PDA

View Full Version : It is official: The world is no longer worth saving

Raiderhader
10-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Some one push the button that launches that first nuke and just end the madness once and for all. :shake:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2606557

Oct. 25, 2006 The familiar scream "You're it!" is slowly disappearing from schoolyards as administrators enact rules banning the classic game from recess.

Last week, Willett Elementary School in Attleboro, Mass., became one of four schools nationwide to enforce a tag ban. Principal Gaylene Heppe said the school made the decision because recess is "a time when accidents can happen."

The ban touched off a stream of local criticism and national ridicule with newspapers calling it "ridiculous" and "overzealous."

Is tag the scourge of recess? Does it belong, as one expert has placed it, in the "physical education hall of shame"?

We did an unscientific poll with a prepubescent focus group and found a resounding "no."

One child said the choice to get rid of this game is "horrible."

Avoiding Sore Losers

As some schools move to ban this classic schoolyard chase, in which kids run around and try to avoid getting tapped and named "it," some believe the game is just bad for the losers' pysches.

That's what led to the banning of dodge ball in some schools. But one critic still questions this choice.

"Generations of Americans have survived tag. I wonder why now? What's so terrible about being 'it' a few extra times?" asked USA Today columnist Christine Brennan.

At a time when there's an epidemic of childhood obesity, it seems unwise to limit kids' activities. But this particular game may not be the best way to get kids running and burning calories, according to Eastern Connecticut State University physical education professor Neil Williams, who put tag in his "hall of shame."

Williams said the kids who most need the exercise are usually tagged out earliest and shut out of the game.

"They wind up sitting on the sidelines. They get no benefit except to watch the stronger kids, the better kids excel at the game," he said.

Debating aside, two of the young "experts" who spoke with ABC News remain solid in their support of the game.

"You'll have nothing to do if they ban tag, because it's just not fun without tag," one said.

Mr. Kotter
10-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Yep. Pretty fuggin' stupid. I think someone posted something similar just recently. Estrogen powered political fuggin' correctness.:shake:

boogblaster
10-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I tagged a school teacher once ....

Dark Horse
10-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Why end it now? It's just getting absurdly interesting.

Mr. Kotter
10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
I tagged a school teacher once ....

You should have been executed.

:p

Raiderhader
10-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Why end it now? It's just getting absurdly interesting.

No, it's just getting absurd.

scott free
10-25-2006, 09:24 PM
*As Bob Barker*.....Please remember to have your kids spayed or neutered!!!

SLAG
10-25-2006, 09:27 PM
REPOST
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150117&highlight=School

KCChiefsMan
10-25-2006, 09:30 PM
REPOST

FAX
10-25-2006, 09:31 PM
This is very funny to me. Parents allow their kids to play video games in which you chainsaw off the heads of one-eyed, pus-riddled zombies and then wade knee deep through their rancid blood to pick up some ammo for your razor gun, but they don't want the kids to play tag.

I wish I'd had parents like that.

FAX

Dark Horse
10-25-2006, 09:34 PM
This is very funny to me. Parents allow their kids to play video games in which you chainsaw off the heads of one-eyed, pus-riddled zombies and then wade knee deep through their rancid blood to pick up some ammo for your razor gun, but they don't want the kids to play tag.

I wish I'd had parents like that.

FAX

Walking the razors edge
Balancing on a ledge
The evil that children do lives on and on

Douche Baggins
10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Yep. Pretty fuggin' stupid.

YOU'RE IT!

*runs away*

Raiderhader
10-25-2006, 10:04 PM
REPOST

Have you tried doing a search on the Planet involving a three letter word? Trust me, I considered doing a search for the topic.

KCWolfman
10-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Let's just change it to "you have the potential to run after me now that I have indicated I have chosen you as only one of the self same collective. If you choose not to run, that in no way disgraces you or places you in a lower class than me. Perhaps we can play a lovely game of tie soccer instead?"

Ari Chi3fs
10-25-2006, 10:08 PM
hahah ...scooped by redrum69....

just like your mom scooped my balls and caressed them last night.

SLAG
10-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Have you tried doing a search on the Planet involving a three letter word? Trust me, I considered doing a search for the topic.

its cool...

just flipin ya some shyt

Raiderhader
10-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Let's just change it to "you have the potential to run after me now that I have indicated I have chosen you as only one of the self same collective. If you choose not to run, that in no way disgraces you or places you in a lower class than me. Perhaps we can play a lovely game of tie soccer instead?"

Russ!

listopencil
10-25-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm the assistant in my son's Boy Scout troop. We come up with activities each Monday for the boys to do. Usually one physical activity amongst a few skill or mental ones. Two weeks ago it was various forms of tag. Last week it was a relay race. This last monday I had them do frisbee football. They have been having a blast. Too bad they might not get to do this stuff on their own playgrounds anymore.

KCWolfman
10-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Russ!
JAMIE!

Demonpenz
10-25-2006, 11:21 PM
you watch there is going to be an illegal tag going on now
first rule of tag club
you don't talk about tag club
if this is your first time you are it.