PDA

View Full Version : RB position just got deeper

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 11:45 AM
SEC Player of the Year Rudi Johnson is expected to announce later this week that the tailback will skip his senior year of eligibility to declare himself eligible for the National Football League draft.

We would be crazy to draft a RB in the first round, there will be 1st round talent on the board late in the 2nd and early 3rd...

Clint in Wichita
01-08-2001, 11:54 AM
Johnson is my favorite HB in the draft.

When it comes to QBs and RBs, there is VERY RARELY ANY 1st round talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If a HB is selected, it should be in the first, or don't even bother.

Of course, KC may not even have a 1st round pick after Carl finishes his little "mating ritual" with his old lover, DICKFER MEAL!!

HC_Chief
01-08-2001, 12:02 PM
IMHO, Travis Henry is very well worth a 1st round pick... as a matter of fact, I think he would be an excellent pick for us (#12 overall).

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 12:04 PM
Clint,

Right now I would say all of the following could easily goe in the 1st round with a good workout in Indy:

McAllister, Deuce
Jordan, LaMont
Henry, Travis
Tomlinson, LaDanian
Jackson, James
Thomas, Anthony
Barlow, Kevan
Bennett, Michael
Johnson, Rudi
Alexander, Dan

and still might declare

Foster, DeShaun
Toombs, Ja'Mar

Because of the depth in this draft there will be several top quality backs available in the 2nd and 3rd round...Based on our previous coaching staff, it was very important to draft a RB in the 1st round because if we didn't make a big investment in the player those dumb a$$es would have just thrown the player into the RBCC...but I don't think that will be necessary anymore.

Bob Dole
01-08-2001, 12:06 PM
IBDHO, Toombs might make an avergae FB in the NFL, but not much else.

Gaz
01-08-2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Robert_Dole
IBDHO, Toombs might make an avergae FB in the NFL, but not much else.

IBDHO?

xoxo~
gaz
thinks that might be the potato state.

NaptownChief
01-08-2001, 12:10 PM
I agree with BD'sHO, I don't want a big slug in our backfield...I really like Henry, Bennett, Jackson and DeShaun Foster if he comes out.

Gaz
01-08-2001, 12:12 PM
This is great news. If more and more underclass RBs & QBs come out early, we might actually have a shot at Dan Morgan.

If by some miracle he is available at #12, he MUST be our pick.

xoxo~
gaz
urging more Juniors to take the draft plunge.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
Gaz,

In Bob Dole's humble opinon...

Remember the honorable senator does have a habit of speaking in the third person... I believe his acronyms would follow the same said affectation.

NaptownChief
Gaz,

That would be In Bob Dole's Honest Opinion...IBDHO

HC_Chief
01-08-2001, 12:13 PM
That's it, I'm starting the Travis Henry bandwagon!

"And with the 12th overall selection, the Kansas City Chiefs select: Travis Henry, Running Back, Tennessee..."

Has a nice ring to it :D

Gaz
01-08-2001, 12:13 PM
I get it:

IBDHO: In Bob Dole's Humble Opinion.

Duh…

xoxo~
gaz
marginally slower on the uptake today.

Warrior5
01-08-2001, 12:27 PM
Gaz,
I was going to tell you, but I thought you were making a subtle joke about Bob Dole and Idaho, and was trying to figure it out.
Agree on Dan Morgan: even if the RB depth wasn't deep, I'm convinced that Dan is the Man for Chiefs' 1st round pick.
Just picturing Maz in the middle flanked by DE and Morgan gets me fired up.

Pitt Gorilla
01-08-2001, 04:36 PM
Hey Clint, which one of Denver's THREE thousand yard rushers was drafted in the first round? How about the second or third?