PDA

View Full Version : Herm's going conservative this week

Count Alex's Losses
10-26-2006, 08:21 PM
I'd bet money on it. Seattle's offense was stuck in netural even with Hasselbeck. They're going to be in a world of hurt with Wallace, who is talented, but not up for this challenge.

As a result, Herm isn't going to want to give them any chances by taking too many risks on offense, especially against Seattle's passrush, which is damn good. They've got the ability to shut down our best receiving weapon while still getting after Huard.

Last week Herm told the team they would need 30, because he recognized San Diego's offense was pretty good. I bet this week he tells them they need 17 or something.

Not a criticism, just a hunch.

TrickyNicky
10-26-2006, 08:24 PM
He hasn't really taken any chances with Huard yet, only when we've gotten short field from turnovers. I doubt he will change now.

Short Leash Hootie
10-26-2006, 08:27 PM
I totally agree with your assessment and Herm's reasoning if this were the case.

Seattle isn't going to generate much offense without their pro bowl QB/RB tandem...

Let's not have our offense put points on the board for the Seahawks...

ArrowheadHawk
10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Let's not have our offense put points on the board for the Seahawks...
true dat

Count Alex's Losses
10-26-2006, 08:31 PM
He hasn't really taken any chances with Huard yet, only when we've gotten short field from turnovers. I doubt he will change now.

Actually I think he took plenty of chances last week, in Arizona, against SF, etc.

Short Leash Hootie
10-26-2006, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't mind Scurry getting my fantasy team 3 TD's and 150 yards...

SCURRY LURRY!

L.A. Chieffan
10-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Look to be a "The Milton Berle Theory" game as Bill Simmons would say.

Count Alex's Losses
10-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Look to be a "The Milton Berle Theory" game as Bill Simmons would say.

Elaborate?

alanm
10-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Bet the over. ROFL

CoMoChief
10-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Herm is conservative every week.

L.A. Chieffan
10-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Elaborate?
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/nfl/061020

about the seventh paragraph down...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Seneca Wallace's mobility concerns me, especially given our problems on third down.

yeti
10-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Screw conservative! I think we need to get some points up quick to get the crow all pumped. The first drive is so critical I think especially if we get the kickoff. I hope that we don't just roll over and play dead on offense. I guess the best thing would be for the D to take the field first and put up some points. I would like a good old trouncing at Arrowhead by the D.

Redcoats58
Way to go out on a limb about a coach who is known for being conservative.

beer bacon
Seneca Wallace's mobility concerns me, especially given our problems on third down.

What, our #6 in the NFL 32.9 3rd down conversion percentage?

Count Alex's Losses
10-26-2006, 08:59 PM

I liked when we passed on third-and-1 last week. That was SOOPER CONSERVATIVE!

Halfcan
10-26-2006, 09:03 PM

yep

CHENZ A!
10-26-2006, 09:56 PM
I liked when we passed on third-and-1 last week. That was SOOPER CONSERVATIVE!

I really didn't care for that call The only way to justify it, besides the fact that it worked, is that he was definetly going for it on fourth down.

Also, I agree with you about this weeks game, I've been telling all my friends/family who think we are going to kill SEA, that I believe this will be a low scoring game.

I just think the whole "Herm is a conservative coach." thing is a bunch of BS, if the man wins games then I don't give a **** how.

Psyko Tek
10-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Herm seems to depend on the D to shorten the field, by turnovers, then he will play some offense

Psyko Tek
10-26-2006, 10:08 PM
from the milton berle article
raiders fans gotta love'em

From Chad in La Grande, Ore.: "New slogan for the 21st century Oakland Raiders: 'Commitment to Excrement.'"

From Nick B. in Bakersfield, Calif.: "John Madden just explained how Art Shell installed the silent count that helped the Falcons beat the Vikings in the NFC Championship game. WOW! Could you pick a better coach to teach the silent count? This has to be 90+ on your Unintentional Comedy scale. How do you think he teaches the silent count? I imagine very few words and Coach Shell acting like a mime."

From Will Johnson in New York: "From the San Francisco Chronicle: 'Oakland RB LaMont Jordan missed practice with back trouble Wednesday, and coach Art Shell hopes Jordan gets better in a hurry. If not, the Raiders are in big trouble.' Does big trouble mean 0-5? You have to love hometown sportswriters who just don't care anymore."

From BJ in Syracuse, N.Y.: "If you ever wondered what it was like to be a Raiders fan, you are in luck because I'm about to give you some insight: First, take an ice pick and just ram it into your left testicle. Just do it for no reason at all. If you can make it all the way through so it sticks into a table or chair, that is preferable. Next, headbutt the nearest immovable object (table, brick wall, etc.) seven times or until you draw blood, whichever comes first. After that, put your left hand on a table and smash it with a hammer three times as hard as you can, then dip it in scalding hot water. After that wears off, eat an Oreo cookie because they actually look like they are going to score, but as soon as you eat the cookie wash it down with a quart of antifreeze because they found some way to screw it up. While you are still alive, slowly remove the ice pick to make sure you acheive maximum torture, and then stab yourself in the temple."

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2006, 10:09 PM
What, our #6 in the NFL 32.9 3rd down conversion percentage?

Did you watch the game last week?

C-Mac
10-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Conservative? Like he was verses the Niners?

ct
10-27-2006, 02:56 PM
football threads get a bump

Count Alex's Losses
10-30-2006, 03:59 AM
Um...I was wrong.