PDA

View Full Version : Kenny "Cheatar" Rogers

allen_kcCard
10-23-2006, 12:54 PM
I didn't see any posts here about Rogers and the "dirt" on his hand last night and was curious on any thoughts about it here. ESPN made some pretty good points about it and showed stills of the same substance in other games in the playoffs. It is all over other message boards and sporting news sites today.

There have been some additional suggestions that something was on his hat, on the back near his left ear, which also just so happens to be where I saw him touch with the same dis-colored part of his hand to several times in the game. Maybe it is a loading spot, maybe it is just a transfer from his hand....regardless, something simple as "dirt" doesn't have a shine to it, isn't that color, and doesn't lead to the umpire telling you to wash it off so as to not cause any questions later.

Cochise
10-23-2006, 12:57 PM
We already have a thread for you to cry in:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150406&page=5

Mr. Laz
10-23-2006, 12:58 PM
as long as the stinkbirds lose, i don't care how much the Tigers cheat.

allen_kcCard
10-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Ahh, thanks for the re-direct.

Glancing at the last page's posts it looks like a lot of the crying was done by a poster in this thread already.

beer bacon
10-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I think Kenny "Threw seven shutout innings against the Cards without said substance on his hand" Rogers is a much better nickname.

PastorMikH

Actually, if you want to get technical about it, the same post could be applied all of the threads after the Chiefs W yesterday.

I don't see any reason why something like this should have to be kept soley in a game thread that rambles on from topic to topic. In fact, if he hadn't posted, I probably wouldn't have heard about it until I watched ESPN or the next game since I don't usually peruse game threads for info.

htismaqe
It was obviously pine tar. They were talking about it last night during the game.

Sure-Oz
I heard the dirt is on roids!

Count Alex's Losses
10-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Kenny Rogers = Eddie Harris from Major League

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6433/sdf111bv3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 01:01 PM
I heard the dirt is on roids!

Can you put it in a bong?

htismaqe
10-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Actually, if you want to get technical about it, the same post could be applied all of the threads after the Chiefs W yesterday.

I don't see any reason why something like this should have to be kept soley in a game thread that rambles on from topic to topic.

There's no reason this can't be in it's own thread...

Unless you're a Royals fan that just can't stand it...

PastorMikH
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
There's no reason this can't be in it's own thread...

Unless you're a Royals fan that just can't stand it...

This is the first I'd heard of it and wouldn't have seen it if it have been kept in a game thread. T

JBucc
10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
It was pretty obvious what it was. How stupid do you have to be to put a big brown sticky substance on your pitching hand like that with all the camera's and replays we have now. Use something clear idiot.

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 01:07 PM
It was obviously pine tar. They were talking about it last night during the game. non doctored pics don't lie. First is from the ACLS and the second one is from last night. Courtsey of ESPN
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1023/mlb_rogers_hand_comparison_275.jpg

PastorMikH
10-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Would Pine Tar help Sammie catch the ball?

Would Pine Tar on Sammie's hands be illegal in the NFL?

:)

alpha_omega
10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
I can see it coming already....

[Cards Fan] We lost the World Series this time because ______________! [/Cards Fan]

PastorMikH
10-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Ok, from what I've seen thus far, they simply told him to remove the substance and acted like it could just be dirt? Why wasn't he dealt with more severely? They used to get on pitchers pretty hard for the vasoline stuff way back.

PastorMikH
10-23-2006, 01:12 PM

[Cards Fan] We lost the World Series this time because ______________! [/Cards Fan]

Nah. The Cards lost one game. To win 2 in Detroit against the Tigers would be tough to do without the pine tar.

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 01:14 PM

It did alter the outcome of the game because he had a foreign substance on him while on the pitching mound. Accoring to MLB rules thats an immediate ejection and 10 game supension.

Noone is saying thats why the Cards lost But you don't think it mattered? What happened as soon as Rogers left the mound...one run in and the tying and winning runs on base. If he's thrown out of the game as he should have been that starts in the 2nd inning not the 9th.

bogie
10-23-2006, 01:20 PM
I haven't been following this, but have been curious. The ump told him to wash it off? If true, doesn't that mean he was busted? How can they not enforce the rule, is an ump caught him?

PastorMikH
10-23-2006, 01:24 PM
I haven't been following this, but have been curious. The ump told him to wash it off? If true, doesn't that mean he was busted? How can they not enforce the rule, is an ump caught him?

I'm reading the article on ESPN about it now...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2006/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2635633

It appears from what I'm reading that the Cardinals hitters were complaining that he was doctoring the ball, but the Cardinals (LaRussa) never asked for him to be searched and never pressed the issue.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 01:26 PM
It did alter the outcome of the game because he had a foreign substance on him while on the pitching mound. Accoring to MLB rules thats an immediate ejection and 10 game supension.

Noone is saying thats why the Cards lost But you don't think it mattered? What happened as soon as Rogers left the mound...one run in and the tying and winning runs on base. If he's thrown out of the game as he should have been that starts in the 2nd inning not the 9th.

God forbid the rules actually be enforced according to their structure. As I said last night, I think it's pretty damned hypocritical for any Chiefs fan to get on the case of a Cards fan given what happened against Denver in the '97 playoffs. To do so implies that you are A) Totally OK with what the Donks did, or B) Plainly full of shit and in need of nut hooks.

The Rick
10-23-2006, 01:29 PM
In what way would pine tar help though? I'm trying to picture myself throwing a normal baseball versus throwing a "sticky" baseball and can't really see how much it would help.

I mean, I know stuff like that is done...just can't see why.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
In what way would pine tar help though? I'm trying to picture myself throwing a normal baseball versus throwing a "sticky" baseball and can't really see how much it would help.

In the words of Dave Duncan, Cardinals pitching coach, (paraphrase) "Pine Tar helps increase the movement and velocity on your pitches because you can get a better grip and impart more spin on the ball."

It's not like he's ladling tree sap on the motherf*cker.

JimNasium
10-23-2006, 01:32 PM
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/oakland/lhayesoak.jpg

htismaqe
10-23-2006, 01:33 PM

Normally, pine tar is used by batters.

But when the weather is cold and damp, it helps improve grip on the ball...

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 01:34 PM

It doesn't help a fastball but it increases the spin on the ball therefore make a curve ball break more or a slider break down more. Thats why it's been outlawed for decades.

alpha_omega
10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Noone is saying thats why the Cards lost But you don't think it mattered?

No, I agree that it did matter. It was clearly a rules violation.

I was merely stating that they have a ready made excuse should they lose the series.

tk13
10-23-2006, 01:38 PM
At his age you think he'd be smart enough to not make it that obvious.

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 01:38 PM
No, I agree that it did matter. It was clearly a rules violation.

I was merely stating that they have a ready made excuse should they lose the series. Card fans don't need an excuse this year. We wern't suppose to get by the Pardes. We were going to get murdered by the Mets. We had no chance against the Tigers. We thought the same thing too but because of our unexpected good pitching with Reyes and Weaver and Suppan over achieving we at least have a realistic chance. But if we lose this was gravy and I don't think any Cardinal fans are going to regret a lost season like we did in 2004.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Card fans don't need an excuse this year. We wern't suppose to get by the Pardes. We were going to get murdered by the Mets. We had no chance against the Tigers. We thought the same thing to because of our unexpected good pitching with Reyes and Weaver and Suppan over achieving we at least have a realistic chance. But if we lose this was gravy and I don't think any Cardinal fans are going to regret a lost season like we did in 2004.

Bingo. There have been two teams in my lifetime that I thought had a good chance of winning it all, the 2004 Cards and th 1995 Chiefs. Those playoff losses were the most devastating of all for me, because it was truly the death of a somewhat realistic dream.

B2chiefsfan
10-23-2006, 02:02 PM
It was during the beginning of the game and the Umpire even verified that it was dirt...

His stuff was good all game......

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 02:09 PM
It was during the beginning of the game and the Umpire even verified that it was dirt...

Look at the pics, man. It doesn't matter if he was Steve Nebraska after washing it off, he was cheating, plain as day. He should have been ejected and suspsended for 10 days. End of story.

allen_kcCard
10-23-2006, 02:10 PM

Ever got pine tar on your hands? From my experience, when you get that much on there you can scrub like hell and it is still sticky. Sure, you "clean" it, that is take off some of it and the nasty stuff that has gotten stuck to it, but because of how water resistance it is you are still sticky.

Also, when a pitcher has nasty pitches going for him, one pitch that really fools the batter can set up every other pitch that they see from them. The batter remembers that pitch, and is trying to be ready for it, and that makes it harder for other kinds of pitches. Even if he used tar to throw one badass pitch and then somehow removed every remnant of the tar, that one pitch makes all of his other pitches better. Thus the terms like "setting up the fastball/curve/changeup/slider"

And as far as folks saying that they don't see how pine tar helps, it helps a lot with breaking balls and controlling them. I'm no Rogers expert, but from what I've heard of him, he is a pither that lives on control and pitches with movement. Thus someone that would be especially helped by pine tar.

bogie
10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm reading the article on ESPN about it now...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2006/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2635633

It appears from what I'm reading that the Cardinals hitters were complaining that he was doctoring the ball, but the Cardinals (LaRussa) never asked for him to be searched and never pressed the issue.

Thanks. Rogers is a fool. This is just strange.

Alton deFlat
10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
ESPN is reporting that it was tincture of benzoin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_of_benzoin). They have pics of him, with it on his hand, in July. Regardless of what he has on his hands, they still have to hit the hot-headed old bastard.

B2chiefsfan
10-23-2006, 02:17 PM
The Cards should have had his hand examined a little closer. Why didn't they look at it themselves.

bogie
10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't understand why the Cards management chose to ignore it.

bogie
10-23-2006, 02:19 PM
The Cards should have has his hand examined a little closer. Why didn't they look at it themselves.

What he said.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 02:20 PM
I wonder if LaRussa was reluctant to make a big deal over this because he's such good friends with Leyland? If so, he's doing a disservice to his team, its fans and baseball in general. We don't need Bronco bullshit in the World Series, and I'm tired of my teams getting jobbed by f#cking cheaters.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 02:22 PM
ESPN is reporting that it was tincture of benzoin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_of_benzoin). They have pics of him, with it on his hand, in July. Regardless of what he has on his hands, they still have to hit the hot-headed old bastard.

Occam's Razor applies here. It was pine tar, and it was pine tar in July. He cheated, he should be suspended for the rest of the series. End of story.

allen_kcCard
10-23-2006, 02:24 PM
I am a little ticked Tony didn't press the issue too. I thought about him being buds with Leyland too, and wasn't sure if that was why he didn't, or if he already knew it was something not worth pressing the issue over, but then again, when has he not used things like this to get into a pitchers head. If they were playing the cubs and it were Zambano I garantee he would have had the big idiot out there naked.

Maybe giving "the genious" too much credit, but maybe he knew how much press this would get today, and thought that it may do enough to disrupt the tigers that it was already in thier benefit. Even if this were true, I'd have rather won game 2 then get the tigers out of sorts in St Louis.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Frazod is exactly right. LaRussa didn't do it b/c of his frienddship with Leyland. Any other manager and he does that, no questions asked.

As for Rogers, his story is preposterous. A big clump of dirt?? You mean to tell me that a 'feel' pitcher who relies on control can't tell when he has a clump of dirt on his hand despite warming up and throwing almost 20 pitches in the first inning? I'm an above average golfer, and can detect a distinct difference in how I swing the club with just a modicum of sweat on my hand. I can tell you where I hit the ball on the clubface without looking at its flight, and yet this cocksucker, who pitches FOR A LIVING, can't tell when there is a big clump of dirt on his breadwinning hand??

And if it was this tincture, why lie about it to the media, why not just say that? It was pine tar.

B2chiefsfan
10-23-2006, 02:26 PM
What he said.

doh

sedated
10-23-2006, 02:28 PM
my hatred of the turdbirds makes it hard to be mad.

but a cheater is a cheater.

and it sucks that he gave the STL fans reason to bitch (like they even need one)

bogie
10-23-2006, 02:29 PM
I wonder if LaRussa was reluctant to make a big deal over this because he's such good friends with Leyland? If so, he's doing a disservice to his team, its fans and baseball in general. We don't need Bronco bullshit in the World Series, and I'm tired of my teams getting jobbed by f#cking cheaters.

the espn article said the same thing about their friendship. If that's true, that's ****ed up. Rogers is one lucky SOB. A player is so busted at cheating and no one does anything about it, I just don't get this.

sedated
10-23-2006, 02:31 PM
As for Rogers, his story is preposterous. A big clump of dirt?? You mean to tell me that a 'feel' pitcher who relies on control can't tell when he has a clump of dirt on his hand despite warming up and throwing almost 20 pitches in the first inning?

this cocksucker, who pitches FOR A LIVING, can't tell when there is a big clump of dirt on his breadwinning hand??

i agree

pitchers treat their hands better than George Costanza when he became a hand model

StcChief
10-23-2006, 02:44 PM
LaRussa friendship with Leyland is worth more than Rogers and the WS flap.

Though I do detest Cheating.
Donxs take note with your tainted SBs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 02:49 PM
LaRussa friendship with Leyland is worth more than Rogers and the WS flap.

Though I do detest Cheating.
Donxs take note with your tainted SBs.

A real friend wouldn't cheat the other one. If Leyland was a true friend, he'd understand why Tony would get so mad. Think of how many guys worked their whole lives to get there, only to get f*cked over by some cheating f*ckhole like Rogers. If a friend can't understand why he'd be miffed, who would?

bogie
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
A real friend wouldn't cheat the other one. If Leyland was a true friend, he'd understand why Tony would get so mad. Think of how many guys worked their whole lives to get there, only to get f*cked over by some cheating f*ckhole like Rogers. If a friend can't understand why he'd be miffed, who would?

Totally agree.

Alton deFlat
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Occam's Razor applies here. It was pine tar, and it was pine tar in July. He cheated, he should be suspended for the rest of the series. End of story.

I'm not disagreeing with you. ESPN is saying he cheated, and that substance basically does the same thing as what pine tar would do to the ball, but it's easier for the offender to get rid of. It will wipe off easier if you are about to get caught. Keith Olberman joked that Rogers needs to wash his hands after using the toilet.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you. ESPN is saying he cheated, and that substance basically does the same thing as what pine tar would do to the ball, but it's easier for the offender to get rid of. It will wipe off easier if you are about to get caught. Keith Olberman joked that Rogers needs to wash his hands after using the toilet.

I'd still like to see him introduced to the business end of a Rwandan Machete....j/k of course.....:cuss:

ct
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM

ROFL

beavis
10-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Cardinal fans are notorious for whining about however their team is getting "screwed" in the World Series. I see this year isn't going to be any different.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Cardinal fans are notorious for whining about however their team is getting "screwed" in the World Series. I see this year isn't going to be any different.

Chiefs/Broncos 1997 Playoffs

STFU

Alton deFlat
10-23-2006, 03:43 PM

Pot meet Kettle. I can say because not only am I a Cardinals baseball fan, but also a Chiefs fan.

Crashride
10-23-2006, 03:43 PM
What does that tar do to your the ball to help pitch, Ive never seen the stuff or heard anything

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 03:50 PM
What does that tar do to your the ball to help pitch, Ive never seen the stuff or heard anything
It's in the first page towards the bottom.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 03:51 PM

Better grip=better movement on breaking pitches= harder to hit=Kenny Rogers=Asshat.

Brock
10-23-2006, 03:51 PM
He was just doing whatever it takes to win. /mecca

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 04:00 PM

I'd rather the Chiefs and or the Cardinals never win a championship if it meant that they had to cheat to win it. It wouldn't be legitamate.

Dave Lane
10-23-2006, 04:04 PM

I agree I think the umps should be Tigers position coaches.

Dave

StcChief
10-23-2006, 04:09 PM
LaRussa displayed alot of restraint IMO. I would have been on that like white on rice. Maybe the intell didn't come down until end of 1st 1/2 inning....

Fruit Ninja
10-23-2006, 04:22 PM
if the umps didnt see anything wrong with it, then its all good. Quite bitchin and move to game 3.

KcMizzou
10-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Also...

80% of players cheat. He was just unlucky enough to get caught.

Valiant
10-23-2006, 05:40 PM

Because MLB knows it is okay to cheat agianst the Cards, no one likes them outside of thier own city.. They deserve to lose every game for the sole fact that their fans are so arrogant and prissy...

Frazod
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
For KC types who have been victimized by similar Donx cheating to think this shit is okay just because it happened to St. Louis - sorry, but you just suck. :shake:

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Because MLB knows it is okay to cheat agianst the Cards, no one likes them outside of thier own city.. They deserve to lose every game for the sole fact that their fans are so arrogant and prissy...

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2006, 05:45 PM
For KC types who have been victimized by similar Donx cheating to think this shit is okay just because it happened to St. Louis - sorry, but you just suck. :shake:

Nah KC likes pine tar.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/boxscore/Pine_Tar_Game1.jpg

Frazod
10-23-2006, 05:48 PM

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 05:53 PM
[ Grabs popcorn]

I do love watching Cards fans sync their menstrual cycles in this thread.

Keep it up..

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 05:55 PM

Yea, Tony would never look the other way when it comes to cheaters.

Canseco and McGwire. Nope, Tony would never do that.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
[ Grabs popcorn]

I do love watching Cards fans sync their menstrual cycles in this thread.

Keep it up..

Bill Parcells
10-23-2006, 05:56 PM
This is for Hamas Jenkins!!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O_EVFaHh5t8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O_EVFaHh5t8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

StcChief
10-23-2006, 06:02 PM
The fact the St.Louis Cardinals are in the WS again is enough to irk the KC Royals fans.

Get past yourselves we've had good years for a while now. Not a flash in the pan. Maybe with new coach, that might be able to pry open the owner's wallet you might get somewhere too.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 06:14 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jon_heyman/10/23/scoop.rogers/1.html
=====================================================

Some interesting quotes :

"I bet Tony La Russa's pitchers are mad at him for saying anything, because a lot of guys do it, and I'd be surprise if there's a whole staff of guys who don't do it. In fact, I'd say a majority of guys use one of the three -- shaving cream, suntan lotion or pine tar. They can't like him ratting out the other team when everyone does it. Maybe he had to say something because it's the World Series, it's on TV and he probably has to answer to his owner.

"But you'll notice he didn't continue to talk about it, and he instructed his guys not to talk about it. They probably have no interest in catching Rogers because if they do then the umpire is looking at everyone.''

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 08:19 PM
The fact the St.Louis Cardinals are in the WS again is enough to irk the KC Royals fans.

Get past yourselves we've had good years for a while now. Not a flash in the pan. Maybe with new coach, that might be able to pry open the owner's wallet you might get somewhere too.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2006, 08:23 PM
He reminds me of that old veteran pitcher in "Major League"

Rick Vaughn: What's that shit on your chest?
Eddie Harris: [wiping his finger across his chest] Crisco?
Eddie Harris: [wiping it across his waist line]
Eddie Harris: Bardol?
Eddie Harris: [wiping it along his head]
Eddie Harris: Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball. Of course if the umps are watching me real close I'll rub a little jalapeņo up my nose, get it runnin', and if I need to load the ball up I just...
Eddie Harris: [wipes his nose]
Eddie Harris: ...wipe my nose.
Rick Vaughn: You put snot on the ball?
Eddie Harris: I haven't got an arm like you, kid. I have to put anything on it I can find. Someday you will too.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Hilarious. And a great deflection. Menstruating Cards fans start thread about the cheater Rogers, expect sympathy, then claim Royals fans are envious?

Get past yourselves. You currently have a manager and fanbase that condoned and cheered the juicing of one of the two biggest cheaters the game has ever known and now you want justice?

MarcBulger
10-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Tony should have been raising hell about it. Last year a Cardinal Pitcher got booted for having Pine Tar on his hat.

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2006, 09:07 PM

This crap right here is why most Royal fans dont like the Cardinals. Its not the team, its fans. I respect the crap out of the Cardinals organization, they do have a poor minor league system though, but the fans attitude and cockiness is what turns me off on a team that I would actually root for.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 09:26 PM
This crap right here is why most Royal fans dont like the Cardinals. Its not the team, its fans. I respect the crap out of the Cardinals organization, they do have a poor minor league system though, but the fans attitude and cockiness is what turns me off on a team that I would actually root for.

:deevee:

HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Tony should have been raising hell about it. Last year a Cardinal Pitcher got booted for having Pine Tar on his hat.

Thanks for reminding me. It was Tavares. That friggin' screwball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1888292

=====================================================

Here's LaRussa's quote:

DENVER -- An appeal did little to help St. Louis reliever Julian Tavarez, who was suspended for eight days Friday for applying a foreign substance to balls while pitching last month.

Tavarez

Tavarez was ejected from a game Aug. 24 against Pittsburgh when umpires inspected his grimy hat. After the game, crew chief Joe West said Cardinals manager Tony La Russa "as much admitted" it was pine tar on Tavarez' cap.

Tavarez was originally handed a 10-game suspension. The penalty, which began with Friday's game at Colorado, was reduced by two games after the appeal.

Still, La Russa was livid, not only because Tavarez won't return until Oct. 2, with just two games remaining in the regular season, but because he doesn't think the penalty is appropriate for the transgression.

"Every year, there have been some hot competitions all over the league, and there have been some eruptions involving players, umpires, all of which are so much worse for our game ... and those things routinely get penalized with two, three, five games. And this is an eight-gamer? For something they haven't even proven? What kind of message is baseball sending there? The message I get is a bad one," La Russa said.

The commissioner's office had no further comment, spokesman Pat Courtney said.
======================================================

This pretty much blows the lid off the "LaRussa didn't want to upset his friendship with Leyland" theory.

Now, does anybody wonder how Jeff Weaver became a post season Cy Young? Maybe LaRussa didn't persue it it's because LaRussa doesn't want his pitchers checked.

tk13
10-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Peter Gammons openly said on ESPN today that the Cards didn't say anything because they have several pitchers who doctor the ball and they don't want to get into a war over it. That's why LaRussa didn't say anything, and all the players deflected questions about it after the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Peter Gammons openly said on ESPN today that the Cards didn't say anything because they have several pitchers who doctor the ball and they don't want to get into a war over it. That's why LaRussa didn't say anything, and all the players deflected questions about it after the game.

And of course this supposition has photographic evidence.....

tk13
10-23-2006, 09:42 PM
And of course this supposition has photographic evidence.....
Nope, but I have to admit it's the most logical thing I've heard. LaRussa is one cuthroat guy, the most startling thing to me is how he's just sat back and taken this. I don't think that's like him at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I will reiterate once again, for anyone on here to call themselves a Chiefs fan while condoning this bullshit of Rogers is absolutely 100% full of shit. You have to be a pathetic sack of shit to speak out of both sides of your mouth so blatantly. The only reason that most of you hear even root against the Cardinals is because they are the second closest team to you and you have little man syndrome. STFD, STFU and come up with a real reason to spew more shit from your mouths.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 09:48 PM
This pretty much blows the lid off the "LaRussa didn't want to upset his friendship with Leyland" theory.

Now, does anybody wonder how Jeff Weaver became a post season Cy Young? Maybe LaRussa didn't persue it it's because LaRussa doesn't want his pitchers checked.

This doesn't blow the lid off of anything. You don't know what's going on between LaRussa and Leyland, or the league, or anybody else. And our guy WAS TOSSED, and he sure as hell wasn't pitching in the World Series on August 24. Rogers didn't even get a slap on the wrist, let alone an ejection and a suspension.

And you don't know jack shit about what Weaver did or didn't do. Weaver pitched like crap last night, too - pretty convincing evidence that he didn't have anything extra on anything. He was lucky to only give up three runs.

But keep hating. Hate, hate, hate.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 09:50 PM
I will reiterate once again, for anyone on here to call themselves a Chiefs fan while condoning this bullshit of Rogers is absolutely 100% full of shit. You have to be a pathetic sack of shit to speak out of both sides of your mouth so blatantly. The only reason that most of you hear even root against the Cardinals is because they are the second closest team to you and you have little man syndrome. STFD, STFU and come up with a real reason to spew more shit from your mouths.

You hypocritcal cocksucker. Eat a dick. You are a fan of a team and manger who cheered the biggest cheater in the history of the game till Bonds got outed.

And Tavares id just an aberration.

You f*cking punk.

Cochise
10-23-2006, 09:52 PM

That is what I thought. I don't think there is a manager that you see on the field more with the umpire, arguing calls to whatever degree. I think the idea that Larussa would just sit down and take it just because he's a helluva nice guy is preposterous. Whatever your biases, I don't think there's any other logical conclusion you can come to.

It's probably good of LaRussa, not wanting this to be remembered as the cheating/doctored ball WS if his team ended up winning and have people feel like there's an asterisk or something.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 09:52 PM
This doesn't blow the lid off of anything. You don't know what's going on between LaRussa and Leyland, or the league, or anybody else. And our guy WAS TOSSED, and he sure as hell wasn't pitching in the World Series on August 24. Rogers didn't even get a slap on the wrist, let alone an ejection and a suspension.

And you don't know jack shit about what Weaver did or didn't do. Weaver pitched like crap last night, too - pretty convincing evidence that he didn't have anything extra on anything. He was lucky to only give up three runs.

But keep hating. Hate, hate, hate.

According to Hahamas, most of the hits Weaver gaev up weren't really hits. They were dinks, save for the bombs he gave up. Which is much more Weaver like.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 09:53 PM
And I love listening to you vaginal canals cry you're f*cking hearts out about.

Even though IT'S ONLY ONE GAME!!

Frazod
10-23-2006, 09:55 PM
According to Hahamas, most of the hits Weaver gaev up weren't really hits. They were dinks, save for the bombs he gave up. Which is much more Weaver like.

Well, I didn't have a TV in the car when I was driving back from Kansas City last night, so I don't know. All I know is that there were baserunners all over the place, due to multiple hits and walks. Sounds like a pretty shitty night to me.

Cochise
10-23-2006, 09:55 PM
:deevee:

HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Well, I didn't have a TV in the car when I was driving back from Kansas City last night, so I don't know. All I know is that there were baserunners all over the place, due to multiple hits and walks. Sounds like a pretty shitty night to me.

Actually, Weaver was better than I've ever seen him. Save for the two bombs, he was pretty tough on RH batters.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 10:08 PM
You hypocritcal cocksucker. Eat a dick. You are a fan of a team and manger who cheered the biggest cheater in the history of the game till Bonds got outed.

And Tavares id just an aberration.

You f*cking punk.

Your moral high ground stinks to high heaven. If he'd have been wearing a Royals uniform, you'd have cheered him, too. Just like Cub fans cheered Sosa and Giant fans still cheer Bonds, and fans of all the other teams cheered all the roid boys out there. Do you think nobody in Kansas City ever shot up? Please.

And steriod boy never made it to the World Series in a Cardinal uniform, either. In fact, if anything, he kept us from advancing in the playoffs because he was a guaranteed strike out at the end.

And I HATE TONY LARUSSA. I think he's the most overrated piece of crap manager in baseball. But I'm stuck with him.

There is more than enough hypocracy to go around here. And hatred. But at the end of the day, we all know that bitter Royal fans hate the Cardinals because they're successful and the Royals aren't. PERIOD. And that's not the fault of anybody in St. Louis.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Your moral high ground stinks to high heaven. If he'd have been wearing a Royals uniform, you'd have cheered him, too. Just like Cub fans cheered Sosa and Giant fans still cheer Bonds, and fans of all the other teams cheered all the roid boys out there. Do you think nobody in Kansas City ever shot up? Please.

And steriod boy never made it to the World Series in a Cardinal uniform, either. In fact, if anything, he kept us from advancing in the playoffs because he was a guaranteed strike out at the end.

And I HATE TONY LARUSSA. I think he's the most overrated piece of crap manager in baseball. But I'm stuck with him.

There is more than enough hypocracy to go around here. And hatred. But at the end of the day, we all know that bitter Royal fans hate the Cardinals because they're successful and the Royals aren't. PERIOD. And that's not the fault of anybody in St. Louis.

At least there's one thing we agree on.

KCinNY
10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
But at the end of the day, we all know that bitter Royal fans hate the Cardinals because they're successful and the Royals aren't. PERIOD.

Most K.C. people hate all things St. Louis whether it's the Cards, the Rams, the Blues, the Arch, the zoo, whatever. To us, they're largely a bunch of east coast wannabes who illogically think of themselves as super-sophisticated.

We all know the Cardinals have a rich, storied history and that the Royals are some kind of sick joke, but what we have and what we will have for all time is SCOREBOARD on the Cardinals......1985. 11-0 BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention that the Cards haven't actually won a WS since '82.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Most K.C. people hate all things St. Louis whether it's the Cards, the Rams, the Blues, the Arch, the zoo, whatever. To us, they're largely a bunch of east coast wannabes who illogically think of themselves as super-sophisticated.

We all know the Cardinals have a rich, storied history and that the Royals are some kind of sick joke, but what we have and what we will have for all time is SCOREBOARD on the Cardinals......1985. 11-0 BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention that the Cards haven't actually won a WS since '82.

I grew up in the middle of the state rooting for teams from both cities. I don't root for the Lambs because they weren't there when I lived there, and I just can't like them (although I did try). I don't really root for the Royals anymore because I require my team to show up, and they, quite simply, don't.

It does seem like many of the most vocal haters are Kansas types. I guess they're just pissed because their piece of shit wasteland state doesn't rate a professional team of any sort, but I don't understand why they don't just borrow the Cardinals like they borrow the Royals and Chiefs.

Cochise
10-23-2006, 10:51 PM
To us, [St. Louis is] largely a bunch of east coast wannabes who illogically think of themselves as super-sophisticated.

Of course everyone knows that not everyone in St. Louis is that way, but there do seem to be a large number of people from St. Louis who DO think that way and don't mind saying so.

I hear it around me at work all the time. It's not really overt, but you hear cutting comments about Kansas City being inferior or not a first class city or about our baseball team being a joke.

Maybe KC doesn't have everything St. Louis has. And hey, the Royals are a joke. You don't have to tell us, we've been watching. But this is my home, along with a lot of other people. Kansas City is part of who I am. And when you run somebody's home into the ground and say it's a shithole, full of backward rednecks or inbred yokels, you're including me in that statement, because I'm a part of it. Just like if your name is Jones and I say the Jones' are a bunch of ignorant f#ckwads, you'd be offended too.

Maybe it's a cultural difference. Just like when I talk to people in New York on the phone, sometimes they act in ways that here would be considered rude, but they don't mean anything by it because that's how New York is. It's hard to believe that in regards to the St. Louis aire of superiority. Telling someone else you are better than them is not going to be well received in any language.

I don't have anything specific against the Cardinals. If I had grown up in St. Louis I would be a Cardinal fan, because that's how you are supposed to do it. A lot of people just don't take kindly to being talked down to. You being born in a different place than me doesn't make you any better than me.

Teddy Jack Eddy
10-23-2006, 10:52 PM
I grew up in the middle of the state rooting for teams from both cities. I don't root for the Lambs because they weren't there when I lived there, and I just can't like them (although I did try). I don't really root for the Royals anymore because I require my team to show up, and they, quite simply, don't.

It does seem like many of the most vocal haters are Kansas types. I guess they're just pissed because their piece of shit wasteland state doesn't rate a professional team of any sort, but I don't understand why they don't just borrow the Cardinals like they borrow the Royals and Chiefs.
Yet the richest people in KC, including Royals and Chiefs players live in Johnson County, Kansas. Johnson County is among the wealthiest counties in the US. And the trailer trash live in Missouri. Why is that?

Frazod
10-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Yet the richest people in KC, including Royals and Chiefs players live in Johnson County, Kansas. Johnson County is among the wealthiest counties in the US. And the trailer trash live in Missouri. Why is that?

All the STADIUMS are in Missouri, numbnuts. But hey, y'all got NASCAR! WOO HOO :whackit:

Cochise
10-23-2006, 10:56 PM

Ever been to KCK? Not exactly don't-have-to-lock-the-doors territory there.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 10:57 PM
...It does seem like many of the most vocal haters are Kansas types....

Yea, Skip's a real bitch.

Teddy Jack Eddy
10-23-2006, 11:05 PM
All the STADIUMS are in Missouri, numbnuts. But hey, y'all got NASCAR! WOO HOO :whackit:
Yet Kansas is the "Breadbasket to the World" and is fertile farmland as opposed to Missouri's rocks and trees. Tell me again how Kansas is inferior to Missouri.

KcMizzou
10-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Yet Kansas is the "Breadbasket to the World" and is fertile farmland as opposed to Missouri's rocks and trees. Tell me again how Kansas is inferior to Missouri.
LMAO

"Breadbasket" smack. :spock: Well, that's new at least.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Yeah, nobody outside Kansas grows any crops. :rolleyes:

But it's nice to know that you grow something other than religious lunatics.

OnTheWarpath58
10-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Of course everyone knows that not everyone in St. Louis is that way, but there do seem to be a large number of people from St. Louis who DO think that way and don't mind saying so.

I hear it around me at work all the time. It's not really overt, but you hear cutting comments about Kansas City being inferior or not a first class city or about our baseball team being a joke.

Maybe KC doesn't have everything St. Louis has. And hey, the Royals are a joke. You don't have to tell us, we've been watching. But this is my home, along with a lot of other people. Kansas City is part of who I am. And when you run somebody's home into the ground and say it's a shithole, full of backward rednecks or inbred yokels, you're including me in that statement, because I'm a part of it. Just like if your name is Jones and I say the Jones' are a bunch of ignorant f#ckwads, you'd be offended too.

Maybe it's a cultural difference. Just like when I talk to people in New York on the phone, sometimes they act in ways that here would be considered rude, but they don't mean anything by it because that's how New York is. It's hard to believe that in regards to the St. Louis aire of superiority. Telling someone else you are better than them is not going to be well received in any language.

I don't have anything specific against the Cardinals. If I had grown up in St. Louis I would be a Cardinal fan, because that's how you are supposed to do it. A lot of people just don't take kindly to being talked down to. You being born in a different place than me doesn't make you any better than me.

Honestly....

Is it that St. Louisans have a superiority complex, or do Kansas Citians have an inferiority complex?

I've lived in STL for 30 of my 33 years, and I've never understood this whole issue. IMO, it's a non-issue in STL.

For those who don't know, I'm a Cardinals fan and a Chiefs STH. Kansas City is one of my favorite places, I've considered moving there on several occasions, and wouldn't hesitate if the opportunity presented itself. I've not heard ONE SINGLE PERSON I know here say a bad word about KC......my friends and family enjoy the city as much as I do.

There are asshole fans in EVERY city. Including STL and KC. If I judged KC on a whole by the behavior of some fans at Arrowhead, it could rank there with the Detroits and Philadelphias of the country at times. But I know better than to judge an entire city by a few hundred or thousand idiots who talk out of their asses.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 11:15 PM
This thread is losing it's anger. Knock it the f*ck off.

Teddy Jack Eddy
10-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah, nobody outside Kansas grows any crops. :rolleyes:

But it's nice to know that you grow something other than religious lunatics.
Quite a departure from your "wasteland" remark. Changing the subject when we are out of ammo seems to be your forte. Oh, yeah, and Kansas has oil production which Missouri does not. The facts don't really support your weak shit.

Cochise
10-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Honestly....

Is it that St. Louisans have a superiority complex, or do Kansas Citians have an inferiority complex?

I don't give two squirts of piss about St. Louis. If St. Louis didn't have sports teams I wouldn't even know it existed.

Cochise
10-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Quite a departure from your "wasteland" remark. Changing the subject when we are out of ammo seems to be your forte. Oh, yeah, and Kansas has oil production which Missouri does not. The facts don't really support your weak shit.

You just changed the subject from the wealth of the Kansas side of the city to being the breadbasket of America.

If you want to talk about wealth, Missouri's GSP is probably double that of Kansas.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm reminded of a famous line fom the movie Stand By Me

"Shut up, Teddy".

KCinNY
10-23-2006, 11:20 PM

"Oil production" smaque?

Jeezus dude....go with college hoops or something, but "oil production?" What's next, soybean futures smaque?

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I think it's more of an inferiority complex than anything else, which is sad. I see it with the White Sox and Cubs fans, or at least I did until the Sox won the WS last year. Before that, the Sox fans would always bitch about the Cubs fans, and the Cubs fans would basically say "White Who? They have a team down there?"

The hostility on this BB between Cards and Royals fans is ALWAYS initiated by Royals fans. The average Cardinal fan simply doesn't give a shit about the Royals or what they do, and that is what pisses the Royals fans off more than anything. Again, blame Glass, not us.

Teddy Jack Eddy
10-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Wait!!! I want to hear more about Missouri's superiority over Kansas. That's right on track isn't it?

KCinNY
10-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Did somebody say "inferiority complex?"

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:24 PM

Hmm... you have no major cities, no professional teams, no natural beauty, no points of interest and no tourist attractions. But you've got some wheat and a couple of oil wells. You go girl!

Teddy Jack Eddy
10-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Hmm... you have no major cities, no professional teams, no natural beauty, no points of interest and no tourist attractions. But you've got some wheat and a couple of oil wells. You go girl!
And Missouri has what? You go girl!

ExtremeChief
10-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Wait!!! I want to hear more about Missouri's superiority over Kansas. That's right on track isn't it?

Yeah!!! Kansas has the biggest ball of twine and was the birthplace of Bob Dole, and uh sunflowers and is really flat so it's easier to make a house level, and all kinds of awesome shit like that!!!

You go Teddy!!! Keep hammering em dude!

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:27 PM
And Missouri has what? You go girl!

Well, they pretty much have everything I just listed, you idiot. Clearly you were educated in Kansas.

Teddy Jack Eddy
10-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Well, they pretty much have everything I just listed, you idiot. Clearly you were educated in Kansas.
I heard you weren't educated at all.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:30 PM
I heard you weren't educated at all.

Yeah, I can't read or write. These words are just a figment of your retarded imagination.

Teddy Jack Eddy
10-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I can't read or write. These words are just a figment of your retarded imagination.
Do you have even as much as a trade school degree?

Cochise
10-23-2006, 11:33 PM
A woman was walking through her new house with the contractor.

As they walked through rooms, she told him what color she wanted him to paint each room. In the bedroom she said, "I think this would be nice in a cream color." The contractor stuck his head out of the window and yelled, "GREEN SIDE UP!"

This perplexed the woman. They moved to the living room and she said, I would love a nice yellow in this room." Again the contractor strolled over to the window and yelled, "GREEN SIDE UP!"

Again the woman was confused but did not say anything. As they walked into the kitchen she announced that she wanted this room to be, "a glorious shade of mauve." Once again the contractor went to the window and yelled,"GREEN SIDE UP!"

Finally she could not stand this anymore. "What are you shouting GREEN SIDE UP out every window of this house?" She asked.

He replied,"I'm sorry. I have a crew of KU students laying sod across the street."

ExtremeChief
10-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Here Teddy. I got you some more ammunition to use on all of the Kansas haters:

Today, wheat fields, oil-well derricks, herds of cattle, and grain-storage elevators are chief features of the Kansas landscape. A leading wheat-growing state, Kansas also raises corn, sorghum, oats, barley, soybeans, and potatoes. Kansas stands high in petroleum production and mines zinc, coal, salt, and lead. It is also the nation's leading producer of helium.

Wichita is one of the nation's leading aircraft-manufacturing centers, ranking first in production of private aircraft. Kansas City is an important transportation, milling, and meat-packing center.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0108215.html

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 11:36 PM
I think it's more of an inferiority complex than anything else, which is sad.....

Yes, that's why Cards fans start these menstrual cycling threads.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Do you have even as much as a trade school degree?

Oh, is that a measure of intelligence now?

Cochise
10-23-2006, 11:38 PM
By the way, did anyone make fun of the subject line having "cheater" spelled incorrectly? I just don't want to cover something we have already been through.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Yes, that's why Cards fans start these menstrual cycling threads.

Funny, I checked the entire topic, and the word "ROYALS" doesn't appear anywhere. Instead it talks about a national news story, which is being discussed on ESPN as I type this. Does that mean the ESPN guys hate Kansas City too?

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 11:40 PM
By the way, did anyone make fun of the subject line having "cheater" spelled incorrectly? I just don't want to cover something we have already been through.

I'm waiting for TaddySmackEddy to not get that.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 11:41 PM

ROFL he is a dirty chea TAR!

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 11:41 PM
If the Cards lose they have their excuse now.

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2006, 11:42 PM
The hostility on this BB between Cards and Royals fans is ALWAYS initiated by Royals fans. The average Cardinal fan simply doesn't give a shit about the Royals or what they do, and that is what pisses the Royals fans off more than anything. Again, blame Glass, not us.

Shit, Cardinal fans talk more shit about the Royals than any other team save the Cubs. I live in Central Missouri and go to school in Springfield, I hear crap all the time.

Besides we blame Glass quite a bit.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Funny, I checked the entire topic, and the word "ROYALS" doesn't appear anywhere. Instead it talks about a national news story, which is being discussed on ESPN as I type this. Does that mean the ESPN guys hate Kansas City too?

And I gave my opinion on it.

Funny, I haven't mentioned Royals till just now in this thread. I only pointed out that he washed it off and still mowed down hitters for 8 innings.

And again, I pointed out before: It was one inning of one game. The hysterical bleeding reds are acting as though it's a Denkinger situation.

There you go, a Royals reference.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Rogers had pine tar on his hand and should not have been given the chance to stay in the game-that is the point.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 11:45 PM
He is a chea TAR-lol

Cochise
10-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Rogers had pine tar on his hand and should not have been given the chance to stay in the game-that is the point.

That's why it looks like whining. He pitched just as well without it, so it sounds like people wanted him out of the game because they couldn't actually beat him.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 11:50 PM

If that's true, why did the umpires not just check all the balls that had ben in play. Surely if he was using a tacky substance like pine tar, it would be on the ball, every ball.

A catcher can't just wipe pine tar off. It would leave traces all over a ball. At the end of an inning when the ball gets rolled back to teh mound, wouldn't Jeff Weaver notice it?

Wouldn't the most uptight manager in the universe push the issue?

Why wouldn't he?

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Shit, Cardinal fans talk more shit about the Royals than any other team save the Cubs. I live in Central Missouri and go to school in Springfield, I hear crap all the time.

Besides we blame Glass quite a bit.

Do you hear it HERE? From me? From people like BigRedChief or Hamas? No. Or at least not initially. I defy you or anybody else to find a thread started by an acknowledged Cards fan dissing the Royals.

I'm sorry you're surrounded by assholes in real life, but that's not my fault.

I've learned to hate Kansas because of people on ChiefsPlanet. I never gave the state or any of its schools a second thought before I started posting here; I just thought it was a godawful place to drive through. Is it fair to people from Kansas that aren't dicks? No. But it seems like for every decent Kansas fan there are two assholes who never shut up. At least I heap my abuse where it has been earned.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 11:53 PM
I would also like to say that one other group of fans - in the Bronx - are also crying the same tune as the Cards here.

Congrats, you're in great company.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 11:54 PM
So he just happened to have mud on his hand?-wow how did that get there-I better go wash my hands, I don't want an unfair advantage.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:55 PM
So he just happened to have mud on his hand?-wow how did that get there-I better go wash my hands, I don't want an unfair advantage.

Yeah, in exactly the same spot, in three different games. That's some persistent dirt. :shake:

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2006, 11:56 PM
I've learned to hate Kansas because of people on ChiefsPlanet.

Hey, don't lump me in with skip and mercer....

Frazod
10-23-2006, 11:57 PM
And I gave my opinion on it.

Funny, I haven't mentioned Royals till just now in this thread. I only pointed out that he washed it off and still mowed down hitters for 8 innings.

And again, I pointed out before: It was one inning of one game. The hysterical bleeding reds are acting as though it's a Denkinger situation.

There you go, a Royals reference.

Ah, the thread is official now. You mentioned Denkinger. Did you get a woody while typing his name?

Halfcan
10-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Cards are from Mo so I have to root for them over Detroit plus Albert is a hometown boy. I hope they kick those dirty chea Tars asses.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Ah, the thread is official now. You mentioned Denkinger. Did you get a woody while typing his name?

No, it's still not official.

OnTheWarpath58
10-24-2006, 12:02 AM
It amazes me how some of you guys can come here week after week whining about how the league hates the Chiefs, Broncos had vaseline on their jerseys, cheated the cap, etc........

Then when Cardinals fans have a legitimate gripe, we're whiners, making excuses for our loss.

Talk about the pot and the fuggin kettle.......

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Wait it is official.

After all that you only read one word.

Frazod
10-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Wait it is official.

After all that you only read one word.

Shit, you got me. ROFL

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Do you hear it HERE? From me? From people like BigRedChief or Hamas? No. Or at least not initially. I defy you or anybody else to find a thread started by an acknowledged Cards fan dissing the Royals.

I'm sorry you're surrounded by assholes in real life, but that's not my fault.

No I know its not you guys, heck I even said that to Hamas I believe in the game thread last night.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 12:08 AM
It amazes me how some of you guys can come here week after week whining about how the league hates the Chiefs, Broncos had vaseline on their jerseys, cheated the cap, etc........

Then when Cardinals fans have a legitimate gripe, we're whiners, making excuses for our loss.

Talk about the pot and the fuggin kettle.......

I haven't mentioned the Donx game since 1997. There's one guy in thread -a Cards fan - who will bring it up at any time though. But he's a Cards fan, too.
Funny how that works...

So, once again, let's try to get to the heart of the matter:

How is it legitimate?

I'll ask the questions again:

LaRussa is the most uptight manager in the history of the league. Why did he not press the issue?

You're gripe lasted one inning of one game. If the umpires felt it was pine tar, why was Rogers not given the thumb?

So far, nobody wants to answer these questions.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 12:10 AM
And since it's after midnight, I'm off this thread. It's on to game 3.

Good luck Cards fans.

SPchief

I got bombed last week becuase I spoke about Cards fans. Thanks for backing me up.

Halfcan
Larussa was high on Meth okay-he thought it might be drugs out of his stash so he did not want to make a big deal of it.

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Missouri does have the worst roads.

Frazod
10-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Missouri does have the worst roads.

Yeah, it's hard to argue that one.

Of course, we actually have people who drive on them. :)

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 12:18 AM
I only think of 2 things when I think of this ****hole Missouri, bad roads and corrupt Kansas City government. I pretty much act like St. Louis is in Illinois.

OnTheWarpath58
10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
I haven't mentioned the Donx game since 1997. There's one guy in thread -a Cards fan - who will bring it up at any time though. But he's a Cards fan, too.
Funny how that works...

How is it legitimate?

I think seeing the same brown spot below his palm in his last three starts pretty much speaks for itself.....

LaRussa is the most uptight manager in the history of the league. Why did he not press the issue?

What else is he supposed to do? He told the umpire that his players felt that the ball was doing "funny things." The ump went to the mound to check it out. More on that later.

You're gripe lasted one inning of one game.

Who's gripe? The Cardinals? Or the hundreds of writers, broadcasters and talk show hosts who have come right out and said that KR is a cheater? And the pictures from the previous games prove that the gripe covers more than one innning of one game.

If the umpires felt it was pine tar, why was Rogers not given the thumb?

You'd have to ask the umpires why they didn't do their job. I've yet to see a replay where the umpire actually inspected Rogers hand, yet the ump was convinced it was dirt?

I for one am not using it as an excuse for the loss, we lost. Move on to game 3.....what pisses me off is that MLB just sweeps it under the rug like everything else. They had an opportunity to clean up the game, in what is supposed to be its finest hour, and blew it.

And they wonder why they've lost some fans.....just one of many reasons.....

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Funny how that works...

How is it legitimate?

You're gripe lasted one inning of one game. If the umpires felt it was pine tar, why was Rogers not given the thumb?

This is bullshit. All the way. You call me a punk because I'm stating things clearly, get off your f*cking high horse and quit being a world class asshole. You're normally a pretty good poster, but lately you've just been trolling in the baseball threads willing to use any excuse to bash the cards or their fans.

Was there substance on Rogers' hand in the 1st? Unequivocally. Was there shit on his hand afterwards? Possibly, but you can't be certain.

What do the rules say? If a player has a foreign substance on the mound (which the cameras CLEARLY caught) he is ejected and suspended for 10 games.

What he did the next 7 innings is immaterial....he cheated and he should have been kicked out.

The moral of this story from your standpoint thus seems to be that a) it is ok to cheat to win, b) Cards fans are whiners, and c) none of this applies to the Chiefs. All I'm asking for is a little consistency, and despite the avalanche of bandwidth that has probably been used over the years complaining about what happened in Arrowhead against Denver, you seem to find selective amnesia as the easiest recourse when it happens to a team or a fanbase that you don't like.

That's hypocrisy. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 12:26 AM
I hate to break this to all the Cards fans but baseball has always celebrated cheating, especially by pitchers. I'm sure LaRussa has been guilty of it a few times.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2006, 12:30 AM
I hate to break this to all the Cards fans but baseball has always celebrated cheating, especially by pitchers. I'm sure LaRussa has been guilty of it a few times.

Didn't Tavraez get busted for it last year?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2006, 12:31 AM
And Fraz,

To clarify, Weaver gave up 9 hits in 5 IP. By my count, it's hard to blame him on several of those. Ordonez had a jam shot single just over Eckstein's head in the first. He also hit an opposite field weak jam liner than Miles couldn't quite get to. Santiago hit a very weak ball that a lazy Encarnacion didn't hustle to get to, and Inge hit a little Opp Field duck snort.

Guillen hit two balls hard and Monroe beat the piss out of his homerun. Casey ripped a single on him. Those were the only really hard hit balls. Casey also intentionally dove into a pitch.

He only had one walk, so he wasn't that wild, but it was definitely his worst outing of the PS, and far more reminiscent of the regular season "off-Weaver", IMO.

OnTheWarpath58
10-24-2006, 12:31 AM

Really? Celebrated cheating?

Is that why hundreds of writers, talk show hosts, commentators, etc are calling out Rogers?

I hate to break it to you, but he's not being celebrated, he's being branded with the scarlet letter.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Didn't Tavraez get busted for it last year?

2 years ago, for pine tar on his cap. Ironically, Kenny Rogers is the only detroit player not to wear a standard edition New Era cap that has a grey underside. His is all black. Maybe he just likes the fit :shrug:

(go to espn.com and read uni watch for more detail)

Halfcan
10-24-2006, 12:32 AM
KC still has shitty roads but I think it is getting better. Independence has been terrific about fixing the roads.

Mo. has a lot of beautiful parts-to call it a shithole just shows how stoopid you really are.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2006, 12:38 AM
William,

And one more thing, if I could take back the McGwire years, I would. That cocksucker pissed on a fan base that treated him like he was the prodigal son, when all the while he couldn't lead a whore to bed, and he was a cheat. There are very few instances in sports where you wished you hadn't rooted for someone. McGwire is that rare instance for me.

I have no respect for him as a man or as a baseball player. I hope he never sets foot inside our stadium again.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2006, 12:41 AM
William,

And one more thing, if I could take back the McGwire years, I would. That cocksucker pissed on a fan base that treated him like he was the prodigal son, when all the while he couldn't lead a whore to bed, and he was a cheat. There are very few instances in sports where you wished you hadn't rooted for someone. McGwire is that rare instance for me.

I have no respect for him as a man or as a baseball player. I hope he never sets foot inside our stadium again.

Well that cocksucker is the reason St. Louis has the payroll they do now.

Cochise
10-24-2006, 12:45 AM
William,

And one more thing, if I could take back the McGwire years, I would. That one who sucks the penis pissed on a fan base that treated him like he was the prodigal son, when all the while he couldn't lead a whore to bed, and he was a cheat. There are very few instances in sports where you wished you hadn't rooted for someone. McGwire is that rare instance for me.

I didn't know Cardinals fans felt like this. Is that the prevailing attitude?

OnTheWarpath58
10-24-2006, 12:53 AM

I echo Hamas' feelings on the subject.

As far as the prevailing attitude, I'd say it leans heavily in that direction. At least with the true fans, and fans of the game. Every once in a while I'll see somebody in a MM jersey at the yard, and it's usually someone who looks like they haven't been to a game since Mac played, or know jack shit about the game.

Guru
10-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Kenny Rogers = Eddie Harris from Major League

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6433/sdf111bv3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
You put snot on the ball?

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 01:04 AM
This is bullshit. All the way. You call me a punk because I'm stating things clearly, get off your f*cking high horse and quit being a world class asshole. You're normally a pretty good poster, but lately you've just been trolling in the baseball threads willing to use any excuse to bash the cards or their fans.

Was there substance on Rogers' hand in the 1st? Unequivocally. Was there shit on his hand afterwards? Possibly, but you can't be certain.

What do the rules say? If a player has a foreign substance on the mound (which the cameras CLEARLY caught) he is ejected and suspended for 10 games.

What he did the next 7 innings is immaterial....he cheated and he should have been kicked out.

The moral of this story from your standpoint thus seems to be that a) it is ok to cheat to win, b) Cards fans are whiners, and c) none of this applies to the Chiefs. All I'm asking for is a little consistency, and despite the avalanche of bandwidth that has probably been used over the years complaining about what happened in Arrowhead against Denver, you seem to find selective amnesia as the easiest recourse when it happens to a team or a fanbase that you don't like.

That's hypocrisy. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

I troll the baseball threads? Why you....

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 01:09 AM

Is that why hundreds of writers, talk show hosts, commentators, etc are calling out Rogers?

I hate to break it to you, but he's not being celebrated, he's being branded with the scarlet letter.

Shit. Get real. Nobody, and I mean nobody celebrates Kenny Rogers. Why do you thing those "Hundreds of writers" are all over this story?

Rogers has been hated since his days in Texas, long before he attacked the camerman.

tk13
10-24-2006, 01:18 AM
It's funny, because I'm a Royals fan, and I'll defend McGwire to a point. I watched him play enough times... I'd go just to watch him play. To be honest I don't think it mattered, the guy could hit a baseball a loooong way. Even if he never took a steroid, I think he could've broken Maris' record. I mean just watching him take batting practice.... A lot of these other guys were on the juice... they'd get up there and hit a couple balls over the fence... McGwire would get up there and deposit 14 balls in the upper deck, he was the most freakish athlete I've ever seen. The things he could do to a baseball were inhumane. Either he was better than everybody else or he was taking some secret super potion.

He is the reason the Cards fanbase is probably bigger than ever though.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 01:27 AM
It's funny, because I'm a Royals fan, and I'll defend McGwire to a point. I watched him play enough times... I'd go just to watch him play. To be honest I don't think it mattered, the guy could hit a baseball a loooong way. Even if he never took a steroid, I think he could've broken Maris' record. I mean just watching him take batting practice.... A lot of these other guys were on the juice... they'd get up there and hit a couple balls over the fence... McGwire would get up there and deposit 14 balls in the upper deck, he was the most freakish athlete I've ever seen. The things he could do to a baseball were inhumane. Either he was better than everybody else or he was taking some secret super potion.

Steroids weren't the word used back when he would come to town with the A's.

Bill James said way back in 89: "Souped up"

tk13
10-24-2006, 01:30 AM
And as far as the topic, after thinking about it for a day or so...

Really to be honest, if this happened to the Royals I'd probably be pretty ticked. But, on the other hand, this wasn't like Denkinger at all, because LaRussa could've gone out and done something about it, and didn't. That'd probably make it more frustrating. LaRussa's usually such a jerk, haha, you think he would've pressed the issue more.

GoodDaySir!
10-24-2006, 01:54 AM
Only on here can the '97 playoff loss be brought up on a world series thread. What a sad, angry, bitter soul.

Halfcan
10-24-2006, 02:00 AM

It did not help him hit a baseball-but if you look at his stats prior to the record breaking year-he had a ton of injuries and missed games. The roids helped him get over the nagging injuries and play through them. His HR's per bat did not change much-just games played.

Papi
10-24-2006, 06:25 AM
First off, I don't see why any STL lovers should be posting here, this is a Chiefs forum. I don't understand how anyone could be a Chiefs AND Cardinals fan or a Royals AND Rams fan - pick a F****n town and support it. Otherwise you're a bandwagoner, the most ugly and shameless of all sports fans. I'm from KC, I live in Springfield (which is bandwagon city) and have to put up with too many St. Louians. A previous poster had it right, it's not your team its the Cardinals fans' attitude that annoys the hell out of me.
Moving on and getting on topic - I had a discussion with a co-worker today about why no one has done anything about the crap on Kenny's hand. Could be that with all the scams and crap that has put baseball on the outs with many Americans, they just don't want to draw any more attention to cheating and lose more interest. Pitchers using substances would be the icing on the cake to steroid use :thumb:

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 07:13 AM

I said "baseball" not the media.

BigRedChief
10-24-2006, 07:35 AM

Welll....the archives await some searching. A lot of us have been here awhile..should be easy to find right?:shake:

You won't find it because I give the Royals fan props all the time. And deservely so sticking with a team that loses 100 games almost every year thats tough on a fan. After the Bob Gibson, Lou Brock etc era ended in St. Louis until the Whitey era started we sucked. Been there done that. It ain't fun.

BigRedChief
10-24-2006, 07:41 AM

Yes, I never liked McGuire. I thought he was cheating and I didn't want to win like that. I thought the Broncos cheated to win and I didn't care if my team ever won a championship if it had to cheat to do it.

McGuire was an interloper in Cards history. Just another sad tale during the Steriod era.

BigRedChief
10-24-2006, 07:43 AM

No way. Talk to long time Card fans. He's not liked at all by the majority.

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 07:46 AM
No way. Talk to long time Card fans. He's not liked at all by the majority.

I have respect for the long time Cardinals fans, but there are PLENTY of bandwagoners over on this side of the state and I am sure in the southern part of the state. That being said I am rooting against the birds simply because of Larussa.

BigRedChief
10-24-2006, 08:10 AM
I have respect for the long time Cardinals fans, but there are PLENTY of bandwagoners over on this side of the state and I am sure in the southern part of the state. That being said I am rooting against the birds simply because of Larussa.I've never met a Cardinals bandwagon fan.

As I mentioned in another thread.....My son is a 5th generation Cardinal fan. His great great grandfather attended games and watched Dizzy Dean and the Gas house gang play. We are going to the World Series game tommorrow night. A chance to see your team play live in a championship game? Isn't that what all fans would love to happen?

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2006, 08:29 AM
I've never met a Cardinals bandwagon fan.

Come down to Springfield or Central Missouri, I will let you meet quite a few.

BigRedChief
10-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Come down to Springfield or Central Missouri, I will let you meet quite a few.

I was born and raised in Springfield. Grew up listening to Jack Buck and Harey Carey on the radio. I've been up here in KC for 15 years now but its hard to believe that Springfield is now a Cardinal bandwagon town.

Frazod
10-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Only on here can the '97 playoff loss be brought up on a world series thread. What a sad, angry, bitter soul.

Actually, several people brought it up.

But its better than being a gutless turd.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 09:14 AM
And as far as the topic, after thinking about it for a day or so...

Really to be honest, if this happened to the Royals I'd probably be pretty ticked. But, on the other hand, this wasn't like Denkinger at all, because LaRussa could've gone out and done something about it, and didn't. That'd probably make it more frustrating. LaRussa's usually such a jerk, haha, you think he would've pressed the issue more.

Thus the question no Cards fan wants to touch: Why didn't LaRussa do something?

Brcause it's a tempest in teapot.

Frazod
10-24-2006, 09:18 AM
First off, I don't see why any STL lovers should be posting here, this is a Chiefs forum. I don't understand how anyone could be a Chiefs AND Cardinals fan or a Royals AND Rams fan - pick a F****n town and support it. Otherwise you're a bandwagoner, the most ugly and shameless of all sports fans. I'm from KC, I live in Springfield (which is bandwagon city) and have to put up with too many St. Louians. A previous poster had it right, it's not your team its the Cardinals fans' attitude that annoys the hell out of me.
Moving on and getting on topic - I had a discussion with a co-worker today about why no one has done anything about the crap on Kenny's hand. Could be that with all the scams and crap that has put baseball on the outs with many Americans, they just don't want to draw any more attention to cheating and lose more interest. Pitchers using substances would be the icing on the cake to steroid use :thumb:

F#ck you. I root for the Cardinals because I always rooted for the Cardinals. Not everybody who likes the Chiefs was raised chained to a pole in Kansas City.

Alton deFlat
10-24-2006, 09:18 AM
I've learned to hate Kansas because of people on ChiefsPlanet. I never gave the state or any of its schools a second thought before I started posting here; I just thought it was a godawful place to drive through. Is it fair to people from Kansas that aren't dicks? No. But it seems like for every decent Kansas fan there are two assholes who never shut up. At least I heap my abuse where it has been earned.

Don't lump us all in that "dicks" catagory. There are a lot of Cardinals fans in my corner of the state. I became a Cards fan in 1968, when the Royals were a twinkle a EK's eyes.

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 09:27 AM
First off, I don't see why any STL lovers should be posting here, this is a Chiefs forum. I don't understand how anyone could be a Chiefs AND Cardinals fan or a Royals AND Rams fan - pick a F****n town and support it. Otherwise you're a bandwagoner, the most ugly and shameless of all sports fans.

Wow, that's profound.

I guess you failed to consider those of us who don't live in KC, don't live in St. Louis, have NEVER lived in Missouri, and root for the team WE GREW UP ROOTING FOR.

Everytime one of these threads gets going, I continue to be amazed.

Pissy whiny Royals fans ATTACK and then want to act all high and mighty when Cardinal fans DEFEND THEMSELVES.

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 09:28 AM
I've never met a Cardinals bandwagon fan.

As I mentioned in another thread.....My son is a 5th generation Cardinal fan. His great great grandfather attended games and watched Dizzy Dean and the Gas house gang play. We are going to the World Series game tommorrow night. A chance to see your team play live in a championship game? Isn't that what all fans would love to happen?

I am saying I have seen many of them, I have seen alot of Cardinals stuff during the past 2-3 years, but I never saw or sold much of it (when I ran a sporting apparel store for 5 years) until the Cardinals got real good again. That is all I'm saying.

Frazod
10-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Don't lump us all in that "dicks" catagory. There are a lot of Cardinals fans in my corner of the state. I became a Cards fan in 1968, when the Royals were a twinkle a EK's eyes.

I try not to. But its not easy....... :)

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Good thing about this is that once the Royals become good again the state will divide itself down the middle again.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 09:33 AM
This isn't a thread about the Royals or their fans. It's been diverted that way about 12 times.

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 09:34 AM
This isn't a thread about the Royals or their fans. It's been diverted that way about 12 times.

Popular diversion I see. It is about Kenny Rogers "cheating", and why Dirtbag Larussa didn't call him on it...

Alton deFlat
10-24-2006, 09:35 AM
First off, I don't see why any STL lovers should be posting here, this is a Chiefs forum. I don't understand how anyone could be a Chiefs AND Cardinals fan or a Royals AND Rams fan - pick a F****n town and support it. Otherwise you're a bandwagoner, the most ugly and shameless of all sports fans.

Bandwagon fan my ass. I root for the friggin' team, not the city. If you want to call someone a bandwagon fan, that has been a fan of
that team for 38 years, then go ahead. Plus, like you, I don't live in KC or St. Louis. I've been a diehard Chiefs fan since 1969 and just as crazy about the Cardinals since 1968. I've lived through miserable seasons by both, and never, ever wavered from that passion.
I know a girl that was a Rich Gannon fan when he played for the Chiefs. When he left for the dark side, she became a Raiders fan.... even bought a damn black and silver SUV. Now she loves Peyton Manning, so now she's a Colts fan. That's a bandwagon fan... or maybe she's just a nut.

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Bandwagon fan my ass. I root for the friggin' team, not the city. If you want to call someone a bandwagon fan, that has been a fan of
that team for 38 years, then go ahead. Plus, like you, I don't live in KC or St. Louis. I've been a diehard Chiefs fan since 1969 and just as crazy about the Cardinals since 1968. I've lived through miserable seasons by both, and never, ever wavered from that passion.
I know a girl that was a Rich Gannon fan when he played for the Chiefs. When he left for the dark side, she became a Raiders fan.... even bought a damn black and silver SUV. Now she loves Peyton Manning, so now she's a Colts fan. That's a bandwagon fan.

That is called being a fan of a player, a bandwagon fan is someone who only starts rooting for a team when they are winning. Shoot I saw thousands of them after the Buccaneers won the superbowl. But heck I would rather see them in a Bucs jersey than a Cowboys jersey.

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 09:43 AM

It wasn't Cardinal fans that tried to divert it and you know it.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 09:46 AM
It wasn't Cardinal fans that tried to divert it and you know it.

I believe the first post that mentioned Royals fans and crying was you. That was when cochise posted :There's already a thread for you to cry in.
Correct?

Frazod
10-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Typical Cardinals thread on ChiefsPlanet:

Cards fan: The Cardinals are playing tonight.

Royal Hater 1: F#ck the Cardinals.

Royal Hater 2: F#ck the Cardinals fans.

Royal Hater 3: I hate St. Loser. They should all go die.

Cards fan: Screw you guys.

Royal Haters: YOU'RE ARROGANT!

:shake:

Brock
10-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Typical Cardinals thread on ChiefsPlanet:

Cards fan: The Cardinals are playing tonight.

Royal Hater 1: F#ck the Cardinals.

Royal Hater 2: F#ck the Cardinals fans.

Royal Hater 3: I hate St. Loser. They should all go die.

Cards fan: Screw you guys.

Royal Haters: YOU'RE ARROGANT!

:shake:

Denkinger!

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Close Fraz..

Baseball fan: Why didn't LaRussa have the umps inspect Rogers?

Cards fan: You Royals fans piss me off.

Baseball fan: So maybe LaRussa didn't have them inspect Rogers because maybe his own team does the same thing? You know like Tavares?

Cards fan: Haters!!! We don't cheat!!!!

Baseball fan: Why does LaRussa wear sunglasses at night? Is it so I can, So i can...?

Cards fan: Haters!!! I'ma 4th generation Cardinal fans. Sporting News says we are knowlegable.

Baseball fan: So why didn't LaRussa have the umpires inspect Rogers?

Cards Fan: You Kansas people are dicks. Got no stadiums, no teams...

Al Bundy
10-24-2006, 10:03 AM
I believe that sums it up.

Frazod
10-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Close Fraz..

Baseball fan: Why didn't LaRussa have the umps inspect Rogers?

Cards fan: You Royals fans piss me off.

Baseball fan: So maybe LaRussa didn't have them inspect Rogers because maybe his own team does the same thing? You know like Tavares?

Cards fan: Haters!!! We don't cheat!!!!

Baseball fan: Why does LaRussa wear sunglasses at night? Is it so I can, So i can...?

Cards fan: Haters!!! I'ma 4th generation Cardinal fans. Sporting News says we are knowlegable.

Baseball fan: So why didn't LaRussa have the umpires inspect Rogers?

Cards Fan: You Kansas people are dicks. Got no stadiums, no teams...

Well, that's Part 2. Mine's Part 1. :D

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, that's Part 2. Mine's Part 1. :D

Olive branch to you.

I'll be a good boy from here on out.*

*Unless LaRussa does something that bugs me.

Frazod
10-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Olive branch to you.

I'm sure I hate him more than you do. :#

BigRedChief
10-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Olive branch to you.

We are both Irish and Chief fans.

AHHHH come on give me a hug.....

Frazod
10-24-2006, 10:10 AM
:grouphug:
So does this mean you're all on the bandwagon?

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I believe the first post that mentioned Royals fans and crying was you. That was when cochise posted :There's already a thread for you to cry in.
Correct?

Check again.

The first two posts in this thread, after the thread starter are:

Cochise
10-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Check again.

The first two posts in this thread, after the thread starter are:

What I meant by that was to :rolleyes: at the original poster for crying about it, and also to point out that the topic was being discussed in another thread if he wanted to refer to the discussion already in progress. It could have been a fan of any team posting that, I don't feel like it had anything to do with the fact that I don't like the Cardinals.

Ari Chi3fs
10-24-2006, 10:36 AM
LaRussa and Leyland are great friends... I think LaRussa didnt contest it too heavily as to not upset the applecart with his best bud.

If LaRussa had nuts, he could have got Rogers eliminated from the game, insuring that the Cards had a better changed to win the game.

LaRussa = nutless.

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 10:37 AM
What I meant by that was to :rolleyes: at the original poster for crying about it, and also to point out that the topic was being discussed in another thread if he wanted to refer to the discussion already in progress. It could have been a fan of any team posting that, I don't feel like it had anything to do with the fact that I don't like the Cardinals.

Well,

1) He wasn't crying. It's a legitimate discussion, which is further validated by the fact that every media outlet in the country is talking about it.

2) You chose to use the word "crying". You could have easily said something like "There's already a thread about this". Instead you chose to use inflammatory words. Those inflammatory words were used because you don't like the Cardinals, were they not?

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 10:40 AM
We are both Irish and Chief fans.

AHHHH come on give me a hug.....

So does this mean you're all on the bandwagon?

Well... I would do that, but the bandwagon thing.... it might look bad. Plus, I don't want to get blamed should they not win it all.

I'm sure you understand.

Can I still bag on LaRussa? If I go too fat you can tell me and I'll stop.

Cochise
10-24-2006, 10:40 AM
You chose to use the word "crying". You could have easily said something like "There's already a thread about this". Instead you chose to use inflammatory words. Those inflammatory words were used because you don't like the Cardinals, were they not?

It was more like me stirring the pot. I think that I probably would have had the same response to any kind of a "cheatar!!" thread. But yeah, sure I would be more likely to stir the pot with Cardinals fans than others.

I think the whole debate about who started talking about the Royals is kind of silly, when you say something negative or chide another team's fans, your team is always going to be brought up, no matter who 'your team' is. :shrug:

Cochise
10-24-2006, 10:44 AM
LaRussa and Leyland are great friends... I think LaRussa didnt contest it too heavily as to not upset the applecart with his best bud.

If LaRussa had nuts, he could have got Rogers eliminated from the game, insuring that the Cards had a better changed to win the game.

LaRussa = nutless.

From what I heard, for example Dusty Baker was saying it on TV, basically a large number of pitchers doctor the ball, and I think he said 40% probably do it on a regular basis. That it was something of a gentleman's agreement that you didn't say anything and the other side wouldn't either.

Another view is that some people say, to get more grip on the ball is accepted, but not to the point where you get unnatural movement on your pitches. Did Rogers get unnatural movement? After he washed his hands he still mowed down batters so I would say not.

Combined with Gammons saying that the Cardinals have several pitchers who routinely doctor the baseball and that Larussa didn't want everyone being inspected for the whole series and I think that the truth lies in the neighborhood of this understanding of things.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Well,

1) He wasn't crying. It's a legitimate discussion, which is further validated by the fact that every media outlet in the country is talking about it.

2) You chose to use the word "crying". You could have easily said something like "There's already a thread about this". Instead you chose to use inflammatory words. Those inflammatory words were used because you don't like the Cardinals, were they not?

And he got plenty of legitimate discussion. But most people (especially Cards fans) ignored that. Instead concentrating on how it related to the Donx in 97.

Christ, you talk about a reach.

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 10:51 AM
It was more like me stirring the pot. I think that I probably would have had the same response to any kind of a "cheatar!!" thread. But yeah, sure I would be more likely to stir the pot with Cardinals fans than others.

I think the whole debate about who started talking about the Royals is kind of silly, when you say something negative or chide another team's fans, your team is always going to be brought up, no matter who 'your team' is. :shrug:

The Royals wouldn't have come up AT ALL if every Cardinals thread created in this board hadn't been invaded.

I could do a quick search and produce hundreds of examples.

BigRedChief
10-24-2006, 11:08 AM
SI has a series of photos posted on their website of the same "dirt" on his hand in the same spot all the way back to a July 10th start against the White Sox
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.mlb.rogers/content.1.html?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2006, 12:10 PM
So if I grew up in the middle of Missouri before there was such a thing as the St. Louis Rams and therefore I root for two in-state sports teams in separate sports, I'm a bandwagoner.

I grew up listening to the Cards and Chiefs on the radio, and with the benefit of watching the Chiefs on the tube. That's why I'm a fan of both franchises.

Papi, go shove Ortiz's head up your ass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2006, 04:44 PM
The immortal Hal McRae agrees with my assertion that he was also scuffing the ball :shrug:

Fairplay
10-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Im going to be a pitcher! a pitcher !!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/fairplay/hands.jpg

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 05:26 PM
My old buddy, Gaylord Perry chimes in: From USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/playoffs/2006-10-24-gaylord-perry-rogers_x.htm

"I was havin' a ball watchin' it!" Perry drawled. "The greatest thing you can do is get a hitter thinking you're doing something. You got him right where you want him."

It didn't matter whether he was doctoring the ball. It mattered that hitters thought he was doctoring the ball

I love gaylord Perry. Not so much because he threw a great spitter, but because the day of the real Pine Tar game back in 83, during all the confusion after Brett went after umpire Tim McClellan, Perry snuck the bat away into the clubhouse where the umps couldn't find it.

He was great.