PDA

View Full Version : Bell vs. Fox

shammus
10-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I really appreciate Herm's policy of playing the best player regardless of draft status, salary, etc...however I have to wonder if this applies to Keyeron Fox and Kendrell Bell. I know that Bell has been playing a little better as of late but last year he appeared to be a total bust and seemed to be favoring his injured shoulder all year. Do the Chiefs just not feel that Fox is ready to step into a starting role despite his contributions as a reserve/special teams player or do you think they simply feel that Bell is still the better player and they're giving him a chance to hang on to the starting spot?

Logical
10-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Seeing as how I am more qualified than the NFL coaches to decide who should play, they must be idiot for not calling me and asking me who should be starting.

jspchief
10-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Fox is not a great tackler. IMO that's what has kept him from getting in the game.

And regardless of what Bell did last year, he appears to be playing pretty well this year.

I'd say the SD game was his best game as a Chief. The timing of this thread is curious.

chagrin
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't know, maybe they should start Bell against only San Diego, he was all over Sunday

Hoover
10-25-2006, 10:51 AM
It seems to me that some people are just Anti Bell. I think those feelings were justified last year, but this year the defense is playing well, and so has Bell.

We have to realize that there are 11 people on defense, not everyone is going to have 10 tackles, an interception, and a sack each game. On Defense I look at how the team plays, not what I read about an individual player in the box score.

shammus
10-25-2006, 10:54 AM
He did have a pretty good game vs. San Diego. However I'm looking at the "whole" I guess you could say. If he can at least string together several strong games in a row, then I suppose you'd be able to say he's definately earned his starting slot.

The Chiefs have also been positive about Fox's play for a while now (from what I can see at least). I'm more or less just curious why he hasn't been given more opportunities in our defense.

recxjake
10-25-2006, 10:56 AM
I'd like to have Bell, Fox, Mitchel and DJ on the field at the same time... we just don't have the line for that

jspchief
10-25-2006, 10:59 AM
I'd like to add that if Vermeil was still at the helm, I'd be more inclined to wonder about getting Fox in.

But Herm has already shown me enough with this defense that I don't feel justified questioning his personell moves.

Fruit Ninja
10-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Bells finaly healthy and its shwoing these past few games. Cept for PITT everyone played like crap, the whole team, cept colquitt lol.

Bell's doing fine for me right now.

Iowanian
10-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I've been all over the "bench Bell for Fox" bandwagon since preseason.

There is obviously a reason Bell is starting. In the preseason, Fox was all over the field making plays. I wonder if he's a liability in coverage, because sunday, he was in the game and was completely out of position a couple of times.

I noticed that Bell played well vs the Dolts...he showed alot more explosion getting after the Qb and seemed to be around alot more plays.

He's been playing better.

bkkcoh
10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
It almost seems like we could play a little 4-4-3 defense. I think one of the LB's could cover well enough if needed to run that type of D.

The DL and LB are definitely the strength's of the D at this time.

It might be interesting to see that at times......

Mr. Laz
10-25-2006, 11:47 AM
got nothing against Fox ... but he still an urban myth as far as i can tell.

He hasn't done anything but play special teams.

why aren't people asking for scanlon or grigsby to play? They've done more on ST than Fox.

chris
10-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Seeing as how I am more qualified than the NFL coaches to decide who should play, they must be idiot for not calling me and asking me who should be starting.

ROFL ROFL Exactly the point!

Iowanian
10-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Scanlon looked good in preseason Defense....Boomer did alright in the middle but isn't going to push Mitchell.

Fox, in the preseason, was all over the field and in on alot of plays each time he was on the field. Thats why.

He looks faster than bell, and more suited as a cover 2 LB to me that Bell, who appears pretty much suited as a pass rusher. Bell played much better vs Eggo.

jiveturkey
10-25-2006, 12:03 PM
why aren't people asking for scanlon or grigsby to play? They've done more on ST than Fox.
Fox is the 2nd leading tackler on ST's behind Griffin.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/misc/dstats_102306.pdf