PDA

View Full Version : Yes, if only we had Todd Collins.

Direckshun
10-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Looking back to Peter King's awe-inspiring prediction on September 14 going into week 2:
Kansas City (0-1) at Denver (0-1)
Suddenly, everyone in Kansas City knows who Todd Collins is and wishes the former backup was here and not in Washington.
Denver 30, Kansas City 19
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

DaWolf
10-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Did Gunter ever tell you the story of how when Todd Collins was with the Bills and had a chance to win the game with first and goal Gunther blitzed him four straight plays and Todd had the courage to stand in there in the face of this fierce blitz and throw four consecutive incomplete passes. And that there convinced Gunther that Tood Collins was a player.

Todd could have also achieved the same results with Gunther by

A) Growing a beard

or

B) Ripping his sleeves off

Fish
10-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Todd who?

SPchief
10-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Don't mess with the 0dd t0dd

Kerberos
10-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Keep F***ing doubting Todd Collins

SNR
10-24-2006, 08:22 AM
He's getting shafted in Washington for time. Brunell is NOT an effective QB. Give 0dd T0dd t3h rock!!!1

Wile_E_Coyote
10-24-2006, 08:23 AM
this team needs more pink squirrels & dancing on speakers

Dartgod
10-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Looking back to Peter King's awe-inspiring prediction on September 14 going into week 2:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that 99.99% of all Chiefs fans thought were were completely fooked when Trent went down, you included.

Huard has silenced a lot of doubters.

bkkcoh
10-24-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that 99.99% of all Chiefs fans thought were were completely fooked when Trent went down, you included.

Yeah, just like the St Louis fans when Trent went down in the pre-season game and the grocery bagger had to become the #1 QB.

Granted, I am not saying that Huard is the next one to be a backup to lead a team to the promised land, but I can't imagine how screwed they thought they would be at that point.

jspchief
10-24-2006, 08:51 AM

Huard has silenced a lot of doubters.I agree. But I'm not sure that I would have been any more confident with Collins. These guys are career backups for a reason.

DaWolf
10-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Yeah, just like the St Louis fans when Trent went down in the pre-season game and the grocery bagger had to become the #1 QB.

Granted, I am not saying that Huard is the next one to be a backup to lead a team to the promised land, but I can't imagine how screwed they thought they would be at that point.

Of course they were also coming off of 5-11 and 4-12 years and were arguably the worst NFL team of the 90's, so they probably had all of 2 fans following them to panic...

Dartgod
10-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Of course they were also coming off of 5-11 and 4-12 years and were arguably the worst NFL team of the 90's, so they probably had all of 2 fans following them to panic...
ROFL

Great point!

Iowanian
10-24-2006, 09:15 AM
I still think Todd Collins is a better QB than Huard.

Huard made a a few good throws last week, and I'm happy he did, but I still think he's limited in the passes he can throw, a Hooter girl's arse gets slapped less times on sundays than Huard's throws. His pocket awareness has improved, and you can see more confidence each week, but anyone thinking he should be a starter is misguided IMO.

Phobia
10-24-2006, 09:15 AM

I think it's more like 99.92%.

Coogs
10-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Did Gunter ever tell you the story of how when Todd Collins was with the Bills and had a chance to win the game with first and goal Gunther blitzed him four straight plays and Todd had the courage to stand in there in the face of this fierce blitz and throw four consecutive incomplete passes. And that there convinced Gunther that Tood Collins was a player.

Todd could have also achieved the same results with Gunther by

A) Growing a beard

or

B) Ripping his sleeves off

:LOL:

bkkcoh
10-24-2006, 09:50 AM
I still think Todd Collins is a better QB than Huard.

Huard made a a few good throws last week, and I'm happy he did, but I still think he's limited in the passes he can throw, a Hooter girl's arse gets slapped less times on sundays than Huard's throws. His pocket awareness has improved, and you can see more confidence each week, but anyone thinking he should be a starter is misguided IMO.

I would expect that his awareness would improve with playing time. He hasn't really played a lot in the recent past and the game speed probably does take a little bit to get used to, if they are capable of doing so.....

Redrum_69
10-24-2006, 09:57 AM
It is rumored that Todd Collins bought a “universal gym,” resistance machine that Chuck Norris endorses, and his game has greatly improved.