PDA

View Full Version : Kawika Mitchell needs to step it up.

recxjake
11-01-2006, 10:24 AM
There is no doubt that KW has improved greatly since he first came into the league. But it seems to me like he has peaked. The Chiefs need a dominate bad ass mother ****er middle linebacker! Mitchell does pretty good, but not great. The whole team just seems flat, not enough anger out on the field. Mitchell needs to be more like Ray Lewis and pump up his defense. Anyone else think he just hasn't done that much this year?

Also, I watched the nfl replay of the game last night.... Kevin Sampson got beat play after play... he just isn't very smooth, he's always on the ground. I hope Welborne can get in ASAP.

Why is Turely listed as the #2 LT tackle now? I thought when he got better he would start again?

We do not have a # 2 reciever. Parker, Gardner and Webb and Dante are just not existent. I think Parker had one catch for 6 yards, then celebrated like he just won the game! It's getting pretty obvious who to guard... Lj, Gonzo, Eddie.... we need a few more weapons!

Phobia
11-01-2006, 10:32 AM
We put up 499 yards but we need more weapons? Okidoke.

recxjake
11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
We put up 499 yards but we need more weapons? Okidoke.

It's not going to happen if we only have three threats... I'm saying we really need Parker or Gardner to be a real threat to get the heat of Gonzo and LJ and Eddie in the future.

DaFace
11-01-2006, 10:35 AM
I tend to disagree with you on just about everything you said, honestly. Kawika is involved in just about every play. Turley wasn't all that great anyway and will probably throw his back out next time he gets touched. Sampson hasn't been great, but the consistency on the line seems to really be helping out these past few weeks. Yeah, we would like to have a true #2 WR, but for the most part, he wears number 88.

el borracho
11-01-2006, 10:36 AM
...number nine... number nine.... number nine...

Messier
11-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Along with those complaints, I think we need some help at back-up guard. Tre Stallings isn't getting it done.

TinyEvel
11-01-2006, 10:37 AM
I think Kawika is a machine. Last couple of games he got through and the QB just sidestepped him. I think he's great, but there is some untapped potential there.

recxjake
11-01-2006, 10:37 AM
The real defense is going to come out when a # 1 QB and a #1 RB and #1 recievers are in the lineup this week... someone better step up

keg in kc
11-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Defense is about interrupting plays behind the line of scrimmage. If there's a breakdown, it'll be because the tackles are overmatched and/or Hali and Allen aren't getting pressure. It won't be because of Kawika Mitchell, who's having a solid year.

If there's anyone who needs to step up, in general terms, it's the veteran secondary, who's been wildly inconsistent.

Messier
11-01-2006, 10:45 AM
The real defense is going to come out when a # 1 QB and a #1 RB and #1 recievers are in the lineup this week... someone better step up

I think they have stepped up. Other than the Steelers no one have really put up good numbers on the Chiefs.

Mr. Laz
11-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Defense is about interrupting plays behind the line of scrimmage. If there's a breakdown, it'll be because the tackles are overmatched and/or Hali and Allen aren't getting pressure. It won't be because of Kawika Mitchell, who's having a solid year.

If there's anyone who needs to step up, in general terms, it's the veteran secondary, who's been widely inconsistent.
secondary should definitely be playing better

our safeties make a number of mistakes every game
our supposedly top notch corners haven't been top notch at all

mitchell does whiff quite a bit ... but he's playing hard and doing a decent job. I don't much like the way he gets blocked by a RB when he blitzes either.

our defense is better ... but the weakness is still the DT and Safeties.

Law better stop this falling down crap :cuss:

StcChief
11-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Hali should run past. Timmerman at RT.
Allen will have fun against Pace.

He did OK with W.Jones at home.

But Wilkerson, Reed/Edwards can domainate the OGs,C long day for S.Jackson.

Chief Chief
11-01-2006, 10:48 AM
So recxjake thinks our MLB has to do something like a silly pre-game stomp dance in the endzone to make our defense even better..?

Yeah..right...

NY CHIEF
11-01-2006, 10:49 AM
I think turleys gone soon bye bye ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
11-01-2006, 10:53 AM
The Chiefs need a dominate bad ass mother ****er middle linebacker! "Dominate" is now an adjective? I normally wouldn't ask, but I see this a lot on CP. Is this a formal part of the lexicon?

Pitt Gorilla
11-01-2006, 10:58 AM
The player with the second most tackles on the ninth rated defense in the NFL isn't good enough.

MichaelH
11-01-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't agree about Mitchell but strongly agree about the secondary. I just got the NFL Network and watched the replay last night. I was pissed when I saw Law fall over and blow assignments even after knowing the outcome. Many players need to step up and play better after watching the Seattle game.

Phobia
11-01-2006, 11:12 AM
"Dominate" is now an adjective? I normally wouldn't ask, but I see this a lot on CP. Is this a formal part of the lexicon?

It's a known problem with GMC. Expect a recollection at dealerships later this year.

Logical
11-01-2006, 11:31 AM
"Dominate" is now an adjective? I normally wouldn't ask, but I see this a lot on CP. Is this a formal part of the lexicon?

No, we just have a BB full of dumbshits who do not know the word is supposed to be dominant.

htismaqe
11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uYNZzTUjSok"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uYNZzTUjSok" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is our country...even though the truck is made in Mexico....

Wile_E_Coyote
11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
I wonder how much Turley coming back after a couple years down, has to do with his pension. It was worth the gamble

edit: I bet medical for an ex-NFL player is a bitch

Frankie
11-01-2006, 11:42 AM
"Dominate" is now an adjective? I normally wouldn't ask, but I see this a lot on CP. Is this a formal part of the lexicon?:LOL:
I think it is. That's why I've been staying away from pointing it out

Frankie
11-01-2006, 11:43 AM
So recxjake thinks our MLB has to do something like a silly pre-game stomp dance in the endzone to make our defense even better..?

Yeah..right...
:LOL: :clap:

Fish
11-01-2006, 01:06 PM
The player with the second most tackles on the ninth rated defense in the NFL isn't good enough.

Exactly..... recxjake should focus on GM info......

John_Wayne
11-01-2006, 01:25 PM
It's not going to happen if we only have three threats... I'm saying we really need Parker or Gardner to be a real threat to get the heat of Gonzo and LJ and Eddie in the future. Three threats is NOT enough. Just ask Dallas (Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek) and St. Louis (Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt) and the Colts (Edge James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne). There is no way LJ, Gonzo and Kennison can get it done! :p

Halfcan
11-01-2006, 01:29 PM
KM did blow that first touchdown by backing off on coverage-just saying.

Inspector
11-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Kawika would do a lot better if he would just buy one of those slick new GMC trucks.

recxjake
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Three threats is NOT enough. Just ask Dallas (Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek) and St. Louis (Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt) and the Colts (Edge James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne). There is no way LJ, Gonzo and Kennison can get it done! :p

Eddie Kennison is no Irvin, Holt or Harrison.

recxjake
11-01-2006, 01:45 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uYNZzTUjSok"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uYNZzTUjSok" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is our country...even though the truck is made in Mexico....

You mean Texas?

htismaqe
11-01-2006, 01:58 PM
You mean Texas?

ROFL

DaFace
11-01-2006, 02:04 PM
You mean Texas?

Well, the Silverado IS made in Mexico.

http://www.gm.com/company/corp_info/global_operations/north_america/mexi.html

big nasty kcnut
11-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Everybody chill our offence is pretty good and don't forget the secret weapon kris wilson. Defense is way better then last year and i think kwika is getting doubled team so that let allen and tamba hali open to kill the qb and make plays.

recxjake
11-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Well, the Silverado IS made in Mexico.

http://www.gm.com/company/corp_info/global_operations/north_america/mexi.html
and texas

htismaqe
11-01-2006, 02:13 PM
ROFL

We need a smilie with a shovel...

DaFace
11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
and texas

You sure about that? I don't really care, but I can't find anything on GM's site or on Google that indicates that Silverados are made anywhere except Mexico.

Ironically, when I searched for "Silverado manufacturing plant Texas" on Google, the first five results were about Toyota's new Tundra plant in San Antonio. LMAO

recxjake
11-01-2006, 02:17 PM
i think they are made in arlington, texas, but i may be wrong

DaFace
11-01-2006, 02:17 PM
ROFL

We need a smilie with a shovel...

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/digging.gif

htismaqe
11-01-2006, 02:23 PM

Toluca, Mexico.

I know because the company I used to work for (my mom is the shipping manager) sends parts there....

Count Zarth
11-01-2006, 02:29 PM
If we're going to bitch about a linebacker, Kendrell Bell is first in line.

htismaqe
11-01-2006, 02:31 PM
If we're going to bitch about a linebacker, Kendrell Bell is first in line.

He's playing well against the run, but he just can't cover anybody. Whatever Keyaron Fox did, it must have been bad...

milkman
11-01-2006, 03:35 PM
He's playing well against the run, but he just can't cover anybody. Whatever Keyaron Fox did, it must have been bad...

Yeah.
After about 30 games, Kendrell Bell has finally shown up, but he still couldn't cover my dead grandmother.

keg in kc
11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
KM did blow that first touchdown by backing off on coverage-just saying.He talked about it monday morning on 810 (he's on every Monday on Border Patrol). Said he blew his assignment by biting on the run when he was responsible for the pass.

Chalk it up to a learning experience. He's smart enough that it shouldn't be a trend.

Bell, on the other hand, they might as well paint a target on in the redzone. "Throw here. Your TE is open".

Direckshun
11-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Jesus, what's all this shitting on the secondary?

They're 8th in the league in pass defense. They give up big plays occasionally because you're in the NFL and that... happens.

I think KC fans are simply used to a freaking terrible secondary over the past four years, and every catch across the middle ignites a violently kneejerk anger that we've eventually been conditioned to.

Well worry no more. Have some faith in our veteran secondary. We rarely give up big plays, cause numerous coverage sacks, and not a single receiver has really gone to town on us (Pittsburg game excepted). There'll be no more TOs running open across the middle 50 times a game like last year.

Last week Peyton Manning torched the Broncos' secondary, but nobody doubts they have a strong secondary. We need to have faith in our guys, because lord knows our guys are just as talented--and far more experienced.

KcMizzou
11-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Jesus, what's all this shitting on the secondary?

They're 8th in the league in pass defense. They give up big plays occasionally because you're in the NFL and that... happens.

I think KC fans are simply used to a freaking terrible secondary over the past four years, and every catch across the middle ignites a violently kneejerk anger that we've eventually been conditioned to.

Well worry no more. Have some faith in our veteran secondary. We rarely give up big plays, cause numerous coverage sacks, and not a single receiver has really gone to town on us (Pittsburg game excepted). There'll be no more TOs running open across the middle 50 times a game like last year.

Last week Peyton Manning torched the Broncos' secondary, but nobody doubts they have a strong secondary. We need to have faith in our guys, because lord knows our guys are just as talented--and far more experienced.You're (mostly) right. Every big pass play sends us into panic mode. We've seen our team torched so many times, that when a big play against us does happen we think, "Jesus. Here we go again"

That said... we're WAY better than we've been in the recent past.

And Kawika has turned into at least a better than average MLB. The OP must not be paying attention.

Direckshun
11-01-2006, 10:48 PM
That said... we're WAY better than we've been in the recent past.
And you're still claiming that our defense is significantly lacking. I seriously beg to differ. They've been incredibly tight.

Law's fall was a fall. He fell. Wallace made a great pass across the middle for that near-touchdown. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only other big-yardage pass I can think of was a 19-yard throw on 3rd and 20, and our secondary stopped them cold. Other than that, they've been as strong as possible versus an impressive string of receiving corps (Cincinnati, Denver, Arizona, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle).

The only major criticism I've had with them is on short-and-goals, to be honest. Twice against Seattle, twice against San Diego.

But let's not fool ourselves. Outside of our rushing offense, our pass defense is the best component that the Chiefs have on the entire team. Our secondary sports far more interceptions between them than any other secondary in football. They bend but rarely break. I could say it about a thousand different ways but you get the point: they're not getting the credit they deserve.

ChiefFan31
11-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Its already been touched on. But my thinking about the LB's so far is that it sure would be nice for Kendrell Bell to exhibit some play recognition, especially around the goal line. Good Grief! Use your head man!

ChiefsLV
11-01-2006, 11:29 PM
and don't forget the secret weapon kris wilson.

Heh, a year ago everyone would have caught the sarcasm in that statement. Nice thing is, he has actually turned into a secret weapon now that he gets to actually play.

KcMizzou
11-01-2006, 11:47 PM
And you're still claiming that our defense is significantly lacking. I seriously beg to differ. They've been incredibly tight."You're"? As in me personally?

Direckshun
11-01-2006, 11:51 PM
we're WAY better than we've been in the recent past.
Yeah, I'm pretty much targeting you here.

KcMizzou
11-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much targeting you here.Ah... well then you have the wrong guy. I'm a homer.

Ask Laz, I eat rainbows and shit Skittles.

Demonpenz
11-01-2006, 11:56 PM
he'll get hug the shit out of you too

KcMizzou
11-01-2006, 11:57 PM
he'll get hug the shit out of you tooLMAO

Only if you get me drunk first.

(You're an asshole.)

Demonpenz
11-01-2006, 11:59 PM
This thread is dumb. Kind of like the DJ bitching. You can be good and not put up production. Mitchell is fine.

Demonpenz
11-02-2006, 12:00 AM
I bet in two more years when the nfl draft comes around they might start listing linebackers projected as "kwicka mitchell" meaning a solid NFL middle linebacker.

Frankie
11-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Law's fall was a fall. He fell.
I agree. Although he does seem to fall a lot leaving the WR wide open. What is it? Something he's doing wrong?

Or maybe he just needs new cleats.;)

Direckshun
11-02-2006, 11:34 AM
I recall Law falling down twice.

The first time was in the Steelers game when everybody was slipping around.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-02-2006, 12:00 PM
My mailman has a niece, who worked at in the Wal-Mart garden center two summers ago. He said she said, the grass could not have caused Law's falls. And that different spikes would not make a difference either. It was apparent to her Law has a digenerative ankle condition

CupidStunt
11-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Law's fall was a fall. He fell.

I always wondered what it would be like to encounter genius.

Psyko Tek
11-02-2006, 12:39 PM

that's where they put on the price stickers