PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's (points allowed)

djrcmay
10-24-2006, 09:24 PM
6 games played, only 44 points allowed, an average of 7.33 points per game. I hate Denver, but thats hard to beat.
They only average 13 points a game team scoring.

beer bacon
10-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Five victories this season, and they have scored 17 or fewer points in all of them. I have a feeling their subpar offensive performance will bite them in the ass this Sunday.

Ari Chi3fs
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
They have one of the best defenses that I have seen in a long while, and this both saddens and infuriates me.

GoodDaySir!
10-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I think we have a great defense, but I will wait until Sunday around 7pm to possibly call it a dominant one.

beer bacon
10-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I think we have a great defense, but I will wait until Sunday around 7pm to possibly call it a dominant one.

Indi has the type of offense that score on anyone when they are on their game. You could give up 40 against Indi on Sunday, not to say you will, and still end up in the top three in scoring defense at the end of the season.

PunkinDrublic
10-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah it's real tough to be dominant against offensive jaugernauts like Oakland and Cleveland. When they can win more tough road games like they did against NE, then I'll be impressed.

dj56dt58
10-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Denvers D is pretty damn good.. And to think that a lot of it is due to aquiring Clevelands defensive line

Ebolapox
10-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Great defenses don't have games where they can't stop the opposing offense at all like what we had in Pittsburgh. A Great defense will stop a great offense, yet we couldn't stop Pittsburgh or hold a big lead against SD. Will we eventually have a great D? Yes..maybe as soon as next year. We have a good defense this year...not great just yet

uhhhh... dj, he's a donk fan

Ebolapox
10-24-2006, 09:56 PM
...AND you edit on me... bastige

beer bacon
10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah it's real tough to be dominant against offensive jaugernauts like Oakland and Cleveland. When they can win more tough road games like they did against NE, then I'll be impressed.

With the way Jake has been playing, yeah it would be. Plummer's stats so far:

984 total passing yards
52.1 completion percentage
5.8 ypa
4 TDs
7 INT
60.4 QB rating

It IS impressive that they are still winning with that jackass on the field.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Manning owns Denver.

Indianapolis Mannings 34 Sea Donx 10

dj56dt58
10-24-2006, 09:58 PM
...AND you edit on me... bastige
heh..yea i figured that out right as I hit the submit button..sorry :p

PunkinDrublic
10-24-2006, 09:59 PM
With the way Jake has been playing, yeah it would be. Plummer's stats so far:

984 total passing yards
52.1 completion percentage
5.8 ypa
4 TDs
7 INT
60.4 QB rating

It IS impressive that they are still winning with that jackass on the field.

Hopefully Indy will expose that D this weekend. I personally hope the Donk team plane crashes into the side of a mountain.

Tactical Funky
10-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Hopefully Indy will expose that D this weekend. I personally hope the Donk team plane crashes into the side of a mountain.
I hate the Donkeys too, but that's just not cool... :shake:

listopencil
10-24-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm hoping we can get to Payaton Marino with Darrent Williams off of a Corner blitz and rattle him early. It makes a difference that Indy is one of those rare teams where you can sack the OC and put him off his playcalling, you just have to earn it.

Douche Baggins
10-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Overrated, although not as overrated as SD's defense.

They've faced KC, Baltimore, Oakland and Cleveland. That's going to boost anyone's stats.

beer bacon
10-24-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm hoping we can get to Payaton Marino with Darrent Williams off of a Corner blitz and rattle him early. It makes a difference that Indy is one of those rare teams where you can sack the OC and put him off his playcalling, you just have to earn it.

Sacking the OC hmmm? You cheating donks will do anything to win :cuss:

Ebolapox
10-24-2006, 10:21 PM

feh, when I was younger I wanted john elway to get his neck broken and for him to die a horrible death... still do

listopencil
10-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Sacking the OC hmmm? You cheating donks will do anything to win :cuss:

It's not cheating when they are dumb enough to put their OC under Center on every snap.

TinyEvel
10-24-2006, 10:54 PM
The only team in the NFL with fewer PPG scoring is OAKLAND. Donks have 7 more cumulative points than the Raiders.

Their record is what it is, but I like our chances of getting a game back from them on Turkey Day.

Archie F. Swin
10-24-2006, 11:13 PM
bring that shit to Arrowhead, we'll see what's up

Guru
10-24-2006, 11:19 PM

Won't happen this week. The game is in Denver.

greg63
10-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Won't happen this week. The game is in Denver.

Well unless the fly each player out to the stadium via Cessna single engine airplane.

Guru
10-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Well unless the fly each player out to the stadium via Cessna single engine airplane.

Damn cheatin' donx.

greg63
10-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Damn cheatin' donx.

Yep! LMAO

SBK
10-25-2006, 01:09 AM
If I were a bird I'd eat ex lax and shrimp for about 2 weeks then fly over that dump they call a stadium and drop the biggest crap of my life.

Direckshun
10-25-2006, 02:59 AM
The Colts are going to have an extremely hard time winning in Denver.

I honestly think the Broncos are the team to beat this year. (The fact that KC came extremely close in Denver is evidence of how serious a sleeper this KC team is.)

DaWolf
10-25-2006, 03:55 AM
As the NFL has shown us in years past, the first 6 weeks don't always define a season. We'll see how they hold up once they hit the meat of their schedule. They are a darned good team so far and the team to beat in the AFC...

Warrior5
10-25-2006, 06:27 AM
I REALLY hope the Colts win at Pile High, but their rush defense is crap (31st), and that's what the Donks do best. All Plummer has to do is hand off.

Manning can handle crowd noise (especially from latte-sipping Donk fans), but that Donk D is tenacious.

Here's to an upset...

donkhater
10-25-2006, 06:27 AM
Not that I don't think Denver's defense isn't one of the league's best. I do. I just don't think they are consistent with the record setting pace that they've set. As GoChiefs pointed out, KC, Baltimore, Oakland and Cleveland aren't exactly tearing it up and three of those games were at Denver and the KC game was right after Green got hurt. The other two games, NE and St. Louis are more impressive, but the Rams game was the first of the season (many teams, Chiefs included, can struggle moving the ball out of the gate) and NE WR's sucked before Gabriel came on board. They are much more balanced now.

Regardless, as bad as Plummer has played it is really impressive how few points they've given up.

I do think Denver is a top-flite defense, I just think teams will start scoring a little more on them and good 'ol Jakey will wet his pants.

As for Indy, don't be too sure they will light up the Bronco D. Yes they are a good test for them, but Indy hasn't really been themselves this year. I don't think they miss Edgerrin much, but many fans around here (Indy) agree that something is 'off' about them.

donkhater
10-25-2006, 06:28 AM
I REALLY hope the Colts win at Pile High, but their rush defense is crap (31st), and that's what the Donks do best. All Plummer has to do is hand off.

Manning can handle crowd noise (especially from latte-sipping Donk fans), but that Donk D is tenacious.

Here's to an upset...
Yep. T. Bell will run all over that. Believe me.

The only reason Indy isn't by far the 32nd rush D in the league is because they've been ahead in most games. If Denver keeps it close they can ring up 250+ on the ground. I'm not kidding. Indy's run D is horrible.

King_Chief_Fan
10-25-2006, 06:38 AM
they have modeled themselves after the team they could never beat.....The Ravens.

Halfcan
10-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Several positive Roids test should be coming out soon explaining why the Cheatin Donks have played so well on D-they are more juiced up than San Roidiego.

Color Red
10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Great. They did that against Chiefs at home with a back up, conservative quarterback, the Browns, and nothing much else. Raiders.

I'll believe if they do that this week against the Colts.

|Zach|
10-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Great. They did that against Chiefs at home with a back up, conservative quarterback, the Browns, and nothing much else. Raiders.

I'll believe if they do that this week against the Colts.
You know this is a growing trend. I don't understand the "you haven't played anyone" logic after 7 weeks. This is the NFL.

milkman
10-25-2006, 08:56 AM
You know this is a growing trend. I don't understand the "you haven't played anyone" logic after 7 weeks. This is the NFL.

The fact is, there is logic to that reasoning.

Cleveland has scored 88 points in 6 games.
The Raiders have scored 72 points in 6 games.
The Ravens aren't exactly juggernaughts on offense.
And the Chiefs haven't exactly been steller in road games.

The fact is keeping those teams out of the end zone isn't all that impressive.

Rain Man
10-25-2006, 09:03 AM

Would it be more correct if he added, "...and they all live, but they're stuck in the mountains for the entire season and have to eat their own ACLs to survive"?

donkhater
10-25-2006, 09:39 AM
You'll understand it when the Jets make the playoffs this year as a wildcard team. Don't think it will happen? Just check out who they play. Here is a list with their won/loss record besides each team:

Miami (2) 1-0
Buffalo(2) 1-0
Cleveland
Oakland
Tennessee 1-0
Houston
Detroit 1-0
Green Bay

Those are ten pretty bad teams in which they are currently a combined 4-0. The rest are:

NE (2) 0-1
Indy 0-1
Jacksonville 0-1
Chicago
Minnesota

Those are six pretty good temas in which they currently are 0-3. 10-6 is not out of the realm of possibility

manchambo
10-25-2006, 10:43 AM
The fact is, there is logic to that reasoning.

Cleveland has scored 88 points in 6 games.
The Raiders have scored 72 points in 6 games.
The Ravens aren't exactly juggernaughts on offense.
And the Chiefs haven't exactly been steller in road games.

The fact is keeping those teams out of the end zone isn't all that impressive.

So the fact that nobody has done it in 40 years or something just doesn't impress you. Because surely during those 40 years nobody played any subpar offenses during the first 7 games of the season.

And ponder this: 14 of the points were (1) a touchdown given up when they went into a prevent-type D at the end of the NE game, and (2) a touchdown last week when wonder-boy Jake threw an interception inside his own 30. I really don't believe that Cleveland would have scored a point if Jake hadn't thrown that pick.

Rain Man
10-25-2006, 10:53 AM
It's luck, manchambo. Just luck. Admit it.

listopencil
10-25-2006, 10:55 AM
So the fact that nobody has done it in 40 years or something just doesn't impress you. Because surely during those 40 years nobody played any subpar offenses during the first 7 games of the season.

And ponder this: 14 of the points were (1) a touchdown given up when they went into a prevent-type D at the end of the NE game, and (2) a touchdown last week when wonder-boy Jake threw an interception inside his own 30. I really don't believe that Cleveland would have scored a point if Jake hadn't thrown that pick.

I believe the record or streak is that no one except the Dophins had ever gone five weeks only giving up one TD since the 1934 Detroit(?) team gave up only one TD in it's first seven games. Pretty solid considering the two TD's they gave up were garbage time TD's that had no effect on the game and that they have had some very short fields to defend including the INT Plummer threw on our own twenty that led to the second TD. Just to be in the position to be going for that streak is amazing, 72 years is a long time. With that being said I want to see what they can do against a gifted offense like Indy's.

vailpass
10-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Several positive Roids test should be coming out soon explaining why the Cheatin Donks have played so well on D-they are more juiced up than San Roidiego.

So you're saying that any team who has a lineman that is caught using steroids is a cheating team, one not worthy of respect?
What if that team has a lineman that has been caught roiding twice? Is that team twice as bad?
What if that same team allows that roiding player to return to the team after he fakes retirement to avoid a second suspension?
Hypothetically speaking, of course.

morphius
10-25-2006, 11:02 AM
So you're saying that any team who has a lineman that is caught using steroids is a cheating team, one not worthy of respect?
What if that team has a lineman that has been caught roiding twice? Is that team twice as bad?
What if that same team allows that roiding player to return to the team after he fakes retirement to avoid a second suspension?
Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Well, he was the worst lineman of the 5, he was just trying to keep pace...

TEX
10-25-2006, 12:10 PM

In some cases it's not really who you play as much as it is where and when.

The cheating Donx defense is good, but IMHO probably not as good as the stats suggest. The following circumstances have helped out.

1. Only played 1 playoff team thus far.

2. Played all division games at home thus far (Only team in the division to do so)

3. Got the last by-week in the division and got to play two home games afterwards.

4. Stil have not played back-to-back road games thus far (Again, the only team in the division not to do so and when they do, they get the least amount of back-to-back road trips - just like last year. However, this year they do get two such trips where last year they only got 1)

As usual, there seems to be many early scheduling "quirks" going the Donx way. However, they have managed to take advantage of them by taking care of business.

Bwana
10-25-2006, 12:24 PM
This will soon change:

GoodDaySir!
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM

The cheating Donx defense is good, but IMHO probably not as good as the stats suggest. The following circumstances have helped out.

2. Played all division games at home thus far (Only team in the division to do so)

3. Got the last by-week in the division and got to play two home games afterwards.

4. Stil have not played back-to-back road games thus far (Again, the only team in the division not to do so and when they do, they get the least amount of back-to-back road trips - just like last year. However, this year they do get two such trips where last year they only got 1)

As usual, there seems to be many early scheduling "quirks" going the Donx way. However, they have managed to take advantage of them by taking care of business.

Does stevieray have a gun to your head?

milkman
10-25-2006, 12:31 PM

I'm not saying what they've done isn't impressive.

It is, as Zach points out in the post I quoted, still the NFL.

But it would be far more impressive if they had accomplished this against a couple of teams that have were more accomplished offensively.

Thus far they have done this against teams whose offenses were in transition (KC and NE) at the time they played them, or offenses that have trouble scoring against any defense (Balt, Oakland and Cleveland).

penguinz
10-25-2006, 12:59 PM

As usual, there seems to be many early scheduling "quirks" going the Donx way. However, they have managed to take advantage of them by taking care of business.Big f*ing deal.

tk13
10-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Big f*ing deal.
Not really. So far this year there are only two instances of teams winning consecutive road games in back-to-back weeks.

Also, there are 16 teams in the NFL with winning records. 16 teams at .500 or worse. Of the 16 teams with a winning record so far, only 4 of them have had a set of back/back road games. Of the 16 teams at .500 or worse, 11 of them have had back/back road games.

It's not a law, anything's possible, but it's just something I noticed last year that I think we're all kind of following along to see if it carries over to this year too. Maybe it'll change in the 2nd half of the year when some of these good teams start playing back/backs. In a league where we're 3 points worse than the Broncos and 3 points better than the Chargers, having a slight schedule advantage can be huge... that's the parity of the NFL.

penguinz
10-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Not really. .Yes really. Unless it is a shortened week then in is not a big deal.

If it is a big deal then i guess good teams like the Bears and Eagles will go to hell later this season because the have back to back to back road games.

Crashride
10-25-2006, 03:38 PM
The bears havent played any good teams, why doesnt anyone talk about that.

penguinz
10-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Because the whiny ass people here have an inferiority complex and think that the NFL caters to the whims of the Donkeys and does everything they can to screw the Chiefs.

tk13
10-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Yes really. Unless it is a shortened week then in is not a big deal.

If it is a big deal then i guess good teams like the Bears and Eagles will go to hell later this season because the have back to back to back road games.
Depends. The Eagles just got done playing back-to-back road games. Lost them both, now people are putting the Giants ahead of them to win the division. The Bears have won their last two road games by a total of four points, and probably shouldn't have won last Monday.

I think it's overdramatic to say the season would be "going to hell", but it helps. It's hard to win two straight weeks on the road. Look at what happened to us in Pittsburgh, or what happened to San Diego against us last weekend. Ended up giving up way more points than any other week this year, by far. I thought we looked tired against Pittsburgh.

It's not a hard and fast rule, it's just hard to win consistently on the road, especially against good teams. Go look up all the teams the last couple years that have won back/back road games. Usually it comes against bad teams. It's not impossible, but it is one of the things I think you can use to help predict future success. And I do think it's a scheduling advantage. I don't think the NFL is out looking to screw the Chiefs at all, but we have 7 back/back road trips in 2005-06. The Chargers and Broncos have 7 combined. It's something we have to overcome but I think it's an advantage.

penguinz
10-25-2006, 03:58 PM
All it is is another excuse. Are you really Dick Vermiel?

tk13
10-25-2006, 04:02 PM
How is that an excuse? I didn't make any excuses. You gotta go play the games. You can't just quit. I don't even know who I'm supposed to be making excuses for, everybody has to play back/back road games at some point. That doesn't mean every game has the same degree of difficulty, or doing certain things are not more difficult, or help you predict future success better. It's not rocket science, just an observation.

TEX
10-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Big f*ing deal.

Perhaps you should do little research before you dismiss what effect playing back-to - back road games has on team in the NFL. Plenty of information to review to help change your opinion... :hmmm:

ct
10-27-2006, 01:52 PM
football threads get a bump, even this one