PDA

View Full Version : "Double Trouble For Seattle" Warpaint article. Anyone have access? thanks

chris
10-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Please post.

the Talking Can
10-25-2006, 08:25 AM
if say flattering things about phobia's interview skills I'm sure he'd give you some free premium....or you could fellate gochiefs....your choice...

TinyEvel
10-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Don't rely on Phobia.
I still haven't received my WPI calendar I paid him for at the season opener. Maybe he's mad because I didn't buy any of his tailgate ribs.

Phobia
10-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Heh. I know for a fact that calendar is enroute. I mailed it myself.

chagrin
10-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Don't rely on Phobia.
I still haven't received my WPI calendar I paid him for at the season opener. Maybe he's mad because I didn't buy any of his tailgate ribs.

Sorry Tiny, I shook Phob's hand Sunday morning and the next thing I remember is waking up with 2 arms full of "Girls of War Paint" Calendars, apparently he is quite the salesman

siberian khatru
10-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Sorry Tiny, I shook Phob's hand Sunday morning and the next thing I remember is waking up with 2 arms full of "Girls of War Paint" Calendars, apparently he is quite the salesman

Unless you washed that hand immediately, that's probably not all you got from Phil.

JBucc
10-25-2006, 09:39 AM
I haven't read it and don't plan to but it probably went something like:

Hasselbeck out. Alexander out. Bad for Seattle! Go Chiefs.

jspchief
10-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Synopsis of the article:

Chiefs defensive ends Tamba Harris and Joan Allen will be big trouble for back-up Seahawks QB William Wallace. And Will Shields has been released.

Your welcome.

Fish
10-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Synopsis of the article:

Chiefs defensive ends Tamba Harris and Joan Allen will be big trouble for back-up Seahawks QB William Wallace. And Will Shields has been released.

Your welcome.

ROFL

Brock
10-25-2006, 10:18 AM
The article has something to do with Al Saunders being named head coach of the lions as early as tuesday.

KCFalcon59
10-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Unless you washed that hand immediately, that's probably not all you got from Phil.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

FAX
10-25-2006, 10:40 AM
I will sell you my premium subscription for 3 dollars and an animated gif of that guy in the commercial who repeatedly fast slaps the other guy in the saloon and then pulls his gun on him.

FAX

Rooster
10-25-2006, 11:22 AM
I will sell you my premium subscription for 3 dollars and an animated gif of that guy in the commercial who repeatedly fast slaps the other guy in the saloon and then pulls his gun on him.

FAX

I love that commercial. I laugh at it everytime which in turn my wife calls me an idiot. I'm not sure why I find it so funny, maybe the looks on the guys faces. :)

Calcountry
10-25-2006, 12:07 PM

FAXI love that commercial.

ExtremeChief
10-25-2006, 12:26 PM
I love that commercial. I laugh at it everytime which in turn my wife calls me an idiot. I'm not sure why I find it so funny, maybe the looks on the guys faces. :)

That commercial and the one for Soft Scrub with the monkey, the dude that looks like Napoleon Dynamite, the big latino, and the crazy white woman are two of my favorites.

ExtremeChief
10-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Here's the link to that commercial:

http://www.dialcorp.com/index.cfm?page_id=259

Nzoner
10-25-2006, 12:29 PM

FAX

They call him Trinity

http://tinyurl.com/yee5xu

Mr. Laz
10-25-2006, 12:44 PM
They call him Trinity

http://tinyurl.com/yee5xu
i remember seeing him in movies waaaaaaay back when.

Que Card QB
10-25-2006, 12:54 PM
So apparently, we've got some really big WPI fans in the house, huh?

Phobia
10-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm a big fan. I like JohnnyV's work.

SNR
10-25-2006, 01:03 PM
What's this "Warpaint" you speak of?

Nzoner
10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Here's the link to that commercial:

http://www.dialcorp.com/index.cfm?page_id=259

Here's the link to the Trinity/Sprint commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4vNINn1uMk)

Redrum_69
10-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Que Card QB.....

YOur mom is like Halloween...every day she is wearing the same mask, people run in horror when they see her, she goes from house to house begging for "tricks", she carries her goodies in a brown paper sack and every night she offers them to anyone who has the appetite to sample them.

YOur mom is like a pumpkin....anyone can come along, pay the price per pound, take her home, stick their fist in her, put their glowstick inside, sit her out on the patio, and then watch the neighbors gawk in bewilderment.

Fire Me Boy!
10-25-2006, 01:09 PM
YOur mom is like a pumpkin....anyone can come along, pay the price per pound, take her home, stick their fist in her, put their glowstick inside, sit her out on the patio, and then watch the neighbors gawk in bewilderment.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Que Card QB
10-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Que Card QB.....

YOur mom is like Halloween...every day she is wearing the same mask, people run in horror when they see her, she goes from house to house begging for "tricks", she carries her goodies in a brown paper sack and every night she offers them to anyone who has the appetite to sample them.

YOur mom is like a pumpkin....anyone can come along, pay the price per pound, take her home, stick their fist in her, put their glowstick inside, sit her out on the patio, and then watch the neighbors gawk in bewilderment.That would be funny I suppose, if your mom didn't still read WPI to you for your bed time stories. I'd be upset too.

Phobia
10-25-2006, 01:30 PM
So apparently, we've got some really big WPI fans in the house, huh?

Here's the story of WPI, if you're interested.

There's a lot of Warpaint haters online, and a lot of the criticism is well deserved. The guys who run Warpaint try their best and sometimes they fail. But they're getting better at it and if they ignore all the negative criticism and focus on the things they're doing well maybe they'll rehabilitate that reputation and develop a stronger following.

I think everybody will agree that Warpaint is vastly improved over the past year and especially the past couple of months.

You should take this story with a grain of salt because I'm "one of the guys who run Warpaint and sometimes fails".

Que Card QB
10-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Actually I've never read it. I just thought it pretty funny that no one responded to the article but instead chose to bash the heck out of WPI (pparently being big fans).
Trying to feel my way around here, apparently antifreeze and moms are quite popular as well.

Phobia
10-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Well, Warpaint has a premium section which is subscriber only. This particular article is one of those premium articles so the only ones who can see it are those who subscribe. A lot of the criticism of the site is due to the fact that it costs $100 a year to become a subscriber. I'm not a big fan of the subscriber concept but understand and support the necessity.

Logical
10-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Here's the story of WPI, if you're interested.

There's a lot of Warpaint haters online, and a lot of the criticism is well deserved. The guys who run Warpaint try their best and sometimes they fail. But they're getting better at it and if they ignore all the negative criticism and focus on the things they're doing well maybe they'll rehabilitate that reputation and develop a stronger following.

I think everybody will agree that Warpaint is vastly improved over the past year and especially the past couple of months.

You should take this story with a grain of salt because I'm "one of the guys who run Warpaint and sometimes fails".

I think most of us will withhold judgement until the offseason when WPI stupidity tends to run rampant. The in season stuff is bland and not based on ridiculous speculation.

Phobia
10-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh, you can't agree that even the offseason stupidity decreased by a factor of 10 over the previous offseason? Come on already.

Que Card QB
10-25-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm just trying to figure out why someone would pay a hundred bucks? Seems like the "costs less = more subscribers = more successful" theory might work a little better, but what do I know?

Phobia
10-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I'd like to do reduce the cost too. Fortunately, I'm not in charge of those decisions.

But have you seen everything you get for $100?

Includes 56 issues of Sports Illustrated (a $39.95 value)
Unlimited access to the entire Scout.com Network
Exclusive access to WarpaintIllustrated.com Premium Forums
A Full Year subscription to Warpaint Illustrated Magazine
The most in-depth free agency and draft rankings anywhere
Complete coverage of NFL Draft and Free Agency
Scout.com and FOXSports.com Fantasy News and Updates
$15 Gift Certificate to WhatIfSports.com
Two Specialty Magazines
- 2007 NFL Draft Guide (mailed in April)
- 2007 NFL Season Preview (mailed in July)

FAX
10-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I'd like to do reduce the cost too. Fortunately, I'm not in charge of those decisions.

Two Specialty Magazines

And lots of emails, Mr. Phobia. Lots and lots of emails.

FAX

JBucc
10-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Send me the draft guide and I'll give you some rep.

Que Card QB
10-25-2006, 04:08 PM

Two Specialty Magazines
- 2007 NFL Season Preview (mailed in July)[/end advertisement to QCQB :)] Now this is interesting. For a hundie, you get a bunch of additional stuff worth about $90? How about skip it, and sell it for $10 is all I'm saying. Guess it's a kick-back thing or somethin?

Phobia
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
And lots of emails, Mr. Phobia. Lots and lots of emails.

FAX

Turn that off. You have control of that feature to my knowledge. In fact, you can even adjust it.

Redrum_69
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I'd like to do reduce the cost too. Fortunately, I'm not in charge of those decisions. But have you seen everything you get for $100?

Two Specialty Magazines

YOur mom is like the premium section of WPI...you drop $100 bucks down on something that few people want because most people get it for free anyways, she comes with all these neat little gadgets and accessories, her use of the english language is unparalleled, and once you use her for all shes worth you get a "Thank you" card from Phobia.

Phobia
10-25-2006, 04:16 PM
[/end advertisement to QCQB :)] Now this is interesting. For a hundie, you get a bunch of additional stuff worth about $90? How about skip it, and sell it for $10 is all I'm saying. Guess it's a kick-back thing or somethin?

If you sign up, I get zip so I don't care if you do or not. It's a business and it's supposed to generate a profit. I think the price of a Big Mac is about $3 too high as well but I'm not going to argue with Ronald McDonald about it. Ronald has to pay for his advertising and the building. Same thing with Warpaint. It's not free to send reporters to training camp and football games around the country.

I'd love to give everything away. Seriously, I would. I insist on my own columns being free but that's where my control of it ends. There are people much smarter than I making those decisions.

Crashride
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
YOur mom is like the premium section of WPI...you drop $100 bucks down on something that few people want because most people get it for free anyways, she comes with all these neat little gadgets and accessories, her use of the english language is unparalleled, and once you use her for all shes worth you get a "Thank you" card from Phobia.

ROFL ROFL ROFL :clap:

Que Card QB
10-25-2006, 04:34 PM
If you sign up, I get zip so I don't care if you do or not. It's a business and it's supposed to generate a profit. I think the price of a Big Mac is about $3 too high as well but I'm not going to argue with Ronald McDonald about it. Ronald has to pay for his advertising and the building. Same thing with Warpaint. It's not free to send reporters to training camp and football games around the country.

I'd love to give everything away. Seriously, I would. I insist on my own columns being free but that's where my control of it ends. There are people much smarter than I making those decisions.I didn't mean to suggest you were personally getting a kickback and (for the record) I'm not trying to argue about it.
I meant, maybe WPI makes more money off of "kickbacks" from all the "perks", than they do by lowering the price without the perks.
Certainly the owners have a right to be profitable--I'm 100% for that--I only meant that maybe they might be more profitable if more people only had to pay $10 bucks, minus $90 worth of other stuff vs. less people paying $100 plus the other stuff.
I'm sure you're probably right, the smart people have done the math and the stoopid web forum guy is dead wrong. No surprise. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

*waiting redrum_69's momma talk now*

the Talking Can
10-25-2006, 06:16 PM
is there a thread here that doesn't end up as spam for WPI?

I'd rather have Denise back....

Phobia
10-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Dear Talking Can,
I've tried to resolve this issue with you on the boards, I've tried to resolve it in private - all to no avail. Nick Athan will not make love to you. He's a happily married man and quite frankly, you're no prize. You're going to have to get over that and move on. We're also revoking your complimentary subscription because you never followed through with your promise to compliment my writing style.

chiefs4me
10-25-2006, 07:02 PM
is there a thread here that doesn't end up as spam for WPI?

I'd rather have Denise back....

what's the big deal about it....you see a thread about WPI then skip it, you see a post about WPI, then skip it...:shrug:

JBucc
10-25-2006, 07:04 PM
I'd rather have Denise back....She left?

Kerberos
10-25-2006, 07:15 PM
what's the big deal about it....you see a thread about WPI then skip it, you see a post about WPI, then skip it...:shrug:

Who captured you on film for the gif in your avatar?

J/K

:D

milkman
10-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Who captured you on film for the gif in your avatar?

J/K

:D

Whew......glad to hear you're just kidding.

We all know that witch would be far more desirable.

PastorMikH
10-25-2006, 11:01 PM
i remember seeing him in movies waaaaaaay back when.

"My Name is Nobody" with Henry Fonda is one of my favorite westerns

According to IMDB, he played in a whole bunch of movies as the Trinity character - I'd seen 4 of them, didn't realize there were more. May have to be on the lookout for them.

ChiefFan31
10-26-2006, 05:15 AM
I gotta give props to you Phobia for taking all the critcism in stride. I personally am not involved in the all the WPI drama, and have no wish to get involved. I dont know if that is your sole source of income or not, but it would be hard to not become defensive IMHO.

I used to love getting my weekly copy of the Chiefs Report (I believe it was called) back in 95, 96 here in San Diego, but that was before Al Gore invented the Intraweb. Just seems tough anymore with the amount of information available for free on the Internet to pay that sum for getting the same information but coming from a different writer.

Anyways, guess I felt like throwing my two cents in.

Phobia
10-26-2006, 10:15 AM
I've been defensive about it, so I don't deserve any special accolades. The ones who continue to bash me are guys who particularly enjoy slinging stones. I've tried to make Talking Can feel better about it in private, he won't respond to a private message. It's obvious he has a lot of fun trashing WPI, so I'll shut up and let him. That's how things work here and I'm fine with it.

You raise a good question but we have a lot of unique content and exclusive interviews as well. A magazine is very challenging to do so we have to be smart about what we put in it. I think the mag has improved and is done really well these days.