PDA

View Full Version : Mike Solari vs Jesus Saunders

Count Zarth
10-23-2006, 05:37 PM
I started this on another thread, but it deserves it's own.

Week 7 -

Mike Solari's offense: 295 yards per game, 18.3 points per game,

Jesus Saunders' offense: 326 yards per game, 18 points per game

Crashride
10-23-2006, 06:14 PM
If you wanna crown him then crown his ass!

Less yards but more points

Adept Havelock
10-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Huh. I never knew Saunders was Hispanic.

Basileus777
10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Huh. I never knew Saunders was Hispanic.

Its the Lou Pinella effect.

Lzen
10-23-2006, 06:28 PM
It should also be pointed out that Solari has had a backup QB and 2 new tackles to work with.

Coach
10-23-2006, 06:35 PM
It should also be pointed out that Solari has had a backup QB and 2 new tackles to work with.

Fair point. However, in Washington, they still have the whole offensive players learning the new scheme under Saunders.

Basileus777
10-23-2006, 06:38 PM

To be fair, that backup qb is miles better than Mark "checkdown to a rb every play" Brunell.

FAX
10-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Solari has left a lot of points on the field, that's certain. Much of that has not been his fault, however.

A lot of Jesus' yards have come very late in the game, too. He should have to share those stats with Santana.

FAX

Adept Havelock
10-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Its the Lou Pinella effect.

:LOL:

the Talking Can
10-23-2006, 06:57 PM
they're hitting hard...Barber took some shots

Deberg_1990
10-23-2006, 06:59 PM

Week 7 -

Sometimes, i honestly dont know why you post this sort of crap? Whats the point? But to be fair, a more realistic comparison might be Saunders 1st year here in 2001 to this year in Washington.

RINGLEADER
10-23-2006, 07:00 PM

So true.

If the Chiefs manage to get into the post-season I would nominate Herm for coach of the year after what they've had to deal with this season.

Did I just say that?

[still can't figure out how to make the wide-eyed smilie]

Count Zarth
10-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Sometimes, i honestly dont know why you post this sort of crap? Whats the point? But to be fair, a more realistic comparison might be Saunders 1st year here in 2001 to this year in Washington.

Why is it crap? I think it's interesting.

I also don't think that's a good comparison. The gap in talent between the 2001 Chiefs and the 2006 Redskins is HUGE.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Why is it crap? I think it's interesting.

I also don't think that's a good comparison. The gap in talent between the 2001 Chiefs and the 2006 Redskins is HUGE.

True, but they were both transitional years as far as installing a new system and trying to find all the right pieces and fit them into place.

At that point we didnt have Roaf or Kennison.

Washington has better WR's than we had that year though.

It should also be noted that there is alot more pressure on Saunders this year in DC (He came in being noted as a savior) than there ever was in KC in 2001.

Fans in DC need to be patient. Saunders will get it done if given the time and all the pieces. Unfortunately, knowing their history there, i doubt they will be.

Direckshun
10-23-2006, 07:12 PM
At this point, I still have to take Jesus over Mike.

Why, you may ask? Are you an idiot, you may inquire? Considering everything Solari has to use vs. Saunders' unlimited weaponry, you may further question?

Consistency. Week in, week out, Saunders' Chiefs' O showed up to play, put up a lot of yardage, usually put up good points, and rarely stumbled. Solari has not yet shown that consistency.

But I'm glad the comparison is far slimmer than I thought it'd be at the start of the season.

Count Zarth
10-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Week in, week out, Saunders' Chiefs' O showed up to play, put up a lot of yardage, usually put up good points, and rarely stumbled.

ROFL

Did you watch the games last year? We had several bad games offensively.

dtebbe
10-23-2006, 07:18 PM
ROFL

Most of those bad games under Saunders were when Roaf was out. Solari has put the numbers up this year WITHOUT Roaf. I'd like to see a comparison of the two without Roaf in the line up. Solari would be killing Saunders.

DT

Count Zarth
10-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Most of those bad games under Saunders were when Roaf was out.

This is true, and it's why I have repeatedly said Saunders was overrated.

RINGLEADER
10-23-2006, 07:21 PM

Or you could compare what he's done to what the Redskins did last year:

Week 1 - 323 - 09
Week 2 - 346 - 14
Week 3 - BYE
Week 4 - 352 - 20
Week 5 - 447 - 19
Week 6 - 398 - 21
Week 7 - 457 - 52

That would average out to 387.2 yards per game (versus 325.9 yards per game for Sanders) and 22.5 points per game (versus 20.0 points per game for Sanders).

Yes, I have nothing better to do right now... :)

Direckshun
10-23-2006, 07:25 PM
ROFL

1. Couldn't do crap in Denver.
2. Didn't exist in Buffalo.
3. Played poorly against the Giants.

And that's it. Everything else varied from a solid effort to a great effort, offensively.

And we've already had three poor offensive games this season, six games in. The other three were quality. 50%.

Now, it can change. But that's the very definition of inconsistency.

Valiant
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
True, but they were both transitional years as far as installing a new system and trying to find all the right pieces and fit them into place.

At that point we didnt have Roaf or Kennison.

Washington has better WR's than we had that year though.

It should also be noted that there is alot more pressure on Saunders this year in DC (He came in being noted as a savior) than there ever was in KC in 2001.

Fans in DC need to be patient. Saunders will get it done if given the time and all the pieces. Unfortunately, knowing their history there, i doubt they will be.

Im hoping they can is ass at the end of year and he comes back to us... :)

Deberg_1990
10-23-2006, 07:36 PM

Thats a very real possibility that he gets canned. Especially if Gibbs gets canned. Knowing the history and impatience of Dan Synder.

I doubt Saunders comes back here though....To be honest, its time to move on folks.

Adept Havelock
10-23-2006, 07:44 PM
The 03-05 O-Line had a great deal to do with Saunders success. Give Solari blocking like that, and I'm sure he'd have comparable numbers.

mikey23545
10-23-2006, 07:53 PM
The 03-05 O-Line had a great deal to do with Saunders success. Give Solari blocking like that, and I'm sure he'd have comparable numbers.

Word.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2006, 08:01 PM
complete BS attention whore comparison

2 different teams ... completely different games,opponents etc.

it took awhile to get the offense going here too even with a QB who already knew the system.

the chiefs have injuries out the wazoo

so many variables the comparison is a worthless as a Wendler article.

Count Zarth
10-23-2006, 08:08 PM
the chiefs have injuries out the wazoo

Exactly! And Saunders is still neck-and-neck with us?

See my point?

PastorMikH
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
At this point, I still have to take Al over Mike.

I'm not so sure I would. I was pretty frustrated with Al at times and some of his too-cute playcalling. I also got tired of seeing a dozen reverses a game - all for two yard gains.

Solari is learning, and I think for the most part he's doing a decent job. I do know that I haven't said, "What is the OC thinking with that play" nearly as much this year as in previous years.

Direckshun
10-23-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm not so sure I would. I was pretty frustrated with Al at times and some of his too-cute playcalling. I also got tired of seeing a dozen reverses a game - all for two yard gains.

Solari is learning, and I think for the most part he's doing a decent job. I do know that I haven't said, "What is the OC thinking with that play" nearly as much this year as in previous years.
I think that's a totally legitimate criticism. I'm still thinking Al's the winner here, but I completely agree with your point.

Al is a cute play caller, and it showed in KC. He often used our best players as decoys to expose defenses. Tony G had what, 2 TDs last season?

It often gets the job done, sure, but let's face it: we need our leaders to perform. And Tony isn't performing if he's getting two goddamn touchdowns thrown his way.

Mike is far more straightforward and confident in his playmakers. Feed LJ, tell the other team you're feeding LJ, and feed LJ some more. Get Tony G the big run across the middle and let him create. Shoot Kennison on an out 10 yards up field and let him create.

'Cause no other Chief can drag 5 defenders like LJ or Tony, and that's something an entire team gets fired up behind. They're our playmakers, let's treat them that way.

milkman
10-23-2006, 10:00 PM

The transition for the Skins shouldn't be all that difficult.

Both Gibbs and Saunders came out of the Air Coryell system, and they both run variations of the same system.

The transition for the Skins should be far smoother and quicker becaus e of that.

The biggest problem, IMO, is that Brunell is a bad QB for that system.

And that system will suffer if the QB can't run it effectively.

boogblaster
10-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Al had more talent..Mike has a better D. to help him .....

Jayhawkerman2001
10-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Personally Id say Solari is not doing too bad. This is his first ever try at offensive coordinater, with a hurt first string QB, minus the best offensive lineman ever, minus Welbourne. Everybody knows how black plays, so there really arent any comparisons. Solari has shown that he can have the offense put up some points, but a couple games he's shown that this is his first ever try as offensive coorinator.

DaWolf
10-24-2006, 03:05 AM
So how's that highest paid coaching staff in Washington that everyone was drooling over in the offseason looking now?

Like I said then, too many cooks in the kitchen. And giving up 24 points a game. Yeah that Gregg Williams would have been a brilliant head coach for us, the next Bellichik...

Redcoats58
10-24-2006, 03:18 AM
I think most fans have unrealistic expectations for coaches in their first year with a team.

KcMizzou
10-24-2006, 03:21 AM
Personally Id say Solari is not doing too bad. This is his first ever try at offensive coordinater, with a hurt first string QB, minus the best offensive lineman ever, minus Welbourne. Everybody knows how black plays, so there really arent any comparisons. Solari has shown that he can have the offense put up some points, but a couple games he's shown that this is his first ever try as offensive coorinator.We also lost a great fullback, and recently... his mediocre replacement.

ChiefFan31
10-24-2006, 03:22 AM
So how's that highest paid coaching staff in Washington that everyone was drooling over in the offseason looking now?

Like I said then, too many cooks in the kitchen. And giving up 24 points a game. Yeah that Gregg Williams would have been a brilliant head coach for us, the next Bellichik...

Yep, too many cooks in the kitchen. Somone needs to have the balls to tell that to Mr. Synder (he makes all his employess call him that) Guy has done nothing but try to buy a championship every year since he has bought that team. Works great in business, but you need to field a TEAM not just all big names and overpay them. Makes me laugh.

Oh yeah, Im not getting into Solari vs Jesus at the moment, but Solari has much room for improvement.

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 07:56 AM
What's the ONE constant between 2001, last year, and Saunder's offense in Washington.

NO WILLIE ROAF.

Saunders is a GOOD offensive coordinator. He is now VASTLY overrated thanks to Mr. Willie Roaf.

PastorMikH
10-24-2006, 07:59 AM
What's the ONE constant between 2001, last year, and Saunder's offense in Washington.

NO WILLIE ROAF.

Saunders is a GOOD offensive coordinator. He is now VASTLY overrated thanks to Mr. Willie Roaf.

At least he's overrated and with a team other than us.:thumb:

Cormac
10-24-2006, 08:05 AM
This "thank-everything-Al-Saunders-is-gone-he-sucked-anyway" attitude is incredible to me. If any Chiefs fan can't look back on the last 5 years and think he did a hell of a job, I'm just sorry for them.

FWIW, I think Solari is doing an excellent job given what he has to work with.

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 08:39 AM
This "thank-everything-Al-Saunders-is-gone-he-sucked-anyway" attitude is incredible to me. If any Chiefs fan can't look back on the last 5 years and think he did a hell of a job, I'm just sorry for them.

FWIW, I think Solari is doing an excellent job given what he has to work with.

I'm sure this is at least partially directed at me.

Let me make this perfectly clear:

I think Saunders did a GREAT job. I also think Saunders benefitted from a SUPERIOR offensive line, quite unlike any other possibly in the history of football.

The reason you see me posting so much "anti-Saunders" stuff is because I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing how Saunders could have single-handedly willed THIS YEAR'S Chiefs team to victory because he's a god on Earth.

Frankie
10-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Our next OC (after a good run by Solari):

Trent Green

Frankie
10-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Al had more talent..Mike has a better D. to help him .....

Very good point.

Count Zarth
10-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Something else needs to be said. We were all bitching about the offensive line after Week 1, but Huard has only been sacked 10 times in six games. Everyone assumed Pitt and SD would rape our QB, but it hasn't happened.

Cormac
10-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm sure this is at least partially directed at me.

Let me make this perfectly clear:

I think Saunders did a GREAT job. I also think Saunders benefitted from a SUPERIOR offensive line, quite unlike any other possibly in the history of football.

The reason you see me posting so much "anti-Saunders" stuff is because I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing how Saunders could have single-handedly willed THIS YEAR'S Chiefs team to victory because he's a god on Earth.

Actually this wasn't directed at you. Just a general observation about Saunders and DV being da debil. I mean, shouldn't we be focusing all that energy on Geo.......never mind.

Chiefnj
10-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Saunders v. Solari is pointless to argue over. Different teams, players, schemes, injuries, etc.

I do wonder if Denny Green is kicking himself over his knee jerk firing of the Cards OC 1 1/2 weeks ago. They moved the ball pretty well against KC and Chicago (2 semi tough D's) and then can only put up 9 points against the Raiders this week - ouch.

jynni
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Our next OC (after a good run by Solari):

Trent Green
That sure would be nice.

jynni
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Something else needs to be said. We were all bitching about the offensive line after Week 1, but Huard has only been sacked 10 times in six games. Everyone assumed Pitt and SD would rape our QB, but it hasn't happened.
The running game has taken a pretty big hit though.

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 11:04 AM
The running game has taken a pretty big hit though.

The running game was fine on Sunday, especially considering how stingy the Chargers have been this year...

Count Zarth
10-24-2006, 11:12 AM
The running game was fine on Sunday, especially considering how stingy the Chargers have been this year...

Which makes one wonder where it went the last two games.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2006, 07:22 PM

Alot of that needs to be credited to Huard himself. One of the most surprising things to me about him is his pocket presence. He has shown a nice ability to sidestep the rush or step up into the pocket to make a throw.

DaWolf
10-26-2006, 03:01 AM
FRUSTRATED 'SKINS FAN CHECKS IN. From Bobby of Fairfax, Va.: "Three times in the last four weeks, I've asked you if the Redskins should get Jason Campbell in. After the game against the Colts, I'm not sure that's the right answer anymore. I saw more missed assignments on the offense than I could count. Many of them contributed to sacks, hits on Mark Brunell or a defender making a critical tackle for a loss. Instead of asking if Brunell should be replaced, I think it's time we junk the [Al] Saunders playbook and go back to what got them to the playoffs last year.''
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/10/24/mmqbte/2.html

Count Zarth
10-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Washington is on a bye, so here's the update for this thread:

Week 8 -

Mike Solari's offense: 324 yards per game, 20.7 points per game,

Count Zarth
11-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Week 9 -

Mike Solari's offense: 323 yards per game, 22 points per game.

Jesus Saunders' offense: 322.7 yards per game, 18.2 points per game.

Count Zarth
11-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Bump.

Basileus777
11-06-2006, 03:53 PM
This is an unfair comparison, we wouldn't even be scoring 15 ppg if Mark Brunell was our qb.

beer bacon
11-06-2006, 04:17 PM
This is an unfair comparison, we wouldn't even be scoring 15 ppg if Mark Brunell was our qb.

That wasn't what everyone in the entire world was saying this offseason when Saunders was supposed to turn the Redskins into the #1 offense in the league.

Frankie
11-07-2006, 11:32 AM
That wasn't what everyone in the entire world was saying this offseason when Saunders was supposed to turn the Redskins into the #1 offense in the league.
Not only the "entire world" didn't say that, but the entire CP was not of that opinion either. I myself think that Saunders will eventually turn their 'O' into a potent one. But as it did with the Chiefs, it will need some growing time.

noa
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Not only the "entire world" didn't say that, but the entire CP was not of that opinion either. I myself think that Saunders will eventually turn their 'O' into a potent one. But as it did with the Chiefs, it will need some growing time.

Saunders did do some great play calling on that game where Brunell set the record for consecutive completions. They have such amazing players other than the QB that I also think its only a matter of time for them. We might see Jason Campbell start some games this season if the Skins season is officially over. That would be an interesting glimpse of the future to come for Saunders' offense.

Fish
11-07-2006, 11:45 AM

So when does it stop being "growing time" and become an excuse? Both these offenses are about halfway through the season, and Solari has had to deal with just as much, if not more, than Saunders as far as injuries, new personnel, and a new coaching style. But Solari's offense has come into it's own and shown consistency, while Saunders' offense is still sputtering.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Collins & Huard were both available & Saunders takes Collins to DC

BRILLIANT!!!

Frankie
11-07-2006, 12:03 PM
So when does it stop being "growing time" and become an excuse? Both these offenses are about halfway through the season, and Solari has had to deal with just as much, if not more, than Saunders as far as injuries, new personnel, and a new coaching style. But Solari's offense has come into it's own and shown consistency, while Saunders' offense is still sputtering.
Do you remember the TrINT Green year? That was the first year of Saunders/DV offense. It took almost untill the middle of the next year for our 'O' to make a mark. Why do you keep insisting the Redskins 'O' halfway into the first season should be as good as ours was halfway into the 2nd Saunders season? :shrug: Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love what Solari is doing. Especially considering the injuries. But the fact is Solari has the benefit of having himself been schooled in this offense and having inheritted players signed to fit this 'O.'

Frankie
11-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Collins & Huard were both available & Saunders takes Collins to DC

BRILLIANT!!!
Hindsight? ;)

Fish
11-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Do you remember the TrINT Green year? That was the first year of Saunders/DV offense. It took almost untill the middle of the next year for our 'O' to make a mark. Why do you keep insisting the Redskins 'O' halfway into the first season should be as good as ours was halfway into the 2nd Saunders season? :shrug: Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love what Solari is doing. Especially considering the injuries. But the fact is Solari has the benefit of having himself been schooled in this offense and having inheritted players signed to fit this 'O.'

I see what you're getting at.... but to say Solari had the benefit of inheritting the offense is a bit of a stretch. He's dealt with a new (almost unproven) QB, 2 new FBs, 2 "basically" new tackles, and has had to shift the offensive line around all season. Yes Solari was a previous coach, but he's changed the offense and he's doing things his way now, and it's not an exact replica of what Saunders had in place. And when it comes down to it, you could argue that Saunders started out with more talent with the Redskins' offense than Solari had starting out with KC's offense.

If you asked Snyder, I doubt he'd tell you that when he hired Saunders he expected a season or two before the offense started producing. Saunders is a pro making more money than most OCs in the league. If he's to earn his $, he should be expected to bring the offense around without a 2-year break-in period.

Frankie
11-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I see what you're getting at.... but to say Solari had the benefit of inheritting the offense is a bit of a stretch. He's dealt with a new (almost unproven) QB, 2 new FBs, 2 "basically" new tackles, and has had to shift the offensive line around all season. Yes Solari was a previous coach, but he's changed the offense and he's doing things his way now, and it's not an exact replica of what Saunders had in place. And when it comes down to it, you could argue that Saunders started out with more talent with the Redskins' offense than Solari had starting out with KC's offense.

1- Solari is proving the potential of being an outstanding OC. That I absolutely agree with. I'm even going out on the limb and envisioning him to succeed Herm as our next HC. He has proven his excellence in all his coaching steps.

2- Saunders may have inheritted better 'O' talent in DC than in KC. But are they the right talent for his 'O?' :shrug: Who knows?

CupidStunt
11-07-2006, 01:11 PM

He's not much worse than Huard as a QB/passer/talent.

Obviously Jesus' system just isn't working for him.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Solari and Herm have done a great job!

Many have an axe to grind regarding AS and DV, but no matter how you slice it DV and AS did not leave a team in shambles. Their contribution to this franchise has made Herm's and Solari's jobs much easier.

Basileus777
11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
1- Solari is proving the potential of being an outstanding OC. That I absolutely agree with. I'm even going out on the limb and envisioning him to succeed Herm as our next HC. He has proven his excellence in all his coaching steps.

2- Saunders may have inheritted better 'O' talent in DC than in KC. But are they the right talent for his 'O?' :shrug: Who knows?

The Skins oline is built to run block and isn't great at pass blocking. Their qb, Brunell is quite possibly the worst fit possible for this system. He has a noodle arm and only throws dump off passes to the RBs. Saunders offense requires an aggressive qb who is willing to throw down the field, Brunell's first read is usually a rb. Not to mention that Brunell never uses the middle of the field, has terrible pocket presence, and won't take a sack except when he is running into one. They have talent at WR and a pretty decent TE, but that doesn't mean anything if you have Mark Brunell as your qb.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 02:07 PM

Many have an axe to grind regarding AS and DV, but no matter how you slice it DV and AS did not leave a team in shambles. Their contribution to this franchise has made Herm's and Solari's jobs much easier.

Very few here have an axe to grind with DV and AS.

Most would prefer not to talk about them at all, but idiots like you continue to bring them up.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Very few here have an axe to grind with DV and AS.

Most would prefer not to talk about them at all, but idiots like you continue to bring them up.

Without DV's and AS's contribution the last 5 years we wouldn't be in the position we are right now. You can delude yourself that DV and AS did not leave a very decent team for Herm, and Solari has had no influence working with DV and AS the past 5 years. But you would be wrong. Calling me an idiot won't change this.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Without DV's and AS's contribution the last 5 years we wouldn't be in the position we are right now. You can delude yourself that DV and AS did not leave a very decent team for Herm, and Solari has had no influence working with DV and AS the past 5 years. But you would be wrong. Calling me an idiot won't change this.

Like I said,

I COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT VERMEIL AND SAUNDERS.

The fact that you're an idiot and keep bringing them up doesn't change that.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Like I said,

I COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT VERMEIL AND SAUNDERS.

The fact that you're an idiot and keep bringing them up doesn't change that.

Check out the thread. I didn't bring it up it's the subject of the thread.

you give yourself away with your comments htis.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2006, 02:30 PM

Dick Vermeil didn't want Larry Johnson.

Vermeil left a 10-6 team that had it's LT retire and RT get suspended.

Stop talking like you have any ****ing idea what this franchise would look like if Vermeil didn't have it for 5 years. You have no idea.

Bill Parcells called out your glory hole fantasy Al Saunders last week saying that he leaves his defense out to dry.

Is it a coincidence that the Chiefs D has improved since Saunders left and the Skins have suffered?

You are an idiot. You're like KCJohnny with a crush on 2 guys that aren't ****ing Chiefs anymore.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Check out the thread. I didn't bring it up it's the subject of the thread.

you give yourself away with your comments htis.

I can find about 25 where you did bring it up.

I have no problem with you lying out your ass, but doesn't it eat you up inside to be dishonest with yourself?

Frankie
11-07-2006, 02:44 PM

Exactly. :thumb:

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I can find about 25 where you did bring it up.

I have no problem with you lying out your ass, but doesn't it eat you up inside to be dishonest with yourself?

ROFL

dude you are truly f**ked in the head.

Count Zarth
11-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Week 10 - Chiefs score 10, Skins score 3

Mike Solari's offense: 316.5 yards per game, 20.6 points per game.

Jesus Saunders' offense: 318 yards per game, 16.5 points per game.

Count Zarth
11-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Week 11 - Chiefs score 17, Skins score 17

Mike Solari's offense: 314 yards per game, 20.2 points per game.

Jesus Saunders' offense: 311 yards per game, 16.7 points per game.

DaWolf
11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Week 11 - Chiefs score 17, Skins score 17

Mike Solari's offense: 314 yards per game, 20.2 points per game.

Jesus Saunders' offense: 311 yards per game, 16.7 points per game.

Injuries obviously hurt, but Solari is also being adjusted to by opposing DC's. He needs to start adjusting back, starting against the Donx...

Count Zarth
11-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Solari needs to call more play action passes. He didn't call ONE in the first half yesterday.

Short Leash Hootie
11-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Solari needs to call more play action passes. He didn't call ONE in the first half yesterday.
ON FIRST DOWN...

Green threw his first play-action pass (THE BEST PART OF HIS GAME) in the third quarter to a WIDE OPEN Samie Parker...

85% of Green's passes should be play-action...Green has always done some sort of fake, whether it be believable or not, in almost every pass he's ever thrown in Kansas City.

Trent definitely isn't at his best when he does a straight 7 step drop...his footwork isn't the greatest.

I want to see Green throw the ball 25 times against Denver, and I want 20 of them to be play-action...if this happens and LJ/Bennett combine for 35 touches, we win this game by 7+.

Frankie
11-21-2006, 11:47 AM
ON FIRST DOWN...

Green threw his first play-action pass (THE BEST PART OF HIS GAME) in the third quarter to a WIDE OPEN Samie Parker...

85% of Green's passes should be play-action...Green has always done some sort of fake, whether it be believable or not, in almost every pass he's ever thrown in Kansas City.

Trent definitely isn't at his best when he does a straight 7 step drop...his footwork isn't the greatest.

I want to see Green throw the ball 25 times against Denver, and I want 20 of them to be play-action...if this happens and LJ/Bennett combine for 35 touches, we win this game by 7+.
Hey coach,

20 of 25 = 80%... not 85%.

:p

greg63
11-21-2006, 11:49 AM

Week 7 -

Umkay.

Count Zarth
11-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Week 12 - Chiefs score 19, Skins score 17

Mike Solari's offense: 320 yards per game, 20.1 points per game.

Jesus Saunders' offense: 305 yards per game, 16.8 points per game.

Deberg_1990
11-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Week 12 - Chiefs score 19, Skins score 17

Jesus Saunders' offense: 305 yards per game, 16.8 points per game.

Whats the point of this thread??

Its not a fair assessment. Its only Saunders first year there and now hes running his O with a first time QB.

B_Ambuehl
11-26-2006, 03:56 PM

Without Roaf and Trent out for most of the year I'll take 320 yards per game any day of the week. They were averaging around 365 last year I believe. One thing that does kind've piss me off though is there's a lot of yards being left out on the field in most games. This is still a very good offense with good scheme and good players but at times they play as if they aren't supposed to be able to complete a pass over 5 yards.

Crush
11-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Saunders blows.

Valiant
11-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Saunders blows.

I would still take him back next year as our O coordinator...

Count Zarth
12-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Give Solari some credit. He called a near-flawless game today.

Week 12 - Chiefs score 28, Skins score 14

Mike Solari's offense: 328 yards per game, 20.8 points per game.

Jesus Saunders' offense: 311 yards per game, 16.5 points per game.

grandllama
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Solari thought he was teh Jesus today.

Frankie
12-03-2006, 03:36 PM
I think this thread would make more sense NEXT year. Not this season.

Count Zarth
12-03-2006, 03:40 PM

Saunders ass will be canned with the rest of Gibbs' coaching staff.

Frankie
12-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Saunders ass will be canned with the rest of Gibbs' coaching staff.
What's with this venom against AS? The 'O' he created for us almost won today's game for us had our pathetic 'D' not interfered.

FAX
12-03-2006, 03:45 PM
What's with this venom against AS? The 'O' he created for us almost won today's game for us had our pathetic 'D' not interfered.

Yep.

Good darn post, Mr. Frankie.

FAX

Count Zarth

I have no venom against him. He should be retained, but Snyder is a moron. That entire coaching staff will likely be worked over.

Mr. Laz
seriously ..... i don't why he keeps bumping up this dumbass and completely irrelevant thread.

they are almost impossible to compare at this point.

different head coaches
different players
solari is basically coaching Saunder's players
Saunders is basically coaching Gibb's players

maybe ... if you want to judge it like a draft pick in a couple of years you can see how they turned out.

But until then is just silly attention whoring

Count Zarth
12-03-2006, 03:46 PM
seriously ..... i don't why he keeps bumping up this dumbass and completely irrelevant thread.

I'm seeing it through to the end, come hell or high water.

Mr. Laz
12-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm seeing it through to the end, come hell or high water.
no, you're doing your best to try and rub salt into the wound of the people who liked saunders and wanted to keep him here.

that's why you started it ... that's why you labeled him "jesus" in the title ... and that's why you continue to post in it.

but ..... hey never mind me, i'm just a bit grouchy.

keep posting in it..... :shrug:

i'm all good for anything that promotes discussion and traffic around here.

Count Zarth
12-03-2006, 03:58 PM
no, you're doing your best to try and rub salt into the wound of the people who liked saunders and wanted to keep him here.

That's not even close to the truth. I'm finishing what I started.

that's why you started it ... that's why you labeled him "jesus" in the title ... and that's why you continue to post in it.

I started it just to compare the two. I labeled him "jesus" because I thought it was funny. The guy is a good offensive coordinator. I actually WANTED HIM TO STAY IN KANSAS CITY, but he wanted to be the head coach.

Count Zarth
12-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Give Solari some credit. He called a shitty game today.

Week 14 - Chiefs score 10, Skins score 19

Mike Solari's offense: 324 yards per game, 20 points per game.

Jesus Saunders' offense: 319 yards per game, 16.7 points per game.

blueballs
12-31-2006, 08:55 AM
season finale

Count Zarth
01-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Final season totals:

Mike Solari's offense: 321 yards per game, 19.8 points per game.

Jesus Saunders' offense: 327.7 yards per game, 18.7 points per game.

MIKE SOLARI WINS! FATALITY!