11/20
College Hoops 2K7
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Superman Returns
11/21
The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine

htismaqe
10-30-2006, 07:55 AM
I'm doing nothing right now but playing NCAA 2007.

Ultra Peanut
10-30-2006, 02:56 PM
There's a pretty major dashboard update coming early tomorrow.

Xbox 360 to Add More than 85 Enhancements with the Fall System Update and Raise the Bar for High Definition Interactive Gameplay and Entertainment

The fall update ushers in the 6th generation of Xbox Live, the world’s largest online gaming & entertainment network with four million members and growing everyday

Beginning the morning of Tuesday October 31, owners of the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft™ will be able to download a free system update that will provide more than 85 new features and enhancements, including support for native 1080p games and movies, faster Xbox Live Arcade game list display times and even more choices when it comes to video playback options.

This free update will be distributed via the Xbox Live® online gaming and entertainment network to all members (Xbox Live Silver and Xbox Live Gold) with no disc or hard drive required. Gamers without an Xbox Live account can easily sign up for free by connecting their console to a broadband Internet connection. Once online, downloading the update is fast and simple, and provides instant access to features such as:

Expanded HD Display and Video Playback Options
· With 1080p resolution, gamers now have the ability to enjoy both game and video content in the best HD resolution currently available.

· Expanded video playback options increase the ways gamers can enjoy video content on Xbox 360. It is now possible to stream WMV video from a Windows PC running Windows Media Player 11 or Windows Media Connect.

· Gamers can now play video files from data CDs and DVDs, as well as from storage devices like USB 2.0 flash drives and Xbox 360 Memory Units.

· Xbox 360 will support 50hz HDTV display modes, providing viewers greater choice in how they watch DVD and HD DVD content.

Xbox Live Arcade Enhancements
· Keeping up to date on Xbox Live Arcade games is now even more convenient with the ability to automatically download newly released Xbox Live Arcade trial games. This eliminates the need to manually search for new downloads on Xbox Live Marketplace each time a new game trial is released.

· Fast enumeration of games: you’ll see the games in your Xbox Live Arcade collection appear almost instantly. Get in and play right away.

· With so many games to choose from, Xbox Live Arcade added new sorting options such as “Recently Played” and “By Category.” These enhancements make managing Xbox Live Arcade collections faster and easier than ever.

· A new expanded Friends Leaderboard within Xbox Live Arcade allows gamers to compare themselves directly against their friends and view leaderboard details of their top 10 friends.

· A new expanded Achievements View within Xbox Live Arcade lets gamers view their full Achievement details for their Xbox Live Arcade games including descriptions, icons, allotted Gamerscore and more, right from the Xbox Live Arcade dashboard interface.

· The “Play Now” launch feature has been streamlined. Selecting “Play Now” after downloading a game in Xbox Live Marketplace now bypasses Xbox Live Arcade and takes you directly to the game.

· Xbox Live Arcade now offers a “Tell a Friend” feature. Select this option from the game info screen to send any friend on your friends list a message telling them about the Xbox Live Arcade game.

XNA Support
· Amateur game designers will be able to test and play the games they create using XNA Game Studio Express on their Xbox 360 systems when it launches later this year (separate download and subscription required).

These features and enhancements are just some of the improvements gamers can expect as part of the fall update. For a complete list of updates, visit http://www.xbox.com/live.

Microsoft is committed to providing Xbox 360 customers with the best online experience possible and delivering added value to Xbox Live Gold subscribers. Those subscribers will enjoy exclusive early access to special Xbox Live Marketplace content, such as game demos, free game add-ons, free community videos, and free gamer pics and themes for up to one week in advance of their general release. Paid downloadable content remains available at the same time for both Xbox Live Silver and Xbox Live Gold subscribers.

Through these regular updates, the way gamers are connected to their friends and entertainment is constantly evolving and improving. With more than 4-million Xbox Live members to date, Xbox 360 has proven itself as the premiere gaming platform of choice.

htismaqe
10-30-2006, 02:59 PM
There's a pretty major dashboard update coming early tomorrow.

Like what?

Any word on bugs? It seems they've released some updates that caused alot of problems...

wutamess
10-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Upgrade me... I'm on 360 b!tches!
http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/QiQass.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/QiQass)

GoodDaySir!
10-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Waiting patiently on Gears of War.....if you have a 360 this is one of those 'must own' games.

icepick64
11-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Waiting patiently on Gears of War.....if you have a 360 this is one of those 'must own' games.

Just got done downloading/playing the rainbow 6 vegas demo, and all I can say is damn! This game rocks. Never been into rainbow 6 games but this game is sweet. Gonna put the preorder down when I pick up my gears next week can't wait. This is why I bought the 360 damnit.

ChiefFan31
11-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Just pre-ordered Gears of War from Circuit yesterday. Free faceplate, which is pretty cool. I cant wait.

I havent done the X-box Live thing. Im afraid I will like it too much and never want to leave the house.

GoodDaySir!
11-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Right now my main game is Madden. I am not afraid to admit though that I have spent as much time playing Pac-Man on X-Box live arcade the last week. The classics never die.

ZootedGranny
11-02-2006, 01:50 AM
I havent done the X-box Live thing. Im afraid I will like it too much and never want to leave the house.

You'll become less enamored with Xbox Live the more you play with complete strangers. That's why I try to stick to my friend's list.

Judge Smails
11-02-2006, 06:33 AM
You'll become less enamored with Xbox Live the more you play with complete strangers. That's why I try to stick to my friend's list.

That was my problem too. Between dickheads quiting as soon as I took the lead in Madden, whiners complaining about "not throwing strikes" in baseball, and 14 year olds kicking my ass while asking me how to talk to girls, I cancelled my Xbox live.

htismaqe
11-02-2006, 07:46 AM
Right now my main game is Madden. I am not afraid to admit though that I have spent as much time playing Pac-Man on X-Box live arcade the last week. The classics never die.

ROFL

Take a look at my gamercard. I've spent ALOT of time play Live Arcade because I compete with my wife for Achievements...

I'm not ashamed to say I've spent HOURS playing Zuma and Bejewelled 2.

Robo-Chachi
11-02-2006, 07:51 AM
http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MwC+Tripp.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/MwC+Tripp)

I play COD2 pretty much exclusively up until next week when I'll get COD3. I hope to get RB6 as well.

For those of you who hate playing the general public I'll recommend the site where I built my friends list up to about 90 great people Married with Children Gamers (http://www.mwcgamers.com)

ChiefFan31
11-03-2006, 03:09 AM

I believe it. Only time I played was with my old roomate. We were playing his 15yr old nephew a game of Madden, we were whopping his ass, then all of the sudden..oops game got disconnected. That little turd. We called him up and talked shit to him though, so that was nice :D

That is the trick I would think. To get a group of online friends to play regularly, schedule times to meet online etc. A buddy of mine at work keeps wanting me to get on the BF2 PC online with him and his buddies. He is waaay to into it for me though.

I think I will get into the online thing in not too long. I still need to tie my Home Theater and my PC together.

orcinus
11-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Add me to the list, and thanks for the links.

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/orcinus+kc.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/orcinus+kc)

As much as I love GRAW, the teenaged kids with Celine Dion voices and sailor mouths running non-stop gets old real quick.

DrNick
11-04-2006, 06:26 AM
So...did this take the place of the "Handy Dandy XBL Gamertag Emporium Hut"?

Ultra Peanut
11-04-2006, 09:47 AM
So...did this take the place of the "Handy Dandy XBL Gamertag Emporium Hut"?More or less.

Ultra Peanut
11-04-2006, 11:55 AM
This has no right to be as funny as it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuKcWaDBnbY

It contains spoilers for the final Carnales mission in Saints Row.

Demonpenz
11-04-2006, 12:55 PM
you guys should wait for ps3

htismaqe
11-06-2006, 07:39 AM
you guys should wait for ps3

Get the **** out of here with that stupid shit.

Ultra Peanut
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM
I apparently just schooled the French national team in a motorcycle race in Test Drive Unlimited. Zinedine, Thierry, Claude, Djibril, Gregory, Sylvain, and Willy ain't got nothing on my Kawasaki Z1000.

Lono
11-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Add me Lono40, xbox classic

Ultra Peanut
11-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I know everyone's busy having orgasm after orgasm with GoW, but I must briefly interject to mention that Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is awesome in its own right. A veritable assload of fun, it is.

There's so much variety that I doubt I'll ever settle down with just a few characters. Deadpool, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Wolverine, Blade, Luke Cage, the Fantastic Four, Colossus, Moon Knight... too bad Nightcrawler's not playable.

ZootedGranny
11-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Marvel Ultimate Alliance is very fun, as is Test Drive (Psi, wait until you see the pure ignorance that is terrorwrist's painted car collection..we'll get together sometime soon).

One game that I think I'm going to be forced to buy is Viva Pinata. Despite the childish graphical look, the game itself is very dark, at least according to other's impressions. Forcing a son to **** his mother and then murdering their offspring with a shovel in order to advance in the game? Sounds good to me!

EDIT: Since Amazon has Viva for about $46 shipped, I had to get it. Plus, this commercial is rad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svg-DvNARKE#

Ultra Peanut
11-12-2006, 07:49 AM
One game that I think I'm going to be forced to buy is Viva Pinata. Despite the childish graphical look, the game itself is very dark, at least according to other's impressions. Forcing a son to **** his mother and then murdering their offspring with a shovel in order to advance in the game? Sounds good to me!Last night I saw some things about it that made me go, "God DAMN, that is disturbing! I must play this..."

Ultra Peanut
11-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Awesome. A recently-rescued Ghost Rider (who ****ing RULES) falls off the bleedin' ledge like a twat, then Spider-Woman and Blade succumb to the sheer numbers presented by Mephisto's minions. I then flit around with Deadpool like a chicken with my head cut off, manage to stay alive, and finally take down Mephisto all by my lonesome.

Jenson71
11-12-2006, 03:49 PM
I rented Call of Duty 3 for the first X-Box. It's fun. I'd play it more if I wasn't supposed to do homework.

ZootedGranny
11-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Awesome. A recently-rescued Ghost Rider (who ****ing RULES) falls off the bleedin' ledge like a twat, then Spider-Woman and Blade succumb to the sheer numbers presented by Mephisto's minions. I then flit around with Deadpool like a chicken with my head cut off, manage to stay alive, and finally take down Mephisto all by my lonesome.

You may be called to join Terrorwrist and I in battle tonight. It looks like you're a bit ahead of us, as we had just wrecked Mandarin. If we see you, we'll send you an invite if you're interested.

We usually roll with a combination of Deadpool, Wolverine, Iron Man (as War Machine) and either Captain America or Colossus.

Valiant
11-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Marvel Ultimate Alliance is very fun, as is Test Drive (Psi, wait until you see the pure ignorance that is terrorwrist's painted car collection..we'll get together sometime soon).

One game that I think I'm going to be forced to buy is Viva Pinata. Despite the childish graphical look, the game itself is very dark, at least according to other's impressions. Forcing a son to **** his mother and then murdering their offspring with a shovel in order to advance in the game? Sounds good to me!

EDIT: Since Amazon has Viva for about $46 shipped, I had to get it. Plus, this commercial is rad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svg-DvNARKE#

It said it is E for everyone.. That does not seem dark at all, you made it sound like it was going to get a M rating...

ZootedGranny
11-15-2006, 03:17 AM
Halo 3 Public Beta!?

Perhaps the biggest bomb that was dropped today, the MOAB of press announcements, was the indication of a public beta for Halo 3 coming next Spring. What exactly does this mean? Well, again we can’t really get into the details quite yet (notice a theme here?) but we can confirm that our fans will have an opportunity to play Halo 3 multiplayer over Xbox Live BEFORE the final game is available. You’ll be playing a little multiplayer and simultaneously providing us with some valuable data to help our development team. We’re still working out the details on timing and scope and there will be a lot more info coming in the weeks ahead. We can confirm that you will absolutely be required to have an Xbox 360. Probably not a huge surprise.

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?cid=9182

****ING SWEET

Woodrow Call
11-15-2006, 01:41 PM
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?cid=9182

****ING SWEET

That is awesome :clap:

DrNick
11-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Superman Returns demo is on the marketplace tonight...it's not terribly impressive, but is fun to mess around with. Nothing next gen, however.

However, I can't argue that is a ton of fun to pick a car up and hurl it into oblivion...or people, whichever is nearer. :D

ragedogg69
11-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Nothing next gen, however.

this is my biggest problem so far with this generation. superman returns is basically the same game regardless of which version you buy. the 360 is simply a port of the others. so you pay $60 for SR, when you can get the same experience for the ps2 for $40. /rant

htismaqe
11-16-2006, 09:32 AM
this is my biggest problem so far with this generation. superman returns is basically the same game regardless of which version you buy. the 360 is simply a port of the others. so you pay $60 for SR, when you can get the same experience for the ps2 for $40. /rant

NCAA 2007 is definitely NOT a port of the XBox version.

It really depends on what game you're playing.

And it's not gonna be any different on the PS3. It usually takes about a year for developers to really start tapping the potential of the box.

Ultra Peanut
11-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Superman Returns demo is on the marketplace tonight...it's not terribly impressive, but is fun to mess around with. Nothing next gen, however.

However, I can't argue that is a ton of fun to pick a car up and hurl it into oblivion...or people, whichever is nearer. :DYeah, it's pretty neat. Flying while initiating super speed is really cool.

The experience was helped by my realization that Superman is a dick (http://www.superdickery.com/), so I couldn't help but make dickish comments as I rescued/froze/****ed around with people and things..

ragedogg69
11-16-2006, 07:28 PM
NCAA 2007 is definitely NOT a port of the XBox version.

It really depends on what game you're playing.

And it's not gonna be any different on the PS3. It usually takes about a year for developers to really start tapping the potential of the box.

i never said it was. SR is a port. many other games are ports, and it sucks that this next generation wont really be that until the old generation dies off.

and you can make the case that ncaa was a port from madden 360 and in some ways that hurt the game. but thats another rant. :D

Ultra Peanut
11-16-2006, 09:22 PM
i never said it was. SR is a port. many other games are ports, and it sucks that this next generation wont really be that until the old generation dies off.The release of the PS3 and Wii will most likely hasten the end of the generation that us 360 owners have already buried.

htismaqe
11-17-2006, 09:06 AM
i never said it was. SR is a port. many other games are ports, and it sucks that this next generation wont really be that until the old generation dies off.

and you can make the case that ncaa was a port from madden 360 and in some ways that hurt the game. but thats another rant. :D

NCAA 2007 and Madden 2007 for the 360 have completely different game engines. The physics simulation engines aren't even closely related, let alone "ported".

htismaqe
11-17-2006, 09:08 AM

You said that "porting" was your biggest problem so far with "this generation".

This generation is the XBox 360.

In reality, your problem is with a SINGLE GAME - Superman Returns.

icepick64
11-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Haven't downloaded it yet, but I read the rainbow six vegas multiplayer demo is out on xbox live now. Another game I am looking foward too.

ragedogg69
11-17-2006, 06:40 PM
ncaa was built off the madden 360 engine. it was completely tweaked for the ncaa style but still contained some of maddens shot comings.

fine, replace SR with [insert any game that went across all platforms and cost $20 more on 360 with no basic difference.]

htismaqe
11-19-2006, 11:28 AM
ncaa was built off the madden 360 engine. it was completely tweaked for the ncaa style but still contained some of maddens shot comings.

fine, replace SR with [insert any game that went across all platforms and cost $20 more on 360 with no basic difference.]

Are you saying NCAA's game engine is last year's Madden? That I could buy, but it's not even close to this year's Madden. From what I've seen this year's Madden is not last year's Madden.

And yes, cross-platform games are often ports. It was like that with the XBox and PS2, why would you expect it to be any different with the XBox 360?

FWIW, the PS3 will have the same exact issue.

KevB
11-24-2006, 08:43 AM
So I went to MicroCenter today and picked up an XBOX 360 ($100 rebate). I already have a fairly nice PC that will run all the latest games, but getting a 360 with Gears of War, COD3, and Halo3 down the road.....I couldn't resist. Now I have a bit of buyers remorse, and I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it. Heck, I have to spend another $220 just to get one game, the wireless network connection and Gold Live.

I have a 7 and 5 year old, so I'm trying to rationalize it also by saying they can use it also (just a few kid games so far). The thing that makes me think "keep it", is it's ability to serve as a media center for my plasma. I have pics and video burned on my pc, and this should allow me to view on the TV hooked up to the XBOX, correct?

GoTrav
11-24-2006, 11:22 AM
So I went to MicroCenter today and picked up an XBOX 360 ($100 rebate). I already have a fairly nice PC that will run all the latest games, but getting a 360 with Gears of War, COD3, and Halo3 down the road.....I couldn't resist. Now I have a bit of buyers remorse, and I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it. Heck, I have to spend another $220 just to get one game, the wireless network connection and Gold Live.

I have a 7 and 5 year old, so I'm trying to rationalize it also by saying they can use it also (just a few kid games so far). The thing that makes me think "keep it", is it's ability to serve as a media center for my plasma. I have pics and video burned on my pc, and this should allow me to view on the TV hooked up to the XBOX, correct?

yep, you can share video, pictures and music from your PC with Media Connect. The 360 has replaced my new DVD player which I bought after the 360. I didn't realize how good of a media center the 360 really was.

htismaqe
11-24-2006, 11:47 AM

There's your reason to keep it.

Three words:

XBox Live Arcade

My kids AND wife LOVE the arcade games - particularly Feeding Frenzy and Zuma.

KevB
11-24-2006, 11:49 AM
There's your reason to keep it.

Three words:

XBox Live Arcade

My kids AND wife LOVE the arcade games - particularly Feeding Frenzy and Zuma.

I knew I could count on you guys.

How much do the arcade games cost?

htismaqe
11-24-2006, 12:31 PM
I knew I could count on you guys.

How much do the arcade games cost?

They cost "points" that you can buy on redeemable points cards.

Most of the games are between 400 and 800 points. The cards run about $20 for 1600 points.

So the games themselves are about $5.

And some of them are classic arcade games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Smash TV.

KevB
11-24-2006, 01:05 PM
They cost "points" that you can buy on redeemable points cards.

Most of the games are between 400 and 800 points. The cards run about $20 for 1600 points.

So the games themselves are about $5.

And some of them are classic arcade games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Smash TV.

Wife and kids would enjoy Pac-Man. I prefer Galaga. Might have to give that one a whirl for old time's sake. Thanks alot for the info.

QuikSsurfer
11-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Wife and kids would enjoy Pac-Man. I prefer Galaga. Might have to give that one a whirl for old time's sake. Thanks alot for the info.
you have to download the Geometry Wars demo.

Jenson71
11-24-2006, 03:38 PM
My brother wants an XBox 360 but my parents say he can't have it, cause he needs to do his homework. Dang. I thought this might be my chance to get to play it when I came over.

KevB
11-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I guess the next question is....which games to buy first? I'm more of a shooter/sports game guy....don't really have the time or patience for RPG. Here's my Christmas list, in order of "want":

Gears of War
COD 3
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Madden
NBA 2K7

Any other recommendations?

htismaqe
11-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I guess the next question is....which games to buy first? I'm more of a shooter/sports game guy....don't really have the time or patience for RPG. Here's my Christmas list, in order of "want":

Gears of War
COD 3
Madden
NBA 2K7

Any other recommendations?

Personally, I've been playing NCAA 2007 for about 2 months solid and I'll still be playing it when I get some games for Christmas...

Ultra Peanut
11-24-2006, 06:41 PM

Gears of War
COD 3
Madden
NBA 2K7

Any other recommendations?Gears of War is incredible. I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer, but damn if it didn't feel amazing to run a chainsaw through a mother****er for my first online kill. It's surprisingly accessible and well-built for the console, too.

QuikSsurfer
11-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Gears of War is incredible. I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer, but damn if it didn't feel amazing to run a chainsaw through a mother****er for my first online kill. It's surprisingly accessible and well-built for the console, too.
yeah the chainsaw is fun, till you have everyone on the map chasing after you for that one touch kill.. i hate that shit.. though it's pretty easy to defend (just shoot the ****er chasing u with the chainsaw and it'll cut off, briefly.
i've had a lot of fun with the MP
but have had MORE fun with CoD3 MP

Bowser
11-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Anybody with a 360 played Quake 4? I'm a fan of the Quake/Doom series and was curious if it would be worth the purchase when I snag my 360.

QuikSsurfer
11-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Anybody with a 360 played Quake 4? I'm a fan of the Quake/Doom series and was curious if it would be worth the purchase when I snag my 360.
i can't tell you how many hours/years i've spent playing quake III arena - my fav FPS.
Quake 4 is a great game... for a mouse and keyboard
it is way too fast actioned for analog sticks, IMO.
another problem is finding games on xbox live.. the lobbies are almost ALWAYS empty.. sucks
download the demo off the marketplace (if you're connected with live)

Ultra Peanut
11-25-2006, 07:20 AM
I think my best friend pissed his pants last night when the Berserker exploded through the wall and murdered both of us.

I know I did.

Bowser
11-25-2006, 09:38 AM
i can't tell you how many hours/years i've spent playing quake III arena - my fav FPS.
Quake 4 is a great game... for a mouse and keyboard
it is way too fast actioned for analog sticks, IMO. Interesting take. Not sure why, but I seem to be more adept with the controller than on a keyboard (with the exception being Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I destroyed that game.), probably because I get too worked up hitting the wrong button and pull an act that resembles that German kid having fits.
another problem is finding games on xbox live.. the lobbies are almost ALWAYS empty.. sucks
download the demo off the marketplace (if you're connected with live)

Isn't that because Halo Online >>>>>>>>>> all else? My buddy said he went to play Doom online and it was a complete waste of time, mainly because it couldn't touch Halo's setup. I just kind of thought that about the rest of the FPS games.

Don't have the 360 yet, but it's coming. Just trying to get a gauge of what games are worth the 50-60 bucks.

QuikSsurfer
11-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Interesting take. Not sure why, but I seem to be more adept with the controller than on a keyboard (with the exception being Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I destroyed that game.), probably because I get too worked up hitting the wrong button and pull an act that resembles that German kid having fits.

Isn't that because Halo Online >>>>>>>>>> all else? My buddy said he went to play Doom online and it was a complete waste of time, mainly because it couldn't touch Halo's setup. I just kind of thought that about the rest of the FPS games.

Don't have the 360 yet, but it's coming. Just trying to get a gauge of what games are worth the 50-60 bucks.

no, halo isn't the reason for quakes empty lobbies. Gears of War and Call of duty 2 and 3 both have a tremendous amount of activity on their servers. the reason is, not a lot of people play Quake 4 for the 360.. of course, that's different with the pc and mac.

Fruit Ninja
11-26-2006, 03:49 PM
What games are worth playing? I just bought a 360, and i need to know what are good games. I gave up on trying to get a nintendo, plus i already had a xbox live subscription, i am ready to go back to play online. I am making my return to online play. lol

I prefer action and sports games, not a fan of single player rpg's.

GoTrav
12-04-2006, 08:49 AM
What games are worth playing? I just bought a 360, and i need to know what are good games. I gave up on trying to get a nintendo, plus i already had a xbox live subscription, i am ready to go back to play online. I am making my return to online play. lol

I prefer action and sports games, not a fan of single player rpg's.

Gears of War and Madden.

Fruit Ninja
12-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Gears of War and Madden.
I been playing madden, getting better at it. been stuck on Tomb Raider the last few days though.

Gamer Tag is kcxiv if anyone wants to play some madden or something.

icepick64
12-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Anyone getting games for xmas? I am wanting FEAR and Battle for middle earth 2. I have GoW and Rainbow 6, and madden :whackit: , any games you all would recommend?

wutamess
12-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Is it me or all games are getting boring?
R6 (similar to Halo) is getting stupid & redundant.
GoW is redundant also - Although story mode rocks.
Madden's AI sucks - no gang tackling - ball going through people - bombs are too easy to complete.

I'm looking for a first person game similar to Ghost Recon & /or GR Island Thunder.

Ghost Recon fugged up big time when the went away from the gameplay of the original & Island Thunder.

Now these games are too unrealistic. The take cover feature in GoW & R6 are too unpredictable and make it hard to shoot to your side while taking cover.

The original Ghost Recon mastered this as you could peak your head around the corner - there was no you can see around the corner by moving the right thumb stick because of the 3rd person mode.

I've heard FEAR is dumb also.

Hoping it gets better than what's currently out there.

QuikSsurfer
12-07-2006, 09:59 PM
i'll pick up need for speed carbon in the next few days.. i'm really looking forward to Lost Planet (out in june)
i'm most excited about The Lord of the Rings - The White Council .... this rpg sounds awesome.. and if they throw the fighting engine in from oblivion should be sweet.
http://www.ea.com/lotr/white_council/concept.jsp

QuikSsurfer
12-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Is it me or all games are getting boring?
R6 (similar to Halo) is getting stupid & redundant.
GoW is redundant also - Although story mode rocks.
Madden's AI sucks - no gang tackling - ball going through people - bombs are too easy to complete.

I'm looking for a first person game similar to Ghost Recon & /or GR Island Thunder.

Ghost Recon fugged up big time when the went away from the gameplay of the original & Island Thunder.

Now these games are too unrealistic. The take cover feature in GoW & R6 are too unpredictable and make it hard to shoot to your side while taking cover.

The original Ghost Recon mastered this as you could peak your head around the corner - there was no you can see around the corner by moving the right thumb stick because of the 3rd person mode.

I've heard FEAR is dumb also.

Hoping it gets better than what's currently out there.
F.E.A.R. is definitely not dumb. you should play it.. download the demo.

Fruit Ninja
12-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Madden is lame, i thought i was going to get hooked on it, and i didnt. It has the exact same plays as the 2005 madden on xbox. I understand that some plays will be the same, but they havent changed AT ALL. I took the game back after renting it, and i have no desire to play it.

Tomb Raider was a damn fun game, was a bit short, but i enjoyed it alot. Also, been playing fight night round 3. its a pretty good game, but kinda easy as well.

I will be trying out Gears of War soon, Also, i heard a game called Lost Planet is supposed to be pretty damn amazing.

Sam Hall
12-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Anybody played Tiger Woods 2007 or Fight Night Round 3?

htismaqe
12-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Several people here said FNR3 is a kickass game. I'm going to buy it when I'm done with NCAA.

Woodrow Call
12-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Anybody played Tiger Woods 2007 or Fight Night Round 3?

Fight Night is awesome. It's a must own title IMO.

Sam Hall
12-09-2006, 09:29 PM
For you guys playing EA Sports games, has EA fixed the annoying glitches we've seen throughout the years? I've heard complaints about online play.

KcMizzou
12-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Fight Night is awesome. It's a must own title IMO.It is. Amazing graphics.

I also love the lack of any sort of on-screen display. (If you want to know what kind of shape your boxer is in, you judge by his bruised and bloodied face and slowed reaction time.)

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 01:25 AM
It is. Amazing graphics.

I also love the lack of any sort of on-screen display. (If you want to know what kind of shape your boxer is in, you judge by his bruised and bloodied face and slowed reaction time.) Yep, thats what makes the game fun. You can also tell by the commentators. Its a pretty damn fun game. The Training is pretty horrible though. The actual game play is pretty damn fun. I wanna play online. If anyone wants to get a boxing match online hit me up on here or send me a game /friends request on xboxlive kcxiv.

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 01:26 AM
For you guys playing EA Sports games, has EA fixed the annoying glitches we've seen throughout the years? I've heard complaints about online play.
I played only about 4-5 online games on Madden. It was ok, but when playing against a running QB is pretty damn frustrating, because they just run behind the LOS til someone gets open. Your Dline cant even get close to running down the QB.

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 01:33 AM
http://sports.ign.com/articles/750/750189p1.html

it wont have the NFL license. I just hope this is correct, becuase i cannot wait to play a 2k football game again. If this rumor is true i will have this game the first day its out.

I cannot stand Madden. Thank god.

htismaqe
12-10-2006, 05:59 AM

That's kind of a strange question. Lots of games have glitches, it's not unique to EA.

What specifically are you talking about?

I'm not a Madden fan, but NCAA on the 360 is a superb game.

htismaqe
12-10-2006, 06:02 AM
http://sports.ign.com/articles/750/750189p1.html

it wont have the NFL license. I just hope this is correct, becuase i cannot wait to play a 2k football game again. If this rumor is true i will have this game the first day its out.

I cannot stand Madden. Thank god.

That article is a whole lot of wishful thinking.

You may be one of 500 or so people in the entire world that will pay for an NFL game that features nostalgic, rather than current, players.

If the author truly thinks EA will feel any pressure from this, he's sadly mistaken.

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 09:07 AM

You may be one of 500 or so people in the entire world that will pay for an NFL game that features nostalgic, rather than current, players.

If the author truly thinks EA will feel any pressure from this, he's sadly mistaken.
Have you played madden? its pretty damn horrible.

While 2k may not break sales records of Madden,i can pretty much gaurantee that the gameplay will be better, if it in fact does come out.

EA sports is sloppy at making games.

And believe me there is alot more then 500 people that will buy the game. EA is just lazy at making games. They have no reason to improve thier product. And i als wouldnt be shocked if the game is released at 30 bucks or so.

Personally, i dont care if i dont get the game everyone is playing. They can be sucker and pay 60 bucks for a horrible game. I will be playing a game that is fun. Well if its true, if not, then whats another year without a football game. its been 2 years already.

icepick64
12-10-2006, 09:27 AM

I'll buy it....2k football was frickin awesome. It also had its fair share of glitches but I always wondered what could have been had it kept evolving..

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2006, 11:04 AM
And believe me there is alot more then 500 people that will buy the game.Okay. Let's say... 20,000.

Still not going to concern EA.

I'd love a generic 2k football game, but it's not going to happen.

htismaqe
12-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Have you played madden? its pretty damn horrible.

While 2k may not break sales records of Madden,i can pretty much gaurantee that the gameplay will be better, if it in fact does come out.

EA sports is sloppy at making games.

And believe me there is alot more then 500 people that will buy the game. EA is just lazy at making games. They have no reason to improve thier product. And i als wouldnt be shocked if the game is released at 30 bucks or so.

Personally, i dont care if i dont get the game everyone is playing. They can be sucker and pay 60 bucks for a horrible game. I will be playing a game that is fun. Well if its true, if not, then whats another year without a football game. its been 2 years already.

Seriously, you need to open your eyes.

1) An NFL game without today's NFL players isn't going to sell.

2) Let's be generous and assume it sells 500K copies. That's about 1/8th of what this year's Madden will end up at.

Be honest with yourself - Madden could play identical to 1986's Tecmo Bowl and people would wait in line 24 hours to buy it.

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Seriously, you need to open your eyes.

1) An NFL game without today's NFL players isn't going to sell.

2) Let's be generous and assume it sells 500K copies. That's about 1/8th of what this year's Madden will end up at.

Be honest with yourself - Madden could play identical to 1986's Tecmo Bowl and people would wait in line 24 hours to buy it.
It will sell, it just wont be mainstream. there is tons of faithful 2k players that will buy any football 2k puts out. it wont even come close to madden sales and they arent expecting it too. thats just fine with me though. I know alot of guys over on the 2k forums that will play and i will have fun competeting against them online. For me thats all i need.

Also, i could care less what madden puts out. They dissapoint me year and and year out. I wont buy it. So they can have all the people they want standing in line.

htismaqe
12-10-2006, 04:15 PM
It will sell, it just wont be mainstream. there is tons of faithful 2k players that will buy any football 2k puts out. it wont even come close to madden sales and they arent expecting it too. thats just fine with me though. I know alot of guys over on the 2k forums that will play and i will have fun competeting against them online. For me thats all i need.

Also, i could care less what madden puts out. They dissapoint me year and and year out. I wont buy it. So they can have all the people they want standing in line.

That's all well and good.

But it doesn't at all relate to the article you posted.

The article said that the new 2K offering is going to force EA to make improvements. Nothing could be further from the truth. This new 2K game won't even register on EA's radar, let alone move them to act.

Fruit Ninja
12-10-2006, 05:03 PM
That's all well and good.

But it doesn't at all relate to the article you posted.

The article said that the new 2K offering is going to force EA to make improvements. Nothing could be further from the truth. This new 2K game won't even register on EA's radar, let alone move them to act.
all i care about is a better football game. I dont give a **** what EA does. I only posted the link, because i know there is others that wanna play a football game thats worth playing and is fun. Not wher eyou can run your quarterback for 10 min behind the LOS so a wide out can get open.

wutamess
12-10-2006, 09:18 PM
all i care about is a better football game. I dont give a **** what EA does. I only posted the link, because i know there is others that wanna play a football game thats worth playing and is fun. Not wher eyou can run your quarterback for 10 min behind the LOS so a wide out can get open.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 10:17 AM
And like I said, we'll see what you're saying about it when you actually play it.

While great gameplay might be well and good, I'm not going out on a limb predicting that you'll lose interest quickly when you're forced to play with the Kansas City Indians with blue uniforms.

Redrum_69
12-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Whats your favorite class/race combo in Oblivion?

Fruit Ninja
12-12-2006, 12:35 AM
And like I said, we'll see what you're saying about it when you actually play it.

While great gameplay might be well and good, I'm not going out on a limb predicting that you'll lose interest quickly when you're forced to play with the Kansas City Indians with blue uniforms.
ITs better then no football like i am playing right now. So it cant be bad at all.

Mecca
12-12-2006, 01:32 AM
2K kicks ass at basketball games......if anyone here other than me is playing their NBA and NCAA games they also know, those games are great.

QuikSsurfer
12-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Whats your favorite class/race combo in Oblivion?
tough question.. i'd go with the Dark Elves though.. immune to fire

Redrum_69
12-12-2006, 07:59 AM
I have an orc fighter/thief/mage

Hes not too bright for the mage class...

the other is a dark elf named Drizzt assassin....sneak+backstab is great fun

Fruit Ninja
12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
2K kicks ass at basketball games......if anyone here other than me is playing their NBA and NCAA games they also know, those games are great.
I was thinking of trying the nba2k7 game fairly soon, just going to get done with fight night 3 to get my credits, then going to check out the nba game.

GO LAKERS

htismaqe
12-12-2006, 02:39 PM
I was thinking of trying the nba2k7 game fairly soon, just going to get done with fight night 3 to get my credits, then going to check out the nba game.

GO LAKERS

CH2K6 is in my top 10 games of ALL TIME.

Yes, it's that good.

Mecca
12-13-2006, 12:46 AM
CH2K6 is in my top 10 games of ALL TIME.

Yes, it's that good.

This years is alot like that.......it's a little easier to shoot FT's but the computer generally plays smarter. If you don't have good 3 point shooters you'll face 2-3 zone almost all game every game.

Fruit Ninja
12-14-2006, 12:52 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7915937&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat94400050008&id=1149208178194

need that controller just to have it.

listopencil
12-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Okay. Let's say... 20,000.

Still not going to concern EA.

I'd love a generic 2k football game, but it's not going to happen.

Your XBOX 360 is really needy.

http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=Psitothecosis

htismaqe
12-14-2006, 08:49 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7915937&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat94400050008&id=1149208178194

need that controller just to have it.

It would be neat to have.

It's AWFUL to use. The MadCatz controllers have a serious design flaw in the trigger buttons.

The original 360 controllers have a raised sheath that house the trigger buttons. The MadCatz controllers have no sheath, the trigger buttons are exposed kind of like a light switch. Why is this important?

Because you can't set the MadCatz controller down. Setting it on any surface accidentally engages the trigger buttons.

Woodrow Call
12-14-2006, 09:23 AM

It's AWFUL to use. The MadCatz controllers have a serious design flaw in the trigger buttons.

The original 360 controllers have a raised sheath that house the trigger buttons. The MadCatz controllers have no sheath, the trigger buttons are exposed kind of like a light switch. Why is this important?

Because you can't set the MadCatz controller down. Setting it on any surface accidentally engages the trigger buttons.

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering buying one.

Cochise
12-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Testing:

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Mark66517.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>

Cochise
12-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Ok, I dunno why that doesn't look like the others, but that's my tag.

Woodrow Call
12-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Ok, I dunno why that doesn't look like the others, but that's my tag.

How's NHL 07. Not much of a hockey fan but I used to enjoy playing hockey games back in the day.

Cochise
12-14-2006, 10:27 AM
How's NHL 07. Not much of a hockey fan but I used to enjoy playing hockey games back in the day.

I'm liking it. The commentary is pretty well done, and the gameplay seems good so far. The new controller functions regarding using the right thumbstick to move the puck around are a little hard for me to get used to, but pretty cool.

I have had much better luck scoring when I run the offense than just skating down as fast as possible, putting a deke on a defenseman and winding up the biggest slap shot possible, like used to be a winning strategy in the older hockey games, so the realism seems to be decent. A bit of realism is a nice surprise since it's EA.

I've not played a hockey game in several years now though, so people who are more versed in them may have different opinions than I.

Fruit Ninja
12-14-2006, 11:20 AM

Because you can't set the MadCatz controller down. Setting it on any surface accidentally engages the trigger buttons.Damn that does suck :( need a special stand or someshit to put your controller on. I rather have a wireless, but i would even considering buy it, for my Chiefs collection. If it has a Chiefs on it, i will take it .

htismaqe
12-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Damn that does suck :( need a special stand or someshit to put your controller on. I rather have a wireless, but i would even considering buy it, for my Chiefs collection. If it has a Chiefs on it, i will take it .

Even the wireless MadCatz controllers have the issue. Pretty frustrating.

But like you said, just buy it and put it in your Chiefs shrine. It would be cool if we could get Chiefs faceplates for the 360.

Ultra Peanut
12-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Your XBOX 360 is really needy.

http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=PsitothecosisI got Football Manager 2007... :(

I'm going to walk into the room one day and the 360 and my computer are going to be fighting.

Woodrow Call
12-14-2006, 05:12 PM
I've been thinking about buying a racing game for the 360 but cant decide which one to get.

Any suggestions?

Ultra Peanut
12-14-2006, 07:06 PM
I've been thinking about buying a racing game for the 360 but cant decide which one to get.

Any suggestions?PGR 3 is $30 and very fun. Test Drive Unlimited is $40 and also very fun.

Do you like the concept of an open-ended environment in which you can drive around and select challenges as you like, or a somewhat more targeted approach with an arguably more polished driving model?

Actually, I think both have demos on the Marketplace. Though, as a warning, I thought the TDU demo sucked donkey balls and am glad I actually gave the full game a chance.

QuikSsurfer
12-14-2006, 08:44 PM

nhl 2k7 is light years ahead of 07

Woodrow Call
12-14-2006, 09:56 PM
PGR 3 is $30 and very fun. Test Drive Unlimited is $40 and also very fun.

Do you like the concept of an open-ended environment in which you can drive around and select challenges as you like, or a somewhat more targeted approach with an arguably more polished driving model?

Actually, I think both have demos on the Marketplace. Though, as a warning, I thought the TDU demo sucked donkey balls and am glad I actually gave the full game a chance.

I usually like games that are more open-ended. Im going to try out the demos tonight.

Thanks

Jim Jones
12-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to X-Box 360?

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12448/l-Gear-Solid-4-Coming-to-Xbox-360/

Just a rumor at this point.. doubt it will happen.. but honestly that was the only reason I was gonna buy a PS3, if this is true I'm just keepin my 360 and screw PS3.

KcMizzou
12-17-2006, 04:56 PM
I just found out I'm getting Gears of War as a gift. I didnt know a lot about it, so I've been doing some reading.

Suddenly, I want it now...

CtrlAltDel
12-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to X-Box 360?

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12448/l-Gear-Solid-4-Coming-to-Xbox-360/

Just a rumor at this point.. doubt it will happen.. but honestly that was the only reason I was gonna buy a PS3, if this is true I'm just keepin my 360 and screw PS3.The last two MGS's have ended up on XBOX eventually have they not? It's not that farfetched.

Fruit Ninja
12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
I just found out I'm getting Gears of War as a gift. I didnt know a lot about it, so I've been doing some reading.

Suddenly, I want it now...
Your going to have a blast playing it. I play it against friends on live, its tons of fun.

SquirrellyBastard
12-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Thought I'd post this to see if any of you have run into these problems with your 360. I've played mine tons and it's locked up once or twice, but that's it.

Not even sure if these sites are legit...

http://www.xbox360defective.com/

http://www.xbox360defective.com/xbox360factsheet.pdf

KcMizzou
12-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Thought I'd post this to see if any of you have run into these problems with your 360. I've played mine tons and it's locked up once or twice, but that's it.

I've never had any issues with mine. (knock on wood)

Woodrow Call
12-21-2006, 10:09 PM

I get the one red bar from time to time. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it blows up.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 07:06 AM
I haven't had any issues with mine at all. I had it lockup once playing a Live Arcade game, and both CH2K6 and NCAA 2007 will lockup after a few games if I leave the disc in overnight.

I did get an extra cooling fan...

Fruit Ninja
12-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I been playing the living shit out of Gears of War, and my console hasnt locked up froze or anything so far *knock On wood* There is bound to be a few bad consoles though. Just like you buy a car sometimes ya may get one that has problems all the time.

Mecca
12-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Some of those people don't tell you that they put it in an inclosed area with no ventilation.....then they wonder why it overheats.

Cochise
12-22-2006, 09:08 PM
I have a question, I posted it on other forums but all I get are fanboys saying "lol noob".

I bought the bundle with Need for Speed: Most wanted. But the game disk wasn't in the box. There was a loose instruction manual for the game, but that was it. Do I need to download it or something?

QuikSsurfer
12-22-2006, 09:16 PM
I have a question, I posted it on other forums but all I get are fanboys saying "lol noob".

I bought the bundle with Need for Speed: Most wanted. But the game disk wasn't in the box. There was a loose instruction manual for the game, but that was it. Do I need to download it or something?
no.. you won't download it. it should've come with it. take it back to the store that you got it, with the receipt. hopefully you haven't had it too long

Fruit Ninja
12-22-2006, 11:47 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156093

Xbox 360 Warranty Extended to One Year
275 extra days of protection.
By Dan Dormer, 12/22/2006
Microsoft seems to be interested in spreading the holiday cheer this year, as they've announced today that they're doing away with their 90 day warranty in favor of providing a full year of protection for 360 owners. This is also retroactive, as those who have already paid for repairs out of warranty within a year of purchase should be getting a refund check in the mail within 10 weeks.

"Our number one priority for the Xbox 360 is customer satisfaction," said Jeff Bell, Corporate Vice President of Global Marketing for Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business. "Now, in addition to Xbox 360 offering features such as jaw-dropping high definition graphics, an amazing variety of more than 160 games, and social online and entertainment experiences found on Xbox Live(r), this warranty upgrade is an exclamation at the end of an already compelling home entertainment offering."

Perhaps the one year warranties offered with the Wii and PS3, along with defective launch units for the 360, spurred this change. Whatever actually changed Microsoft's tune, though, it's only good for the consumer.

Buck
12-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Hey my name is on Xbox live is Mr Shrimp and I have it on the 360, I tried to make one of those gamertags and it didnt work.

QuikSsurfer
12-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey my name is on Xbox live is Mr Shrimp and I have it on the 360, I tried to make one of those gamertags and it didnt work.
me talk pretty one day

Buck
12-23-2006, 12:48 PM
me talk pretty one day

Excuse my noobness, but what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Mecca
12-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Excuse my noobness, but what the hell is that supposed to mean?

It means he's high.

Buck
12-23-2006, 01:29 PM
lucky him

JBucc
12-25-2006, 09:16 AM
I finally got myself one of these for Christmas. Gears of War is on sale at Best Buy so I ordered it with a gift card I got. Right now though I don't have a game for it so it's just sitting there looking pretty.

Mecca
12-25-2006, 11:36 AM
I finally got myself one of these for Christmas. Gears of War is on sale at Best Buy so I ordered it with a gift card I got. Right now though I don't have a game for it so it's just sitting there looking pretty.

That must suck.......the 2k basketball games are really good this year if you are looking for some sports games.

Bowser
12-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm sure this is absolutely nothing new to the XBOX'er, but to casual observers, click the link and watch the trailers. You will want to go and get a 360 yesterday.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/

Bowser
12-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Well, so far, the only game I have that is compatible with my spankin' new 360 is Halo 2. I'm kind of suprised Madden doesn't play on the 360.

I will be at Best Buy first thing in the morning. What are recomendations for THREE no-miss games to start with? I was thinking Gears of War, Dead Rising, and Quake 4. Suggestions?

Adept Havelock
12-25-2006, 07:34 PM
I will be at Best Buy first thing in the morning. What are recomendations for THREE no-miss games to start with? I was thinking Gears of War, Dead Rising, and Quake 4. Suggestions?

Quake 4 has serious framerate issues. Not a good port at all, IMO.

I've been losing many hours to Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. More addictive than psudeoephidrine. You have to buy Oblivion behind the counter now.

I also recently picked up Star Trek:Legacy. First couple of missions have been quite fun.

QuikSsurfer
12-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Quake 4 has serious framerate issues. Not a good port at all, IMO.

I've been losing many hours to Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. More addictive than psudeoephidrine. You have to buy Oblivion behind the counter now.

I also recently picked up Star Trek:Legacy. First couple of missions have been quite fun.
i agree 100%
though i've yet to play ST legacy.
when i first bought my 360 (back in april).. i only had 1 game from that point til august.. i was obsessed with oblivion.. i'm still obsessed with it and the knights of the nine upgrade has re awoken my desires.. i think of this game while i'm at work :shake:

htismaqe
12-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Well, so far, the only game I have that is compatible with my spankin' new 360 is Halo 2. I'm kind of suprised Madden doesn't play on the 360.

No XBox game that has a 360 "version" will be playable via the emulator. If you want Madde, you have to buy Madden for the 360.

Cochise
12-26-2006, 03:39 PM

Gears of War is pretty good, although it didn't take me long to finish the campaign. The versus stuff on Xbox live is fun.

I'm having fun with NHL 07 and Fight Night too.

I downloaded the demo for Dead Rising, which looked really cool, but I wasn't impressed. The controls were stiff and the gameplay even in the demo felt repetitive.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion I got but I haven't played it much yet. So far it hasn't captured my attention like it has for others. Maybe I'm not into that type of game so much.

KcMizzou
12-26-2006, 03:50 PM

I will be at Best Buy first thing in the morning. What are recomendations for THREE no-miss games to start with? I was thinking Gears of War, Dead Rising, and Quake 4. Suggestions?I got Gears of War for Christmas... loving it so far.

Fight Night Round 3. Great boxing game.

Another I'd suggest is Burnout: Revenge. It's been out for a long time, so you can probably get it cheap too. (20-30 bucks I think) Arcade style racer with lots of HUGE explosions and crazy crashes. I've probably logged more time on that game than any of my other 360 games.

KevB
12-26-2006, 03:53 PM
I also got Gears of War, along with Call of Duty 3 and Madden '07. I've only had the 360 for a month, and had been playing G.R.A.W. I think I'll come back to that later, and GOW has certainly diverted my attention.

Sam Hall
12-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I like Tiger Woods 2007 because it makes you earn skill. You can't just pick up the game and dominate. I'm not very good right now, but I'm getting better.

I played FNR 3 for the first time yesterday, and had some trouble with the punching system. I couldn't figure it out on a consistent basis. I couldn't land many power punches. The guy I was playing knocked me out in the first round a couple times. The game has sweet graphics.

If you listen to the dialogue in Gears of War, you can hear some good humor.

Woodrow Call
12-26-2006, 08:25 PM
I like Tiger Woods 2007 because it makes you earn skill. You can't just pick up the game and dominate. I'm not very good right now, but I'm getting better.

I played FNR 3 for the first time yesterday, and had some trouble with the punching system. I couldn't figure it out on a consistent basis. I couldn't land many power punches. The guy I was playing knocked me out in the first round a couple times. The game has sweet graphics.

On FN3 I use controller config 3 because it allows you to throw punches by use the X,Y,B,A buttons. Makes it easier IMO.

KcMizzou
12-26-2006, 08:42 PM
On FN3 I use controller config 3 because it allows you to throw punches by use the X,Y,B,A buttons. Makes it easier IMO.That's not a bad idea. The right analog stick can seem really clunky until you get used to it.

QuikSsurfer
12-26-2006, 09:35 PM
just got Chromehounds off ebay for $18
anyone have this??

KevB
12-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Played on XBOX Live last night for the first time. Me and a buddy played Gears of War....amazing how far we've come with technology. The fact that we can share a game while sitting in two different locations and talk to one another.....unreal.

Redrum_69
12-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Guitar Hero is coming soon to the 360

I'm debating buying a ps2 and guitar hero 2....just because that game is so badass

and i'm not a fan of the ps2 or ps3...but i cant wait for a few months before Guitar Hero comes to the 360

KcMizzou
12-27-2006, 10:19 AM

I'm debating buying a ps2 and guitar hero 2....just because that game is so badass

and i'm not a fan of the ps2 or ps3...but i cant wait for a few months before Guitar Hero comes to the 360I got that for my sons for Christmas. (PS2) That game's amazingly fun. I had never played it before.

Redrum_69
12-27-2006, 10:46 AM
I beat it on easy...and when I went over to medium..which added the fourth blue button, I was having a blast.

I pulled off an encore in the first set I believe which brought up Spinal Tap....it was damn intense. The lights were off and here I was standing up in front of my big screen jamming out.

Since you can play two people at the same time in co-op or against each other...how freaking cool would it be to get a few gamer planeteers who do the "air guitar"...and I know there are those that do that out there...together for a guitar hero night

I'm dreading to see what hard and expert is...I hear the encore version of sweet child of mine...is rough

Bowser
12-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks to all for the input. Looks like Quake 4 is out, and F.E.A.R. is in.

Cochise - I have heard you have to give Dead Rising a chance. Extremely violent, funny, and gore filled. I'll let you know how it works out.

htis - Not suprised at all. Just figured since Madden was such a staple game for consoles, that they would be able to be played. Just another way for Overlord Gates to earn a few more bucks, I guess.

KC Mizzou - Burnout is a very addictive game! I went to Game Spot and picked up both Burnout 3 and Revenge for like 20 bucks. I haven't gotten into Revenge yet as I was trying to finish Burnout 3 first, but I might just have to give it a shot.

Adept - Thanks for the heads up on Quake 4. That's a bummer, too, as I was a big fan of the Quake series, and had been looking forward to trying the game out. And it's funny you mention the Star Trek game. I noticed that one and was giving it some thought if I wanted to drop the money on it.

Redrum - Your mom is a filthy whore that likes to play Van Halen's Eruption on your guitar from Guitar Hero while inserted into her cavernous vag.

Valiant
12-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Played on XBOX Live last night for the first time. Me and a buddy played Gears of War....amazing how far we've come with technology. The fact that we can share a game while sitting in two different locations and talk to one another.....unreal.

We have been doing that since the late 90's, where you been? But the graphics do look sweeter though... :p

Redrum_69
12-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Redrum - Your mom is a filthy whore that likes to play Van Halen's Eruption on your guitar from Guitar Hero while inserted into her cavernous vag.

why the hate??

Swanman
12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Cochise - I have heard you have to give Dead Rising a chance. Extremely violent, funny, and gore filled. I'll let you know how it works out.

Dead Rising rules. It's the only game I've played that I've wanted to play through multiple times. The first time through was a real struggle, but then you get to start the second playthrough using your level from when you completed the game, so the second time through I was a zombie killing machine. My next goal is to get the zombie genocider achievement by killing 53,000+ zombies in one playthrough.

KevB
12-27-2006, 12:51 PM
We have been doing that since the late 90's, where you been? But the graphics do look sweeter though... :p

Working and having/raising three kids. :p

That being said, even though I knew it was available, you still don't quite internalize how cool it is until you experience it. I'm sure my comment took some of you back to a nostalgiac place.

Next, I'm thinking about trying this whole "cellular phone" thing....seems there's quite a bit of hype surrounding it. ;)

QuikSsurfer
12-27-2006, 01:19 PM
oh i was there.. on the dreamcast - playing quake 3 and nfl2k1
good times

ChiefsFanatic
12-27-2006, 10:10 PM

Baird is hilarious. I think GOW has some of the best voice acting of any game I have ever played. It is funny, real, and none of it sounds like the actors are embarrassed to be doing it.

I also liked how the credits showed the pictures and quotes from the team that designed the game.

Fruit Ninja
12-27-2006, 10:24 PM

and i'm not a fan of the ps2 or ps3...but i cant wait for a few months before Guitar Hero comes to the 360
I actually played that game for the fight time lastnight my nephew got it for xmas, and brought it over, it was pretty damn fun.

Is it seriously comming out for the 360? if so, i'm in.

JBucc
12-27-2006, 11:15 PM
So GoW is the best shooter evah. I want to play online but live is messed up right now it seems. I'm going to download the NCAA 07 demo tommorow. Hope it doesn't dissappoint. I have pretty high expectations for it.

Bowser
12-27-2006, 11:37 PM
why the hate??

Now see - it takes all the fun out of it when this is the response. Dammit Carl.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 07:42 AM
So GoW is the best shooter evah. I want to play online but live is messed up right now it seems. I'm going to download the NCAA 07 demo tommorow. Hope it doesn't dissappoint. I have pretty high expectations for it.

As long as it's 2k and not EA....

htismaqe
12-28-2006, 11:43 AM
As long as it's 2k and not EA....

NCAA 2007 football by EA is a GREAT game. Blows the doors off of Madden...

Mecca
12-28-2006, 12:49 PM
NCAA 2007 football by EA is a GREAT game. Blows the doors off of Madden...

I have that game......I thought he was talking about basketball. I'm not an EA hater or anything just 2k makes better basketball games than EA does.

Ceej
12-28-2006, 01:37 PM
tag - chyeah son

games - madden 07 and college hoops 2k7

htismaqe
12-28-2006, 03:47 PM
I have that game......I thought he was talking about basketball. I'm not an EA hater or anything just 2k makes better basketball games than EA does.

NCAA football is the only EA game I play. 2K basketball games are light years better, and Madden is hot trash.

Ceej
12-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Consider me poverty stricken. I love me some hot trash. :)

MeaTy The Pimp
12-29-2006, 04:36 AM
<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/The MeaTy One.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">The MeaTy One</iframe>

Mr. Plow
12-29-2006, 06:55 AM
New Xbox 360 owner - well, it's my son's technically. Bought Lego Star Wars II, Over the Hedge, Ultimate Alliance, & .......something else for him.

Got me Call of Duty 3 - love that game.

Going to try the online thing before too long. Any other games like Call of Duty that anyone would recommend?

Woodrow Call
12-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Got me Call of Duty 3 - love that game.

Finally bought COD3 over the weekend. Amazing game.

Woodrow Call
12-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Anyone else pick up the games from Burger King? Pretty good games for 3.99.

GoTrav
12-29-2006, 08:20 AM

think I'll have to pick that up. I still have my PS2 but I really haven't wanted to play it on that system.

KcMizzou
12-29-2006, 08:48 AM
think I'll have to pick that up. I still have my PS2 but I really haven't wanted to play it on that system.If there's a game where graphics dont really matter.... that's it.

KevB
12-29-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm having difficulty getting registered through MyGamerCard.net. I've taken all the steps to get set up, but no response on the XBOX Forums PM. Anybody have issues (and have a workaround of some sort)?

GoTrav
12-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Anyone with some NBA 2K7 advice? I totally suck. I'm more use to the run and gun style of LIVE. I was getting beaten by 20 on the easiest difficulty level...I don't see how I'll ever unlock an achievement. :(

Mecca
12-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Anyone with some NBA 2K7 advice? I totally suck. I'm more use to the run and gun style of LIVE. I was getting beaten by 20 on the easiest difficulty level...I don't see how I'll ever unlock an achievement. :(

You have to call plays on offense.....also the right shoulder button calls for a pick and that helps get you open for shots and drives. If you just run and gun and don't call plays on offense your offense will be all out of whack and you'll take long jumpers which on this years 2k don't fall.

Considering the realism this year of guys not making every shot and realistic scores when playing as long as they really play......unless you are playing a 3 point bombing team like Phoenix a 2-3 zone is always the best defense to be in......

GoTrav
12-30-2006, 11:05 AM
You have to call plays on offense.....also the right shoulder button calls for a pick and that helps get you open for shots and drives. If you just run and gun and don't call plays on offense your offense will be all out of whack and you'll take long jumpers which on this years 2k don't fall.

Considering the realism this year of guys not making every shot and realistic scores when playing as long as they really play......unless you are playing a 3 point bombing team like Phoenix a 2-3 zone is always the best defense to be in......

I haven't had much luck getting the ball down low to my big man. How do I get him to post up? And I don't know crap about basketball strategy or play calling...what are some good plays to run?

The game looks and plays amazing, I just need to get better.

Mecca
12-30-2006, 11:09 AM
I haven't had much luck getting the ball down low to my big man. How do I get him to post up? And I don't know crap about basketball strategy or play calling...what are some good plays to run?

The game looks and plays amazing, I just need to get better.

You call plays with the D-Pad up right left and down will all call a different play. Go into your coaching and go into offensive plays and you can set whichever 4 you want to use...it will show you a diagram of what the play is. Just put Low Post or Post up or whatever it's called as one of your plays call it......hit the button that brings up the letters for which guy is which..and pass it into him and back down or kick it back out.

You shouldn't have to change the defensive calls the 4 are bases like man to man, 2-3 zone, 3-2 zone and press.........just don't ever play 3-2 zone it covers the perimeter but leaves the inside open.

Fruit Ninja
12-30-2006, 01:17 PM
i been playing quite a few games on live lately, getting addicted again i think. i am 8-3 so far. I have had a blast. Though everyone likes to just 1 on 1 and forget the rest of the team, but once you figure out how to slow it down, you can pretty much own the person playing that style.

ChiefsFanatic
01-01-2007, 10:17 AM
So GoW is the best shooter evah.

Uhhh..................No.

Woodrow Call
01-01-2007, 11:05 AM
I just picked up College Hoops 2k7 and I wondering what the best recruiting strategy is.

I know to focus on interested recruits but I'm not sure what the best way to spend points is and when to use them(preseason, in season, etc).

Mecca
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
I just picked up College Hoops 2k7 and I wondering what the best recruiting strategy is.

I know to focus on interested recruits but I'm not sure what the best way to spend points is and when to use them(preseason, in season, etc).

Who are you? That's pretty important....

Woodrow Call
01-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Who are you? That's pretty important....

Planning on being a closed legacy team. Leaning towards Campbell.

Pants
01-01-2007, 09:32 PM
My roommate got a 360 for Christmas and we've been playing it a little bit. He bought GoW, Oblivion and Saints Row. We haven't touched Oblivion yet and as far as GoW goes, I was pretty disappointed. Sure it looks nice in HD but the gameplay seemed pretty lacking. We only played CO-OP so maybe single player campaign or Live is where the fun is but I don't really feel like playing it. Saints Row on the other hand is a n absolute blast, it's like GTA on steroids and is actually more fun to play than GTA. That's pretty much all I've been playing with some rentals thrown in (GRAW, PGR3, etc).

I have to say though, 360 is an amazing system. If you get Live, it's a total package of what entertainment and gaming should be.

Fruit Ninja
01-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Game play is the best damn part of Gears of War. Thats why i like it as opposed to halo type games, its not just a gung ho shooter like say Halo, quake type games.

Pants
01-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Game play is the best damn part of Gears of War. Thats why i like it as opposed to halo type games, its not just a gung ho shooter like say Halo, quake type games.

Yeah, Halo actually takes skills to play. GoW was a joke on Hardcore (Insane is locked). GoW felt really clumsy and I never really felt any intensity. Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter had a 1000 times better co-op game. It actually took a lot of planning and communication to beat a level, the whole time it was intense as shit and took multiple tries to complete. Just my opnion. GoW is a damn fine game, but I don't see how it's THE game of the year per every gaming "authority", maybe I'm just not a big fan of duck and cover type games where it takes a full ****ing clip of ammo to bring down whatever you're shooting at.

Mecca
01-02-2007, 03:56 AM
Planning on being a closed legacy team. Leaning towards Campbell.

You'll just get 1 star guys.....maybe a 2 here and there. Focus on guys close to your school and needs.

Cochise
01-03-2007, 12:01 PM
I liked GOW ok. I played both the Halo games but was never a fan of the mindless shooter genre.

I am enjoying Splinter Cell: Double Agent a lot right now. That kind of game is more my thing. I'm planning on getting Ghost Recon when I am looking for a game next.

Wallcrawler
01-03-2007, 12:44 PM
I liked GOW ok. I played both the Halo games but was never a fan of the mindless shooter genre.

I am enjoying Splinter Cell: Double Agent a lot right now. That kind of game is more my thing. I'm planning on getting Ghost Recon when I am looking for a game next.

Double Agent was pretty cool, but I felt like they got lazy at the end. None of the endings are actually scenes. All you get to do is listen to an audio ending while the credits are rolling, trying to listen and figure out what is going on.

I would much rather have seen actual ending sequences.

Bowser
01-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Damn. Half Life 2 Episode One doesn't come out on the 360 until June. Most disappointing.

noa
01-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Okay, I'm about to go get me an XBox 360, and I just have one n00b question...if I have an XBox Live account for the original XBox, will the account work for the 360? Thanks.

Woodrow Call
01-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Okay, I'm about to go get me an XBox 360, and I just have one n00b question...if I have an XBox Live account for the original XBox, will the account work for the 360? Thanks.

All you have to do is an account recovery. Pretty painless process.

Reaper16
01-03-2007, 04:05 PM

the 360 guitar is a wireless gibson explorer bodytype.
is it strange that im posting in the 360 thread using the Wii's Opera browser? heh :)

Bowser
01-03-2007, 04:21 PM
the 360 guitar is a wireless gibson explorer bodytype.
is it strange that im posting in the 360 thread using the Wii's Opera browser? heh :)

You, sir, are a rebel.

Redrum_69
01-04-2007, 08:33 AM
I bought a damn ps2 with guitar hero 2. I always told myself I'd never buy a PS2...but GH2 changed my mind. I also found out that GH2 is not coming out for the 360 until Spring...another store said it wasnt listed, and yet another said summer....so who the hell knows. I had heard it was going to be out in February.

Anyways...Freebird is a bitch.

I saved up my cash and bought the Grim Ripper character and a bunch of the bonus tracks..including...Trogdor!

htismaqe
01-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Gibson explorer?

I preferred the one that look like an SG...

wutamess
01-04-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm having difficulty getting registered through MyGamerCard.net. I've taken all the steps to get set up, but no response on the XBOX Forums PM. Anybody have issues (and have a workaround of some sort)?

It took me about 2 months before I got a response.

GoTrav
01-04-2007, 11:35 AM
I should just break down and grab this for PS2 but I like the idea of downloable Marketplace content and Achievements through XBL.

a little more old info...I'm hoping for a Feb release.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159122.html?q=guitar%20hero%202

Guitar Hero II 360 wired for 2007
RedOctane confirms first non-PS2 iteration of popular rhythm game series won't arrive until the new year, will include a tethered controller.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Sep 29, 2006 4:46 pm PT

The X-Plorer controller.It looks like Xbox 360 gamers won't be rocking around the Christmas tree this year.

A RedOctane representative told GameSpot that the recently announced Guitar Hero II for the Xbox 360 will be released sometime in 2007, significantly trailing the PlayStation 2 version of the game, scheduled to hit retail this November.

The rep also addressed some speculation about the new X-Plorer guitar controller that will be released with the game. At Microsoft's X06 event in Barcelona, Spain, Activision showed the game off with a prototype X-Plorer, which was connected to the 360 with a wire. However, representatives there wouldn't confirm whether or not the final hardware would also be wired.

Today, GameSpot received confirmation from the RedOctane spokesperson that the final X-Plorer guitar will also be wired, dashing gamers' hopes of re-creating Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic's dramatic finish to the band's 1992 MTV Music Video Awards performance.

The Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero II will contain all the same content of the PlayStation 2, as well as exclusive extra songs that will be made available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace. No pricing information has yet been released for the game.

Redrum_69
01-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Thats good...I'll buy that one as well.

I'm still looking for GH1..the Best Buys and EBGames around here dont have it.

Woodrow Call
01-05-2007, 02:04 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5591

Microsoft's "Zephyr" leaked to the press complete with HDMI, 120GB hard drive and 65nm processor

With Sony's PlayStation 3 knocking on the Xbox 360's door, it was only a matter of time before Microsoft made the move to make its year-old console even more competitive. DailyTech has already reported that Microsoft has been able to successfully pare down its costs associated with producing the Xbox 360, so now is a more opportune time than ever to release an update.

According to Engadget, the Xbox 360 v2 (codenamed Zephyr) should go a long way in making the console cooler by swapping out the 90nm IBM Xenon PowerPC processor in favor of a 65nm revision that has not been announced yet.

There is also a single HDMI port for full 1080p support -- no firmware trickery needed. Also on the way is a 120GB hard drive which would double the capacity of Sony's top-ranging PS3. There’s no word on if Microsoft has seen fit to quiet the banshee-like DVD drive, but we can only hope that the answer is yes.

Engadget's "inside man" tells them that the new console will be available soon. We'll keep our ears and eyes open during Bill Gates' keynote on Sunday at CES to see if he has anything to say about the console.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2007, 12:11 PM
http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/feb07d7d.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/feb07d7d.jpg)
http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/0002b63.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/0002b63.jpg) http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/0002516.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/0002516.jpg)
http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/000467d.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/000467d.jpg) http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/00045c6.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/00045c6.jpg)

Bowser
01-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Dead Rising question -

Do you HAVE to make all the missions, or can you go around slicing and dicing zombies until the helicopter arrives?

KcMizzou
01-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Dead Rising question -

Do you HAVE to make all the missions, or can you go around slicing and dicing zombies until the helicopter arrives?You're free to do whatever you want. You could wait there on the landing pad the entire time, if you wanted to.

Ceej
01-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Bowser, how far are you in the game?

I'm just now fighting Carlito for the second time.

When I first got the game I found it hard to actually do any missions. I was having more fun wandering around slashing zombies in the most awkward way.

Ultra Peanut
01-08-2007, 06:42 PM
The skateboard really helped with the second Carlito battle. The speed boost was vital.

Ceej
01-08-2007, 07:02 PM
There's also a nearby bike.

I've read walkthroughs. They mention to stay away from Carlito until he focuses on that black guy - his name escapes me. It also mentions you should grab a kitana or some other powerful weapon to beat him quickly.

I need to defeat Adam so I can have those sweet mini dual chainsaws the rest of the game.

Bowser
01-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Bowser, how far are you in the game?

I'm just now fighting Carlito for the second time.

When I first got the game I found it hard to actually do any missions. I was having more fun wandering around slashing zombies in the most awkward way.

I defeated Carlito for the second time. After beating him, Brad is shot and injured and you have to go find medicine for him. By the time I got through, beat THAT freak, and made it back to Brad, it had passed the time I needed to be back at the security room for the next episode. By doing that, I forfeited the rest of the episodes, and it flashed across the screen that I would never know the truth of what happened, or something.

I guess I need to know what missions are vital, and which ones are fodder.

Oh, and fighting Carlito the second time, definitely let Brad do the lion's share of the work.

QuikSsurfer
01-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Straight from the administrator Mark Rein (for those of you that don't know he is the Vice President of Epic Games):

A Gears of War update should start pushing through the system at some point tomorrow, Tuesday January 9, 2007 prior to the two new multiplayer maps being available on Xbox Live Marketplace on Wednesday January 10, 2007. The maps, plus an introductory video featuring Gears designer Cliff Bleszinski, are free thanks to the kind sponsorship by the Discovery Channel's Future Weapons series which launches next Monday January 15th, 2007. Be sure to check out the show to see some really cool firepower. I expect game designers all across the country will be watching that series very carefully looking for ideas for their future games

Here is a list of what was addressed in this update:

• Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
• Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
• Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
• Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
• Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
• Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
• Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
• Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
• Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
• Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
• Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
• Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
• Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
• Added additional cheat detection code
• Additional housekeeping updates

Link:
http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=560548

i like this update. less newb team matches and host advantages - stacked teams. though i do sometimes play teams with local friends of mine..
the harder to tag someone with a frag, the better.

Ceej
01-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Bowser or any other Dead Rising fans - what do you enjoy most about the game? Favorite weapon?

I'm pretty partial to the lawnmower, chainsaw and kitana.

But, I haven't accessed the gun shop yet and I've yet to snatch Adam's dual chainsaws or the grocery clerk's cart-o-death.

Fruit Ninja
01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
When turned on GoW earlier i got the update, but i didnt get any option for map downloads yet. I didnt see any in the XBL Marketplace either.

Buck
01-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Anybody have SVR 2007??? All this talk of Carlito, thats the game I thought you were talking about.

QuikSsurfer
01-09-2007, 09:02 PM
When turned on GoW earlier i got the update, but i didnt get any option for map downloads yet. I didnt see any in the XBL Marketplace either.
should be available tomorrow, the 10th.

Bowser
01-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Bowser or any other Dead Rising fans - what do you enjoy most about the game? Favorite weapon?

But, I haven't accessed the gun shop yet and I've yet to snatch Adam's dual chainsaws or the grocery clerk's cart-o-death.

The mower is good, but for mass death, nothing has beat the .50 cal off the jeep the convicts are driving.

The up close weapons I like so far are the battle axe, broadsword, and kitana. But none of them measure up to the excavator found in the hardware store. Have you found that yet?

And as far as the game goes, I am still blowing the storyline trying to get the medicine back to Brad. You need to be back in the security room by 11 am, and I can never make it back that quick. I need to take psi up on his recommendation of using the skateboard, I guess. I got frustrated trying to stay with the storyline, and just went ahead and played the game. Got all the way to Sean and his occultists. Sean is a bitch to kill, and is super quick. Any hints on how to bring him down?

Ceej
01-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Bowser - my advice would be to google "Dead Rising walkthroughs" if you really want some solid advice about beating a certain aspect of the game. I've been through a couple and one even has video footage of what you should do to beat that certain point of the game.

I've found that weapon, too. I just think it's slow, but DEFINTELY pretty gruesome. Which I do love.

Also, driving the car down in the tunnel area is always enjoyable. That's a pretty hardcore way to kill some zombies.

icepick64
01-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Castlevania: Symphony of the night is coming to XBLA! This game was aweseome, probably the best castlevania.

Link (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163993.html?tag=latestnews;title;0)

QuikSsurfer
01-10-2007, 11:08 AM
new gears maps are out.. i really like "old bones" - huge map.
the other (raven down) is extremely small.. you're basically right on top of the other team when you start.. still.. cool FREE maps.

GoTrav
01-11-2007, 06:44 AM
Dead Rising question -

Do you HAVE to make all the missions, or can you go around slicing and dicing zombies until the helicopter arrives?

and if you die you start the game over? I only rented it but that bugged me.

Ceej
01-11-2007, 06:45 AM
You start over if you didn't save the game. Makes sense to me. :)

GoTrav
01-11-2007, 06:52 AM
You start over if you didn't save the game. Makes sense to me. :)

didn't realize it had saves...I thought you went back to the beginning....where you're getting dropped in by the chopper, whenever you die? Not true?

Swanman
01-11-2007, 06:52 AM
and if you die you start the game over? I only rented it but that bugged me.

To answer Bowser's question, you don't HAVE to do anything. If you wanted, you could hang out on the helipad for the full 72 hours, although that would be boring and stupid. What you do throughout the game (missions, saving people, etc.) just determines which ending you get when the 72 hour mark hits.

As to Black Ice's question, if you die, you can either start from your last save, or start the game completely over. The one advantage to starting over is that you keep your stats, so if you die as a level 10, you start the game over at level 10, so the games a bit easier at the start. Also, if you finish the game, you can start a new game at the same level you ended the previous game. I've played the game through twice now, and during the second playthrough, I was almost unstoppable.

Ceej
01-11-2007, 06:54 AM
I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, but the save points consist of - the security room you enter through the air duct during the first part of the game. You press "B" on a green (?) couch in the main corridor, right below the stairs.

Also, any restroom is a save spot.

Swanman
01-11-2007, 06:57 AM

Once I started using Adam's mini-chainsaw, I never wanted another weapon. Also, you can get books to put in your inventory that lengthen the life of each weapon. I got three books to lengthen the mini-chainsaw's life by I believe 27-fold, so I could use each chainsaw for a very long time. The second time through the game I got the "A" ending and played the overtime game, which was also very cool.

Ceej
01-11-2007, 06:58 AM
And the overtime version of the game is you trying to get, like, 8 items for something right?

How is that any more fun then the original version? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Ceej
01-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Also, what is the easiest way to kill Adam?

GoTrav
01-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, but the save points consist of - the security room you enter through the air duct during the first part of the game. You press "B" on a green (?) couch in the main corridor, right below the stairs.

Also, any restroom is a save spot.

nope, I wasn't but it's been awhile. I just remember there was something strange with the save system in the game. How exactly does it work again? I remember the save spots but it only saves your "level" and not what you worked through previously?

Swanman
01-11-2007, 07:46 AM
And the overtime version of the game is you trying to get, like, 8 items for something right?

How is that any more fun then the original version? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Yes, you're trying to collect 8 items for something, I won't give away why. The overtime mode isn't more fun, it's just different from the main game and there's some crazy stuff that happens near the end of it.

Also, I found the best way to kill Adam is with the Katana. Get in close, give him a few slices, then run away and heal yourself if needed. You don't need to hit him too many times to kill him if you use the katana.

Ceej
01-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Does Adam have any repititious movements?

Like, he has several attacks - are they in any sort of order? I've heard the best time to take some swipes at him would be when he's blowing up his balloons.

Ceej
01-11-2007, 08:40 AM
nope, I wasn't but it's been awhile. I just remember there was something strange with the save system in the game. How exactly does it work again? I remember the save spots but it only saves your "level" and not what you worked through previously?

You can enter any restroom - go to the mirror and click B. Save the game progress to your harddrive. It saves your level and your progression through the game.

When you die you can either choose to start the game over at your current level - meaning the level you died at, so if you die at level 10 you can start the game at a level 10. Or you can choose to start from the last spot you saved the game at and your current level. I think. :)

Swanman
01-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Does Adam have any repititious movements?

Like, he has several attacks - are they in any sort of order? I've heard the best time to take some swipes at him would be when he's blowing up his balloons.

If you use the katana, you won't have to worry about timing, just run in and hack/slash away and run away to heal as needed (get some wine from the food court).

Ceej
01-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Best advice trying to defeat the convicts?

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Bowl of antifreeze?

Swanman
01-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Best advice trying to defeat the convicts?

If you have the mini-chainsaw, use that, if not the katana. Be sure to take out the driver first so the jeep will stop rolling around. Then hack up the other two guys, healing as necessary.

Ceej
01-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Also, what in the world is wrong with my xbox live?

One second I can get on it, I return from BB and purchasing GoW and when I test my connection my IP address test fails. What gives?

Maybe it's just a shitty connection!?

Woodrow Call
01-11-2007, 03:16 PM
I have become addicted to getting Achievements and building up my gamerscore. Its almost taken all the fun out of playing. Anyone else have that problem?

KcMizzou
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I have become addicted to getting Achievements and building up my gamerscore. Its almost taken all the fun out of playing. Anyone else have that problem?
I've never paid any attention to it.

Ceej
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Okay swan, I just got Brad his medicine. Now what? It said the next case wasn't until 11am so I went looking for survivors.. but some case had ran out of time, thus having the rest of my cases expire.

After I get him his medicine, I talk to Jessie and I click that next scoop and it leads me right to both of them.

I'm in a rut. What do I do?

Swanman
01-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Okay swan, I just got Brad his medicine. Now what? It said the next case wasn't until 11am so I went looking for survivors.. but some case had ran out of time, thus having the rest of my cases expire.

After I get him his medicine, I talk to Jessie and I click that next scoop and it leads me right to both of them.

I'm in a rut. What do I do?

If you have a case expire and they cross out the rest of the cases in that screen, then you can finish out the 72 hours but you won't get any more cases. In that case, I would recommend starting the game over, which will start you at your current level.

If you didn't have a case expire, then just wait until the time of the next case and you'll get a call or something to alert you as to what to do.

Ceej
01-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Understandable, but do you know what I'm referring to? I had just given Brad his medicine as I wait in the security room and next thing I know the rest of my cases expire.

Should I just stay in the security room until 11 am?

The name of the case is the Professor's Prawl? Something along those lines.

Ceej
01-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Nevermind, these last two cases have involved me moping around in the security room waiting to see Carlita on the monitors.

noa
01-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Has anyone here played Perfect Dark Zero? If so, what do you think? Worthy buying? Thanks.

htismaqe
01-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Right now I'm playing Ninety Nine Nights. Got horrible reviews, but I really like it.

Swanman
01-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Has anyone here played Perfect Dark Zero? If so, what do you think? Worthy buying? Thanks.

It's worth a rental, but probably not a purchase. Like most launch titles, the game did not take advantage of the 360 graphically and the game was really short.

QuikSsurfer
01-12-2007, 03:25 PM
just picked up "Lost Planet"
this is the first collectors edition i've bought.. couldn't pass up the exclusive multiplayer map.

Bowser
01-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Right now I'm playing Ninety Nine Nights. Got horrible reviews, but I really like it.

I damned near got that, but opted for Lost Planet instead.

Ultra Peanut
01-14-2007, 12:24 AM
I have the brash enthusiasm of an amateur and the body of a tyrannosauroid!

Cochise
01-14-2007, 12:59 AM
• Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM

Damnit. That was the only way my brother and I could kill him. I wish this would have been around back then. Now I'm kind of done with the game.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-14-2007, 09:17 PM
just picked up "Lost Planet"
this is the first collectors edition i've bought.. couldn't pass up the exclusive multiplayer map.

This game rules, i just got this as well. Very hard to survive though.

htismaqe
01-15-2007, 06:41 AM
I damned near got that, but opted for Lost Planet instead.

It's a button masher, but i love these kind of games. I played both Kingdom Under Fire games for the XBox and played some of the Dynasty Warriors series.

Cochise
01-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Do you guys all really like Dead Rising? I played the demo and thought it was repetitive and boring. I thought it was a cool idea and planned to buy the game, but the demo actually convinced me not to buy.

What am I missing?

KcMizzou
01-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Do you guys all really like Dead Rising? I played the demo and thought it was repetitive and boring. I thought it was a cool idea and planned to buy the game, but the demo actually convinced me not to buy.

What am I missing?I got bored with it really fast. Escorting the survivors to safety is a huge pain. Their AI is horrible.

I haven't played it for a long time, but I'm not really sure I gave it a fair chance. With the way everyone raves about it... I figured I'd go back and give it another shot eventually.

Cochise
01-16-2007, 11:31 AM
I got bored with it really fast. Escorting the survivors to safety is a huge pain. Their AI is horrible.

I haven't played it for a long time, but I'm not really sure I gave it a fair chance. With the way everyone raves about it... I figured I'd go back and give it another shot eventually.

I had fun with the demo blasting zombies with a shotgun for about 2 minutes. Then it got repetitive. I picked up some other weapons but the game quickly seemed to dissolve into run, jump, mash attack button if necessary, rinse, repeat

Ceej
01-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I just enjoy it because I enjoy zombie genre.

Zombie movies and video games are pretty awesome to me.

Lame and nerdy, I know.

Woodrow Call
01-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Just about done playing Oblivion and I have really enjoyed it. Is there any comparable games out?

Adept Havelock
01-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Just about done playing Oblivion and I have really enjoyed it. Is there any comparable games out?

Nothing I've seen out, but Bioware's "Mass Effect" looks really good from the previews. I've really enjoyed their other RPG's.

No spoilers please, but I must say the end of the main quest in Oblivion was tough as hell, and looked incredible. Really enjoyed it. Working my way to head of all the guilds now, before I start over.

QuikSsurfer
01-16-2007, 03:49 PM
well.. you're only 66% through the game.. lots of quest to complete before you've done it all :)
plus the download content available on xbl (knights of the nine)

but to answer you're question - no there isn't another game like oblivion out for the 360... some upcoming games: Mass effect and the Lord of the Rings The White Council (looks like it's going to be AMAZING)