PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Adjustment

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Given our personnel (very good corners, good LBs and a rookie SS who can terminate life forces) do you think that in certain situations we should run a 46 with Pollard subbing in for Knight at the SS position and playing close to the line?? It might give teams another look to scheme as well as get one of our younger players on the field without really giving up any real talent to get him out there (Sammy being over the hill, and all).

Thoughts?

StcChief
10-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Get up on somebody and go for it.I'd like to witness it vs. Lambs. Watch Bulger's eyes pop out.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Get up on somebody and go for it.I'd like to witness it vs. Lambs. Watch Bulger's eyes pop out.

Yea, his eyes will pop out and you'll hear the air forced from his lungs as Pollard brings his sternum and spine within touching distance of one another.

Reaper16
10-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Bulger's on my fantasy team. Can we try this out on Serpico Wallace instead?

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Serpico? Goddamm, I like that...

Adept Havelock
10-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Bulger's on my fantasy team. Can we try this out on Serpico Wallace instead?

Why ya gotta bust Serpico's balls like that? He was a righteous cop.

Granted, I'm very curious to see how Smegma Wallace handles Arrowhead...

Reaper16
10-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Why ya gotta bust Serpico's balls like that? He was a righteous cop.

Granted, I'm very curious to see how Smegma Wallace handles Arrowhead...
That's a good one.

Fruit Ninja
10-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Given our personnel (very good corners, good LBs and a rookie SS who can terminate life forces) do you think that in certain situations we should run a 46 with Pollard subbing in for Knight at the SS position and playing close to the line?? It might give teams another look to scheme as well as get one of our younger players on the field without really giving up any real talent to get him out there (Sammy being over the hill, and all).

Thoughts?Pollard isnt ready to play.

Crashride
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
I understand were all pollard fans but lets not rush anything...

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Pollard isnt ready to play.

Always the wet blanket....

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2006, 06:27 PM

At the very least, he could perform the Benny Sapp role in dime situations :shrug:

ChiefFan31
10-24-2006, 09:10 PM

That does appear to be the case. But I agree with Hamas, in certain down and distances he could be the 8th guy in the box, thus minimizing his coverage responsiblities. A great way to get his feet wet.

Well, until they saw it on tape and then exposed him on a coverage assignment. Shit, your right :banghead: