PDA

View Full Version : We wouldn't mind giving up a game at home

Otis99
10-26-2006, 06:44 AM
According to Carl anyway.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15849623.htm

“We’re going to play through those renovation years, and we thought because of the inconvenience to our fans, they wouldn’t mind giving up a game.”

Dartgod
10-26-2006, 06:53 AM
As long as its pre-season, who cares?

Otis99
10-26-2006, 06:55 AM
As long as its pre-season, who cares?

Nope, regular season:

the club has informed the NFL it would like to be among the first teams to move a regular-season home game to a foreign country.

Dartgod
10-26-2006, 07:00 AM
Huh.

Does Oakland qualify as a foreign country?

Coach
10-26-2006, 07:02 AM
No, but Oakland can go to Iraq to play a game of football against Denver.

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Is there a specific plan out yet for the renovations? Or are they just going to send a bunch of guys in with sledgehammers & paint brushes and see what they come up with?

runnercyclist
10-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Oh, yes we would!

KC Dan
10-26-2006, 07:13 AM
As long as they don't charge us for it, so what. Can't argue this one cause the NFL is hell bent on doing it so the Chiefs will have to go sometime. Might as well be earlier to get the tv recognition game.

Lonewolf Ed
10-26-2006, 07:21 AM
I am very interested to see how the players respond to the time change, and then how they do once they come back home. When I have gone to Europe, it takes about 2 or 3 days to adjust and 3 or 4 days to readjust once I return. I'm wide awake in the middle of the afternoon, and then in an instant, I could fall flat on my face. If that happens to a player during a game, look for some ugly games.

Dartgod
10-26-2006, 07:23 AM
As long as they don't charge us for it, so what. Can't argue this one cause the NFL is hell bent on doing it so the Chiefs will have to go sometime. Might as well be earlier to get the tv recognition game.
Carl will find a way to charge us for it.

Chiefnj
10-26-2006, 07:31 AM
I don't think the Chiefs players would mind. I've heard that the Passion Parties in the Netherlands are great.

Lzen
10-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Is there a specific plan out yet for the renovations? Or are they just going to send a bunch of guys in with sledgehammers & paint brushes and see what they come up with?

That is the specific plan.

Lzen
10-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Doesn't look like the time change/travel wear will affect the team much. According to the article, the team will have a home game before the trip and then a bye week after. It would definitely suck for season ticket holders to not be able to attend one game. But it apply to all teams. I'm just wondering if they will subtract that from the cost of the season tix if you can't go to another country to watch the game.

Fish
10-26-2006, 07:52 AM
I think this is a pretty good indication of how totally out of touch Carl Peterson is with his fans.

Because the renovations are going to inconvenience fans, Peterson said this would be an optimum time to take a home game out of the country.

“We’re going to be under construction at Arrowhead,” he said. “We can’t stop playing because we’ve got over 70,000 season-ticket holders, and I wouldn’t know what to do with them. I can’t send them to Lawrence, Kan., or Columbia, Mo., because their stadiums are not big enough.

“We’re going to play through those renovation years, and we thought because of the inconvenience to our fans, they wouldn’t mind giving up a game.”

Umm... whaaa? Because you're inconveniencing us fans with the renovations that we are paying for, you think we wouldn't mind giving up a game? How is that benefiting us?

How about giving us a free game at Arrowhead because of these renovations? Or even one game with free parking. That would be benificial to the fans who are paying a good portion of these renovations....

Archie F. Swin
10-26-2006, 07:56 AM
We should play in Tynes homeland

hawkchief
10-26-2006, 07:59 AM
I think this is a pretty good indication of how totally out of touch Carl Peterson is with his fans.

Umm... whaaa? Because you're inconveniencing us fans with the renovations that we are paying for, you think we wouldn't mind giving up a game? How is that benefiting us?

How about giving us a free game at Arrowhead because of these renovations? Or even one game with free parking. That would be benificial to the fans who are paying a good portion of these renovations....

I can't recall a GM of an public organization that is such a poor communicator with his customers. By now, we know he is all about the $$$$, yet he continues to rub the fans' noses in it by making ham-handed statements like this one. If he didn't suck so bad at his other duties, this probably wouldn't stand out so much.

BTW, for those thinking there might be a discount of some sort for the overseas game - get a clue!

StcChief
10-26-2006, 08:17 AM
If this NFL in Europe/Mexico/Canada/China games take off....

This could be the beginning of removal of 2 pre-season games 1 home/1 away. and back to two bye weeks with Superbowl being played end of Feb.

Kyle401
10-26-2006, 08:19 AM
I really hate the NFL's attempt to go international. Personally, I think it will result in reduced revenues.

chiefqueen
10-26-2006, 08:37 AM
In the Star article Peterson said he wants us to do this next year. The article also said it would not be a divisional game unless both teams agree. Now, here is the problem I have, next year there will only be one international which could be played in Canada. Two of our non-divisional home games next year are Green Bay and Minn. I do not want to give up a home game to either Green Bay or Minn. and play them in Canada.

BTW, the Titans and Jags also come to Arrowhead in 2007.

Rain Man
10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
I am very interested to see how the players respond to the time change, and then how they do once they come back home. When I have gone to Europe, it takes about 2 or 3 days to adjust and 3 or 4 days to readjust once I return. I'm wide awake in the middle of the afternoon, and then in an instant, I could fall flat on my face. If that happens to a player during a game, look for some ugly games.

Yeah, no kidding. That's a significant factor.

NJ Chief Fan
10-26-2006, 09:18 AM
carl would be a fool to move the faider or donk game out of country

Rain Man
10-26-2006, 09:19 AM
It astounds me that any GM would make a statement like that. It's almost unbelievable.

JonesCrusher
10-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Carl has also offered up Chief's fans first born sons

chiefqueen
10-26-2006, 09:52 AM
carl would be a fool to move the faider or donk game out of country

Divisional games are "off the table" unless both teams agree.

Que Card QB
10-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Invade Kauffman.

ptlyon
10-26-2006, 10:16 AM
First of all, noone has the right to complain except the "real fans"

Secondly, if that is what it takes to get us back on Monday Night Football, so be it.

*Season ticketholders, or anyone else Carl Peterson considers a "real fan".

chasedude
10-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Let's have the game in Antartica. We'll call it the "real" Icebowl!

jynni
10-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Secondly, if that is what it takes to get us back on Monday Night Football, so be it.
There's no point in being on MNF if it's not at Arrowhead!

BigRedChief
10-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Instead of getting 8 "real" games and 2 "exibitions at full price we will get 7 "real" games and 2 "exibitions". They will probably prorate one game off our season tickets.

King Carl is a business man. He knows everyone is going to take their turn at this arrangment. He gets the Chiefs turn in before the renovations are finished and he loses more local revenue. He looks like a good soldier for the NFL by volunteering. Man, that dude is a business shark. He never misses an oppertunity to improve the bottom line.

StcChief
10-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Minn. ViQueens would be good one to give up. NFC N game. Play it in Canada...

The Dude Abides
10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
No, but Oakland can go to Iraq to play a game of football against Denver.
LMAO

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Actually this is not a bad move by Carl and the Chiefs here. Get it done earlier, when Arrowhead is in flux with construction also means they wont be giving up revenue that will be made when all the new bells and whistles are in Arrowhead.

Every team has to do it, so might as well step in line and get it done.

PinkFloyd
10-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Chiefs coach Herm Edwards is good with a game abroad as long as both teams are on the same travel schedule. Seattle coach Mike Holmgren, whose team is playing a 2007 preseason game in China, also was supportive.

“We’re looking forward to China, and I think it’s OK for your players to experience other cultures and other places as long as the league gives you time to recover when you get home,” Holmgren said

The Packers will have plenty of time to recover, cause they will probably die over there when Korea sends a nuke their way during the game !!!

chiefqueen
10-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Minn. ViQueens would be good one to give up. NFC N game. Play it in Canada...

We are giving up a home game and a Canadian crowd is liable to be pro Minn. That's why I don't want to play Minn. (or Green Bay) in Canada. The NFL can send our game with the Titans or Jags up there.

PinkFloyd
10-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Chiefs coach Herm Edwards is good with a game abroad as long as both teams are on the same travel schedule. Seattle coach Mike Holmgren, whose team is playing a 2007 preseason game in China, also was supportive.

“We’re looking forward to China, and I think it’s OK for your players to experience other cultures and other places as long as the league gives you time to recover when you get home,” Holmgren said

The Packers will have plenty of time to recover, cause they will probably die over there when Korea sends a nuke their way during the game !!!

GOOD FRICKING HELL !!!! I still have Holmgren coaching the Packers !!! My Bad... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

milkman
10-26-2006, 10:40 PM
If this NFL in Europe/Mexico/Canada/China games take off....

This could be the beginning of removal of 2 pre-season games 1 home/1 away. and back to two bye weeks with Superbowl being played end of Feb.

I wouldn't mind two bye weeks, and a longer season.

Football season is too damn short.

Halfcan
10-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't want this to sound too negative but....

King Carl is a Dumbf#ck.