PDA

View Full Version : TYNES <----> Nerves of steel!

Frankie
10-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I know there is another thread about Lawrence Tynes. But this one is meant to deliver some very deserved appreciation to this guy. How many kickers do not let a missed relatively easy FG and a PAT break them in the clutch time? This guy is C-O-O-L!

B2chiefsfan
10-23-2006, 11:50 AM
The kick is good!!!!!!! Chiefs win!!!!!!!

Gives ya goosebumps...........:)

How many people turned away from their TV just before the kick....? :p

InChiefsHell
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Go Lawrence go! I agree, this dude is cool as a cucumber...excellent to have him on board.

Predarat
10-23-2006, 12:25 PM
I sure was mad at him when he missed the EP but he got the big one!

The Rick
10-23-2006, 12:31 PM
It was kind of funny watching him pound his chest after the kick...

DaFace
10-23-2006, 12:42 PM
I know he made it anyway, but I was impressed that he remembered to go ahead and kick the damn thing when the whistle was blown so that he could get a practice kick. When he made the first one, I was pretty sure he'd drill the second.

I was also impressed with the distance he got on that thing. I think he would have made that from 60!

SNR
10-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Not to take anything away from Tynes or anything, but I saw his kick drift only to take a hook right inside the goalposts.

Maybe a little wind assistence perhaps? It was at his back...

Count Zarth
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Not to take anything away from Tynes or anything, but I saw his kick drift only to take a hook right inside the goalposts.

Maybe a little wind assistence perhaps? It was at his back...

That was merely the vast skills of Larry Tynes coming into play. He compensated for the wind. :harumph:

scott free
10-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Lawrence took the field on the windswept moors of Stirling, in full battle regalia. To the eerie drone of pipes wailing a triumphant song, he surveyed the hated Southron mounted on their powerful Chargers and with a deep understanding of the moment before him, the kind of understanding only possessed by warrior poets, he slew the usurpers with unfathomable savagery. His mighty kick still echo's down through the craggy peaks of the Trossachs and of course Arrowhead to this day, aye laddy we will speak of his bravery throughout the ages...................

Count Zarth
10-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Lawrence took the field on the windswept moors of Stirling, in full battle regalia. To the eerie drone of pipes wailing a triumphant song, he surveyed the hated Southron mounted on their powerful Chargers and with a deep understanding of the moment before him, the kind of understanding only possessed by warrior poets, he slew the usurpers with unfathomable savagery. His mighty kick still echo's down through the craggy peaks of the Trossachs and of course Arrowhead to this day, aye laddy we will speak of his bravery throughout the ages...................

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

siberian khatru
10-23-2006, 06:05 PM
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

Every man dies. Not every man lives to make game-winning field goals.

Count Zarth
10-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Every man dies. Not every man lives to make game-winning field goals.

Larry Tynes kicks field goals with bolts of lightning from his arse!

Deberg_1990
10-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I dont mean to take anything away from him, Hell of a kick yesterday.

But why does he seem to miss so many extra points? I think that was his 3rd or 4th hes missed in 3 years here??

Adept Havelock
10-23-2006, 07:42 PM

LMAO. Nice. I can hear the pipes and smell the haggis....

scott free
10-23-2006, 07:49 PM
LMAO. Nice. I can hear the pipes and smell the haggis....
Man... have you ever had haggis??? I dont know how the folks back in the old country did it, just awful. I had it at a Robert Burns Society event several years ago :spock: :shake:

DenverChief
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
I dont mean to take anything away from him, Hell of a kick yesterday.

But why does he seem to miss so many extra points? I think that was his 3rd or 4th hes missed in 3 years here??

1 missed XP a year is not bad for a guys first three years

Count Zarth
10-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Actually, I think it sucks. He had the same problem in the CFL. I had hoped it was buried.

Direckshun
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
So that's it. He missed his one.

100% for the rest of the year.