PDA

View Full Version : Realistically

OldTownChief
10-25-2006, 10:31 PM
I believe we need to win out at home and take at least two on the road to have a shot. I like our chances of winning out at home and taking THREE on the road.

Oct 29 Seattle WIN
Nov 5 @St. Louis WIN
Nov 12 @Miami LOSE
Nov 19 Oakland WIN
Nov 23 Denver WIN
Dec 3 @Cleveland WIN
Dec 10 Baltimore WIN
Dec 17 @San Diego LOSE
Dec 23 @Oakland WIN
Dec 31 Jacksonville WIN

11-5

SLAG
10-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I like your thinking but I dont see these chiefs winning 4 in a row :(

|Zach|
10-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Jacksonville is one of those teams...they always seem to get the best of us.

How do we drop the game against Miami though?

OldTownChief
10-25-2006, 10:36 PM

We have a horrible record against Miami on the road with last year being the exception, not the rule.

L.A. Chieffan
10-25-2006, 10:36 PM
I like your optimism but for some reason these is always one game were "supposed" to win but we end up blowing it. It could be Seattle, or St. Louis, or something REALLY bad like Cleveland so 10-6 is my estimate meaning we'll get screwed out of the playoffs once again, and become the first team probably to have back to back ten win seasons and not go to the playoffs either year

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-25-2006, 10:37 PM

I think he's counting on the Florida jinx

FAX
10-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Our schedule is extremely favorable, for sure, Mr. OldTownChief. I'm with you on this positive thinking thing. Especially if we can get some improvement going with the oline.

I'd probably switch the J'ville and Miami losses. But otherwise, it seems very possible to me.

FAX

OldTownChief
10-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I like your thinking but I dont see these chiefs winning 4 in a row :(

We have to be able to do that to be a legitimate playoff team and three of those are in Arrowhead, the other is the Brownies.

Dark Horse
10-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Those are all winable games. Of course they are all loseable games too.

OldTownChief
10-25-2006, 10:41 PM
We have a horrible record against Miami on the road with last year being the exception, not the rule.

plus it's back to back road games and that's one thing I can agree with gochiefs on.

PunkinDrublic
10-25-2006, 10:41 PM
One things for sure, Chiefs fans have got to take over the dome in St. Louis and make it a home game for us.

SLAG
10-25-2006, 10:43 PM
We have to be able to do that to be a legitimate playoff team and three of those are in Arrowhead, the other is the Brownies.

I know... but if we just think of them as the "brownies" then they will underestemate them like they always do... I hope Not... That game is really the one the scares me the most

Sam Hall
10-25-2006, 10:48 PM
The Miami game doesn't look anywhere near as scary as it did in the preseason. The Baltimore game looks interesting. Chiefs defense should play well in that game. Remember what happened to Cincy when they showed up for week 17 at Arrowhead last season? That's what will happen to Jacksonville this season.

tk13
10-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah, that Cleveland game scares me. With our luck, we'd play real tough and take the St. Louis and Miami games, then have a letdown after Denver and lose @ Cleveland.

Although, we'll have 10 days before that game, plenty of time to prepare. Actually with our luck we'd beat St. Louis and San Diego and lose the other three road games.

OldTownChief
10-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Before the season I had Seattle as a loss but Cincy as a win. IMO, if we lose another game at home, it's over.

banyon
10-25-2006, 10:52 PM

If we lose to Joey F***ing Harrington, I quit.

OldTownChief
10-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Although, we'll have 10 days before that game, plenty of time to prepare. Actually with our luck we'd beat St. Louis and San Diego and lose the other three road games.

I'm more worried about the short time to prep for the Donks.

OldTownChief
10-25-2006, 10:55 PM
If we lose to Joey F***ing Harrington, I quit.

I'd take switching the St. Louis and Miami...better to win the AFC game anyway.

Halfcan
10-25-2006, 10:55 PM
We should destroy the Fins just like the last time down there.

Sam Hall
10-25-2006, 10:58 PM
IMO, St. Louis and San Diego are the games to worry about. Something about the dome concerns me. Plus that Torry Holt guy. Should be a shootout. We usually beat Denver at home. The Browns don't have enough offense to hurt our defense.

runnercyclist
10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
9-1

Oct 29 Seattle WIN
Nov 5 @St. Louis WIN
Nov 12 @Miami WIN
Nov 19 Oakland WIN
Nov 23 Denver WIN
Dec 3 @Cleveland WIN
Dec 10 Baltimore WIN
Dec 17 @San Diego LOSE
Dec 23 @Oakland WIN
Dec 31 Jacksonville WIN

Frosty
10-26-2006, 08:40 AM
plus it's back to back road games and that's one thing I can agree with gochiefs on.

I was thinking about that, too. I'm hoping that the fact that the first road game is only across the state, combined with the fact that Miami sucks, will result in back to back road wins.

That said, I'm pretty worried about the Rams game.

the Talking Can
10-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Rams looks like a trap game to me.

assume we're coming off of two big home wins, we hit the road a little fat and happy....Rams have a tough offense now that Martz is gone...

can we play on the road the way we played at Denver?...if so, we have a shot at the playoffs...still need to see it to believe it...

StcChief
10-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Based on TrentGreen returning Nov. 5th or 12th.

Oct 29 Seattle WIN
Nov 5 @St. Louis WIN
Nov 12 @Miami WIN
Nov 19 Oakland WIN
Nov 23 Denver WIN
Dec 3 @Cleveland WIN
Dec 10 Baltimore LOSE
Dec 17 @San Diego LOSE
Dec 23 @Oakland LOSE
Dec 31 Jacksonville WIN

10-6 Wild Card team.

Warrior5
10-26-2006, 09:15 AM
I like the optimism...

I'd switch the Miami and St. Louis games, and add another loss for 10-6.

Lzen
10-26-2006, 09:29 AM

Jacksonville is the last game of the season and it's at home. Besides, the Jags aren't real impressive this year. They have the same record as the Chiefs and are coming off a 27-7 loss to the Texans. The Chiefs should beat them.

cdcox
10-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Rams looks like a trap game to me.

assume we're coming off of two big home wins, we hit the road a little fat and happy....Rams have a tough offense now that Martz is gone...

can we play on the road the way we played at Denver?...if so, we have a shot at the playoffs...still need to see it to believe it...

I don't know how a road game in which we will be underdogs can be considered a trap game.

chiefqueen
10-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I believe we need to win out at home and take at least two on the road to have a shot. I like our chances of winning out at home and taking THREE on the road.

Oct 29 Seattle WIN
Nov 5 @St. Louis WIN
Nov 12 @Miami LOSE
Nov 19 Oakland WIN
Nov 23 Denver WIN
Dec 3 @Cleveland WIN
Dec 10 Baltimore WIN
Dec 17 @San Diego LOSE
Dec 23 @Oakland WIN
Dec 31 Jacksonville WIN

11-5

Almost perfect, but I would flip the St. Louis and Miami results. St. Louis is good and the team will have a bounce in its step with Trent's return in Miami.

Old Dog
10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Almost perfect, but I would flip the St. Louis and Miami results. St. Louis is good and the team will have a bounce in its step with Trent's return in Miami.
Yep.

ChiefsOne
10-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Won't lose to Miami, but will stumble against one of the others. I see the Chiefs losing at the Chargers and one or two more.

Mr. Kotter
10-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Won't lose to Miami, but will stumble against one of the others. I see the Chiefs losing at the Chargers and one or two more.

I agree. Loss against the Chargers, and winning two out of three tough games against Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Denver...leaves them 11-5. So even if they lose another unexpectedly, they should still have a shot at the playoffs. Although, if they wish to control their own destiny, they better win 11....

Boise_Chief
10-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Before the season I had Seattle as a loss but Cincy as a win. IMO, if we lose another game at home, it's over.

It ain't over till Rhonda Moss sings.

chiefqueen
10-26-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree. Loss against the Chargers, and winning two out of three tough games against Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Denver...leaves them 11-5. So even if they lose another unexpectedly, they should still have a shot at the playoffs. Although, if they wish to control their own destiny, they better win 11....

Unlike last year Jax is taking a dive, the Jets.........I'm not buying and Miami and Buffalo are non-factors. After Balt, Pitt, & Cincy finish beating each other up only one team may come out of the north. Therefore, it is possible both WC's come out of the West and if that happens we already know who's the odd team out.

Inspector
10-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Our schedule is extremely favorable, for sure, Mr. OldTownChief. I'm with you on this positive thinking thing. Especially if we can get some improvement going with the oline.

I'd probably switch the J'ville and Miami losses. But otherwise, it seems very possible to me.

FAX

This is what I was thinking except I don't talk so eloquently.

Or spell worth a damn.

FAX
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
This is what I was thinking except I don't talk so eloquently.

Or spell worth a damn.

I am the King of fragmented sentence structure, Mr. Inspector.

I guess you can go ahead and crown my ass.

FAX THE KING OF FRAGMENTED SENTENCE STRUCTURE

RINGLEADER
10-26-2006, 11:46 AM
We SHOULD win out at home...games like Denver and Jacksonville and Baltimore will be tough but history and timing lead me to believe we'll take them.

As far as the road games go, out of the remaining schedule of @St. Louis, @Miami, @Cleveland, @San Diego, and @Oakland we should go 3-2.

Only caveat here would be if we lose our next two road games - it would leave us at 4-5 and might make it hard on team morale...so I think we need to go at least 2-1 in the next three.

Still wish we'd won at Denver...we'd be in first place and well on our way to the division...shows how important single games (or single plays in single games - ahem, LJ fumble, ahem) are...

boogblaster
10-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Looks winable for sure..could lose 3 more tho..hope not..getting in the POs with a 10-6 is getting harder these days.....BOOG....

Braincase
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
We SHOULD win out at home...games like Denver and Jacksonville and Baltimore will be tough but history and timing lead me to believe we'll take them.

As far as the road games go, out of the remaining schedule of @St. Louis, @Miami, @Cleveland, @San Diego, and @Oakland we should go 3-2.

Only caveat here would be if we lose our next two road games - it would leave us at 4-5 and might make it hard on team morale...so I think we need to go at least 2-1 in the next three.

Still wish we'd won at Denver...we'd be in first place and well on our way to the division...shows how important single games (or single plays in single games - ahem, LJ fumble, ahem) are...

Nice analysis. I agree, but, I'd sure like to see us win all three of the next games. I don't think winning 5 of the next 6 is beyond reason.

OldTownChief
10-26-2006, 06:17 PM

Oct 29 Seattle WIN
Nov 5 @St. Louis WIN
Nov 12 @Miami WIN
Nov 19 Oakland WIN
Nov 23 Denver WIN
Dec 3 @Cleveland WIN
Dec 10 Baltimore LOSE
Dec 17 @San Diego LOSE
Dec 23 @Oakland LOSE
Dec 31 Jacksonville WIN

10-6 Wild Card team.

You have us loseing to Oakland, or is that a typo?

Adept Havelock
10-26-2006, 06:20 PM

He wants to give Al Davis a Xmas Present...

FAX
10-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Oakland's getting a lot better.

I think they've won a game already.

FAX

Halfcan
10-26-2006, 06:23 PM

Oct 29 Seattle WIN
Nov 5 @St. Louis WIN
Nov 12 @Miami WIN
Nov 19 Oakland WIN
Nov 23 Denver WIN
Dec 3 @Cleveland WIN
Dec 10 Baltimore LOSE
Dec 17 @San Diego LOSE
Dec 23 @Oakland LOSE
Dec 31 Jacksonville WIN

10-6 Wild Card team.

Lose to Chokeland?? ROFL Just posting that is a banable offense around here.

Halfcan
10-26-2006, 06:24 PM

A typo? That would be very bad spelling if that was the case-I think it was just a stoopid post. ROFL

OldTownChief
10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
And to think...I got shit for taking Miami.

OldTownChief
10-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Oakland's getting a lot better.

I think they've won a game already.

FAX

Those idiots had a great shot at going 0-16. Nobody will remember a 1-15 team. Where is the pride man.

cdcox
10-26-2006, 08:16 PM

This, IMO, is what makes football so great. The whole season could turn on any given play. See Green's sack against the Cowboy's last year.

CHENZ A!
10-26-2006, 09:40 PM
One things for sure, Chiefs fans have got to take over the dome in St. Louis and make it a home game for us.

I'll be there yelling my ass off as always.

Also, if we lose another home game, then we are done. We also must sweep the Raiders. that's it.

Count Alex's Losses
10-26-2006, 09:45 PM
And to think...I got shit for taking Miami.

Well, you deserved it. Miami is just really awful. I mean just disgustingly bad. That matchup is like our matchup with the Texans last year.

OldTownChief
10-26-2006, 09:46 PM
I'll be there yelling my ass off as always.

Also, if we lose another home game, then we are done. We also must sweep the Raiders. that's it.

Agreed

OldTownChief
10-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Well, you deserved it. Miami is just really awful. I mean just disgustingly bad. That matchup is like our matchup with the Texans last year.

It's the second of two on the road and it's in Florida.

Count Alex's Losses
10-26-2006, 09:56 PM
It's the second of two on the road and it's in Florida.

I know. The Dolphins are THAT BAD. The Texans game last year was the second-game of a two-game road trip.

Easy 6
10-26-2006, 10:27 PM
I know. The Dolphins are THAT BAD. The Texans game last year was the second-game of a two-game road trip.
The fins have looked like dookie but there is still to much talent on both sides to get cocky. After we jap slapped'em last year they will want blood, plus they are at home again. We better have'em strapped tight for that game IMO. PS- No offense meant to any of our Asian friends with "jap slapped", i just like the ring it has :)

ct
10-27-2006, 02:56 PM
football threads get a bump

OldTownChief
10-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Good man coryt.

SNR
10-27-2006, 05:39 PM
You're all fooling yourselves. We win out, gain homefield advantage in the playoffs, and lose at home in the 2nd round with a 13-3 record.

You all know it's coming :cuss: :banghead:

OldTownChief
11-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Right on target so far, a win next week is just icing on the cake. We HAVE to beat the Donks on Thanksgiving.

Count Alex's Losses
11-05-2006, 06:40 PM
a win next week is just icing on the cake.

We NEED to beat Miami. I know it's the second game, but they SUCK. They have NO BUSINESS beating us.

OldTownChief
11-05-2006, 06:42 PM
We NEED to beat Miami. I know it's the second game, but they SUCK. They have NO BUSINESS beating us.

They played the Bears tough, I hope it was just a fluke.

VonneMarie
11-05-2006, 06:43 PM
There is no way we lose to Miami. No way. :shake:

ChiefsOne
11-05-2006, 06:49 PM
beat Miami and possibily lose to Baltimore

Rausch
11-05-2006, 06:51 PM
They played the Bears tough, I hope it was just a fluke.

You think?

You know, being that it's their job to preserve the only unbeaten team and all?

Just a thought...

mcan
11-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I went ahead and highlited all the dangerous games that we (and Denver and San Diego) have coming up. Obviously, on any given Sunday, any team (read also: Dolphins) can surprise you, but the non-highlited games should be Ws for all three of us. The other cool thing to note is that, the bad guys play each other twice! That's two free losses that are going to give us an edge. But just looking at the schedule, it's really easy to see how the Chiefs are in the driver's seat. Beating Seattle and San Diego both, will help us immensely. We REALLY need to win on Thanksgiving.

Chiefs 5-3

Nov 12 @Miami
Nov 19 Oakland
Nov 23 Denver
Dec 3 @Cleveland
Dec 10 Baltimore
Dec 17 @San Diego
Dec 23 @Oakland
Dec 31 Jacksonville

Broncos 6-2

Nov 12 @Oakland
Nov 19 San Diego
Nov 23 @Kansas City
Dec 3 Seattle
Dec 10 @San Diego
Dec 17 @Arizona
Dec 24 Cincinnati
Dec 31 San Francisco

Chargers 6-2

Nov 12 @Cincinnati
Nov 19 @Denver
Nov 26 Oakland
Dec 3 @Buffalo
Dec 10 Denver
Dec 17 Kansas City
Dec 24 @Seattle
Dec 31 Arizona

OldTownChief
11-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Still on target, hopefully Green can come back next week because Huard sucks balls.