PDA

View Full Version : As long as we are posting appreciation threads..

Frankie
10-23-2006, 02:56 PM
I haven't seen one for Jimmy Wilkerson. Everytime he was in he was causing havoc. He's got a motor not unlike Allen's or Hali's. This is one fan who really appreciates JW's efforts. Are there any more?

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I've been a Wilkerson fan since the late 80s. He can get the job done. My only challenge is that he seems too small to be a DT and too big to be a DE.

FAX
10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Jimmah! Jimmah Jimmah Jimmah!!

You're right, Mr. Frankie. In fact, it may be that the play of our ends is elevating the play of the entire d-line. At least I hope that's the case.

FAX

runnercyclist
10-23-2006, 05:51 PM
I didn't notice #70 at all yesterday. Was the bearcat active for the game?

Short Leash Hootie
10-23-2006, 05:56 PM
I agree...Wilkerson is quietly playing very good football this season.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2006, 06:00 PM
yep ..... it's a crime that wilkerson didn't replace Hicks years ago.

Count Alex's Losses
10-23-2006, 06:25 PM
We lined up in an interesting formation yesterday. Allen was at LE with Wilkerson at RE. Hali was doing his falcon thing.

FAX
10-23-2006, 07:03 PM
We lined up in an interesting formation yesterday. Allen was at LE with Wilkerson at RE. Hali was doing his falcon thing.

I saw that, Mr. GoChiefs. Wasn't that one of the plays in which we got to Rivers in the backfield?

FAX

the Talking Can
10-23-2006, 07:07 PM
hell yeah

he's the kind of solid depth you need for a good squad...borderline starter talent at bargain prices

Frankie
10-24-2006, 09:35 AM
hell yeah

he's the kind of solid depth you need for a good squad...borderline starter talent at bargain prices
Until Wilkerson moves on to greener pastures. I hope he stays though. If he does we'll be set at DE for years.

Fish
10-24-2006, 10:10 AM

I like this formation as well.... Hali has looked pretty good so far as a roaming falcon-type lineman... hope we see more of this.

Iowanian
10-24-2006, 10:22 AM
I noticed Wilkerson had picked it up this preseason. I noticed how vocal he was on the field at Mankato in that scrimmage, and that he had a motor. I absolutely think he should be getting into the rotation, and on passing downs, should be a DT....I also noticed the package with him at DE and Hali in the falcon.....that could be something.