PDA

View Full Version : My Official "We're Engaged" Thread!

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Short version:

During the first quarter of the Chiefs vs Chargers game, David brought KC Wolf down to my seat. KC Wolf gave me an autographed picture and a hug and a kiss, then David dropped to a knee and proposed.

Um... to me, not to KC Wolf. ;)

Longer version:

We've been planning our wedding for almost a year now, but David wanted the proposal to be memorable. So we started making all the wedding and honeymoon arrangements, and eventually the right moment arrived: a Chiefs home game on my birthday.

When the game started, David was able to sit next to me for a little while. Then some people came in late, so he went up to the concourse to watch on the televisions. Every once in a while, he would come back down and say hi for a minute, then go back upstairs again.

Near the end of the first quarter, David came down again, this time followed by KC Wolf. They were both motioning for me to come out to the aisle. I knew this was it.

KC Wolf gave me an autographed picture, then a hug and a kiss (seriously--he was close enough that I heard the "smooching" sound through the costume). Then David said, "Wait, that's not all."

I turned back just in time to see him pull the ring from his pocket and drop to a knee. Then I heard lots and lots of cheering. This entire scene was being shown on the jumbotron. Then David said those words that every woman waits her whole life to hear:

"Well, here it is, my dear."

I waited. I was all ready to say "Yes," but he hadn't asked me a question yet! He didn't say anything else, just kept kneeling there smiling up at me with the ring in his hand. Now I was the one who was nervous! I started to panic.

My hands shook as I took the ring and put it on my finger. Still, he remained silent. And even without seeing the camera, I knew we were on the jumbotron for nearly 80,000 people to see. (Well, at least the ones who weren't still passed out in St. Joe or too busy booing everything to notice the jumbotron... ;) )

So I made a decision.

This was MY proposal, and I was only going to do this once in my life. And by golly, I was going to say "yes" even if he hadn't asked me anything. ;)

So I nodded and then said "yes," and David got up and hugged me. KC Wolf hugged us both. I kissed David, and everybody cheered again. :D

http://www.tammiestreasures.com/images/dwolf-sml.jpg

Later...

As everyone else filed out of the stadium, I told David that I needed to sit down for a minute. I told him I had a confession to make, then I pulled a small sign out of my bag (a sign that I had made in July). He couldn't believe that he went to all that trouble sneaking around and I was onto him for that long. To his credit, I didn't know that KC Wolf was going to be a part of it, but I had a pretty good idea about the rest. I had brought a couple of markers to finish the sign by adding the final score.

David just laughed and shook his head.

http://www.tammiestreasures.com/images/dwolf-sign.jpg

The ring:

http://www.tammiestreasures.com/images/ering.jpg

Phobia
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Put out a bowl of antifreeze for him.

luv
10-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Now THIS is how you propose, boys! I don't think I could think of anything better.

CONGRATS!

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Put out a bowl of antifreeze for him.

BOOOOOOOOO!

;)

ptlyon
10-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Ain't love grand?

Congrats JL

Bwana
10-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Very Cool Tam, congrats from your friends in Montana. :thumb:

Phobia
Has he clarified why he was down on a knee yet?

PastorMikH
Wow! Congrats Tammie!!!!

BTW, if he can swing a halftime ceremony on the 50 yard line, I am sure I can free up my schedule.;):D j/k

PastorMikH
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM

Maybe he just dropped some change and she just assumed....

:)

Cochise
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Congrats!

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 12:07 PM

He let me keep wearing the ring, so I think he really was intending to propose.

:D

PastorMikH
Say, if David asked you to marry him, why are you standing next to Phil with the sign???

Phobia
Hey, I lost a contact once and my wife planned a wedding. These things happen. Best contact I ever lost.

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Say, if David asked you to marry him, why are you standing next to Phil with the sign???

LMAO When Chagrin met David this past weekend, one of the first things he told David was that he looked like Phil.

I've been having second thoughts about this whole thing ever since.

;)

gblowfish
10-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I think I saw that on the big screen at Arrowhead. Congrats, nice to know someone on the CP found true love!

See all you lonely mouth breathers, there may be hope for you too someday!

tk13
10-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Congratulations! That is awesome.

Dartgod
10-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Congrat's you guys.

Tammy, I didn't know that you and Sophie shared a birthday.

Fat Elvis
10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I had a friend who once was headed to 7th Heaven in KC to buy a bong; his mom asked what he was doing and he said he was going to KC to look for an engagement ring for his girlfriend (who he had no intention on marrying) so his mom decides to tag along. Long story short, the bong was put on hold while he ponied up a couple grand (1980s $$$) for a ring he didn't want to give away.

Brock
10-26-2006, 12:17 PM
I thought that was you, congrats!

alanm
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
I think I'm gonna cry. :deevee:

Seriously congrats! :thumb: :thumb:

BigRedChief
10-26-2006, 12:23 PM
I thought that was you, congrats!

I thought so too but I just caught the end of the video and wasn't for sure.

Congrats!

Mr. Kotter
10-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Congrats, again. Best wishes for a great future together.

:toast:

Phobia
10-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Congrats, again. Best wishes for a great future together.

This is what I've been meaing to say the entire thread. I'm very happy for you two.

Fruit Ninja
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Gratz, hope you 2 have a woderful life together

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
This is what I've been meaing to say the entire thread. I'm very happy for you two.

I figured that out. I've known you long enough now that I was able to translate the previous posts. ;)

Cochise
10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Wait, this also means that Jazzzzzz said at LEAST one word on Sunday. :p

shakesthecat
10-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Congrats to you both! :toast:

keg in kc
10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
About time. Sheesh.

Fish
10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Geez Jazzz.... what a story... givin me goosebumps and all.... that's pretty cool.

Big congrats!

Rain Man
10-26-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm confused. Is David mooooo?

Edit: No. Wait. That was luv, wasn't it?

But I guess David could still be mooooo. That would be bad.

Congratulations, jazzzzz. Assuming that you aren't marrying mooooo, of course.

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Wait, this also means that Jazzzzzz said at LEAST one word on Sunday. :p

Yeah, I went all out and said an entire word that day. I figured it might be my last chance to go a little wild.

I'm just lucky that I have this laptop computer so that I can still post on the Planet while I'm making David some pie.

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 12:56 PM

I like you.

Don't make me ban you.

ROYC75
10-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Happy Birthday !
Congrats on the wedding announcement !
Good Luck !

I think that covers it, did I leave anything out ?

Saulbadguy
10-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Congrats. I saw you two on the jumbotron when he did it..didn't want to say anything though to steal your thunder. :)

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Congrats. I saw you two on the jumbotron when he did it..didn't want to say anything though to steal your thunder. :)

Thanks. It took a little while, because I was waiting to get the pictures to post.

BTW, I remember that you got engaged--are you two married yet?

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 01:00 PM

Edit: No. Wait. That was luv, wasn't it?

But I guess David could still be mooooo. That would be bad.

Congratulations, jazzzzz. Assuming that you aren't marrying mooooo, of course.

Just to clarify, David occasionally posts here as Darkwolfe. NOT mooooo.

Saulbadguy
10-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks. It took a little while, because I was waiting to get the pictures to post.

BTW, I remember that you got engaged--are you two married yet?
Yep. 5 months now.

siberian khatru
10-26-2006, 01:02 PM
So you got knocked up, huh?

;)

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:04 PM
They don't do that yet, Siberian. Jeesh.

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 01:05 PM
So you got knocked up, huh?

I sure hope not. I don't think I got close enough to Mr. Kotter for that, but he did shake my hand once this past weekend, so you never know.

;)

siberian khatru
10-26-2006, 01:08 PM
They don't do that yet, Siberian. Jeesh.

Heh. My first thought was to lament the loss of her virginity, but I thought I'd play it classy instead.

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Heh. My first thought was to lament the loss of her virginity, but I thought I'd play it classy instead.

Yeah. I remember how this used to be a pretty classy joint - until Phobia left.

Monty
10-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Congrats Tammie! Either I had too many beers or I wasn't listening closely enough to Phil when he introduced you as I don't remember him saying that you had just got engaged. Just for the record, I'm going with the "too many beers" argument. ;)

BTW, it was nice to meet you both and I wish you the best! :toast:

Monty
10-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah. I remember how this used to be a pretty classy joint - until Phobia left.

*cough....cough* ;)

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Congrats Tammie! Either I had too many beers or I wasn't listening closely enough to Phil when he introduced you as I don't remember him saying that you had just got engaged. Just for the record, I'm going with the "too many beers" argument. ;)

BTW, it was nice to meet you both and I wish you the best! :toast:

I think my exact words were, "This is Tammie and David - I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF X-FACTOR IN THE COMMAND CENTER YOU HOMOSEXUAL!!!!"

Lzen
10-26-2006, 01:28 PM
I think I was looking down on the field at the players between plays when that was up on the Jumbotron. My wife said "hey, isn't that...". I looked up and sure enough it was you 2. Great job, darkwolfe. And congrats again to the both of you.

Radar Chief
10-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Good for you JazzLovr. Finally roped yourself a sucker, huh? ;)
J/K. Congrats. :toast:

Valiant
10-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Short version:

During the first quarter of the Chiefs vs Chargers game, David brought KC Wolf down to my seat. KC Wolf gave me an autographed picture and a hug and a kiss, then David dropped to a knee and proposed.

Um... to me, not to KC Wolf. ;)

Longer version:

We've been planning our wedding for almost a year now, but David wanted the proposal to be memorable. So we started making all the wedding and honeymoon arrangements, and eventually the right moment arrived: a Chiefs home game on my birthday.

When the game started, David was able to sit next to me for a little while. Then some people came in late, so he went up to the concourse to watch on the televisions. Every once in a while, he would come back down and say hi for a minute, then go back upstairs again.

Near the end of the first quarter, David came down again, this time followed by KC Wolf. They were both motioning for me to come out to the aisle. I knew this was it.

KC Wolf gave me an autographed picture, then a hug and a kiss (seriously--he was close enough that I heard the "smooching" sound through the costume). Then David said, "Wait, that's not all."

I turned back just in time to see him pull the ring from his pocket and drop to a knee. Then I heard lots and lots of cheering. This entire scene was being shown on the jumbotron. Then David said those words that every woman waits her whole life to hear:

"Well, here it is, my dear."

I waited. I was all ready to say "Yes," but he hadn't asked me a question yet! He didn't say anything else, just kept kneeling there smiling up at me with the ring in his hand. Now I was the one who was nervous! I started to panic.

My hands shook as I took the ring and put it on my finger. Still, he remained silent. And even without seeing the camera, I knew we were on the jumbotron for nearly 80,000 people to see. (Well, at least the ones who weren't still passed out in St. Joe or too busy booing everything to notice the jumbotron... ;) )

So I made a decision.

This was MY proposal, and I was only going to do this once in my life. And by golly, I was going to say "yes" even if he hadn't asked me anything. ;)

So I nodded and then said "yes," and David got up and hugged me. KC Wolf hugged us both. I kissed David, and everybody cheered again. :D

http://www.tammiestreasures.com/images/dwolf-sml.jpg

Later...

As everyone else filed out of the stadium, I told David that I needed to sit down for a minute. I told him I had a confession to make, then I pulled a small sign out of my bag (a sign that I had made in July). He couldn't believe that he went to all that trouble sneaking around and I was onto him for that long. To his credit, I didn't know that KC Wolf was going to be a part of it, but I had a pretty good idea about the rest. I had brought a couple of markers to finish the sign by adding the final score.

David just laughed and shook his head.

http://www.tammiestreasures.com/images/dwolf-sign.jpg

The ring:

http://www.tammiestreasures.com/images/ering.jpg

That guy looks like Phil... :hmmm:

Phobia
10-26-2006, 01:54 PM

My sister-in-law once did the same thing. She went out and found a dude who looked exactly like me and married him. It didn't work out for them because it turned out .... he wasn't me. The simple truth is there's just not enough of me to go around. Finding a dude who is lucky enough to resemble me just isn't enough.

morphius
10-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Congrats Jazzz!

Of course I had already figured you were engaged. I think my wife only remembers that I shocked her, she didn't believe me that she yelled at her Mom and the Minnister at the Church and hasn't a clue what I said to her. But I guarntee there was a question involved.

morphius
10-26-2006, 02:07 PM
If he actually posted I would have to rename him to something like darkphil, but then Jazz would ban me.

Monty
10-26-2006, 02:16 PM
I think my exact words were, "This is Tammie and David - I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF X-FACTOR IN THE COMMAND CENTER YOU HOMOSEXUAL!!!!"

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Yeah, that was it!! Thank you sir for refreshing my memory! :clap:

siberian khatru
10-26-2006, 02:17 PM
The simple truth is there's just not enough of me to go around.

Judging by the pictures, there's plenty of you.

Radar Chief
10-26-2006, 02:20 PM

I was gonna post that it actually depends on how hes sliced, but were on the same track. ;)

Bob Dole
10-26-2006, 02:26 PM

Unfortunately, it's mostly vacant melon.

And does this thread mean that the invitation Bob Dole has is a counterfeit? How do you pass out invitations before there's even a proposal?

This is almost as confusing as that whole "get married" thing itself.

JazzzLovr
10-26-2006, 02:30 PM
And does this thread mean that the invitation Bob Dole has is a counterfeit? How do you pass out invitations before there's even a proposal?

Does it matter? You'll just drink too much the night before and decide not to go anyway.

;)

Dartgod
10-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Does it matter? You'll just drink too much the night before and decide not to go anyway.

;)
That was waaaaaay too easy.

Phobia
10-26-2006, 02:48 PM

I'd lose weight but I can't afford smaller clothes.

siberian khatru
10-26-2006, 03:05 PM
I'd lose weight but I can't afford smaller clothes.

I see ENDelt STILL hasn't paid you for the deck.

Logical
10-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Congratulations Tammie, at least you found a man who knows how to get you to speak out.;)

Logical
10-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I went all out and said an entire word that day. I figured it might be my last chance to go a little wild.

I'm just lucky that I have this laptop computer so that I can still post on the Planet while I'm making David some pie.

:DROFL

Mr. Laz
10-26-2006, 03:49 PM
:clap:

ExtremeChief
10-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Congrats to both of yous

Mosbonian
10-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Congrats Tammy!!!

Good luck to you both.....

mmaddog

Nzoner
10-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Congrats you two,I remember seeing you on the jumbotron,it was shortly before I left the game. :banghead:

ENDelt260
10-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Does this mean my thread... months and months ago... wasn't official? Dang.

Congratulations.

KS Smitty
10-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Congrats to you both!

I too saw you on the Jumbotron, if I'd only had a camera I would have gotten you and ChiefsPlanet welcome.

ENDelt260
10-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Congrats to you both!

I too saw you on the Jumbotron, if I'd only had a camera I would have gotten you and ChiefsPlanet welcome.
Did Kip throw your camera in the bonfire?

Darkwolfe
10-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Trust me on this.. I don't mooo...

All funnies aside, thanks for the well-wishes people. I still don't know why (or how) she puts up with me so well, but I sure as heck ain't gonna complain!

chagrin
10-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Jazz, good job sneaking around to trump HIS sneaking around - I tofund you two, to be an exzcellent match, as a couple. I was happy to get to know you a little bit - but moreso I am happy that you both are in love and have decided to get married. 2 good people getting together, ahh yes - Hope I get an invite to the wedding :)

Iowanian
10-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Congratulations.

I knew you'd not hold out much longer.....once III was off the market.

JazzzLovr
10-27-2006, 06:40 AM
Congratulations.

I knew you'd not hold out much longer.....once III was off the market.

Thanks.

Yeah, first III and now Rausch--there just weren't many eligible bachelors left around here anymore! ;)

bkkcoh
10-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Congrats and good luck :toast:

wolfpack0735
10-27-2006, 08:32 AM
congrats to both of you! a cool way to ask to get married.