PDA

View Full Version : Welbourn practiced at left tackle, Chiefs sign OT Chris Terry

Mr. Laz
10-25-2006, 03:07 PM
just heard them say on 810 that

welbourn is practicing at left tackle and that the chiefs had also signed suspended OT Chris Terry.

:shrug:

siberian khatru
10-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Who gets cut when Roidboy comes back?

JimNasium
10-25-2006, 03:09 PM
just heard them say on 810 that

welbourn is practicing at left tackle and that the chiefs had also signed suspended OT Chris Terry.

:shrug:
Who is Chris Terry?

JBucc
10-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Who is Chris Terry?

JBucc
10-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Quien es Chris Terry?

JimNasium
10-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Who is Chris Terry?
Yeah, what he said. WTF is Chris Terry?

JimNasium
10-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Nevermind. I found her.
http://www.christopherterry.com/images/opening2.jpg

C-Mac
10-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Who is Chris Terry?
A guy with two first names?

FAX
10-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Who is Chris Terry? Is he good? Is he an improvement over our itty bitty baby blockers?

FAX

hypersensitiveZO6
10-25-2006, 03:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133430

Calcountry
10-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Nevermind. I found her.
http://www.christopherterry.com/images/opening2.jpgThem are some wicked green eyes.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2006, 03:15 PM
offensive tackle ...... was fairly high draft pick(1999???)

might of even been a 1st rounder.

hasn't played since 2004 because of suspension

domestic abuse and substance abuse i think ... not sure.

played for carolina panthers for awhile

JBucc
10-25-2006, 03:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133430OMG his stats have been erased. This is some sort of conspiracy to keep him away from the Chiefs so we will continue to suck. Well it didn't work Goodell you piece of donkey poo!

FAX
10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133430

He doesn't seem to have much experience.

His picture is nice, though. He looks kinda mean which is good.

FAX

siberian khatru
Who's Chris Terry?

(Sorry, just hate to be left out of the group. Like in kickball in 5th grade, I was always the last picked. I think that's what's held me back in life, well, that and my relationship with my mother, and my time spent as an altar boy with Father Higgins, and the beatings and ... )

Crashride
LOL at this thread. It made me cry I was laughing so hard.

InChiefsHell
10-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Can't find anything about him on NFL.com...\

Discuss Thrower
10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
"What does Chris Terry LOOK like?"

Mr. Laz
10-25-2006, 03:22 PM
"What does Chris Terry LOOK like?"
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/2862/133430br5.jpg

siberian khatru
10-25-2006, 03:23 PM
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/2862/133430br5.jpg

Oh, you mean THAT Chris Terry.

Pitt Gorilla
10-25-2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/northwest/stories/m315645.JPG

Mr. Laz
10-25-2006, 03:26 PM
CHRIS TERRY #60
Position Tackle
Height 6-5
Weight 295
Years Experience 7
Birthdate 8/8/1975
Hometown Jacksonville, FL
College Georgia
Current status Active
Games Started 80
Games Played 82

Pro Career
Seventh-year veteran signed with Kansas City on October 25th … Former second-round pick brings a wealth of experience to the offensive line … Has started 80 of 82 games he has played in since entering the NFL in ‘99 … Originally entered the league with Carolina

(’99-02) before spending three seasons with Seattle (2002-04) ... Returns to football after missing the 2005 season … Has played in 82 career regular season games (80 starts) ... Owns one postseason start.
Transactions: Signed a two-year contract with Kansas City

(10/25/06) ... Released by Seattle (3/18/05) ... Signed a renegotiated contract with Seattle (3/12/04) ... Signed a renegotiated contract with Seattle (1/25/03) ... Claimed off waivers by Seattle from Carolina

(11/21/02) ... Waived by Carolina (11/20/02) ... Signed a renegotiated contract with Carolina (9/15/00) ... Signed a four-year contract with Carolina (5/24/99) ... Selected by Carolina Washington in the second round (34th overall) in the ‘99 NFL Draft.

Games Played/Games Started: 1999 CAR (16/16), 2000 CAR (16/16), 2001 CAR (15/15), 2002 CAR (10/10), 2002 SEA (5/5), 2003 SEA (12/10), 2004 KC (8/8) — 82/80. Playoffs: 2003 SEA (1/1) — 1/1.

Seattle (2002-04): Played in 25 games (23 games) ... Also started one postseason game.

2004: Started eight games and was inactive for four contests … Started the first five games at right tackle … Was inactive at Arizona (10/24) and vs. Carolina (10/31) with a shoulder injury … Started at RT at San Francisco (11/7) and at St. Louis (11/4) ... Was inactive vs. Miami (11/21) and vs. Buffalo (11/28) ... Opened at RT vs. Dallas (12/6) ... Was placed on injured reserve with a shoulder injury on December 10th.

Played in 12 games (10 starts) ... Was suspended for the season’s first four games … Started his first game of the season vs. San Francisco (10/12) ... Started one playoff game … Opened a NFC Wild Card Game at Green Bay (1/4/04).

Started five games at right tackle and was inactive for one game … Was claimed off waivers from Carolina on November 21st … Was inactive vs. Kansas City (11/24) ... Started his first game for Seattle at RT in place of an injured T Floyd Womack at San Francisco (12/1) and started the final four games at that position.

Carolina (1999-02): Started 57 games at right tackle.

2002: Opened 10 contests … Was waived on November 20th … Started the first 10 games at right tackle.

Started 15 games at right tackle … Part of an offensive line that permitted 31.0 sacks, the lowest single-season total in Carolina history … Helped the offense rank eighth in the NFL in sacks per pass attempt … Was inactive vs. San Francisco (11/18) with a left heel injury, ending his string of 41 consecutive starts.

Opened all 16 games at right tackle for the second consecutive season … Helped the offense gain a season-high 450 net yards at San Francisco (9/10), the third-highest single-game total in Carolina history.

Started all 16 games at right tackle … Was the only Carolina rookie to open all 16 contests … Earned consensus all-rookie honors as a right tackle … Part of an offensive squad that compiled a team record 483 yards at Washington (10/3).
College Bio

A two-year starter as a right tackle at Georgia … Named second-team All-America and first-team All-SEC as a senior … Opened 12 contests his senior season … Helped the Bulldogs average more than 400 yards of total offense per game … Started all 12 games as a junior … Helped the Bulldogs finish second in the SEC in rushing offense, third in total offense and fourth in scoring … Saw action as a defensive end his sophomore season … Recorded 17 tackles, a sack and three passes defensed … Played in six games on defense as a redshirt freshman … Totaled seven tackles with two stops for loss … Majored in Sociology at Georgia.

Personal Bio
• A prep standout at Jean Ribault High School in Jacksonville, Florida.
• Named Area Defensive Player of the Year as a senior by The Florida Times-Union.

• A three-year starter on the defensive line, recording 93 tackles and 11.0 sacks.

• Also earned all-area honors in basketball.

• Full name: Christopher Alexander Terry.

• Single, resides in Atlanta, Georgia.

Crashride
10-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Can you describe Chris Terry

FAX
10-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Okay. Here's what we're going to do.

Mr. Bob Dole; you get in touch with Chris Terry's agent and find out what you can about the guy.

Mr. Iowanian; you get on google and stay there until you know everything about Chris Terry, his family, his friends, his family's friends, and his friends' families.

Mr. Rain Man; I want you to to a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in a 50 mile radius.

Mr. Phobia; find Nick Athan and pump him for all the information he has. Use whatever methods you feel are necessary.

I'll stay here and watch the board.

FAX

siberian khatru
10-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Can you describe Chris Terry

"IS HE A BITCH?"

siberian khatru
10-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Mr. Phobia; find Nick Athan and pump him

Just another day at the WPI offices.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-25-2006, 03:29 PM
http://mb14.scout.com/fseahawksinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=35557.topic

ChiefsCountry
10-25-2006, 03:31 PM
He was a pretty good RT with the Panthers and Seahawks.

Short Leash Hootie
Why did Welbourn practice at LT?

Last year, when Roaf was injured, they put dumbass Black at LT...

If Welbourn is a capable LT, why wasn't he playing LT last year?!

I understand he was our RT, but...

GOD DAMNIT I'M CONFUSED.

JakeT
Cool - now Turley has someone he can talk to about whatever in the hell they've both been doing for the last two years.

RedThat
10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, this is good news. Id love to see Welbourne back in there.

But honestly though, I hope that the Chiefs aren't going to do some serious juggling with their tackles. Because our tackles have been doing an adequate job back there.

Jordan Black has been exceptional on the left side. And Sampson has been ok, but his pass blocking skills still need work. I still like our line. And dont want to see too many adjustments. Why play around with something that is working for us?If anything, the odd man out would be Sampson. His pass proctection needs work. That is the only adjustment Id make if I were Herm.

Crashride
10-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I just thought about it guys...where the hell is priest holmes and willie roaf...

ChiefsCountry
10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=RedBull]Jordan Black has been exceptional on the left side. /QUOTE]

WOW, I thought I would never see this on the Planet.

BIG_DADDY
Cool, hope this Terry guy is good.

JimNasium
I just thought about it guys...where the hell is priest holmes and willie roaf...
http://www.lafayettejeff.org/DECA_Website/Products/Nachos.jpg

Easy 6
10-25-2006, 03:38 PM

GOD DAMNIT I'M CONFUSED.
I guess i'm a lil' confused on this issue myself, but i guess the short & sweet answer is that he's better than anyone else we have at LT. As for Terry, sounds like he has some talent...as long as Carl & Herm read him the riot act about character issues & he obeys it sounds like a good move.

Crashride
10-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Um guys how come I dont see Tony Richardson on the depth charts

BIG_DADDY
10-25-2006, 03:40 PM
I just thought about it guys...where the hell is priest holmes and willie roaf... I'm sure they will be at your moms house tonight. After all it is 2 for 1 night.

B2chiefsfan
10-25-2006, 03:43 PM

GOD DAMNIT I'M CONFUSED.

New Coach....???

New OC.....???

RedThat
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=RedBull]Jordan Black has been exceptional on the left side. /QUOTE]

WOW, I thought I would never see this on the Planet.

Do you agree? Or Disagree?

He's been better than Turley? At least I think so.

jynni
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Um guys how come I dont see Tony Richardson on the depth charts
This is a joke right?

Crashride
10-25-2006, 03:50 PM
This is a joke right?

:hmmm:

Frosty
10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Looks like our new FB from last week bit it already. I guess they are happy enough with Bigfoot and Boomer there.

chiefqueen
10-25-2006, 03:54 PM
This may be a "pick his brain" signing. He last played with Seattle, we play Seattle next. We'll know if he's cut Monday.

CHIEF4EVER
10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Jordan Black has been exceptional on the left side.

Exceptional at doing what? Getting bull rushed and punked whilst getting his QB killed? Please explain.

Direckshun
10-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Terry is a capable athlete who backed a sturdy Carolina line and anchored one side of a talented Seahawks line. Ton of experience, very athletic. Solid starter that can handle most any pass rusher.

Better than the tackles we have now? Definitely -- but the tackles we have now have just started meshing with the rest of the line.

Do we juggle the line even more in order to put more talented players in? Can we afford the short-term gamble for the long-term gain?

Questions that make me happy I'm not an OC.

brent102fire
10-25-2006, 08:08 PM
College Bio
Was an All-America selection and first-team All-Pac 10 selection at left tackle as a senior at the University of California in ‘98, serving as a starter in his final three seasons with the Golden Bears … Allowed just 2.0 sacks in his three seasons as a starter for the Golden Bears … Moved over to left tackle as a junior and earned honorable mention All-Pac 10 accolades after going the whole season without allowing a sack … Cracked the lineup at right guard as a sophomore in ‘96, opening eight games at that spot under the direction of head coach Steve Marriucci … Majored in Rhetoric at California and enrolled in the university’s graduate school of Education following his graduation in May of ‘98.

big nasty kcnut
10-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Who the hell is chris terry and why haven't he replaced black yet?

milkman
10-25-2006, 08:31 PM

LMAO

boogblaster
10-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Replace Replace Replace He'd better be good...Get a Rope.....

FAX
10-25-2006, 08:43 PM

ROFL

FAX

Ecto-I
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
The Chiefs are planning on running the quadruple tackle offense with Terry and Black and the weak side and Welbourne and Sampson on the right. TE's Kyle Turley and Jason Dunn will stay in for additional protection as Tony Gonzalez releases and runs around for however long it takes for him to get open. Why run the ball to control the clock when you can just have the qb hold the ball as long as he wants while waiting for his receiver to get open???

RedThat
10-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Exceptional at doing what? Getting bull rushed and punked whilst getting his QB killed? Please explain.

Black has done a good job in pass protection. That simple. Im not one to really go in depth about his blocking if that is what you're asking me to do? I don't know?

But from what I've seen, He has done better than Turley, and seems like the best move for the Chiefs. Yeah his technique needs a bit of work, but, I mean, that is natural when you're asking a guard to move over and play tackle for you. he has had his share of problems against speed rushers. But he seems to do just enough to get the job done.

He had 1 bad game against the Bengals, but has been good ever since we moved him to the left side.

Iowanian
10-25-2006, 08:54 PM
You're on bad drugs redbull...

Black AND A TE/FB HELPING HIM have done a fair job at protecting Huard's blind side. How many balls has he had slapped out of his hand from that side in 5 games?

RedThat
10-25-2006, 09:47 PM
You're on bad drugs redbull...

Black AND A TE/FB HELPING HIM have done a fair job at protecting Huard's blind side. How many balls has he had slapped out of his hand from that side in 5 games?

Bad drugs? yeah ok whatever...Huard has fumbled 3 times

He fumbled twice in the Cinci game. That, WAS Blacks fault. Mind you, he was playing the right side at the time.

I've watched the games. Black PLAYED REALLY good against SF. And, in the zona game KC gave up 3 sacks. All them came from blitzes. As far as one on one blocking, he has played pretty well. Mind you, hes been getting some help, but what can we come to expect? Your playing a Pittsburgh Steelers defense? And so far he has been a fill in guy learning a new position, still a bit of a project. Has had to adjust from several different positions. You ask a guy to play guard, then RT, LT. Thats a lot to ask for from 1 player. And a lot of adjustments hes had to make given a short span of time! People dont think of those things.

As far as Im concerned, hes adjusted well in a short span of time. When your still in progress learning to play a new position and you face a GOOD defense like pittsburgh your not going to ask a guy to block 1 on 1 are you? Or even SD for that matter?

You have to consider those little things. The last game against SD, he played well. At times, JB was blocking Phillips and Merriman 1- on-1 and he handled them well. I watched the tapes.

Black has responded well. Given the circumstances, the time, the situation he has been given. I still think he is learning, and will get better.

*You know, I've read several posts here on the planet about JB. Sometimes I get the impression as if people want to judge the guy from HAVING 1 bad game. They set their mark on saying he sucks, and don't even put forth any attention as to what the guy has done lately?

Im not saying he is GREAT or anything. I still think the guy is learning and will get better. It is expected when you have to adjust from one position to the next. I still think he will make mistakes, but I dont think he is as bad as people make him seem. He is servicable. Believe me, Iowanian, I've seen A LOT worse LT's in the National football League.

ChiefaRoo
10-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Dude your fooked in the head if you think Jordan Black is anything but a simple journeyman. He's had help from other players (chipping the OT) and he's forced KC into shorter drops and his lack of sealing the edge has caused LJ to take shots he never took last year which could get him obliterated. He's not going to get better. KC needs a stud LT or at least a red chipper not some fringe guy who needs help.

PS - Did you defend Eric Warfield too?

RedThat
10-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Dude your fooked in the head if you think Jordan Black is anything but a simple journeyman. He's had help from other players (chipping the OT) and he's forced KC into shorter drops and his lack of sealing the edge has caused LJ to take shots he never took last year which could get him obliterated. He's not going to get better. KC needs a stud LT or at least a red chipper not some fringe guy who needs help.

What do you want the guy to do?

He is learning a NEW position. Your playing GOOD defenses in Pittsburgh and SD. Of course, he needs double team, here and there..Especially if the guy is learning a new position and is asked to block against Pittsburgh and SD. They blitz like crazy. Especially when you're asking a guy to make adjustments from playing guard, RT, to LT? Do you expect the guy to be a ROAF?

Oh yeah he is not going to get better? Sure, your pessimist will agree with you on that. But I think he will get better.

We'll find out if KC needs a stud LT. It's still a long season. But as far as Im concerned, you gotta think real. We aint getting a stud LT. It aint happening.

Jordan Black is our LT. And will be for the season. Yeah he is going to need help at times, but the guy is learning. We just have to work him through, see how he does for the rest of the season, and go from there.

Right now, he is the best we got.

RedThat
10-25-2006, 10:27 PM

As for Warfield,

I once thought he was a good CB for us, and so did a majority of the planeteers. And a friend of mine disagreed with me on that. He came on this board, started a thread on warfield, and asked several Chief fans if they thought he sucked or was good?

And THAT believe me, created a fiasco of an argument!

Because people disagreed with my friend, he thought he sucked and they thought he was good! Sometimes I dont get it, people have opinions fine, if you disagree, fine. If you agree, great. But some guys man, its like, if they dont agree with you, they look for ways to argue with you. And if they can't get it through, they start getting personal.

I reccommend that, you read that thread. Honestly. You don't have to if you dont want to. The title of the thread is called warfield???? created by cherryontop.

It's a bit of a joke. But it turns out my friend was right warfield DOES suck.

Iowanian
10-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Brian Waters is on 810 for his weekly thing....

He said Welbourne is in good shape, and brings Depth to the OT and G position..glad he's back. He was surprised tehy were able to land a guy with so many quality starts, like Chris Terry this late in the season.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Black gets waaaaay too much help for us to make any kind of determination that he is "good".

he almost always has a TE over there ...... and usually a RB to chip as well.

That's not good, that's the chiefs changing their entire scheme to take care of 1 player.

Gonzo
10-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Who in the FU#K is Chris Terry and why is Redbull back suckinig on the glass deek again??? :banghead:

Frazod
10-26-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking this means the Turley experiment is officially a failure.

Easy 6
10-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm thinking this means the Turley experiment is officially a failure.
Yup, if his back cant hold up at 285 then whats the point.

FAX
10-26-2006, 12:12 PM
What's funny about all this is that you could combine every OLT and pseudo OLT on the squad and still not come up with a Willie Roaf.

Geez, was I spoiled.

FAX

NY CHIEF
10-26-2006, 12:14 PM
This means goodbye for turley, we need players on the field not the tub ROFL

Mr. Laz
10-26-2006, 12:17 PM
This means goodbye for turley, we need players on the field not the tub ROFL
turley's money is guarenteed so maybe turley can be an H-back

fullback and tightend blocker?

StcChief
10-26-2006, 12:31 PM
He Turley was a stop gap, Carl just thought it would 16 game stopper.... Give him his money and move on.

FringeNC
10-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Black gets waaaaay too much help for us to make any kind of determination that he is "good".

That's not good, that's the chiefs changing their entire scheme to take care of 1 player.

Yep. That's right. All of our passing plays are either quick-hitters or max. protect packages or both. Jordan Black is NOT good.

OrlandoChief
10-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Where's Waldo?

RedThat
10-26-2006, 04:41 PM

Did you watch the last drive of the game?

Just before Tynes hit his 53 yard FG? Black handled Merriman 1-on-1 3 times in a row. No help.

ct
10-27-2006, 02:00 PM
football threads get a bump