PDA

View Full Version : Weir chastises Arrowhead fans for booing

shaneo69
10-26-2006, 09:35 AM
WEIR: The Arrowhead Experience
Oct 26, 2006, 9:09:39 AM by Eileen Weir

I donít go to very many Chiefs games. Spending nearly a decade in the teamís public relations department and coordinating the press box operations, Iíve seen enough live games to get all the atmosphere Iíll ever need. These days Sunday afternoons are happily spent in the comfort of my own living room, close enough to Arrowhead to hear the fireworks and almost whiff the barbeque. If itís raining or snowing I count that as a bonus, removing Sundayís occasional guilt that Iím not doing something more productive with my day.

But going to games is good for the soul, if not for the body. Tuesday I am still gingerly nursing a stiff neck resulting from the tension and chill of Arrowhead on Sunday as the good guys took on the visiting San Diego Chargers. Typically I attend one or two games each year to soak up the ambiance that is exclusive to pro sports. Despite the state-of-the art technology (or maybe because of it) and the high-definition broadcasts that filter out any unwanted noise, television simply canít capture the mood of the crowd or the stress of the competition. There is no substitute for sitting in the stands.

Out of town visitors, of which I had two on Sunday, marvel at the scene played out in the Arrowhead parking lots in the hours before kickoff. Chowing down ribs at ten a.m. suddenly seems like a reasonable activity as does washing it down with a Bud Light. Born a gaming and gambling breed, my visiting sisters in town from California and I placed wagers including ďfirst to spot the most outrageous fan,Ē awarded to me for picking out a young man sans shirt in full body paint in the frigid morning hours, and ďWho can find the most outrageous fan?Ē going to my oldest sister. Loud and obnoxious didnít cut it in our little competition. ďI like the ones who canít shut up,Ē the victorious sister announced. And she found them.

If observing the tailgating rituals of the Kansas City faithful reveals Chiefs fans passionate loyalty, the inside-the-stadium experience reveals their sophisticated knowledge and high expectations. National and local broadcasters frequently praise supporters of the red and gold not only for their fervent fandom but for their smarts about the game, knowing when to bring down the house and when to be quiet. K.C. boosters know the rules and react appropriately to bad officiating but donít complain when the team is tagged for legitimate infractions. Even though I think I possess an average or a little better than average knowledge of football and the Chiefs, sitting in the stands is always an education.

Void the influence of professional commentary fed to viewers and listeners by the play-by-play announcers and color analysts on the airwaves, Arrowhead attendees supply their own breakdown of play calling, performances and strategies. Without constant statistical updates, meticulous fans keep mental tallies of yards gained or simply divine who is winning the stat war from subjective deduction.

For at least a year after I left the press box and was forced to watch games like normal people, I felt crippled without constant access to up-to-the-moment statistics. I could barely follow the game without the aid of quarterly play-by-play sheets and the barrage of statistics pumped out from the press box staff. Finally acclimating to the culture of television viewers who get added information from the network production crew or by turning down the volume and safely relying on the hometown expertise of the Chiefs radio broadcast team, being shoved back into the stands still comes as a shock. I prefer to be comfortably coddled.

Most striking of all is the temperament of the fans once removed from the influence of analysts to tell them whether or not things are going well. Surprising to my game-day companions and me were the glowing critiques given to the team after Sundayís victory. Regarded by all as a critical win and one that would not come easy, the Arrowhead crowd rejoiced as Lawrence Tynesí game winning 53-yarder plopped over the crossbar in the final seconds of regulation, but the after-party aura was far more one of exhaustion than ecstasy. None of my fellow ticket holders in the exiting crowd talked about a single stand-out performance or a great call. The entirety of Arrowhead acted like they had just walked away from a car accident. Grateful but frazzled.

If I had to choose a word to describe Sundayís Arrowhead crowd it would be cranky. Suffering the first really cool day on the home schedule, the chilliness gave most in the already cynical ranks an added reason to be irritated, many entering the game with expectations of a loss against the surging San Diego Chargers. A fast start, jumping to a two-touchdown lead in the opening quarter, alleviated a measure of animosity but boos raining down as the team left the field at half-time indicated the frustration exhibited by fans throughout the day.

Booing your own team is tacky. If you are a fan of the team, you want them to win. By purchasing a ticket to sit out in the freezing-a*s cold, standing on a frozen slab of concrete all day, you better be doing all you can to encourage a win. Thatís not accomplished by booing. Booing doesnít motivate players or send a message; cheering wildly does.

But the Arrowhead crowd was in a booing mood. The guy next to me booed the cheerleaders. Seriously. After a choreographed dance number, the P.A. announcer acknowledged the cheerleading director, Elaine Hart of Hartbeat Productions, to which my row-mate screamed, ďElaine Hart, you sÖ!Ē He also booed Section 133 for losing the dance contest to Section 110. So donít feel too bad, Coach Edwards.

At-home viewers enjoy the opportunity to relax between plays that in-house fans are denied. The pressure inside the stadium is constant and with no laundry to fold during commercial breaks, every movement and gesture on the field adopts significance and scrutiny. Never feeling comfortable with the lead, and dreading the looming consequences of a missed field goal and a missed PAT, the Sunday assembly was an edgy group. Savvy supporters of the Chiefs follow trends. They know giving up 3rd down and 20 isnít good, missed kicks kill you in tight division games, and a bad day on kick returns, resulting in poor field position, can mean the difference between victory and defeat.

The tension was unbearable. As my friend said, ďIt was a good, bad, good, bad, great game.Ē Indeed, it ended up being a great game. But my neck still hurts.

The opinions offered in this column do not necessarily reflect those of Carl Peterson.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/10/26/weir_the_arrowhead_experience/

Phobia
10-26-2006, 09:39 AM
But the Arrowhead crowd was in a booing mood. The guy next to me booed the cheerleaders. Seriously. After a choreographed dance number, the P.A. announcer acknowledged the cheerleading director, Elaine Hart of Hartbeat Productions, to which my row-mate screamed, ďElaine Hart, you sÖ!Ē He also booed Section 133 for losing the dance contest to Section 110. So donít feel too bad, Coach Edwards.

Oh dude - wow. I think I know that guy. She forgot to mention booing the stupid hick who didn't know whole chickens were $.49 a lbs at Price Chopper. How can you not know that?

Brock
10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Do you seriously read this shit?

Rain Man
10-26-2006, 09:41 AM
The people in the stands in Kuala Lumpur won't boo.

The Bad Guy
10-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I hope Elizabeth Weir gets hit by a bus.

Is that tacky?

Phobia
10-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I started to trash it without reading and then the bolded caught my eye. The guy she's talking about in the para below was me so I had to respond. Elaine Hart does suck. I say it every time. It also sucked that that 110 won. Section 133 was twice as good.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Not sure why she was in the crowd in the first place - she's obviously the type who can't handle being in a football crowd

BigRedChief
10-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Hey I was never for booing your team but I don't think the crowd was booing the team but the conservative decision to not even try to score with a mintue left and 3 time outs.

I booed.

ptlyon
10-26-2006, 09:51 AM
I was too busy mounting my sherpa and decending down Mt. Arrowhead to boo during that last "drive" of the second half.

Besides, how does she know Mrs. Hart isn't a s...?

ptlyon
10-26-2006, 09:53 AM
I started to trash it without reading and then the bolded caught my eye. The guy she's talking about in the para below was me so I had to respond. Elaine Hart does suck. I say it every time. It also sucked that that 110 won. Section 133 was twice as good.

You Rule.

And sorry for my misinterpretation, I thought you said she was a sl.t.

King_Chief_Fan
10-26-2006, 09:55 AM

I donít go to very many Chiefs games. / (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/10/26/weir_the_arrowhead_experience/)

THen STFU

Phobia
10-26-2006, 09:58 AM
You Rule.

And sorry for my misinterpretation, I thought you said she was a sl.t.

Heh. No, she sucks. I can't believe I finally get mentioned in some kcchiefs.com commentary and it's because I said Elaine Hart sucks. She's doing a terrible job.

shaneo69
10-26-2006, 10:02 AM
I used to like to boo Warfield and Bartee when they were announced in pre-game introductions. But then the puzzies got together and decided to copy New England and be introduced as a group to prove that they were a close-knit team (and to avoid being booed individually). I think it was shortly after this that Hicks and Sims got into the locker room brawl after the Minnesota game.

ptlyon
10-26-2006, 10:04 AM
I think it was shortly after this that Hicks and Sims got into the locker room brawl after the Minnesota game.

I think I was in that.

No, wait, that was at Chili's.

Frazod
10-26-2006, 10:05 AM
This Weir idiot didn't pay for my ticket. I did.

I'll boo if I want to. That's my right. If they suck, they deserve it.

As far as I can remember, though, the only time I booed was during halftime, when they inducted Bronco Neil into the Ring of Fame.

Phobia
10-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I didn't really boo, I just heckle. I heckle everything. I should be removed from Arrowhead because I heckle and fart.

shaneo69
10-26-2006, 10:16 AM
As far as I can remember, though, the only time I booed was during halftime, when they inducted Bronco Neil into the Ring of Fame.

What was the response like when he got introduced? I'm with you, I didn't want that fuggin Bronco in our Ring of Fame.

Frazod
10-26-2006, 10:19 AM
What was the response like when he got introduced? I'm with you, I didn't want that fuggin Bronco in our Ring of Fame.

As far as I could tell up in the nosebleed section, he was mostly cheered.

And it made me want to vomit. :Lin:

KC Dan
10-26-2006, 10:20 AM
As far as I could tell up in the nosebleed section, he was mostly cheered.

And it made me want to vomit. :Lin:
I am suprised that the Chiefs didn't have you introduce him!ROFL

donkhater
10-26-2006, 10:24 AM
The booing was justified IMO.

You play to WIN the game. Right?

If it wasn't appropriate to sit on the ball at the end of the game with only 30+ seconds left and worse field position then why at halftime?

It's chicken-sh!t football. It's Martyball. You send a message to your team that you don't trust them to execute, Herm. The players know it and the fans know it. THAT'S why they booed.

Coach
10-26-2006, 10:26 AM
This Weir idiot didn't pay for my ticket. I did.

I'll boo if I want to. That's my right. If they suck, they deserve it.

I agree. I'll bo if I want to as well. The fans has every right to boo to show their displeasure.

I'm guessing this Weir moron didn't thought of that booing is better than throwing trash/bottles/objects on the field.

ptlyon
10-26-2006, 10:29 AM

Er, no. You play not to lose. This is very well documented.

Exactly why they kicked a field goal with 9 seconds left at the end of the first half against your much hated donx.

Mr. donkhater, meet Mr. Edwards. Get to know him. Grow to love him. Because that's all we got.

chasedude
10-26-2006, 10:35 AM
What has this country come to? Now it's not Politically Correct to boo?! I believe in freewill, the will to complain when it is due!

ptlyon
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
What has this country come to? Now it's not Politically Correct to boo?! I believe in freewill, the will to complain when it is due!

And you do it well, I must say.

underEJ
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM

This is something I just don't get. Do you hate just the ex-chiefs who become Broncos, or anyone who finds another job in the NFL?

I will always love my memories of 58 and 90 pass rushing together.

Saulbadguy
10-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Get Brett Wier on the phone!

Mr. Laz
10-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Spending nearly a decade in the teamís public relations department

Booing your own team is tacky. If you are a fan of the team, you want them to win.

..... you better be doing all you can to encourage a win. Thatís not accomplished by booing.

translation - carl says "real fans don't boo"

Iowanian
10-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Eileen,

at your next tupperware party, see if you can by the family size New and improved Shut the hell up.

I noted and commented on the booing at halftime....I thought it was the wise thing to go in with the lead, getting the ball back.

That said, I don't need some broad who can't follow the game without a play by play, telling Chiefs fans how to cheer.....maybe Eggo or Arizona fans...but not Chiefs fans.

I think if the Chiefs keep raising prices....I'm going to start Booing the Parking Toll money collector, the Parking Nazis, the beer guy for saying "$7' with a straight face.

FAX
10-26-2006, 10:46 AM

I think if the Chiefs keep raising prices....I'm going to start Booing the Parking Toll money collector, the Parking Nazis, the beer guy for saying "$7' with a straight face.

ROFL

FAX

Frazod
10-26-2006, 10:47 AM
This is something I just don't get. Do you hate just the ex-chiefs who become Broncos, or anyone who finds another job in the NFL?

I will always love my memories of 58 and 90 pass rushing together.

Apparently you were in a coma during January of 1998.

wazu
10-26-2006, 10:50 AM
When they stop sucking, I'll stop booing.

chasedude
10-26-2006, 10:50 AM
And you do it well, I must say.

Thank You, I try my best.

underEJ
10-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Apparently you were in a coma during January of 1998.

Whatever, I just don't see the point of calling somebody a traitor like so many do.

Demonpenz
10-26-2006, 10:55 AM
instead of booing we could throw rocks

jidar
10-26-2006, 10:58 AM
**** THAT SHIT. THE CROWD WAS BOOING THE BULLSHIT DECISION TO SIT ON OUR ASSES INTO THE HALF INSTEAD OF GOING FOR ANOTHER SCORE. I BOOED FROM MY ****ING LIVING ROOM!#!!!

Frazod
10-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Whatever, I just don't see the point of calling somebody a traitor like so many do.

Cool. Let's give Benedict Arnold a pass on that whole West Point thing, since he was such a stand-up guy at Saratoga.

underEJ
10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Cool. Let's give Benedict Arnold a pass on that whole West Point thing, since he was such a stand-up guy at Saratoga.

That's relevant to a football game.

Iowanian
**** THAT SHIT. THE CROWD WAS BOOING THE BULLSHIT DECISION TO SIT ON OUR ASSES INTO THE HALF INSTEAD OF GOING FOR ANOTHER SCORE. I BOOED FROM MY ****ING LIVING ROOM!#!!!

You'd sure as hell not have been cheering if, with 1 minute left, after the defense had just held, Huard threw an INT and sandy Eggo scored to go into the half. The Chiefs were getting the ball back in the 2nd half, had a 2TD lead....it was the right move with 1 min left.

Fraz.....remind the noob what Neil Smith did in Jan 1998.

FAX
I'm unclear on the Donk Smith issue. Was Neil traded or did he go the goats via FA, Mr. frazod?

For some reason, I thought he moved on before the FA era.

FAX

RedandGold
10-26-2006, 11:04 AM
It's good to know that I'm not alone in thinking that Elaine Hart sucks. Our cheerleaders are a friggin' embarrassment, and if that isn't Elaine's fault, I don't know whose it is.

I also agree that Section 133 kicked Section 110's ass. There were quite a few of us in 331 that booed that decision.

...and yes, I'm only posting this because I need to have something come out of the time I wasted reading this crap article.

NewChief
10-26-2006, 11:05 AM
I think the weirdest thing about this article, to me, is that kcchiefs.com has some chick writing articles for them who admits that she only goes to a couple of games a year. WTF?

Lzen
10-26-2006, 11:07 AM

If it wasn't appropriate to sit on the ball at the end of the game with only 30+ seconds left and worse field position then why at halftime?

It's chicken-sh!t football. It's Martyball. You send a message to your team that you don't trust them to execute, Herm. The players know it and the fans know it. THAT'S why they booed.

Although I didn't boo, I agree with your sentiments.

Frazod
10-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm unclear on the Donk Smith issue. Was Neil traded or did he go the goats via FA, Mr. frazod?

For some reason, I thought he moved on before the FA era.

FAX
He wanted an outrageous salary increase, which was denied. He then signed with Denver for less than we offered him.

Some of Smith's greatest hits:
Publicly agreeing with Elway that he was now "one of the good guys."

Using the Brett homerun swing after a sack against us at Arrowhead, a clear major dis of the fans.

Participated in the Bronco team that actively and deliberated cheated in a game that caused our best shot at a championship to go up in flames.

And that goes well beyond what anybody else who left the team for other rivals ever did. At least Gannon kept his mouth shut.

Smith gleefully turned on us (and his friend DT) and relished in screwing us over. Now he crawls back later and is accepted with open arms. Well f#ck him. He'll never get a pass from me.

Frazod
10-26-2006, 11:10 AM
That's relevant to a football game.

The point is, if the last thing a guy does to you is really, really bad, it tends to negate the earlier good stuff.

Cochise
10-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm one of the very last people to boo any of my teams, but I'm way more likely to boo a coaching decision than a player or the team as a whole.

If the other team is driving and gets a big play, then a few people start booing, then everybody starts booing, when the booing is over the place is silent. It doesn't have the effect of helping, I think it makes things worse. It kills whatever edge the crowd was giving.

The closer they get to the goal line, the louder you are supposed to be.

You can sit down and mope when the posession is over.

FAX
10-26-2006, 11:13 AM
He wanted an outrageous salary increase, which was denied. He then signed with Denver for less than we offered him.

Using the Brett homerun swing after a sack against us at Arrowhead, a clear major dis of the fans.

Participated in the Bronco team that actively and deliberated cheated in a game that caused our best shot at a championship to go up in flames.

And that goes well beyond what anybody else who left the team for other rivals ever did. At least Gannon kept his mouth shut.

Smith gleefully turned on us (and his friend DT) and relished in screwing us over. Now he crawls back later and is accepted with open arms. Well f#ck him. He'll never get a pass from me.

A compelling case. I was unfamiliar with the details. But, now that you have explained it, I'm with you on this, Mr. frazod.

Boo, Donkey Smith. Boo and double Boo with an itchy hemmeroid on top.

FAX

scott free
10-26-2006, 11:14 AM
I think i read 2 or 3 of her articles a few years ago and decided it was a waste of time. There's a reason she's at the bottom of the list on the CHIEFS website columnist page.

Lzen
10-26-2006, 11:14 AM

Wow, I didn't realize the salary demands. Signing for less with Denver. That's like Donnie Edwards wanting $6 mil and then settling for about the same ($3mil) as what we originally offered. Pricks.

underEJ
10-26-2006, 11:20 AM

Clearly you know him better than I do, I can't speak to his glee factor. Nor do I know the details of his incentive laden contract that he got after Elway restructured his contract. I recall the argument against signing him being something like DT doesn't need him, so don't pay him, that sort of thing.

Do KC fans own George Brett appreciation? That's silly.

PR is PR, everyone who switches teams makes nice for the new fans.

Gannon did not keep his mouth shut. I lived in Oakland then. He got pretty vocal when his ego got bigger.

Guess I'm alone in not carrying a grudge.

Count Zarth
10-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Arrowhead fans chastise Weir for being a bitch.

Mr. Laz
10-26-2006, 11:43 AM

pretty much what i remember

i will ALWAYS remember him coming back to mock us at arrowhead with the bat swing as stinky ass donk. :cuss:

i don't hate him ..... but i don't like him much anymore either.

jidar
10-26-2006, 11:47 AM
You'd sure as hell not have been cheering if, with 1 minute left, after the defense had just held, Huard threw an INT and sandy Eggo scored to go into the half. The Chiefs were getting the ball back in the 2nd half, had a 2TD lead....it was the right move with 1 min left.

Fraz.....remind the noob what Neil Smith did in Jan 1998.

That's only good reasoning if it's more likely to have a turnover than to get a touchdown on any given series. With this offense I don't believe that's the case.
It becomes even dumber when you factor in that running the ball is no guarantee of not having a turnover either.

Bwana
10-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Good Gawd, another "You can't be a TRUE FAN if" article. :shake:

Eileen Weir should never touch another key board again. She understands about as much about football as I do about interior decorating. Now go fetch Bwana a cold beer and stfu.

scott free
10-26-2006, 11:54 AM
"3 things can happen when you put the ball in the air...and 2 of them arent good". I thought that saying applied at the end of the half, i was more pissed at the O calls on the first 2 possessions of the 2nd half. I felt pretty good with a 2 touch lead on Marty going to the locker room.

TinyEvel
10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
"He also booed Section 133 for losing the dance contest to Section 110."

That was TOTALLY justified. Did you see friggin' section 133? They completely froze. I couldn't believe it. Most of them were looking around for themeselves on the big screen, and one white dude in back was doing the robot. THE FRIGGIN' ROBOT? Give me a break. Half them were lining up to do the macarena, while the big dude in the parka on the side was yelling at them to start freaking. THen they jsut started yelling at each other.
Just a total collapse of communication. I hope secton 133 gets their sh*t together before the Seahags get here.

Calcountry
10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Heh. No, she sucks. I can't believe I finally get mentioned in some kcchiefs.com commentary and it's because I said Elaine Hart sucks. She's doing a terrible job.Yep, anyone who can't pick out babes that can dance sucks.

BigRedChief
10-26-2006, 12:28 PM
I have in the past booed the little pop warner kids in the punt /pass/kick competition if they were wearing a Raiders or Broncos jersey. Maybe not as bad as Philly fans throwing snowballs at Santa Claus but you don't come to Arrowhead wearing the rivals jersey and expect polite applause at least not from me.:harumph:

The Dude Abides
10-26-2006, 12:35 PM
I hope Elizabeth Weir gets hit by a bus.

Is that tacky?
Dude, thats the chick from Stargate Atlantis. Haha. Anyway, I agreed with the booing thind at halftime, that it was tacky and they should be cheered for the lead they had built. First time dissappointed with Arrowhead crowd.

Inspector
10-26-2006, 01:45 PM

I'm never eating at Copelands again!

stevieray
10-26-2006, 04:02 PM
If you don't boo ...how can you cheer?

how can you have any cheer if you don't have your boo?

deal with it.

PinkFloyd
10-26-2006, 04:23 PM

Excellent answer !!!!!!!! :clap: Herm didn't trust Huard to throw the ball down the field in a hurry... In that amount of time -- with 3 time outs -- they could have at least had a shot at a field goal !!!

Wasn't it the movie Friday Night Lights where during halftime the players told the coach to f@ck off ??!!

htismaqe
10-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Excellent answer !!!!!!!! :clap: Herm didn't trust Huard to throw the ball down the field in a hurry... In that amount of time -- with 3 time outs -- they could have at least had a shot at a field goal !!!

Wasn't it the movie Friday Night Lights where during halftime the players told the coach to f@ck off ??!!

They ran a draw play on 1st down, EXACTLY like Saunders used to do.

At that point, with 52 seconds left, the QB who's been in the league for TEN YEARS should know that you don't HUDDLE UP.

Halfcan
10-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Her first line says I don't go to many Chiefs games-really? No Shit.

We wasted a chance to score-of course we are going to boo the stupidity of the situation.

htismaqe
10-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Her first line says I don't go to many Chiefs games-really? No Shit.

We wasted a chance to score-of course we are going to boo the stupidity of the situation.

Instead of cheering the fact we were up 14 on a team that many expected would cause our team to wilt and buckle...

dtebbe
10-26-2006, 05:32 PM

I donít go to very many Chiefs games.

blah

blah

blah

But the Arrowhead crowd was in a booing mood. The guy next to me booed the cheerleaders. Seriously. After a choreographed dance number, the P.A. announcer acknowledged the cheerleading director, Elaine Hart of Hartbeat Productions, to which my row-mate screamed, ďElaine Hart, you sÖ!Ē

The Chiefs have some of the worst cheerleaders, and hands down the worst music in the NFL. I think Eileen needs to go to a few more games. And at halftime it looked a aweful lot to me like they may have been booing Merriman for the cheap shot he took on that running play....

Elaine Hart SUCKS ASS!

Go Chiefs!

DT

dtebbe
10-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Instead of cheering the fact we were up 14 on a team that many expected would cause our team to wilt and buckle...

No, mostly because (being Chiefs fans) we know that we will somehow piss that lead away in the 2nd half and we need every point we can score. Sort of like a dog with it's ribs showing being thrown some table scraps.... that's how our offense needs to be called.

DT

Phobia
10-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Elaine Hart SUCKS ASS!

Go Chiefs!

DT

Well, I feel comfortable having shared your opinion from your seat. Heh.

Halfcan
10-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Weir sucks-she gives her resume with every article to try and put herself above the fans. I am sure nobody will ever boo again at a Chiefs game once this POS article gets around. ROFL

Wow, King Car has Weir and Rufus both spinning the shit over Herms inability to manage a game.

E@SHSU
10-26-2006, 05:39 PM
She's a PR writer. I'm one too, at least I will be in May; but she needs to realize that PR people don't write features. PR professionals pitch stories, and there is a difference. She's an idiot and now I realize why she shouldn't work in PR anymore. (I can't tell if she still does) And besides the point that she's an embarrasment to the profession, she sounds like a lousy fan of the Chiefs. If she doesn't want her job anymore, I'll take it; and go to every game without the bitching.

NUMBER7
10-26-2006, 05:58 PM
What an airhead. The first game of the season was cool with rain. At least try to get your facts straight before you write some dribble. Oh that's right you were home on your couch.

ChiefFan31
10-26-2006, 08:04 PM
That article sucked.

I'm glad the fans booed. If I was there, I would have done the same thing. We flat out left a scoring opportunity on the field. I said it in another thread. If we had the ball at our own 18 or 20 then yes, sit on the lead. Do the ol Jesus call and have LJ get a stat padding draw play up the middle and let the clock run out.

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-26-2006, 08:34 PM

I will always love my memories of 58 and 90 pass rushing together.:clap:Agreed - notwithstanding Frazod's reference to 1998 - Smith was a great player for the Chiefs and nothing can take that away.

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-26-2006, 08:45 PM
The Chiefs have some of the worst cheerleaders, and hands down the worst music in the NFL. I think Eileen needs to go to a few more games. And at halftime it looked a aweful lot to me like they may have been booing Merriman for the cheap shot he took on that running play....

Elaine Hart SUCKS ASS!

Go Chiefs!

DT

And some of the ugliest!