PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Vs. Chiefs on NFL Replay

jjjayb
10-24-2006, 08:18 PM
On the Nfl Network. Coming on in 5 minutes. How many games have we been on Nfl replay this year?

Deberg_1990
10-24-2006, 08:20 PM
. How many games have we been on Nfl replay this year?

Probably all of them. I think they replay every game.

VonneMarie
10-24-2006, 08:24 PM
We really need to win this one. It's very vital to our playoff chances.

noa
10-24-2006, 08:27 PM

They choose the top 4 games of the week for NFL Replay.

jjjayb
10-24-2006, 08:30 PM

Nope. Only 4 a week. I wish they did show every game though. They certainly could show a few less Nfl Access reruns.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2006, 08:32 PM
They certainly could show a few less Nfl Access reruns.

hahah..yea i agree.

So far, im really liking the NFL Network. Its a nice alternative to ESPN.

Its not nearly as over the top and is more low key.

C-Mac
10-24-2006, 08:33 PM
If you want to see it Sopcast, you may go to www.kcchiefsgames.com ....then click on "LiveWire".
Click "Enter" then a password window will pop up.
The password is "replay".

blueballs
10-24-2006, 08:40 PM
the moron filling in for Petro said Surtain didn't force that fumble. That it was all LT. Bullshit they showed it in slow-mo. That was all Surtain.

blueballs
10-24-2006, 08:56 PM
McCardell was scared of Wesley and just fell down in front of him.

dtebbe
10-24-2006, 09:48 PM
the moron filling in for Petro said Surtain didn't force that fumble. That it was all LT. Bullshit they showed it in slow-mo. That was all Surtain.

Yep, he reached right in there and punched the ball out. Those NFL Films replays are pretty top-notch compared to the network ones. That's because they are right on the sideline at field level as opposed to on a crane 20 feet away...

DT

BWillie
10-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Have they played that Bullshit Pass Interference call? I really want to see that. Somebody should youtube it

noa
10-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Have they played that Bullshit Pass Interference call? I really want to see that. Somebody should youtube it

Their camera angles didn't really catch it. They showed McCardell fall down, but they didn't show what caused it.

BigRock
10-24-2006, 10:04 PM
This one and the Cards game are the only KC games to be on the replays so far.

Guru
10-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Can somebody torrent these? I would rather these than the full game.

dtebbe
10-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Damn, I just had to do a double-take on that forced Rivers fumble. DJ looked like DT coming off the corner. That signature "lean" as he blew by the RT... now if the grey t-shirt sleeves were just hanging out...

DT

HMc
10-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Is NFL Replay what theyre calling the NFL Game Of The Week now? only with 4 instead of 1 per week?

BigRock
10-25-2006, 02:23 AM
NFL Replay is the 4 best games of the week (as decided by the NFL) edited down into an hour and a half. It's the same feed and announcing as what aired on Sunday or Monday. They also add in bits from the coach and player interviews after the game.

Then they do the Game of the Week apart from that, and that's the one with the guy narrating over clips of the game.

Frosty
10-25-2006, 07:20 AM
I hadn't realized until I watched this that the Chargers only had one long touchdown drive in the game. It was about 68 yards and almost 40 of it came from the LdT's 4th and 3 catch and run.

The other two TDs were set up by a long punt return and Huard's fumble.

TinyEvel
10-25-2006, 07:25 AM
I like to watchthe NFL replay games while I page through the ****official game thread****
It's like having twenty color commentators. Though sixty percnet of the posts are three words or less.

DaFace
10-25-2006, 08:55 AM
I really like the NFL Replay thing. I'm not dedicated enough to watch the full game all over again while having to fast-forward through commercials and breaks, but the speed of Replay is easy to follow.

Bwana
10-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Awwwwwwwww crap, I missed it. I take it it won't air again?

DaFace
10-25-2006, 09:23 AM

Doesn't look like it. According to their schedule, they just show them once. :shake:

They should replay those a few more times instead of replaying Total Access 8 times a day.

Bwana
10-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Doesn't look like it. According to their schedule, they just show them once. :shake:

They should replay those a few more times instead of replaying Total Access 8 times a day.

I agree DaFace. I was at the game and I really wanted to see the game on tape, it looks like I'm "horsed" in this case. :shake:

L.A. Chieffan
10-25-2006, 10:00 AM
They did show it twice yesterday, but today it's eagles v bucs and panthers v bungles all day. They are gonna have more Replays thru the week so you might want to keep checking.

FAX
10-25-2006, 10:04 AM

Sorry you missed it, Mr. Bwana. But actually, I'm not sure I like this format.

This is the first of these I have watched and I didn't like they way they cut down the game. Also, editing in the coach/player comments seemed very forced at times. As if they were looking for any comment that was, contextually, even remotely associated with the play or game situation.

I'd rather they use a slightly different approach, such as display the bio, running stat totals, etc. of players as they perform. This would be very informative and interesting, I believe.

One thing I did notice, however, was that Tomlinson was Tamba's man on the 4th down play that led to the touchdown. I talk up Tamba all the time, but in this case, he really blew his assignment. I also noticed that LT was open in the right flat on several other occasions when Rivers either didn't see him or went with his first read. Scary.

FAX

Bwana
10-25-2006, 10:06 AM
They did show it twice yesterday, but today it's eagles v bucs and panthers v bungles all day. They are gonna have more Replays thru the week so you might want to keep checking.

Oh man, you're killing me LAC. :banghead: I was busy yesterday and didn't even have a chance to look. I was playing paperwrok catch up from being gone and my company car started running like hell. I pull over and give it the once over only to find out that there is oil in my overflow tank. I think I toasted a head gasked. Oh well, I am do for a new cruiser, this will insure I get on in the next 8 weeks. :) Aaved me from having to "Bo Duke" the POS.

Bwana
10-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Sorry you missed it, Mr. Bwana. But actually, I'm not sure I like this format.

This is the first of these I have watched and I didn't like they way they cut down the game. Also, editing in the coach/player comments seemed very forced at times. As if they were looking for any comment that was, contextually, even remotely associated with the play or game situation.

I'd rather they use a slightly different approach, such as display the bio, running stat totals, etc. of players as they perform. This would be very informative and interesting, I believe.
FAX

I would have to agree Mr. FAX. I am not all that jiggy with the format myself, but I guess it would be better than nothing. :hmmm:

DaFace
10-25-2006, 10:10 AM

Nice catch. On the actual "NFL Replay" site they only list the first time each one is shown. On the "schedule" page, however, it shows that they do have numerous replays. It's kind of tough to tell which game is shown each time, though. The only time I can find it listed as being replayed is Friday at 4:30pm CDT.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule

Bwana
10-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Nice catch. On the actual "NFL Replay" site they only list the first time each one is shown. On the "schedule" page, however, it shows that they do have numerous replays. It's kind of tough to tell which game is shown each time, though. The only time I can find it listed as being replayed is Friday at 4:30pm CDT.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule

Hay! Time to do a search with the TIVO and set that bad boy if found!

DaFace
10-25-2006, 10:14 AM
My only complaint in the format is that they leave some plays out entirely. In fact, they NEVER show any kicks unless something significant happens. I know I'm weird, but I like watching Colquitt punt.

I wish they'd just go straight from one play to the next, but cut out the downtime of getting in the huddle and walking to the line.

FAX
10-25-2006, 10:17 AM
I would have to agree Mr. FAX. I am not all that jiggy with the format myself, but I guess it would be better than nothing. :hmmm:

Point.

FAX

Frosty
10-25-2006, 11:10 AM
My only complaint in the format is that they leave some plays out entirely.

They will leave out entire drives if there wasn't any scoring, sacks or turnovers, which sucks, because you can't see the good coverage or QB pressure or whatever, that caused that non-scoring drive.

noa
10-25-2006, 11:18 AM
They will leave out entire drives if there wasn't any scoring, sacks or turnovers, which sucks, because you can't see the good coverage or QB pressure or whatever, that caused that non-scoring drive.

Agreed. They should just go through those plays quickly if nothing exciting happened.