PDA

View Full Version : New My Chemical Romance...

htismaqe
10-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Picked up "The Black Parade" today.

Very good album, very unique sound.

They've got a Bowie/Queen vibe going, with some Cheap Trick mixed in. Add in some punk riffs and some goth lyrics...

BucEyedPea
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
I love My Chemical Romance and "The Black Parade" the hit song.
I don't by CD's much but if I heard a good endorsement I have.
Thanks for the heads up.

MOhillbilly
10-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Emo is POOOH.

truely the death of Rock n Roll.

htismaqe
10-26-2006, 05:00 PM
I understand your hatred for emo.

However, these guys are pretty unique.

And this album is much more "theatre" and alot less emo.

Reminds me alot of Ziggy Stardust-era Bowie...

siberian khatru
10-26-2006, 05:08 PM
I saw them on SNL last week. Had never heard of them before. So I was a blank slate -- no preconceived notions.

I thought they were AWFUL. Just dreadful. Singer can't sing. Just a poseur.

Maybe it's an acquired taste. Just not my cup of tea.

Carry on.

htismaqe
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I saw them on SNL last week. Had never heard of them before. So I was a blank slate -- no preconceived notions.

I thought they were AWFUL. Just dreadful. Singer can't sing. Just a poseur.

Maybe it's an acquired taste. Just not my cup of tea.

Carry on.

I don't put much stock in singers. I'm a guitarist first and foremost so that's what I pay most attention to.

And the guitar sound is the part I love about them.

siberian khatru
10-26-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't put much stock in singers. I'm a guitarist first and foremost so that's what I pay most attention to.

And the guitar sound is the part I love about them.

Well then, it's funny you say that, because that was about the only thing I could stomach. I wasn't impressed, per se, but I got something other than boredom or revulsion out of it.

Tribal Warfare
10-26-2006, 05:43 PM
New My Chemical Romance...

are FAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

htismaqe
10-26-2006, 05:48 PM

And?

htismaqe
10-26-2006, 05:49 PM
The more I listen to this, this is definitely NOT emo.

siberian khatru
10-26-2006, 05:51 PM

http://www.absoluteanime.com/reviews/repo_man/repo_man02.jpg

"John Wayne was a f-a-g."

Tribal Warfare
10-26-2006, 06:13 PM
[IMG]
"John Wayne was a f-a-g."

MCR= wrist cutting, rump ranging, mascara wearing that they snaked from their mom's makeup bin pussy assed butt- blasters

htismaqe
10-26-2006, 06:23 PM
MCR= wrist cutting, rump ranging, mascara wearing that they snaked from their mom's makeup bin pussy assed butt- blasters

And?

Tribal Warfare
10-26-2006, 06:30 PM
And?
I go on all day :fire:

The Cure wanna be spawn of enya

htismaqe
10-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I go on all day :fire:

The Cure wanna be spawn of enya

I was just asking.

Usually guys that go out of their way to point out that other people are queer have a certain amount of insecurity when it comes to their own manhood...

:evil:

Tribal Warfare
10-26-2006, 06:42 PM
I was just asking.

Usually guys that go out of their way to point out that other people are queer have a certain amount of insecurity when it comes to their own manhood...

:evil:

dude those F*CKS are in college now, and they think they are living a tortured life like they are the reincarnation Edgar Alan Poe. Usually these kids are upper-middle class shits who try to find a niche that's an easy out to validate their horrible pampered lifestyle.

PunkinDrublic
10-26-2006, 10:41 PM
MCR is ****ing horrible. It's a bunch of contrived angst to appeal to the 16 year old emo crowd. I can't believe the amount of rock critics that fellate this band.

PunkinDrublic
10-26-2006, 10:42 PM
dude those F*CKS are in college now, and they think they are living a tortured life like they are the reincarnation Edgar Alan Poe. Usually these kids are upper-middle class shits who try to find a niche that's an easy out to validate their horrible pampered lifestyle.

You just described the whole emo genre in a nutshell.

Halfcan
10-27-2006, 12:52 AM
I put a ban on them in my Yahoo radio they were so bad.

Molitoth
10-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Though I don't care for MCR, most of your guys musical opinions are pure crap. Come up with a good reason to not like a band, instead of calling them "emo" or "fags".

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Though I don't care for MCR, most of your guys musical opinions are pure crap. Come up with a good reason to not like a band, instead of calling them "emo" or "fags".

Thank you.

For those of you that think this is "contrived" have you HEARD the new album, or are you just talking to hear yourself talk?

This is most certainly NOT emo. Unless you think the Rocky Horror Picture Show was emo.

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 09:55 AM
MCR is ****ing horrible. It's a bunch of contrived angst to appeal to the 16 year old emo crowd. I can't believe the amount of rock critics that fellate this band.

The critics like them because the music is unique and the structure of the songs is borderline genius.

Tribal Warfare
10-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Though I don't care for MCR, most of your guys musical opinions are pure crap. Come up with a good reason to not like a band, instead of calling them "emo" or "Rump Rangers".

easy, the singer sounds like his balls are being squeezed, and the 3 chord progessions is so creative and artistic. Another corporate disposable band

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 11:03 AM
easy, the singer sounds like his balls are being squeezed, and the 3 chord progessions is so creative and artistic. Another corporate disposable band

The fact that you characterize the music as "3 chord progessions" shows just how misinformed you are...

Tribal Warfare
10-27-2006, 11:11 AM
The fact that you characterize the music as "3 chord progessions" shows just how misinformed you are...

Yeah, I guess I am since they sound like everyone else

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I guess I am since they sound like everyone else

Who is "everyone else"?

I'm interested to see how much deeper you want to dig this hole, since it's obvious you've never listened to MCR.

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 11:19 AM

I just now fully understood this post.

It's plainly obvious to me now that you haven't spent any time listening to MCR.

Furthermore, upper-middle class kids aren't allowed to make music?

This whole "you ain't shit if you ain't hardcore" act has ruined music. Every artist, musician, and actor can't have "street cred".

Tribal Warfare
10-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Who is "everyone else"?

I'm interested to see how much deeper you want to dig this hole, since it's obvious you've never listened to MCR.

AFI, Fall out Boy, All American Rejects

You can't believe 10-15 years that MCR will be noticed as artistic savants. Shit, bands like Black Label Society, Atreyu, and Sevendust don't get enough air play, but MCR oooh yeah they have some real staying power with their "unique" sound

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 11:27 AM
AFI, Fall out Boy, All American Rejects

You can't believe 10-15 years that MCR will be noticed as artistic savants. Shit, bands like Black Label Society, Atreyu, and Sevendust don't get enough air play, but MCR oooh yeah they have some real staying power with their "unique" sound

Fallout Boy? AAR? ROFL

Like I said, you've probably heard 1 MCR song.

And no, I never contended that they would have staying power, or be heralded 15 years from now. Never said that. I only said that characterizing their music as "3-chord progressions" is as absurd as it is false, especially with the new album, which is VERY different from their last release. In fact, I'm guessing they're going to alienate alot of fans with this new release.

I don't know about where you live, but MCR doens't get air play around here, at all. None.

And I find it interesting that you mentioned Sevendust, especially since you seem to have a real problem with cookie-cutter, corporate rock...

Tribal Warfare
10-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Fallout Boy? AAR? ROFL

Like I said, you've probably heard 1 MCR song.

And no, I never contended that they would have staying power, or be heralded 15 years from now. Never said that. I only said that characterizing their music as "3-chord progressions" is as absurd as it is false, especially with the new album, which is VERY different from their last release. In fact, I'm guessing they're going to alienate alot of fans with this new release.

I don't know about where you live, but MCR doens't get air play around here, at all. None.

And I find it interesting that you mentioned Sevendust, especially since you seem to have a real problem with cookie-cutter, corporate rock...

Sevendust corporate rock? Okay, now this conversation is over

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Sevendust corporate rock? Okay, now this conversation is over

This conversation was over a long time ago, when you decided to level criticisms on a band that you've obviously never listened to.

As for Sevendust, they sound just exactly like every other "nu-metal" radio band that's out there right now. I can turn on our local "lazer" station right now and hear Sevendust within 40 minutes, guaranteed.

QuikSsurfer
10-27-2006, 11:37 AM
i haven't heard anything since their "I'm not okay"
hated it.. i haven't heard the new album yet.. i'll check it out but i'd probably rather listen to the used.. or take it back a few years and enjoy some Glassjaw :)

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 11:39 AM
hated it.. i haven't heard the new album yet.. i'll check it out but i'd probably rather listen to the used.. or take it back a few years and enjoy some Glassjaw :)

I would imagine that's the song that Tribal has heard as well. And it's not at all indicative of their body of work. And the new album is even further away from that...

Molitoth
10-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Back to the subject of MCR.

I gave thier last cd a chance with about four listens. (With most albums I enjoy this is about the time they hook me, but with MCR i found myself only barely enjoying just a small handfull of tracks.) With this new album I have heard that they have had a major overhaul on the production sound which is making it a major upgrade from thier last release. (And im not talking about production quality, I'm talking about a completely different type of production sound) That being said, I will download the album and give it a whirl.

htismaqe , have you listened to the new Saosin album?
Critics are flaming it because fans fell in love with the band years ago when Anthony Green (Circa Survive) was singing for them and the full length followup to thier amazing "Translating the Name EP" was delayed longer and longer. With all of the time in between, a lot of people were dissapointed when the album actually dropped. I never get stuck on one band for too long without moving on to the next, so when this album dropped for me, I instantly fell in love with it. Although I did not have as much anticipation for it as most of the hardcore fans. If you like MCR, I imagine this will bring you into a whole new world of Screamo-type rock.

Molitoth
10-27-2006, 04:05 PM

Props on the Glassjaw reference. :clap:

When I see this I think....

People who can recognise the talent in Glassjaw for the most part should know at least something about critiquing music.

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Back to the subject of MCR.

I gave thier last cd a chance with about four listens. (With most albums I enjoy this is about the time they hook me, but with MCR i found myself only barely enjoying just a small handfull of tracks.) With this new album I have heard that they have had a major overhaul on the production sound which is making it a major upgrade from thier last release. (And im not talking about production quality, I'm talking about a completely different type of production sound) That being said, I will download the album and give it a whirl.

htismag, have you listened to the new Saosin album?
Critics are flaming it because fans fell in love with the band years ago when Anthony Green (Circa Survive) was singing for them and the full length followup to thier amazing "Translating the Name EP" was delayed longer and longer. With all of the time in between, a lot of people were dissapointed when the album actually dropped. I never get stuck on one band for too long without moving on to the next, so when this album dropped for me, I instantly fell in love it. Although I did not have as much anticipation for it as most of the hardcore fans. If you like MCR, I imagine this will bring you into a whole new world of Screamo-type rock.

More than just the production sound, this new MCR album is very different musically from their previous release. Their previous release was primarily punk, with a sprinkle of theatrical glam and a little bit of the harmonized guitar sound (my wife says it reminds her of Queen).

The new album turns that 180 degrees. It's primarily theatrical glam with the harmonized guitar sound, alot of piano, and only a sprinkle of the punk stuff.

As for Saosin, I haven't heard of it. I will listen to it now, thanks for the heads up.

MOhillbilly
10-27-2006, 04:19 PM
alright ill play and since my music tastes are as wide as anyones here ect ect.

emo is the new 'Rump Ranger music' plain and simple.

while i can respect others opinions i have heard them (my girl loves them along w/ the rest of the neo retro bands) and :(had:shake: to catch them on tv last week.

if nothing else its more of the same- make way for the NEOS.

neo-nazi,neo-hippy-neo-punk,neo-grundge-neo isnt neato.

JMO.

edit- htis buy this LP.
http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=ISCR886

http://www.myspace.com/thebeowulfboyz (http://www.myspace.com/thebeowulfboyz)

Molitoth
10-27-2006, 04:26 PM

while i can respect others opinions i have heard them (my girl loves them along w/ the rest of the neo retro bands) and :(had:shake: to catch them on tv last week.

JMO.

edit- htis buy this LP.

The word EMO is so overly used for everything. EMO is short for: "Emotional", which fits every ****ing piece of music ever written.
When there is no Emotion is music, there is no music. Find yourself a new word.

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 04:28 PM

JMO.

edit- htis buy this LP.

Well, that's where part of this confusion comes from.

What is "neo retro"?

I listen to what I like, I don't really subscribe to or understand the whole need to stick everything into "genres".

MCR sounds absolutely nothing like Fallout Boy, if they're considered "neo" anything.

And as far as "rump ranger" music, they said the same thing about David Bowie, which happens to be one of my personal favorites...

MOhillbilly
10-27-2006, 04:29 PM
The word EMO is so overly used for everything. EMO is short for: "Emotional", which fits every ****ing piece of music ever written.

nipples hard frank?

as i stated emo is the new f@g music ie a label put on everytype of tune played on the radio that isnt what many would consider rock or country.

pretentious much?

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 04:30 PM

See that's what I thought. I'm not into genres and all that, I'll be the first to say that I'm horribly UN-hip and haven't kept up on all that.

I always thought "emo" was short for "emotion", which basically means ALL MUSIC.

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 04:33 PM
nipples hard frank?

as i stated emo is the new f@g music ie a label put on everytype of tune played on the radio that isnt what many would consider rock or country.

pretentious much?

So is Jessie McCartney "emo"? Because my 4-year old LOVES him and I think he's queer as hell.

Furthermore, Tribal and Punkin described MCR, and "emo" in general, as a bunch of suburban white rich kids trying to make themselves seem hardcore with contrived angst. Would that not make Slipknot "emo" then? Because I know those guys personally and know where and how they grew up...

MOhillbilly
10-27-2006, 04:51 PM
So is Jessie McCartney "emo"? Because my 4-year old LOVES him and I think he's queer as hell.

Furthermore, Tribal and Punkin described MCR, and "emo" in general, as a bunch of suburban white rich kids trying to make themselves seem hardcore with contrived angst. Would that not make Slipknot "emo" then? Because I know those guys personally and know where and how they grew up...

you know just aswell as the others that music gets labeled such because of the style.
i dont have to tell you this.

depeche mode was F@g music as was all that style music in the 80s.

same thing w/ emo.

i dont understand how you dont get neo.

if glam comes back in force it would be neo glam.

MOhillbilly
10-27-2006, 04:53 PM
all im sayin is i want something fresh that blows my mind. i keep looking back cause the OGs did it best.

everything i hear these days sounds like a cheap knockoff of whats been done or downright sucks.

Molitoth
10-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Since your grand at labeling things, im curious to what you would label Beowulf.

Molitoth
10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
all im sayin is i want something fresh that blows my mind. i keep looking back cause the OGs did it best.

everything i hear these days sounds like a cheap knockoff of whats been done or downright sucks.

It's out there, you just gotta know where to look. If you go to the radio of course your gonna hear a bunch of cheap knockoff bullsh*t that sucks.

Demonpenz
10-27-2006, 07:05 PM
i don't really like emo music. Reminds me too much of gay people who pant their fingernail and have aids

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 07:20 PM
you know just aswell as the others that music gets labeled such because of the style.
i dont have to tell you this.

depeche mode was F@g music as was all that style music in the 80s.

same thing w/ emo.

i dont understand how you dont get neo.

if glam comes back in force it would be neo glam.

No, I don't get "neo retro" - it's redundant, is it not.

For instance, if glam were to come back in force, that's retro glam, or neo glam. They mean the same thing, at least they do to me.

In the 70's, David Bowie and Queen was fag music. Who cares? If you don't like it, you don't like it. I do.

However, let me put what Tribal said in perspective. He said he doesn't like MCR because they use "contrived angst", he doesn't like the singer, and because their songs all have 3 chords.

I can understand not liking their singer. It's an acquired taste. The other two criticisms are ridiculous. It's akin to saying David Bowie was a no-talent hack because he was a fag. Or how about Pink Floyd's "The Wall"? Was that "contrived"? After all, Syd Barrett was certifiably insane, but the rest of them were normal, non-drug-using blokes who had no idea what it was like to be clinically demented.

htismaqe
10-27-2006, 07:20 PM

You're not gonna find that again dude. So much of music has already been done. 99% of everything out there is a variation of something that came before it...

Demonpenz
10-27-2006, 07:32 PM
unless outcast or wu tang comes back together you can forget anything fresh coming out.

Molitoth
10-27-2006, 08:57 PM
unless outcast or wu tang comes back together you can forget anything fresh coming out.

You shouldn't even be a part of this thread.

Molitoth
10-27-2006, 09:00 PM
i don't really like emo music. Reminds me too much of gay people who pant their fingernail and have aids

im gay i pant my fingernail I have aids my name is Demonpenz

i spellz gud and tipe gud two

Wait, I stooped to your level........ oh well, this board strives on retards.

Reaper16
10-27-2006, 11:20 PM
im gay i pant my fingernail I have aids my name is Demonpenz

i spellz gud and tipe gud two

Wait, I stooped to your level........ oh well, this board strives on retards.
ROFL at people still not getting Demonpenz' humor.

Anyway, I downloaded the album upon htismaque's comment saying it is smilar to Ziggy Stardust, my fav album evar. Please note that My Chemical's last album overall made me want to insert dislodged fingernails into my eyes. Though there were hints of glammy, gothy goodness.

The new one is a pretty great rock record so far. I'm a few tracks in, including the incredible single. The grandiose rock-opera-ish style worked wonders for Green Day's "American Idiot," despite the overplayed singles. It works in a similar fashion for My Chemica's new album. This is not an emo record. Period. Moreover, it is a good rock record. It feels like a mid seventies record with modern punk sensibilites and a goth-tinged sense of gloom.

Molitoth
10-27-2006, 11:25 PM

Anyway, I downloaded the album upon htismaque's comment saying it is smilar to Ziggy Stardust, my fav album evar. Please note that My Chemical's last album overall made me want to insert dislodged fingernails into my eyes. Though there were hints of glammy, gothy goodness.

The new one is a pretty great rock record so far. I'm a few tracks in, including the incredible single. The grandiose rock-opera-ish style worked wonders for Green Day's "American Idiot," despite the overplayed singles. It works in a similar fashion for My Chemica's new album. This is not an emo record. Period. Moreover, it is a good rock record. It feels like a mid seventies record with modern punk sensibilites and a goth-tinged sense of gloom.

If Demonpenz has been sarcastic through this whole thread then I do appoligize for not see'ing his humor. It would be a lot cooler if he was being sarcastic and not such a dumbass, but anyway... if Reaper thinks the album doesn't suck as much as the first I will deffintly give it a whirl, I respect his music taste.

Reaper16
10-27-2006, 11:44 PM
If Demonpenz has been sarcastic through this whole thread then I do appoligize for not see'ing his humor. It would be a lot cooler if he was being sarcastic and not such a dumbass, but anyway... if Reaper thinks the album doesn't suck as much as the first I will deffintly give it a whirl, I respect his music taste.
It's still a mainstream rock record, through and through. But it's well recorded, very fun, and has some old-school sensibility. It's no "Ashes Against the Grain," "10,000 Days" or "Aurora Consergens," but it is far beyond what one shoudl expect from a pop record.

PunkinDrublic
10-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Htismaqe I don't see why your getting all bent out of shape because we don't think MCR are a bunch of musical geniuses. Much of their song catalogue is a bunch of overdramatic, contrived angst. It's not that they're trying to be hardcore it's that they are whiney as hell.

ChiefFripp
10-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Why don't you guys just arm wrestle to decide if this band is good or not? That would seem to fit this treads type of ...er, logic.

htismaqe
10-30-2006, 08:52 AM

Egg-zackly.

The album is musical THEATRE.

htismaqe
10-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Htismaqe I don't see why your getting all bent out of shape because we don't think MCR are a bunch of musical geniuses. Much of their song catalogue is a bunch of overdramatic, contrived angst. It's not that they're trying to be hardcore it's that they are whiney as hell.

I'm certainly not bent of shape.

I'm also certainly inclined to defend myself when attacked.

As for overdramatic, contrived angst, try listening to it. Anybody with half a brain would understand they're NOT SERIOUS.

It's a SHOW.

Just like Slayer.

And I'm guessing you guys wouldn't call Slayer a bunch of fags.

Demonpenz
10-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I was being sarcastic Molitoth. Do you have a St. Joseph connection? I think I read awhile back that you do. So I don't want to piss you off. I am just dicking around. I listen to MCR some along with some other stuff that I am not overly proud of. Like taking back sunday. I listen to it all pretty much. I listen to alot of blues and I am a huge guitar fan in general. I also wanted to point out the MCR was on mtv yesterday live and they sounded pretty good. I was surprised the guy could hit the notes decently like on the cd. I also love the video for helena. I thought that was the coolest one I have seen for a night. Have a good ones and listen to what you listen too.

Demonpenz
10-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Just like the NFL I don't get emotionally invested too much anymore it is what it is enjoy it. I aint going to go out and cut my nipples out for good charlotte or some 16 years. The other video was good for MCR where it was a wwII scene.

Demonpenz
10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Other guilty pleasures would be the killers.

Demonpenz
10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
sevendust is awesome, deftones rules, yeah!

htismaqe
10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
ROFL

You're all over it!

Molitoth
10-30-2006, 03:50 PM
I was being sarcastic Molitoth. Do you have a St. Joseph connection? I think I read awhile back that you do. So I don't want to piss you off. I am just dicking around. I listen to MCR some along with some other stuff that I am not overly proud of. Like taking back sunday. I listen to it all pretty much. I listen to alot of blues and I am a huge guitar fan in general. I also wanted to point out the MCR was on mtv yesterday live and they sounded pretty good. I was surprised the guy could hit the notes decently like on the cd. I also love the video for helena. I thought that was the coolest one I have seen for a night. Have a good ones and listen to what you listen too.

Like I said, sorry for not see'ing your sarcasm. =P

MOhillbilly
10-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Since your grand at labeling things, im curious to what you would label Beowulf.

west coast hardcore

MOhillbilly
10-31-2006, 07:47 AM
You're not gonna find that again dude. So much of music has already been done. 99% of everything out there is a variation of something that came before it...

i refuse to believe that.

htismaqe
10-31-2006, 08:13 AM
i refuse to believe that.

I never said NOTHING is new and innovative. It's just very rare, which means you have to look harder for it, and you're certainly not going to find it on the radio.