turnovers helped as well.

I was expecting a flag on that sack as well, I guess they tried to make up for it by calling a false start on us when trying to kick the game winner why the Chargers clearly jumped early.

Chiefs had to have this game, and other then 3rd and 4th down D I think played pretty well.

kaplin42
10-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Was a great game. Rivers is going to be an exceptional QB.

Calcountry
10-23-2006, 10:30 AM
I was happy to see the Chiefs OL hold up against the Chargers D. All the turnovers helped as well.

I was expecting a flag on that sack as well, I guess they tried to make up for it by calling a false start on us when trying to kick the game winner why the Chargers clearly jumped early.

Chiefs had to have this game, and other then 3rd and 4th down D I think played pretty well.I think Ty Law got away with an illegal contact earlier as well.

boltpower 21
10-23-2006, 10:35 AM
The Chiefs are always tough at Arrowhead, especially in a divisional game. It doesn't surprise me that they pulled it out.

The Chargers fought hard to come back and almost force the game to overtime and I had no problems with how Marty handled the game yesterday. It would have been nice to see more blitzing from the defense but I think injuries limited what Wade Phillips was comfortable with doing. A loss is always painful to watch but this is the kind of loss that doesn't bother me, like the loss at Baltimore did.