PDA

View Full Version : For the Dog Lovers on the board

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 10:00 AM
I know that their are some big dog lovers on this board, and I thought it might do some good to post this here. My wife and I are involved with the MoKan boxer rescue, and we recently heard this awful news...

"MoKan Boxer rescue and our special broken puppy boy really need your help. Perhaps you have heard about the Broken Overland Park Boxer Puppy on the radio?

This little puppy boy was hit by a hit and run driver on 10/17/06.and left to die by the side of the road. A kind samaritan found him lying there & notified the Overland Park KS Animal Control. She asked the shelter what would happen to him & was told that he would be put on a 3-day stray hold & if he was not claimed by his owners, he would be put to sleep as his injuries were so severe. Not wanting that to happen, this kind woman called the radio station. We found out about this poor baby after 2 radio stations aired his story, looking for help and we agreed to take him.

After being evaluated by a veterinary orthopedic surgeon, we learned that our poor puppy had suffered
2 badly broken back legs and a crushed pelvis.
Amazingly, he didn't suffer any internal injuries.
During a lengthy surgery last Friday, the surgeon plated a tibia (big bone lower leg), a femur(big bone upper leg, other side) and has also pinned together his pelvis which was crushed on one side(ilium, ishium). He had to "pop" it back out but it went easily(all things considered)....and put in some pins. He was very pleased with the surgery and how it went and says puppy should get around just fine after recuperation.

The bill for the surgery is $5000 + and that doesn't include charges for the week to ten days of 24 hour care at the emergency clinic.

The radio stations were just sure that they could raise all we needed in a day, but the total they've raised plus the donations we've managed to secure on our own only amounts to about $1,600....leaving us seriously short of what we'll need.

Since we are a small, non-profit rescue group, we really need donations to help pay for his care. He is such a sweet brave little guy, not more than six months old. I saw him yesterday and even with his cast, all his stitches , and his terrible "road rash", his boxer spirit was shining through. His little stub never stopped wiggling as I gently petted him. His pictures are on our website (He's in the Emergency Room Section)Take one look at that sweet baby's face and you'll understand why we had to help him.

If you can't donate we certainly understand, but could you please pass this on to others who might be able to help us? If it's allowed, we'd appreciate it if folks would post this on a regular or electronic bulletin board at work , or anywhere else they think that people who might help would see it.

Donations may be made by going to our website http://www.midwestboxerrescues.com and using the donate buttons which will go through Paypal or by mailing a check or money order to:

MOKAN BOXER RESCUE
POB 8151
Topeka Kansas 66608
We are a 501c3 corporation and all gifts/donations are tax deductible.

Please keep our little Hero's safe recovery in your hearts.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for all you do in the lives of boxers.

Sincerely,

Trish Noon

Trish Noon
Mo/Kan Boxer Rescue
http://www.midwestboxerrescues.com
"Saving the life of one dog won't change the world, But the world will certainly change for that one dog."
"

I read this board daily. I just don't post much, but I couldn't help but post this. I hope it's OK.
Thanks!

Saulbadguy
10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
The bill for the surgery is $5000
How much for euthanization?

Donger
10-27-2006, 10:04 AM

ROFL

Gonzo
10-27-2006, 10:09 AM

:shake:

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 10:13 AM
That's typically not the route that the Rescue organizations go. It would be a huge amount for one person to pay, but the MoKan Boxer Rescue can save the life of the dog, then give it a new home when it's healthy. To be honest, I wouldn't have expected much else from you anyway, Saul...like I said, I've been reading the board for quite a few years.

4th and Long
10-27-2006, 10:13 AM
:shake:
http://home.fuse.net/camelot/WMD/Graphics/hulka.bmp

Smed1065
10-27-2006, 10:14 AM
The veterinary orthopedic surgeon can afford it more than me. How much did he give?

booyaf2
10-27-2006, 10:16 AM
antifreeze joke in 3....2....1....

Iowanian
10-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Think how much medical care for underprivilaged children could have been purchased with $5k.

I'm with Saul.

4th and Long
10-27-2006, 10:18 AM
antifreeze joke in 3....2....1....
http://www.thebestoil.com/thebestoil.com/products/antifreeze.jpg

Happy now?

Smed1065
10-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Think how much medical care for underprivilaged children could have been purchased with $5k.

I'm with Saul.

I agree it is time that we took care ourselves, humans in the USA!

Radar Chief
10-27-2006, 10:22 AM

Well lets see, a box of 50 .22 shells goes for Ďround $7, + or - dependín on brand and type (FMJ, JHP, etcÖ), so thatíd make anything over Ďbout $.14 a waste of resources.
Seriously though, Iím as much a dog lover as anyone and to me $5K is way too damn much. Put the poor thing down and donít make it suffer any more for someone elseís pity.

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 10:23 AM

I'm with Saul.

There are plenty of good causes out there, inluding underprivilaged children. I certainly wouldn't post this with the intention of taking money away from other causes. For some people, they prefer to give to charities that help animals. I lost my brother to Leukemia when he was 5, and most of the money I donate goes to help children with in similar situations...but it's certainly not the only good cause out there. That's all I'm saying.

Hog Farmer
10-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Where the **** do you people get off asking for people to fork over 5 grand for a ****ing dog that need shot in the head and thrown in a dumpster anyway. I'm so sick and tired of seeing dogs scattered up and down the highway because people don't look after them. If you're gonna have a ****ing dog then keep it penned up away from ****ing automobiles and here you are spending $5000 to heal up a dog so the next person can take him straight to the nearest highway for road kill. Jesus Christ you people are ****ing stupid. And to top it all off you want everyone else to pay for it. Damn this shit pisses me off. Your mother should have had a friggin abortion.

booyaf2
10-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I think someone pissed off the Hog Farmer. Not for sure though.

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Seriously though, Iím as much a dog lover as anyone and to me $5K is way too damn much. Put the poor thing down and donít make it suffer any more for someone elseís pity.

I completely hear what you're saying. The dog had no severe internal injuries besides the many broken bones. It's not suffering now, and is on the road to recovery. He should now be able to live a full life, and will no doubt make some family very happy. I'm in total agreeance about not making a dog suffer, but the Boxer Rescue and the vets felt that the dog wasn't suffering, and they did what they thought was right. Please understand that I'm not asking anyone here to donate a dime. I just wanted to pass along the information. The people that read it and feel compelled will help. Others won't. Either way, I just wanted to help get the story out there.

Iowanian
10-27-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't want to be mean, or unkind or whatever....but there are a hell of alot of dogs in need of homes too.

I personally think its cruel to keep an animal alive and let it suffer those injuries, and a waste of resources to spend $6-7k on a dog that may not live or be "right" again anyway.

How many weeks of food for the entire shelter would that single surgery's expense purchased?

I know my perspective is often viewed as harsh, but I learned at a young age on the farm that this is part of life. Sometimes, the hard thing to do, is the right thing to do for the animal.

SBK
10-27-2006, 10:33 AM
This thread sure is a pick-me-up for dog lovers everywhere!

booyaf2
10-27-2006, 10:37 AM
No doubt. After it gets up to around 1000 posts we should submit it to PETA. They'd get a kick out of it i'd bet.

jynni
10-27-2006, 10:39 AM
This is one of those decisions that would kill me to have to make. $5000 is alot of money and would go along way in helping hundreds of other animals.

On the other hand, if the Boxer is going to heal fine and suffered no injuries other than broken bones, I don't think I would put him down. Plus he's still a puppy.

Personally? I spent about $1300 to have my dog's knee fixed when he was younger. I was prepared to double that amount to have the other need fixed had he not grown out of the problem in that one. Since nothing else was wrong with him, I felt it was the right decision at the time.

Hog Farmer
10-27-2006, 10:41 AM
I don't want to be mean, or unkind or whatever....but there are a hell of alot of dogs in need of homes too.

I personally think its cruel to keep an animal alive and let it suffer those injuries, and a waste of resources to spend $6-7k on a dog that may not live or be "right" again anyway.

How many weeks of food for the entire shelter would that single surgery's expense purchased?

I know my perspective is often viewed as harsh, but I learned at a young age on the farm that this is part of life. Sometimes, the hard thing to do, is the right thing to do for the animal.

Quit trying to be nice and just tell him what you really think.

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Where the **** do you people get off asking for people to fork over 5 grand for a ****ing dog that need shot in the head and thrown in a dumpster anyway. I'm so sick and tired of seeing dogs scattered up and down the highway because people don't look after them. If you're gonna have a ****ing dog then keep it penned up away from ****ing automobiles and here you are spending $5000 to heal up a dog so the next person can take him straight to the nearest highway for road kill. Jesus Christ you people are ****ing stupid. And to top it all off you want everyone else to pay for it. Damn this shit pisses me off. Your mother should have had a friggin abortion.

Wow, buddy...You've got some real issues, and I wish you luck with working those out, honestly.

Look, like I said, I'm not asking for anyone to donate anything. I personally have nothing to gain from this. I know there are opinions on completely opposite sides of the spectrum on issues like this, obviously, and I don't pass judgement one way or the other. Ultimately, there are people that look for things like this to donate to...they just don't always hear about them.

Brock
10-27-2006, 10:51 AM
The dog would have been better off with a quick death.

Hog Farmer
10-27-2006, 10:51 AM
I know that their are some big dog lovers on this board, and I thought it might do some good to post this here. My wife and I are involved with the MoKan boxer rescue, and we recently heard this awful news...

"MoKan Boxer rescue and our special broken puppy boy really need your help. Perhaps you have heard about the Broken Overland Park Boxer Puppy on the radio?

This little puppy boy was hit by a hit and run driver on 10/17/06.and left to die by the side of the road. A kind samaritan found him lying there & notified the Overland Park KS Animal Control. She asked the shelter what would happen to him & was told that he would be put on a 3-day stray hold & if he was not claimed by his owners, he would be put to sleep as his injuries were so severe. Not wanting that to happen, this kind woman called the radio station. We found out about this poor baby after 2 radio stations aired his story, looking for help and we agreed to take him.

After being evaluated by a veterinary orthopedic surgeon, we learned that our poor puppy had suffered
2 badly broken back legs and a crushed pelvis.
Amazingly, he didn't suffer any internal injuries.
During a lengthy surgery last Friday, the surgeon plated a tibia (big bone lower leg), a femur(big bone upper leg, other side) and has also pinned together his pelvis which was crushed on one side(ilium, ishium). He had to "pop" it back out but it went easily(all things considered)....and put in some pins. He was very pleased with the surgery and how it went and says puppy should get around just fine after recuperation.

The bill for the surgery is $5000 + and that doesn't include charges for the week to ten days of 24 hour care at the emergency clinic.

The radio stations were just sure that they could raise all we needed in a day, but the total they've raised plus the donations we've managed to secure on our own only amounts to about $1,600....leaving us seriously short of what we'll need.

SINCE WE ARE A SMALL, NON-PROFIT RESCUE GROUP WE REALLY NEED DONATIONS to help pay for his care. He is such a sweet brave little guy, not more than six months old. I saw him yesterday and even with his cast, all his stitches , and his terrible "road rash", his boxer spirit was shining through. His little stub never stopped wiggling as I gently petted him. His pictures are on our website (He's in the Emergency Room Section)Take one look at that sweet baby's face and you'll understand why we had to help him.

If you can't donate we certainly understand, but could you please pass this on to others who might be able to help us? If it's allowed, we'd appreciate it if folks would post this on a regular or electronic bulletin board at work , or anywhere else they think that people who might help would see it.

Donations may be made by going to our website http://www.midwestboxerrescues.com and using the donate buttons which will go through Paypal or by mailing a check or money order to:

MOKAN BOXER RESCUE
POB 8151
Topeka Kansas 66608
We are a 501c3 corporation and all gifts/donations are tax deductible.

Please keep our little Hero's safe recovery in your hearts.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for all you do in the lives of boxers.

Sincerely,

Trish Noon

Trish Noon
Mo/Kan Boxer Rescue
http://www.midwestboxerrescues.com
"Saving the life of one dog won't change the world, But the world will certainly change for that one dog."
"

I read this board daily. I just don't post much, but I couldn't help but post this. I hope it's OK.
Thanks!

I would call this asking for donations you dumbass!

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 10:57 AM
I would call this asking for donations you dumbass!

You do understand that I did not write the email, right? I mean, obviously you can read...is it comprehension you have a problem with? Secondly, the MoKan Boxer rescue is only asking those that feel strongly about this for help. No one is expecting you to do a thing if you don't want to. Your money would obviously be better spent with a psych evaluation and/or anger management classes. You stay classy, Hog Farmer...

Sully
10-27-2006, 11:06 AM
So...
...putting Hog Farmer down for $20?

$20?

...Better make it $50.

Rooster
10-27-2006, 11:10 AM
So...
...putting Hog Farmer down for $20?

$20?

...Better make it $50.

ROFL ROFL

Dartgod
10-27-2006, 11:19 AM
I would call this asking for donations you dumbass!I understand that there is a large percentage of people here who would never spend that much to keep a pet alive. I'm a dog lover and I certainly would have a hard time forking over that much money.

That said, the original poster has been nothing but respectful in his requests and I think personal attacks like this are unwarranted and embarrassing to the rest of the community.

StcChief
10-27-2006, 11:24 AM
I understand that there is a large percentage of people here who would never spend that much to keep a pet alive. I'm a dog lover and I certainly would have a hard time forking over that much money.

That said, the original poster has been nothing but respectful in his requests and I think personal attacks like this are unwarranted and embarrassing to the rest of the community.I agree.

I guess Doctor's aren't lawyers and don't do PRO-BONO work for charity causes.

Justlisten
10-27-2006, 11:25 AM
For those who think the dog has suffered and should have been put down.....

My parents, years ago had a 8 month old siberian huskey that was struck by a car. She had much the same injuries as this dog. The Vet professors at WSU performed the surgery, much like what was done with this dog. She went through about 3 months of rehab. Most of this time was spent trying to keep her from running all over the place.

To make a long story short, she lived a nice long 14 years, suffered no ill effects from the injuries and was one of the fastest and quickest turning huskies I have ever been around.

She had a great life and it was worth every dollar to get her fixed.

Hog Farmer
10-27-2006, 11:26 AM
You do understand that I am a dumbass, right? I mean, obviously I can't read...is it comprehension I have a problem with? Secondly, the MoKan Boxer rescue is only asking those that are stupid enough to throw away their hard earned money for help. No one is expecting the worthless little mutt to survive anyway. Your money would obviously be better spent giving it to a whino standing on the street corner. You stay classy, Hog Farmer...

ROFL

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I understand that there is a large percentage of people here who would never spend that much to keep a pet alive. I'm a dog lover and I certainly would have a hard time forking over that much money.

That said, the original poster has been nothing but respectful in his requests and I think personal attacks like this are unwarranted and embarrassing to the rest of the community.

Thanks Dartgod, and to those who have voiced their opinion, either way. I've got to be honest. I am a huge dog fan, and I would have a tough decision to make with a $5000 vet bill as well. Ultimately, I consider my dogs my family and would do what it takes, but it wouldn't be an easy decision. The fact is, this dog has had the surgeries, and he will be fine. They aren't asking one person to give $5000, but they know that people will come together to help when the message is received by the right people. The MoKan Boxer rescue is only hoping to reach the people that wouldn't have heard about this otherwise.

Phobia
10-27-2006, 11:40 AM

True. I wish I had jack to throw around for injured dogs but I don't. If you can't or won't, shut up. This thread is no place to advertise that opinion. I don't think we should spend hundreds of thousands of dollars keeping old folks alive either, but I don't sling that opinion around on a prayer request thread. I hope your friends get the money they need, Imualphabet.

Dartgod
10-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Hog Farmer has a history of taking a dump on "My dog just died" threads anyway, so this latest display of classlessness (is that even a word?) doesn't surprise me.

Bill Lundberg
10-27-2006, 11:57 AM
We got our first boxer, Tanner through MoKan. They are a great organization.

rageeumr
10-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Imualphabet.

I like it.

Chiefnj
10-27-2006, 12:10 PM
You should send the request letter to PETA and the Humane Society. They get millions in donations money. I'm sure they could spare some spare change for a dog in need.

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 12:24 PM
We got our first boxer, Tanner through MoKan. They are a great organization.

Those are both good looking boxers Lundberg. We got both of ours before we heard about MoKan, but think we'll be adopting our next one from them. We've had medical problems with both of ours ranging from parvo right when we got our boy, Bosley, to cancer, and now our girl, Layla, just tore her 2nd ACL after fulling healing on the 1st. Each of these required expensive surgeries, but they are family, and we couldn't convince ourselves to do anything but get them healthy again.

vailpass
10-27-2006, 12:44 PM
True. I wish I had jack to throw around for injured dogs but I don't. If you can't or won't, shut up. This thread is no place to advertise that opinion. I don't think we should spend hundreds of thousands of dollars keeping old folks alive either, but I don't sling that opinion around on a prayer request thread. I hope your friends get the money they need, Imualphabet.

"I'm being repressed, I'm being repressed! Come witness the violence inherent in the system!" LMAO

In which threads is it okay with you for people to express their opinion that wasting $5k on a dog too damned dumb to get out of the road is a fool's errand?

Edit: BTW, am I the only one who finds it very creepy when the writer refers to the dog as "little puppy boy"? There are some real animal weirdos out there who can't tell the difference between animals and humans.

BIG_DADDY
10-27-2006, 12:53 PM
You should send the request letter to PETA and the Humane Society. They get millions in donations money. I'm sure they could spare some spare change for a dog in need.

Naw their too busy spending that money on jet planes and the breakfast of cruelty campaign. I wonder what they spend annually just trying to kill all the bully's

vailpass
10-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Naw their too busy spending that money on jet planes and the breakfast of cruelty campaign. I wonder what they spend annually just trying to kill all the bully's

Are those stories I read saying PETA conned vets into giving them animals only to turn around and kill them/throw them in dumpsters true?

BIG_DADDY
10-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Are those stories I read saying PETA conned vets into giving them animals only to turn around and kill them/throw them in dumpsters true?

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/2833

31 Felony Counts of Animal Cruelty.

Inspector
10-27-2006, 01:52 PM
My mom has donated money to the Save the Saint Bernard people and she gets daily scam emails from a variety of folks to give more. I tried to tell her she is now on the suckers list.

She even sent one to me where this guy was trying to get people to send him $1 so he could bring a puppy back from Iraq.

I guess there are enough guillible people in the world to make these scams worth the time and trouble.

Yeah, $5k to help your dog. Uh huh. But I was going to use that dough on some beach property in Kansas.....

Inspector
10-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm an animal lover and all, but I smell a scam from a mile away.

Sorry, just not easily fooled. But good luck. There are plenty of suckers in the world to keep you rolling in dough.

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm an animal lover and all, but I smell a scam from a mile away.

Sorry, just not easily fooled. But good luck. There are plenty of suckers in the world to keep you rolling in dough.

You have a very sensitive nose if you can smell a scam from a mile away when it involves a well established 501c3 non-profit organization that helps abused dogs. If you'd like, check out more info on MoKan Boxer Rescue @ www.midwestboxerrescues.com . Or talk to someone who has personally adopted a dog from them by talking to Bill Lumberg on this board. I don't know what makes you think these donations are coming to me, but it's a good conspiracy theory nonetheless. The people that give their time to volunteer for the MoKan Boxer Rescue do it strictly for their love of animals and the Boxer breed. Come to one of the monthly MoKan Boxer Adoption days at Petco @ 11620 West 95th Street (across from Oak Park mall) someday and see for yourself. I'll be there volunteering, and I'll be happy to show you that no one is trying to "fool you".

Inspector
10-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Sorry, the bad ones make it difficult for all.

I've seen people get ripped off too many times.

And yeah, my nose is very in tune to these email or message board pleas.

You should solicit other "save some breed of dog" message boards. You'd probably have better luck.

Dogs are fine, but in my book humans still rank a lot higher. My donations go to help children. sorry.

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Sorry, the bad ones make it difficult for all.

I've seen people get ripped off too many times.

And yeah, my nose is very in tune to these email or message board pleas.

You should solicit other "save some breed of dog" message boards. You'd probably have better luck.

Dogs are fine, but in my book humans still rank a lot higher. My donations go to help children. sorry.

And if you had read through the post, you would have seen that I too donate most of my money to help children. I lost my brother to Leukemia when he was 5, and knowing what he and my parents went through kills me. Like I've said before, I'm not asking you to take money from one donation and give to this. There are a lot of good causes out there, and I just figured a few people on this board might agree that this is one of them. I have already heard good things from enough people here that I know it wasn't a fool's errand. If you honestly think, with all the support that I've given you, that this is akin to some Nigerian email scam, then that's a sad state of affairs.
Thanks.

Inspector
10-27-2006, 02:38 PM
And if you had read through the post, you would have seen that I too donate most of my money to help children. I lost my brother to Leukemia when he was 5, and knowing what he and my parents went through kills me. Like I've said before, I'm not asking you to take money from one donation and give to this. There are a lot of good causes out there, and I just figured a few people on this board might agree that this is one of them. I have already heard good things from enough people here that I know it wasn't a fool's errand. If you honestly think, with all the support that I've given you, that this is akin to some Nigerian email scam, then that's a sad state of affairs.
Thanks.

Sorry about your brother.

Good luck on your quest.

Iowanian
10-27-2006, 03:00 PM
I'mmamabukake seems very determined in her quest to fund Scoobie's rhinoplasty. I hope its successful. There are surely enough dog nuts who'll fork over some loot.

GoodDaySir!
10-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Dog threads get a bump.

Inspector
10-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Wonder how many death row mutts could be saved with the dough spent on the expensive breeds?

Maybe that's the difference between a true dog lover and one who is hooked on a particular breed.

I really don't know.

BIG_DADDY
10-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Wonder how many death row mutts could be saved with the dough spent on the expensive breeds?

Maybe that's the difference between a true dog lover and one who is hooked on a particular breed.

I really don't know.

You're going to own the dog for a long time, get what you want.

Inspector
10-27-2006, 03:17 PM
You're going to own the dog for a long time, get what you want.

Yeah, that makes sense.

My wife had a cat (now gone, whew) so we just never had a dog. Might consider it now.

My sister-in-law used to rescue dogs all the time from the pounds. She would get them shots and stuff and then try to find to find them homes. When she died (age 43 - breast cancer) she had a 10 acre farm with a whole lot of dogs.

BIG_DADDY
10-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Yeah, that makes sense.

My wife had a cat (now gone, whew) so we just never had a dog. Might consider it now.

My sister-in-law used to rescue dogs all the time from the pounds. She would get them shots and stuff and then try to find to find them homes. When she died (age 43 - breast cancer) she had a 10 acre farm with a whole lot of dogs.

La Russa has a resue and training place in Walnut Creek with 100% placement. One of the few organizations claiming to help animals that actually does. http://www.arf.net/

Hog Farmer
10-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Okay, I give in Mr. Imumama. If you will just furnish me with your account number I will have the money wired to your bank. After all I do this all the time for those poor people in Nigeria.

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Okay, I give in Mr. Imumama. If you will just furnish me with your account number I will have the money wired to your bank. After all I do this all the time for those poor people in Nigeria.

Wow Hogfarmer...I guess I gave you credit for being able to read a bit too soon. Try looking up a few posts and if your mind can put together the syllables you'll see that I already beat you to the Nigerian email scam connection. Keep up the good work. This board would be lost without you.

Hog Farmer
10-27-2006, 03:48 PM
So.... hows that collection thingy goin. Ya got enough to buy a box of bullets yet?

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
So.... hows that collection thingy goin. Ya got enough to buy a box of bullets yet?

I couldn't tell you...I have nothing to do with the collection of the funds. My intent was only to help get the word out to those that care. It just so happens that you opened your mouth and got me fired up. It's funny how classless so many of your colleagues here think you are. Your opinion and general attitude toward life make me glad that I'm not such a sad, classless individual. It's tough to act that angry all the time, I'm sure.

MOhillbilly
10-27-2006, 04:11 PM
while your request is noble reality is reality.

no dog is worth a 5k repair job.

and hogfarmer is just saying what 99% of all farmers would say.

BIG_DADDY
10-27-2006, 04:15 PM

Agreed, unless the dog was Mayday or something. :)

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 04:18 PM

I completely see your point. However, the reality is that not everyone in the world is a farmer, and there are a lot of people that do think a dog is worth a 5k repair job. I was only hoping that this would reach a few of the people that feel that way. Obviously, on a medium such as this, it's going to reach classless angry people like hogfarmer as well...you have to take the good with the bad.

BIG_DADDY
10-27-2006, 04:36 PM
I completely see your point. However, the reality is that not everyone in the world is a farmer, and there are a lot of people that do think a dog is worth a 5k repair job. I was only hoping that this would reach a few of the people that feel that way. Obviously, on a medium such as this, it's going to reach classless angry people like hogfarmer as well...you have to take the good with the bad.

Being a farm guy doesn't make you classless. It's cool what you're doing for the dog, many just question if the 5k could have done a lot more than save this one dog even if you wanted to be breed specific.

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Big Daddy...it's not the fact that he's a farmer that makes him classless...see his quote below for clarification on his lack of class.

And like I said, I knew that there would be people that didn't agree with what MoKan did to save the boxer's life...but I was also betting that there would be some others that did care. And I was right on both accounts.

ImuMamalukabubuday
10-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Being a farm guy doesn't make you classless. It's cool what you're doing for the dog, many just question if the 5k could have done a lot more than save this one dog even if you wanted to be breed specific.

Also, the MoKan Boxer Rescue does not turn away any boxer in need of help. If you check out their site, they help tons of dogs. They typically don't have to raise money like this, but the dog's injuries required more desperate measures. They also work closely with other rescue groups to make sure other breeds are helped when necessary. So, ultimately, they will help any dog. The money it costs to help this dog will not take their efforts away from others. Hope that helps.