PDA

View Full Version : Steelers? Will they get hot like last year

MarcusAllen33
10-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Hey everyone ,new to the board. Look forward to chatting with you about chiefs football. Do you think the steelers will get hot like they did last season ,or are they done? It seems like they throw away more games with turnovers then any team ,i have seen this year. They were dominating the Bengals 4 weeks ago ,then had multiple unforced turnovers,they helped get the Bengals back in the game. Yesterday they were up 17-7 ,on verge of blowing out the Falcons ,then they start fumbling punts ,Snaps. It was ridiculous.

They seem like the type of team ,that can catch fire at any time ,if they can limit the turnovers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 12:59 PM
How was OJ's wife?

MarcusAllen33
10-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Nichole was just fine

DaFace
10-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the board!

As for the Steelers, I don't see them coming back like they did last year. The only reason they were able to make the run they did last year was an intense emotional high on getting Bettis to the super bowl. I just don't see much of a spark in the team this year.

I think they'll end up close to even, but not in the playoffs.

tk13
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
They better get hot fast, or the AFC is going to run away from them. Really they might have to go 8-2 the rest of the way now. And they still have to play Denver, New Orleans, @ Carolina, @ Cincy, Baltimore twice. They've got an uphill road. Especially with Batch, no Joey Porter, etc.

MarcusAllen33
10-23-2006, 01:04 PM
It just seems like there in control of a lot of games,then they start fumbling like crazy. Punts ,kickoffs ,fumbled snaps.

cdcox
10-23-2006, 01:23 PM
They are still a very good team (as we saw last week), but everything seems to be going against them this year (Roethlisberger's crash, appendicitis, bad play, injury; Rumors about Cowher's retirement; Porter; that dude freezing his foot; turnovers). Just when they got things going last week, they lose to the Falcons this week. There are 9 teams ahead of them in the AFC record wise and they have losses against many of the teams that hurt their tiebreaker chances. It seems that this is not their year, and when that happens there isn't a lot you can do about it.

MarcusAllen33
10-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Good point

NJ Chief Fan
10-23-2006, 03:39 PM
the steelers are always inconsistent good for a couple years suck for a the next couple

Dave Lane
10-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey everyone ,new to the board. Look forward to chatting with you about chiefs football. Do you think the steelers will get hot like they did last season ,or are they done? It seems like they throw away more games with turnovers then any team ,i have seen this year. They were dominating the Bengals 4 weeks ago ,then had multiple unforced turnovers,they helped get the Bengals back in the game. Yesterday they were up 17-7 ,on verge of blowing out the Falcons ,then they start fumbling punts ,Snaps. It was ridiculous.

They seem like the type of team ,that can catch fire at any time ,if they can limit the turnovers.

They are done, no way they go 9-2 the rest of the way their season is over.

Dave

runnercyclist
10-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Steelers finish 9-7

jidar
10-23-2006, 04:32 PM
I'd say it's more than unlikely at this point that they make the playoffs.