PDA

View Full Version : Two Plus Two

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Here's this week's version. Let me know what you think, please.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=583434

Ebolapox
10-26-2006, 01:17 AM
whew...I thought this was another math thread

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2006, 01:20 AM
A couple of things based on a quick read:

1) Kennison may be all-time great Chief as far as WRs are concerned, but by that token, Jim Miller could be considered an all-time great Bear. WR is probably our least distinguished of all positions, so him being an all-time great at that position for us is diminished in my opinion. However, he has been a very good citizen and teammate while here. A great pickup.

2. The Grbac/Gannon thing is a reach. The only similarity is that you have a backup QB coming in and playing reasonably well. The Chiefs are a better team with Trent Green at the helm. He was a pro bowler (twice), and Grbac was never a pro bowler until after this controversy (once in 2000, I believe). Also, we've lost two games with Huard at the helm. With Gannon, we ran off a huge winning streak, to the point that it became a legitimate question. This seems to me more of the type of question that is bred of the 24 hour sports mindset that tells us we always have to have something controversial to talk about. Huard's played well, he's also played well against defenses designed to let him succeed by virtue of their sole focus on containing the run.

Watching Gunther's defense on 3rd and long brought back G-Rob memories. This defense fails on third and long when we 1) telegraph blitzes, or 2) don't blitz and don't generate a pass rush which exposes the middle of the field. We need to blitz later in the pre-snap moments in order to maximize 3rd down success, IMO.

TinyEvel
10-26-2006, 01:23 AM
Repizzle?

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Those are fair comments, Hamas. I'm intrigued by the debate and I can't wait to see it play out.

You know Chiefs fans are going to say Herm was an idiot for not doing whichever one doesn't work out. Heh heh.

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Kennison maybe one of the best WR but we don't have that many to choose from. Kennison benifited from a powerhouse Offense. If the D stacks the line to stuff priest and spy's TG at all times I would hope your WR would put up numbers.

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Kennison also was helped by our shitty defenses causing us to go into hurry up and throw the ball down field.

tk13
Is this the new party line, or WPIPL? Haha... To try and create a QB controversy? I'm not quite buying it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Those are fair comments, Hamas. I'm intrigued by the debate and I can't wait to see it play out.

You know Chiefs fans are going to say Herm was an idiot for not doing whichever one doesn't work out. Heh heh.

Herm is in a no-win situation as far as that is concerned (if something goes wrong). The Sonny Corleone move would be staying with the lesser of two QBs, Huard. The Michael move is going back to Trent, when he is ready. The Fredo move would be to bring in Printers. :D

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Huard doesn't offer the mobility that gannon did either. I remember the big talk was grbac just stood there but gannon was another weapon with his running ability.

Phobia
Yeah, which is why I stated "That's not saying a whole lot." within the column. But EK makes very nice catches. He's very impressive, even at his age.

1996 was one heckuva year for drafting a WR.

TinyEvel
damn, this is a VERY active thread right now!
If it were on 'roids, Herm would sign it to the O-line

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:31 AM
Is this the new party line, or WPIPL? Haha... To try and create a QB controversy? I'm not quite buying it.

I'm not creating anything, I'm asking questions designed to generate discussion.

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 01:33 AM
You said alot about kennison for "Not saying a whole lot"

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 01:34 AM
the article itself I don't really have a problem with it.

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:37 AM
You said alot about kennison for "Not saying a whole lot"

Heh. It's an expression. The expression agrees with everybody on this thread who says the Chiefs haven't had a lot of incredibly talented WR in their history.

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 01:44 AM
Heh. It's an expression. The expression agrees with everybody on this thread who says the Chiefs haven't had a lot of incredibly talented WR in their history.

I know the expression. I am just wondering who your subscribers are. If they are hardcore fans around like around chiefs planet. I would think there would be eye rolling once they read the EK part because if you put up a couple good seasons you would be one of the best WR for the chiefs. I could be off though.

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:50 AM
EK has been with the Chiefs for 6 seasons. He's spent more time as a Chief than he did as a Ram, Saint, Bear, or Bronco combined.

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 01:53 AM
I don't know what the hell i am trying to say.

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:54 AM
That's alright. We should go get a beer at BW3 sometime. We can figure it out there.

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 01:59 AM
as long as we get the good waitress

Phobia
10-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Are you talking about the big girl who brings me my drink without being asked and laughs at all my jokes or are you talking about the one with the nice rack?

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 02:03 AM
I listened to mike nugent the other day on 810 for a couple hours. I don't know if he is good at radio what but i couldn't tell who the host was or who he was. They didn't bring up anything that I wasn't already thinking after the game. One thing I thought going in the game that actually came true was the draws. The steelers don't rush the edges that much but watching the raiders game I saw alot of pass rushing off the edge. I thought that would keep merriman at home if we ran the draw 10 or 12 plays. That really helped the O line create holes. The whole "Larry is back!" was a bunch of bullshit. Just needed to scheme and block better.

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 02:04 AM
Are you talking about the big girl who brings me my drink without being asked and laughs at all my jokes or are you talking about the one with the nice rack?

The one that just brings beer and makes fun of you. Thats the good one.

Phobia
10-26-2006, 02:29 AM
You sure you aren't talking about Big Jax on 610? I know Nuge goes on his show for a segment or two but I didn't know somebody did the whole show with Jax.

It's hard to do radio, especially right after the game. You have all those emotions and energy.... If I had written my column right after the game I'd have bragged on our kicker and whined about Herm going to the lockerroom at the half. I have 2 or 3 days to prepare my column which I prefer because I want to talk about stuff that nobody else is discussing (though it appears the whole QB controversy thread was done this afternoon).

Phobia
10-26-2006, 02:30 AM
The one that just brings beer and makes fun of you. Thats the good one.

When you think she's making fun of me, that's her way of telling me that she loves me and that all the girls who work there want me.

Bob Dole
10-26-2006, 07:08 AM
When you think she's making fun of me, that's her way of telling me that she loves me and that all the girls who work there want me.

You left out "to tip better".

bringbackmarty
10-26-2006, 09:00 AM
I liked the article Phil, and I don't care if Huard loses 2 more games before Green comes back, Huard might be a better fit @ qb than Green, the way herm likes to win games. He likes ball control, no turnovers, trying to control, or at least manage the game through the clock. Green, by his own admission, likes to take chances, that's just who he is.

Huard has fumbled a bit, but only one pick, green would have thrown seven picks by now, he always starts slow. What if Huard wins the next two, and Green comes in and tosses three picks vs. Miami? We will have a controversy for sure. Green is an awesome qb, but timing is everything, and he does tend to start out slow. When he comes back vs Miami, he could very well suck, and then if Herm sticks with him for a couple and we lose we will be 5-5. It will be hard to establish a playoff mentality going back to Huard, and you are right, Chiefs fans will be pissed either way.

Que Card QB
10-26-2006, 10:01 AM
My thoughts:

Getting burned on third and long is quite frustrating. If we're going to bring the house this week, Seneca might go nuts ala Elway.

Can't say much about having a near 100% healthy team. Surely the added depth (provided they play), would help the D hold our leads later. But you have to worry about players returning to play from injuries, they're not always "game ready".

Neil Smith - Kind of sucks but if I remember correctly, he didn't go because he wanted to, it was because Carl had to pay Derrick and couldn't pay Neil what he was worth as well. I'm alright with it but more so, because he continues to invest in KC.

Gannon - Same thing really. How can you fault a guy that was discarded for Grbac? No he probably wouldn't have came for Neil's deal without already being there.

Harlan rocks.

The Gannon/Grbac thing is completely different than Green/Huard. We're not heading into the playoffs, just coming off an all Huard-led winning season. Huard is doing a great job filling in (we can't forget that) and Green is returning.
All this talk will go away after Trent throws for 300 and Larry runs for 250 in his first game back.
Trent commands the defense NOT stack the box.

The only thing keeping Eddie from being declared the all time greatest Chief's reciever, is a cetain game clinching touchdown catch in Super Bowl IV.
No he's not the greatest Chief reciever but hopefully he will be.