PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL OHIO STATE-MICHIGAN THREAD

chiefqueen
11-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Kirk Herbstreit fires first shot...........

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/football/ncaa/2006/11/herbstreit-gone-wild.html

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
The plan:

Louisville beats WVU
OSU blows out Michigan
maybe..maybe...Rutgers beats Louisville

The outcome:

Gators win the SEC and play OSU in the NC game :D

JBucc
11-01-2006, 06:10 PM
The plan:

Louisville beats WVU
OSU blows out Michigan

The outcome:

Arkansas win the SEC and play OSU in the NC game :DFYP. I agree with Kirk btw that OSU will destroy Michigan.

DaKCMan AP
11-01-2006, 06:16 PM
FYP. I agree with Kirk btw that OSU will destroy Michigan.

Hah. Playing Arkansas in the SEC Champ would be an easy matchup. Hopefully Arkansas will make it...they still have to go through Tennessee and LSU.

Otherwise, we'll have a rematch with Auburn and as long as we don't give them pts off turnovers we'll beat them in Atlanta (as we should have in Auburn).

chagrin
11-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Whoever wrote that article is obviously an OSU fan!

I will say this, IF OSU truly "spreads" Michigan out, they probably will win. USC killed us with that spread O. This however, is a different Michigan Defense; we actually bring pressure up the middle, fast. We shall see - tough game in the shoe.

Michigan - 21
OSU - 17

GO BLUE!

milkman
11-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I am a fan of neither team, but I have been far more inmpressed with Michigan than I have been OU.

I'm taking Mich, 23-17.

Chief Nute
11-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I guess beating teams by an average of almost 30 points a game isnt impressive:rolleyes:

Baconeater
11-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I am a fan of neither team, but I have been far more inmpressed with Michigan than I have been OU.
I have to agree considering OU has 2 losses. :p

milkman
11-01-2006, 08:06 PM
I have to agree considering OU has 2 losses. :p

:banghead:

OSU

That milkman is a dumbass

Simply Red
11-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Halfway pulling for the Woverines.

ChiefButthurt
11-02-2006, 11:16 AM

I will say this, IF OSU truly "spreads" Michigan out, they probably will win. USC killed us with that spread O. This however, is a different Michigan Defense; we actually bring pressure up the middle, fast. We shall see - tough game in the shoe.

Michigan - 21
OSU - 17

GO BLUE!

ROFL ROFL

ChiefButthurt
11-02-2006, 11:20 AM

I'm taking Mich, 23-17.

I'll take that bet. The loser has to write an essay until their finger's are sore on Chief's Planet....that's probably not fair since you're not a fan of either.

Calcountry
11-02-2006, 11:25 AM
The plan:

Louisville beats WVU
OSU blows out Michigan

The outcome:

Gators win the SEC and play OSU in the NC game :D:bong:

Dude, Michigan is going to beat THE Ohio State University, for no other reason than I picked them as my Dynasty team in NCAA 06 last year.

Ever since, they haven't lost a game.

htismaqe
11-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Having seen both teams up close and personal, I think it will be close, but tOSU will win. tOSU matches up well against Michigan's smashmouth offense, while tOSU will spread Michigan's defense out and wear them down mentally.

tOSU - 27
Meechigan - 21

chagrin
11-02-2006, 11:44 AM
ROFL ROFL

Nice take

Lzen
11-02-2006, 12:34 PM
I can't really predict who will win. But I don't think it will be a blowout either way. Since OSU will be at home, they have a good chance at the W. Make no mistake, though. Michigan is for real this year.

htismaqe
11-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I can't really predict who will win. But I don't think it will be a blowout either way. Since OSU will be at home, they have a good chance at the W. Make no mistake, though. Michigan is for real this year.

Personally, I think they're the two best teams in the nation. Talent for talent, they're about as even as it gets. At that point it comes down to matchups and I think tOSU has the slight advantage there...

Brock
11-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Gonna be a great one.

Chief Nute
11-02-2006, 01:27 PM

Michigan - 21
OSU - 17

GO BLUE!

If Ohio State is limited to 17 or less points in the Shoe with this offense, I will be utterly amazed. Only way Michigan will win is if they win the turnover battle by +2......and that is a promise.

htismaqe
11-02-2006, 01:35 PM
If Ohio State is limited to 17 or less points in the Shoe with this offense, I will be utterly amazed. Only way Michigan will win is if they win the turnover battle by +2......and that is a promise.

I don't see tOSU turning the ball over at all, let alone giving Meechigan +2 in the g/t ratio.

Pittman isn't really a big play threat, but he's pretty good with ball security. Plus tOSU uses the spread offense similar to how New England does, using safer routes and allowing the WR's to run after the catch.

Everybody remembers the big plays by Ted Ginn, but I really think Gonzales is the X-factor. His TD score against Iowa was one of the most athletic plays I've seen in a long time.

chagrin
11-02-2006, 01:43 PM
2000-2005:

20 - 26 OSU
9 - 14 OSU
35 - 21 UM
21 - 37 OSU
21 - 25 OSU

Lloyd only has his job still because he won it all in 1997

I don't see my score prediction as that crazy, however I can re-predict it at:

24 MICHIGAN
20 OSU

htismaqe
11-02-2006, 02:00 PM
2000-2005:

20 - 26 OSU
9 - 14 OSU
35 - 21 UM
21 - 37 OSU
21 - 25 OSU

Lloyd only has his job still because he won it all in 1997

I don't see my score prediction as that crazy, however I can re-predict it at:

24 MICHIGAN
20 OSU

I don't think your prediction is crazy at all. Either way, it's gonna be close I think...

Calcountry
11-02-2006, 02:21 PM
On NCAA 06, Lee Corso says Michigan is gonna man handle them.

Chief Nute
11-02-2006, 02:25 PM
On NCAA 06, Lee Corso says Michigan is gonna man handle them.

Good, I cant remember the last time Corso predicted anything correctly.

htismaqe
11-02-2006, 02:26 PM

I play NCAA 2007 on 360 and he ALWAYS picks against me. He picked me to lose every single one of the 9 games I won in my 2nd season. Herbstreit is much smarter.

Calcountry
11-02-2006, 02:34 PM
I play NCAA 2007 on 360 and he ALWAYS picks against me. He picked me to lose every single one of the 9 games I won in my 2nd season. Herbstreit is much smarter.What is a real hoot, is that I haven't thrown but 2 passes all season, and they are going "It is going to be up to this QB, if he can have a great day of passing, then they will win" in the pregame warm up.

Calcountry
11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
60 Yard field goals are a piece of cake in that game too.

DaKCMan AP
11-02-2006, 10:10 PM
The plan:

Louisville beats WVU
OSU blows out Michigan

The outcome:

Part 1 of the plan is complete. ;)

htismaqe
11-03-2006, 08:31 AM
60 Yard field goals are a piece of cake in that game too.

Not with my sliders...

chagrin
11-03-2006, 08:38 AM

I agree, and will add that he is a dipshit

Chief Nute
11-03-2006, 08:46 AM
I agree, and will add that he is a dipshit

Yea, he correctly predicted that the Mountaineers would win last night.........:rolleyes:

chagrin
11-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Anyone check out the Ohio state game today? Frightening, how good fortune seems to be on their side. Shit like, getting stopped on a 3rd and 1, but the RB fumbled then OSU recovered for a 1st, 1 yards up. Then Smith throws an INT, giving Illinois the chance to make a comeback; Illinois first down, they throw it right to an OSU D-back.

Chief Nute
11-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Funny you say that.....I was thinking the same thing about Michigan....about how lucky they were that the ref didnt call that obvious pass interference on 4th and goal for Ball State with a chance to tie the game....LMFAO

And I thought that the Buckeyes should be embarrased about how they played........I dont think that our performance is in the same world as Michigan....at home to one of the worst MAC teams.

DaKCMan AP
11-10-2006, 02:16 AM
The plan:

Louisville beats WVU
OSU blows out Michigan

The outcome:

Part 1 of the plan is complete. ;)

Part 2 of the plan is complete. ;)

chagrin
11-10-2006, 06:16 AM
Funny you say that.....I was thinking the same thing about Michigan....about how lucky they were that the ref didnt call that obvious pass interference on 4th and goal for Ball State with a chance to tie the game....LMFAO

And I thought that the Buckeyes should be embarrased about how they played........I dont think that our performance is in the same world as Michigan....at home to one of the worst MAC teams.

Nute, you can't go minimizing OSU's failed attempt at losing that game. Both of our teams should be embarassed; home, away it doesn't matter. Both of those games should have been blowouts, you know it and I know it.

Chief Nute
11-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Nute, you can't go minimizing OSU's failed attempt at losing that game. Both of our teams should be embarassed; home, away it doesn't matter. Both of those games should have been blowouts, you know it and I know it.

Yea, you are right, no doubt. But here is my theory on it......Michigan and it's close game was just a fluke thing.....Michigan had over 500 yards of offense and held Ball State to like 40 or something yards rushing.....obviously the score doesnt tell the story......my guess is that it wasnt the most brilliant thing to schedule a terrible MAC school in the midst of a NC run. They made some mistakes that maybe they dont make it they were focused......

And I am truly convinced that Tressel does things like this on purpose. The playcalling was atrocious to say the least.....run on 1st, run on 2nd, and Troy gets sacked on 3rd, PUNT! I think Tressel does these things to check his team's ego at the door......so that they dont listen to the media telling them how great they are.....now they can talk about how they struggled against a bad team.......

Should be a good game next week....and it is a shame that one of them has to lose and not get a chance......

chagrin
11-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Yea, you are right, no doubt. But here is my theory on it......Michigan and it's close game was just a fluke thing.....Michigan had over 500 yards of offense and held Ball State to like 40 or something yards rushing.....obviously the score doesnt tell the story......my guess is that it wasnt the most brilliant thing to schedule a terrible MAC school in the midst of a NC run. They made some mistakes that maybe they dont make it they were focused......

And I am truly convinced that Tressel does things like this on purpose. The playcalling was atrocious to say the least.....run on 1st, run on 2nd, and Troy gets sacked on 3rd, PUNT! I think Tressel does these things to check his team's ego at the door......so that they dont listen to the media telling them how great they are.....now they can talk about how they struggled against a bad team.......

Should be a good game next week....and it is a shame that one of them has to lose and not get a chance......

Tell ya what, it's a fuggin injustice that the two top teams in the nation can't play for the title, but I am glad it will stay in the Big Ten; this is great for the midwest, college football and the Big 10 - IMO

chagrin
11-10-2006, 09:03 AM
p.s. Tressel is an excellent coach, but don't tell anyone I sad that, heh

chiefqueen
11-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Let the hype really begin bump.

Lzen
11-11-2006, 08:05 PM
No doubt in my mind. OSU and Michigan are the best 2 teams in the nation this season.