PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network- Thanksgiving Night Game

Straight, No Chaser
11-02-2006, 04:15 PM
WTF?
If you're not in the KC or Denver metro areas on November 23rd at 8:00 EST. You better have the NFL Network as they kickoff their new Thursday/Saturday "Run Up to the Playoffs" national package.

How much will I be shelling out to watch one game, anyone?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9363505

-->

Phobia
11-02-2006, 04:16 PM
True.

DaFace
11-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Wow. This was announced around 8 months ago.

And you probably don't have a choice. It's just a matter of whether your cable company carries it (unless they have it on a higher tier service I guess).

Straight, No Chaser
11-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Wow. This was announced around 8 months ago.

My planner only goes out about a couple weeks, anything beyond that isn't quite on the radar yet.

-->

Frazod
11-02-2006, 04:21 PM
The good: I get an excuse to bail on the inlaws early on Thanksgiving (they know me well enough by now to NOT want me watching this game in their house).

The bad: NFL Channel isn't one of the 2.5 HD channels currently offered by DTV. 4321

Woodrow Call
11-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I have no clear view of the southern sky and mediacom sucks. :banghead:

Donger
11-02-2006, 04:24 PM
The good: I get an excuse to bail on the inlaws early on Thanksgiving (they know me well enough by now to NOT want me watching this game in their house).

The bad: NFL Channel isn't one of the 2.5 HD channels currently offered by DTV. 4321

You have Thanksgiving dinner at your in-laws? God, that would suck. For us, it was bad enough with my wife and her sisters going at it all evening long. Now, we all do our own dinners. It's much more peaceful.

JBucc
11-02-2006, 04:25 PM
You have Thanksgiving dinner at your in-laws? God, that would suck. For us, it was bad enough with my wife and her sisters going at it all evening long. Now, we all do our own dinners. It's much more peaceful.That's a great idea. Family sucks.

R&GHomer
11-02-2006, 04:25 PM

I'm not even sure the NFL Channel broadcasts anything in HD. I'm just glad I get most of the local channels in off air HD. I never thought you could get such a great picture out of bunny rabbit ears.

Donger
11-02-2006, 04:26 PM
That's a great idea. Family sucks.

It's a shame really. We're a close family, but for some reason the sisters would get hyper-competitive during this holiday.

Frazod
11-02-2006, 04:31 PM
You have Thanksgiving dinner at your in-laws? God, that would suck. For us, it was bad enough with my wife and her sisters going at it all evening long. Now, we all do our own dinners. It's much more peaceful.
My in-laws are nice, and holiday gatherings with them are enjoyable and generally without incident (outside of my MIL's well documented ghastly mashed potatoes :deevee: ).

They are certainly a vast improvement over my own f#cked up family.

BIG_DADDY
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
That's just ****ing great. The two weeks I will be up in Oregon to see family just happen to bet he two weeks the Chiefs games are shown on the NFL network and my family only has cable up there. :cuss:

Now I'm going to have to find a portable dish somewhere.

AZORChiefFan
11-02-2006, 04:42 PM
That's just ****ing great. The two weeks I will be up in Oregon to see family just happen to bet he two weeks the Chiefs games are shown on the NFL network and my family only has cable up there. :cuss:

Or a sports bar. Be like this "You don't want me around whilst watching the Chiefs so I shall retire to a fine drinking establishment and imbibe some aged libations."

Calcountry
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
You have Thanksgiving dinner at your in-laws? God, that would suck. For us, it was bad enough with my wife and her sisters going at it all evening long. Now, we all do our own dinners. It's much more peaceful.Sorry, we know how much you like your MIL's stuffing.

Archie F. Swin
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM
I doubt my local sports bars will be open on turkey Day

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 04:48 PM

I've got a multi sat dish (3 LNB's) for $25 + freight.

KurtCobain
11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
I'll be getting a nosebleed high in the sky at arrowhead on thanksgiving. Better than TV though.

BIG_DADDY
11-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I've got a multi sat dish (3 LNB's) for $25 + freight.

Thanks. My buddy has one he brings camping he will loan me I just called him. What a pain in the ass though. It's amazing what I will go through not to miss the game.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm not even sure the NFL Channel broadcasts anything in HD.

They do but Direct Tv does not carry the HD channel.

Dish Network however does carry the NFL Network HD

KChiefs1
11-02-2006, 05:41 PM
I unfortunately have Directv & I won't be getting this game in HD.

Why isn't every channel in HD now anyway??????????

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 05:44 PM
I unfortunately have Directv & I won't be getting this game in HD.

Why isn't every channel in HD now anyway??????????
Lack of transponder space on the satellites. D* is preparing to launch a new satellite that will be nothing but HD.

Archie F. Swin
11-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Lack of transponder space on the satellites. D* is preparing to launch a new satellite that will be nothing but HD.

does your high-fallootin' black and white TV get that?

MichaelH
11-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I just had Direct Tv installed this past Sunday for this very reason.

GoHuge
11-02-2006, 07:34 PM
I think I've heard more than once that the game will still be shown in the local market on regular TV. Don't know where I heard that or if it's right but I've heard it more than once. I've got Time Warner so I'm screwed if that's the only way. Actually I'll be with the fam and they have Dish Network so I guess I'll be OK.

NUMBER7
11-02-2006, 07:43 PM

Slingbox....can't beat it watched the Chiefs game in Boston last Sunday.

dtebbe
11-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks. My buddy has one he brings camping he will loan me I just called him. What a pain in the ass though. It's amazing what I will go through not to miss the game.

I have a portable dish setup on a 16" square paver block from home depot. Takes about 10 mintues to setup. Take it on every driving vacation we go to. I just mounted the dish to the paver with a couple of "red head" anchors. Works like a top.

DT

StcChief
11-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Sports bar....might be surprise who's bar will suddenly be open now there is a game on TG night....It's all about the $$$$.

OnTheWarpath58
11-03-2006, 10:15 AM

I was told it'd be up and running on January 1, 2007.

Can you confirm that Skip?

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I was told it'd be up and running on January 1, 2007.

Can you confirm that Skip?
You can't believe anything they say in regard to launch dates. The last one was 9 months late and they lied right to the end.